• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No Sora, ever.

By the way, we need to mention another Square Enix character who is totally awesome, starred in one game, is a puppet, and can do magicxZx!!! :awesome:

@ yani
You are correct, but only for the 2nd (and final) Mario Kart Arcade GP game.

Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2 also had Pac-Man (along with Ms. Pac-Man and Blinky) as playable racers. It would be cool to see them again in Mario Kart. :cool:

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
Prove it. I've given you a funny clip that proves Sonic has a personality. I also provided a video that proves that a lot of people were bored to death by Kingdom Hearts. You haven't given anything to back your point. You are totally entitled to your opinion, but you aren't going to win anyone over or have a respectable debate just because you say "well, cuz."
I'm not going to.

Know why?

Because I don't want to win this argument. You can have it. I'm going to go sit over here with HyperFalcon and talk about Digimon.

Good day, sir.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A Digimon discussion but no Oasis? Very Surprising.

Also.... :troll:

But in seriousness, I do like Digimon. It's TV show, at least the first 3 seasons, was so much better than Pokemon.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I never liked Digimon. The Pokémon Show I only watched because I liked the games, and I wanted to see the Pokémon... IN THREE DEE!!! :laugh:

But for real, once Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 came out I forgot about the series as a kid. I haven't watch much of it since, aside from funny clips of it (James with bewbz, lulz). Seriously, some of the Japanese stuff from the Pokémon anime had some weird stuff... >.>

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Have you seen season 5 of Digimon? 4 did tank a bit(cool ideas, though), but 5 was pretty good.

I hope they translate the Xross stuff for us Americans.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Man oh man. As much of a stickler I am about keeping anime and non-videogame franchises out of Smash, Digimon would probably be the one series where I'd be ok with breaking that rule. If only to settle all those playground scores about Pokemon vs. Digimon.

And personally, I feel like Agumon would HAVE to be the playable rep if there was one. Although not to the same extent, he's basically Digimon's Pikachu, and I'd love to see them duke it out.

And then, if they do that, have Digivices as items that work just like Pokeballs? YES PLEASE

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was also never into any of the Mario or Sonic shows. That Super Mario Bros. show was... really nothing. The first Sonic series was also kinda weird, and all the other ones had a lot of... shall I say "awkward" characters in it.

The only video game-based show I ever watched more than 5 episodes of was the Donkey Kong Country show because my friend would always want to watch it with me. I didn't like it that much, even though I loved Donkey Kong Country (the games). But boy, my friend liked it.

Actually, come to think of it, I watched the entire Legend of Zelda TV show. That show is so awful it is amazing!!! It even had that one high school-aged kid from Full House as Link's voice actor, which made the show instantly more amusing! "EX-CCUUUSSSEEEE MEEE PRINCESS!!!" :laugh: (lol at Link being the most feminine character in that show)

And yeah, Agumon is Digimon's Pikachu.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Guilmon, man.

Down B to Digivolve.

Straight to A tier.
I'd love the **** out of Guilmon (he's my favorite Digimon), but Agumon would need to come first. It's hard, but necessary. Like how I feel about Deoxys. He's my favorite Pokemon and I want him in Smash so badly, but there's already a lot more deserving Pokemon at this point.

My biggest hope for him is that Ruby and Sapphire remakes happen before SSB4 comes out, and then he gets a pretty big role in those games. That would probably qualify him over others, but as is stands right now, he's not currently relevant, being 2 gens old.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon started off as a Video Game, Wildvine. Not an Anime. They can all be in.

@Decemberist: Oh, god, he was awesome. I'd rather we used Metalgreymon of anyone. :p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Deoxys' my favorite Pokemon and I want him in Smash so badly, but there's already a lot more deserving Pokemon at this point.

My biggest hope for him is that Ruby and Sapphire remakes happen before SSB4 comes out, and then he gets a pretty big role in those games. That would probably qualify him over others, but as is stands right now, he's not currently relevant, being 2 gens old.
Deoxys isn't my favorite Pokémon (he's amongst my favorite 3rd gen Pokémon, behind Sceptile, Blazekein, Groudon, Metagross, and Breloom and maybe Jirachi), but I think he could make a good (not great) playable character in smash bros.

If I had the choice between Deoxys, Jirachi, and Plusle and Minun for a playable character roster spot in Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS, I would be unable to choose. :facepalm:

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
Im sure the new Smash Bros games will be really fun and all, but I dont expect them to be able to top Melee, and i expect Melee to die shortly after the new one is released. :c

I liked competitive smash but after brawl my hopes are insanely low. in fact im sure ill hve fun with the new smash but im also sure there will be a great deal of disappointment looking back to melee

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ GreenMarth
Nah, competitive Melee will stand the test of time, just like Street Fighter II, Street Fighter III, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 before it. Melee is just too good, too deep, too awesome, and too fun to be forgotten as a competitive game.

Actually I once said something similar could happen with Smash 64's competitive release with Brawl's release (this was about half a year before Brawl's release by the way). In the long term, I was completely wrong. Now the competitive Smash 64 scene, although nowhere near as big as competitive Melee or Brawl, is as strong as it has ever been. Of course having online play via Kaillera and P2P doesn't hurts... >.>

People will always like playing those games competitively, and someone will always play it. Heck, Tecmo Super Bowl, a game that is over 20 years old, is still being played competitively (although having online fantasy leagues helps that). I dunno about you, but if Tecmo Super Bowl can last that long, and Street Fighter II can last over 15 years competitively (and still be going strong), then why can't Melee=??? Last I checked, more people bought Melee than either of those games.

