• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Definitely SKIPPED the third party characters. NO REASON TO GO INTO THEM when I have NO IDEA what is going to happen. I can at least FEEL AROUND with the Nintendo franchises.

This roster is actually much too big. Lose 2 - 4 characters and that would be more realistic. If I had to cut people it would be Mona, Toad, Plautena, and Lucario. But I would be very sad to see ANYONE go. Maybe besides Palutena. She could be traded out for... Saki/Starfy/Random Retro/New Third Party/Sonic.

ANYWAYS, I just decided NOT to include third party characters. Because, I don't really like them.

Oh I also laughed at the bottom row. I was like

"clone, clone, clone, clone, who the **** is that, olimar"
I CANT HELP CLONES. And, wake up doll, SHULK IS HERE.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh I also laughed at the bottom row. I was like

"clone, clone, clone, clone, who the **** is that, olimar"
LOL, I did the same.

Just checked out NeoGAF's SSB4 thread and they seems to be into gameplay as much as we are. Should be good news for KumaOso.

:phone:
Really???? Get those people in here!

Definitely SKIPPED the third party characters. NO REASON TO GO INTO THEM when I have NO IDEA what is going to happen. I can at least FEEL AROUND with the Nintendo franchises.

This roster is actually much too big. Lose 2 - 4 characters and that would be more realistic. If I had to cut people it would be Mona, Toad, Plautena, and Lucario. But I would be very sad to see ANYONE go. Maybe besides Palutena. She could be traded out for... Saki/Starfy/Random Retro/New Third Party/Sonic.

ANYWAYS, I just decided NOT to include third party characters. Because, I don't really like them.
*****, GET YOUR BLACK *** OUTTA HERE

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder if we could modify that roster bit?

Take some out we don't like, and replace with someone everyone agrees on? What about it Shortie?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Someone should make a Flash "game" where you can form a roster image from a POOL of characters. Maybe an auto-organize button... *wet dream*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HRPMMM, depends on who it is. I KINDA don't want to. BECAUSE, it's my ROSTER PREDICTION (As of RIGHT NOW, and is subject to change)

I MEAN, I COULD SIMPLY MAKE A SECOND ONE, WELL HOW BOUT THIS? WE SIMPLY MAKE A GROUP ROSTER? Unless you would rather just edit mine? Iunno, I THOUGHT IT COULD BE COOL. Maybem umm, make a Broom thread?

The day another clone arrives at the scene from that Xenoblade thing is the day I go and shulk in a corner.
I DOUBT either Isaac or Shulk would be a clone.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fair enough. I can't really judge Shulk as I don't know a THING about him (which says something about his worldwide popularity as I'm not the only one who doesn't know who he is, many people haven't a clue) but I just did some superficial cover judging when I saw him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Basically, what the SSB4DG is doing, BUT we could make it less WHAT WE EXPECT, and what would be IDEAL? That way, you know, the roster doesn't end up ALMOST IDENTICLE to the one I have made right now.

which says something about his worldwide popularity as I'm not the only one who doesn't know who he is, many people haven't a clue
WELL, you gotta give it a few years, you know, for it to come out EVERYWHERE and let it sink in and whatnot. Doesn't come out for US until 2012.

D

Deleted member

@xIblisx: I'd wish I could do that. Sadly, a free e-mail address won't get you an account, so I have no way of getting them in.

Also, sorry for short memory, but can you link again to where Forbidden Seven data is stored?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To save time, just go to the question sub-forum in the Brawl General Workshop, make a question thread asking about it.

You'll get an answer in about 1-3 days. I don't feel like digging in this thread.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, Shortie's roster looks quite realistic, not too out of place or too obscure characters included in the roster- yet Shortie think this kind of roster might not be done actually.

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
Okay, so we all have potential SSBU picks- but I want to sit down and take a look about who is most likely to be in rather than who I want to be in.

First off, lets look at Nintendo characters that will most likely be in the new SSB-

Dr. Mario has a good chance for a comeback, and I think Rosalina has a good chance as well. I can see a new Fire Emblem character joining, or a return of Roy. For Pokemon- most of the popularish ones will be in pokeballs. I don't see a good chance of most of the pokemon mentioned in joining the fight... Mewtwo has a very good chance at comeback, but I also think Zoroark has a good chance of coming into the fray.

We may see a new Kong, but K. Rool seems unlikely (to me). I don't expect anything new from Zelda, since the main four are there already. I dont expect anything from Metroid, either. I DO think that there will be some new character pulled out from deep within the bowels of Nintendo's history though- but I'm not placing any bets on any particular one. and also-
Stop.
Waluigi time.

For non-nintendo characters, we have mostly a chance to only see a few of these pulled in. SEGA characters have the biggest chance, but seeing how Megaman is popular and has a history with Nintendo, he might join in. I also think, since Nintendo boughta very large percentage of Monolith's stock a couple years ago, we may well see KOS-MOS in there. Disney might even toss in a bone with their Epic Mickey.

I don't have any basis for the new characters, just speculations. I'm not trying to toss in favs, I'm thinking about whats most likely.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh, I though Xenoblade was an older game getting ported here. If it's a new game and US is getting an official launch release, I may reconsider.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay, so we all have potential SSBU picks- but I want to sit down and take a look about who is most likely to be in rather than who I want to be in.

First off, lets look at Nintendo characters that will most likely be in the new SSB-

Dr. Mario has a good chance for a comeback, and I think Rosalina has a good chance as well. I can see a new Fire Emblem character joining, or a return of Roy. For Pokemon- most of the popularish ones will be in pokeballs. I don't see a good chance of most of the pokemon mentioned in joining the fight... Mewtwo has a very good chance at comeback, but I also think Zoroark has a good chance of coming into the fray.

We may see a new Kong, but K. Rool seems unlikely (to me). I don't expect anything new from Zelda, since the main four are there already. I dont expect anything from Metroid, either. I DO think that there will be some new character pulled out from deep within the bowels of Nintendo's history though- but I'm not placing any bets on any particular one. and also-
Stop.
Waluigi time.

For non-nintendo characters, we have mostly a chance to only see a few of these pulled in. SEGA characters have the biggest chance, but seeing how Megaman is popular and has a history with Nintendo, he might join in. I also think, since Nintendo boughta very large percentage of Monolith's stock a couple years ago, we may well see KOS-MOS in there. Disney might even toss in a bone with their Epic Mickey.

I don't have any basis for the new characters, just speculations. I'm not trying to toss in favs, I'm thinking about whats most likely.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5414029

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
That animation took for freaking ever!

But yeah I see your point.

I didn't think about Bowser Jr. Toad is doubtful to me, but hey, he was playable in a few core titles... we'll see.

I put in Rosalina just because its the most recent new good guy character, and looking at all the mods I've seen, a Rosalina character is a possibility (more so than some of the other ones anyway. Sorry Cloud and Spiderman).

Yes, Dr. Mario is a filler character. I dont even really like Dr. Mario. But, he's been in the game before, and his data still exists... it would be fairly easy to just plug him into SSBU. Thats why I gave him a chance.

I'd really have to think hard about Toad- before giving him a chance that gets past the 50% range. I think if he had a chance of being in, it would be in Melee instead of putting in a Dr. Mario. As for Bowser Jr.'s chances- due to his appearances in recent Mario games as an antagonist on top of popularity, much more likely. (IMO)

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I prefer to see Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario, but with different attributes. I wasn't a fan of alternate characters having their own character slots.

D

Deleted member

Wonder what?

@SSBF: So wait, what about the free email address thing not working?
Meaning that the site doesn't allow it. You can't use Hotmail, Google, Yahoo, or other e-mails like that. For some reason, NeoGAF banned it.

@KumaOso: I'll link tomorrow. I need sleep.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I prefer to see Dr. Mario as an alt for Mario, but with different attributes. I wasn't a fan of alternate characters having their own character slots.
Same. I don't care if he has other changes like his fireballs looking like pills, etc. He should've just been a costume in Brawl.

Speaking of that, same could be done for Pichu with Pikachu. Also, anybody notice Pikachu had some of Pichu's hats?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To give him different attributes rather makes him his own character though, no?

Though I would like the graphic of the Fireball to be changed to the Pill. Change the texture of the Cape to white. Change the graphic effects of his Fsmash. Change a sound effect or two. That's probably too much to ask for with a simple model swap, but oh well.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think anything we say will be anything like what will actually appear in SSB4. Especially since I think no one was even close with Brawl on this site. Most likely-- who knows what that even means. Looking at the forbidden seven, the most wanted characters from people, the four rules of Sakurai's selections... even with these we will not have a single clue. Though, this is all my opinion, and SSB4 may end up being predictable. *shrugs*

Also, that animation wasn't too long, it was awesome. :D

Edit: Though I would enjoy somehow massing together a bunch of S-Boarders and constructing a roster with one another, analyzing each slot carefully (somewhere around 50 if Sakurai goes by his single mention of the roster size).

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I feel confident that its possible to code Dr. Mario as an alternate with the change of graphics and attributes, especially since Sakurai was able to give the Pokemon Trainer 3 Pokemon to work with. Plus Zelda turning into Sheik, same with Samus & ZSS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Though I would like the graphic of the Fireball to be changed to the Pill. Change the texture of the Cape to white. Change the graphic effects of his Fsmash. Change a sound effect or two. That's probably too much to ask for with a simple model swap, but oh well.
Doc and and Pichu are more than Wario's overalls. They deserve CARE if they're going to be model swaps/TRUE CLONES.

I doubt we will ever get Model Swap clones. Probably a Doc costume, IF WERE LUCKY.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It's more like a semi-new character in Zamus' case. Instead of changing up the moveset entirely, I just added moves. And I as I mentioned to Shortie, Zamus would still be a single character on the tier lists. I also went with the whole two movesets thing was because the whip was hardly in Brawl and her very debut trailer made it look like it was going to be much more prominent. Also, in my mind, you would need both movesets to be effective with her. The whip moveset would struggle with close-ranged combat while the gun one would struggle with defensive play.

Also, your idea would probably complicate things big time. All Pit's swords do is a cosmetic thing. It doesn't actually affect how he plays. Maybe you could explain your idea to me.
At first I thought you meant to add a whole moveset, rather than change. I was basically saying instead of splitting between two movesets, they could be mixed in better since she can already transform into her Power Suit.
I just find it more interesting if the whip and gun were mixed since splitting them would bring random kicks to occupy space.
The thing with Pit tho is just an idea, it could definitely bring something new although complicated. I could try to make that system as simple as possible, but yea.

If it's just graphics, they did it with Wario's Taunts. The sound might be the only problem but if it's just for the pill I don't think so.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I am back my mom wouldn't let me stay up so I had to wake up earlier than she did.
I have the spaced Victini move set. And heres one for Ryu Hayabusa.

Victini Moveset
Stats
Power 7/10
Dash 7/10
Air Speed 10/10
Weight 3/10
Priority 5/10
Attack Speed 4/10
Range 5/10
Height 3/10
Shield 5/10
Jump 7/10
Dash Attack-Body Slam-slams body into foe. Sex kick properties. 14% clean, 4% late.

Jab-Headbutt-headbutts repeatedly. 3%, 2%, 1%+.

Up Tilt-blasts a burst of flame upward. 11% damage

Side Tilt-Energy Ball-blasts a green ball of energy that travels 4 stagebuilder blocks. This is a slow moving projectile. 7% damage

Down Tilt-Incinerate-spits a flame on the ground. This can be chained very fast, like Ness, down tilt and burns items.

Nair-Fusion Bolt-creates a ball of electricity around itself. Then it rams into the oponent, dealing multiple hits and high horizontal knockback. 3-18% damage (depending on hits)

Uair-Fury Swipes-swipes with lightning speed five times, each doing 3% damage. 15% damage

Fair-V-Create-headbutts with ears ablaze. When sweetspotted at the beginning of the attack, this can KO easily at 75% in a hard to DI trajectory and gives off a flame effect. 19-6% damage. Sex kick properties.

Bair-Flame Charge – Hurls body at the foe while surfing a wave of flames. 13% damage

Dair-Psyshock-blasts a pinkish burst of psychic energy downward. This can spike and KO aerial foes at 70%. 14% damage

Up Smash-Flame Burst-Victini will kick off its feet and corkscrew upward while in a vertical cloak of flames. This is Victini’s most balanced smash attack, KOing reliably at 110%. 12-24% damage

Side Smash-Double Edge-Victini tackles forward. This move can easily KO at 70% angled upward. This move has IASA frames and comes out quickly. The only drawback is the low knockback Victini receives. Considered the best side smash, on par with Luigi’s side smash. 19-34% damage

Down Smash-Overheat-Victini spins around the opponent’s feet with trailing streaks of fire. This creates a ring of fire. The ring is 1.4 times as wide as Bowser. The foe will be caught in a stream of 4% hits then launched horizontally with fantastic base KB and KB scale. This is the strongest multi hitting down smash and the strongest down smash in the game, KOing at 65% uncharged, but very laggy, and projectiles can’t put it in hitstun, allowing for easy damage racking with blasters like Fox and Falco’s. 16-24% damage

Pummel-Fire Fang-bites foe with a flaming fang. 2% damage
Up Throw-like Jigglypuff’s up throw but stronger. A decent KO move at 150%. 10% damage
Front Throw-hurls foe forward with ears. 11% damage
Back Throw-hurls foe backwards with ears. 11% damage. A decent KO move.
Down Throw- Throws foe on ground and spits fire on them. Can chain grab. 8% damage

B-Searing Shot-gathers a small ball of flame and throws it. If it hits a foe, they will be caught in and explosion much like the Bob-omb. This is chargeable. 5-25% damage

Up B-Fusion Bolt-Victini creates a blue ball of electricity and hurls itself in the direction of the control stick. Stronger KB when Fusion Flare is used first. 14% damage

Side B-Flare Blitz-hurls itself while cloaked in flames. Looks like Fox’s Fire Fox. Charged it can KO at 100% and travels all the way across Final Destination. 5-23% damage

Down B-Fusion Flare-creates a ball of fused fire and throws it at the foe. This can be charged by rapidly tapping B and can be stored by tapping L or R. Stronger KB when Fusion Bolt is used first. 5-25% damage

Super Smash-Stored Power-releases a fiery shockwave from body that deals equal damage to Victini’s total damage. 1-999% damage

Final Smash-V-Create-Victini’s ears become a blaze and he will hurl in direction of Lcpad. KOs at 25% onward. 27% damage (each hit)

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Stats
Power 6/10 Abilities-wall cling, wall jump, wall climb (only character to climb walls)
Shield 4/10
Attack speed 7/10
Dash 9/10
Air Speed 8/10
Priority 5/10
Jump 8/10
Weight 4/10
Dash A-Flying Swallow-extremely fast attack and really long range. Deals 9% damage

Jab-Crimson Slash-Ryu slashes the foe 3 times. Deals 10% damage 3rd hit has high KB.

Up Tilt- Blade of the Undefeatable-slashes upward. Deals 10% damage

Forward Tilt-Windmill Slash-does a small hop and a spin slash. Deals 10% damage

Down Tilt-Bottom Cut- slashes downward while ducking. Spikes aerial foes. Long
range, quick execution. 8% damage

Nair-Blade of the Nirrti-slashes 3 times. Twice in front and one behind. Has very good
knockback. It can KO at 115%. 18% damage front, 12% damage behind.

Uair-Moon Slash-slashes upward. It can be chained. 11% damage

Fair- Blade of Empty Wind-slashes forward (horizontally). Slow attack for Ryu but one
of his best combo finishers and strongest moves. High horizontal knockback, KOing at
105% damage. Deals 14% damage

Bair-KICK-kicks from behind. Not a sex kick. This is a mid combo move. 13% damage

Dair-Falling Dragon Blade-a stall than fall with Dragon Blade. Spikes with good power. 15% damage

Up Smash-Crimson Tempest-slashes up then jumps up while slashing. His most balanced smash, KOing at 115%. 17-23% damage

Side Smash-Haze Cut-Ryu does a pretty slow start up and then slashes through the enemy. The start-up is actually ok, but for Ryu, it’s his slowest and one of his strongest attacks. Can KO at 100% and deals 18-24% damage.

Down Smash-Spin Slash-Ryu does a spin slash. His weakest, fastest smash. 12-17% damage

B-Shuriken-throws a group of shurikens that can be charged from normal to inciendary to windmill. 15% damage
Up B-Teleport-Ryu teleports. Good range.
Side B-Ninpo-uses his current ninpo. Changes ninpo using down B.
Art of Inferno-focusing his mind, Ryu creates pyrokinetic flames that envelope him and then using his telekinetic ability to control these flames. Art of inferno is one of Ryu's most powerful moves. It deals great damage and great knockback. It’s easy to out prioritze it though. 25% damage
Art of Flame Phoenix-if you angle down Art of Inferno, a flaming phoenix will appear and shield Ryu on one side. 14% damage
Art of the Ice Storm a vertical whirlwind of ice emerges and any enemy caught in this Ice Storm will be frozen in place as ice shards repeatedly pierce into them. Out of battle it can be used to put out fire barriers. Ryu can move it with his mind. 18% damage
Art of the Hurricane: Ryu creates a twister. Foes caught in it will be spun to the top and launched powerfully vertically. 14% damage
Art of the Wind Blades: 3 sharp waves of vacuum are created and amplified as Ryu moves his arms at lightning fast speeds, they then radiate outwards in the direction Ryu swings his arm, slicing everything in their path. This is a great spacing move. 10% damage each wave. 10-30% damage
Art of the Inazuma: Amplifying the bio electric currents in his body, Ryu is able to quickly charge up electricity in his body, which is then instantly blasted outwards as lightning striking all enemies in the vicinity. Outside of battle this is used to destroy boulders of large rocks. This move is chargeable by tapping B, fast, powerful, and can KO at 100% damage. 17% damage
Art of the Piercing Void: Ryu first focuses his telekinetic energy created by centripetal vibrations in his lower dantian or ki focal point, then forms the energy using gravitational waves propagated from his conscious spirit, resulting in a rotating black hole trapped inside a semi permeable spiritual force field that keeps it stable. Because of the semi permeable nature of the force field around the black hole, time space fluctuations occur around the black hole as Ryu sends it flying off, it's gravitational pull is great enough to rip the environment around it apart and pull debris encircling into the black hole as it speeds away. Chargeable by tapping B and can deal between 18-37% damage. KOs earlier than his other ninpo, at 85% fully charged.

Down B-Ninpo Change-changes ninpo in this order. He flashes a color.
Inferno/Flaming Phoenix
Ice Storm
Wind Blades
Inazuma
Hurricane
Piercing Void

Pummel-Upper Kick-kicks foe. 2% damage
Forward Throw-Lunge-Ryu throws the foe and then stabs them. 11% damage
Up Throw-Izuna Drop- Ryu grabs the enemy foes up then DOWN! It's like Kirby's up throw. 13% damage
Down Throw-Stab-places foe on ground and stabs them. 9% damage
Back Throw-Back slash- throws the foe backwards and slashes him/her. 11% damage
Super Smash-Art of Divine Life-he heals himself by 50% damage. He also gains boosted power in his ninpo and is invincible for 18 seconds.
Final Smash-Berserk-unleashes his full potential on foes, using an ice storm on foes to trap them, then blasts an Inazuma on them. Then he slashes 4 times and blasts a piercing void, doing 30% damage Total 83% damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom