• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd actually be fine with that. Especially if it opens up the chance for another crossover...

@Iblis: I saw the new BR thread. Sounds like fun. Good idea.

Also would anyone like another stage concept from any of these series?: Metal Gear, Sonic, Mega Man, or Pokemon?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Depends if Sakurai wants more than one character of a third party. I honestly doubt it, ElvishSpirit. MegaMan would be great, though.

D

Deleted member

heres a new topic:

If Nintendo would make an agreement to work with Capcom, do you think that Capcom would include both Megaman and Ryu? Its hard to imagine them making a deal with Capcom and NOT having Megaman, and yet its hard to imagine them making a deal with Capcom and NOT having Ryu.
I would say the possibility is definitely there due to them working together. Mega Man is obviously my first choice, but after that, Ryu from Street Fighter works as well.

@---: Do one for Metal Gear. We haven't seen many of those suggested.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Capcom only has two REALISTIC choices, Megs and Ryu. Outside of that we have Jill in third, and then Viewtiful and Phoenix balls coming in forth and fifth. This is UNLIKE Square Enix. They have a lot to go through, and no DEFINITE leader.

If any company deserves a slot, it's SE. Then Capcom, then Namco. Then everyone else.

How would you guys feel about two stages per 3rd party company? One for the character who got in, and another from a completely different series? I already brought this up, but very few responded.

Ex: Sonic gets in, we get a Sonic Stage, and aa NiGHTS stage
Snake gets in, we get a MGS stage, and a Castlevania stage
Megaman gets in, we get a MM stage, and a Resident Evil stage
Black Mage gets in, we get a FF stage and a DQ stage
Nightmare gets in, we get a SC stage, and a Pac Man stage

I also like the idea of two/three AT's from third party companies.

SEGA (Tails, Shadow, NiGHTS)
Konami (MGS character, Castlevania character, Bomberman)
Capcom (Roll, Ryu, Jill Valentine)
Square Enix (Crono, Slime, Geno)
Namco (Ivy, Pac Man, Heihachi)

Sound good yeh?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well unless someone wants to break the tie, I think I'll have a crack at a Sonic stage seeing as it's the most developed in my head.

If