I really hope we get the same kind of long-lasting game in Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. Not just long-lasting, of course, but fun to play. Go to any Melee tournament and you can do all kinds of crazy stuff. 2 Mewtwos vs. 1 Fox, handicap 3 vs. 1 on Poké Floats, Super Sudden Death while camping on the bottom of Hyrule Temple... I've done it all at Melee tournaments. I hope Smash Wii U and 3DS are their own games, but these type of things, along with playing the game serious and competitively are both enjoyable for the decades to come! Given that HAL Laboratories (the developers of Smash 64 and Melee) will be more involved with the game's development, I think that makes it a much more likely possibility. C'mon HAL Laboratories and Sakurai, pull another rabbit out of your magic hat! :cool:
(Also Hal Laboratories and Sakurai, don't grab a d*** in a box by accident!)
:chuckle:

Anyways, good night y'all! :)

Signed,
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brawl is still quote competitive. It's more geared towards the casuals, but it's a very competitive game. We have a very large section of it for a reason. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a Transexual, dude.

But seriously, who are you apologizing to? If it's me, I could indeed be called a Princess. ...It's a joke.
Well, that's indeed surprising...

Just apologizing in general actually.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, you consider yourself a trans sexual while actually being a man..? Did you do surgery? Sorry if that's too personal. It's surprising cause this is the first time you say this so...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, you consider yourself a trans sexual while actually being a man..? Did you do surgery? Sorry if that's too personal. It's surprising cause this is the first time you say this so...

I don't refer to a Transexual as having a sex change. It's just when your body is one gender, and your mind is another.

Although that could also be called Transgendered.

...And I thought you were calling me Princess, so why not mention it at a very convenient time to make what you say exactly right? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't call you a princess... That was for, you know, someone else :rolleyes: No biggie though.

I think Ice Prince is the same as you in that regard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cross dressed he his, but at least similar I guess...

Yeah, announcements would be great of anything at all! Though, E3 seems quite a bit too early to expect anything big

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, they could announce some glaringly obvious returns besides the regular 4(Link, Mario, Kirby, Pikachu) in perhaps their planned style.

Speaking of Link, I have a feeling we're stuck with two Links for eternity. Child because Sakurai considers him the true version of Link, and Adult Link for the latest Console games.

...Huh, Child Link has been kept to handhelds with Adult Link for consoles. I guess that makes sense to rep both versions. I think that if he had to get rid of one, it'd be Adult Link, but he's a veteran from the first game, so...

grizby2

Smash Lord
I agree that they would keep adult link. seems like the type of thing they would do.

Im just glad Ness is a veteran! lucas on the other hand.. dunno if he'll stay.
If they were to add another character from the mother series (which I find unlikely), I would hope it would be a female. probably Ana, seeing how theres a character from Mother 2 and 3 but none from 1.

speaking of females, whats a good example of a female that would be considered a "heavy" character to add to the roster? seem all the females in smash bros are light wieght. (excluding samus of course, but then again shes still "floaty" ya' know?)

grizby2

Smash Lord
ya i love captain syrup! that way wario wouldn't be forever alone.
though i wonder what her move set would be, then again, just look at C. falcon.
whoever thought of "Falcon punch" was a genius.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus is still your best bet. All other potential females are pretty much light weights, or middle weight. Think Dixie Kong, Krystal, Captain Syrup, Palutena... Though, Medusa might become slightly heavy as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If that happens, I'll **** my pants and send them to Nintendo...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
speaking of females, whats a good example of a female that would be considered a "heavy" character to add to the roster? seem all the females in smash bros are light wieght. (excluding samus of course, but then again shes still "floaty" ya' know?)
Female Heavies in the Nintendo universe? Surely you li-- oh. Wendy o' Koopa might fit the bill.
Samus is on the heavy side.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm still expecting some kind of news at E3, no matter what
That reminds me. Assuming Smash 4 is revealed at E3 2012, then it might just be another Nintendo game that managed to show up at three E3s before releasing.

Twilight Princess was shown in video form at E3 2004. It was in playable form for the GameCube at E3 2005. At E3 2006, it in playable form for the Wii.

There was a lot of hype for Twilight Princess. It was very strange how little anticipation there was for Skyward Sword by comparison.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Sorry for all you boys in the thread, I WOULD be someone's Valentine for the sake of being friendly, buuut...
I'm into girls.
Allow me to give you a bear.

Please completely disregard the bear's nose as it is not in any way a secret camera. *shot*

But, I really hope Smash 4 would just keep the best parts of all past three Smash games.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That reminds me. Assuming Smash 4 is revealed at E3 2012, then it might just be another Nintendo game that managed to show up at three E3s before releasing.

Twilight Princess was shown in video form at E3 2004. It was in playable form for the GameCube at E3 2005. At E3 2006, it in playable form for the Wii.

There was a lot of hype for Twilight Princess. It was very strange how little anticipation there was for Skyward Sword by comparison.
Maybe a lot of TP's hype came from being the first Zelda game with more-or-less realistic graphics since Majora's Mask and also being the GameCube's last first party game/a decent-looking launch title for the Wii?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think its like that yeah. People still disregard Skyward Sword too much for it being "gimmicky", or hated for the cell shaded style. It's a very good game though, much better than Twilight Princess, even though I do miss the big over world and secret sword techniques.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think its like that yeah. People still disregard Skyward Sword too much for it being "gimmicky", or hated for the cell shaded style. It's a very good game though, much better than Twilight Princess, even though I do miss the big over world and secret sword techniques.

I thought Skyward Sword was a very good Zelda game. Story wise I think it's the best. I thought the artwork was very nice and I really like various game aspects like flying and skydiving.

I didn't like a few things like the controls were overly complicated and the game didn't pause when you were trying to swtich items. My biggest thing that bothers me though is Link isn't left handed.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well the GC controller isn't going to be compatible (a godsend in my opinion, don't stab me :< ) so unless they make a GC-to-Wiimote-Addon adaptor, you're all stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom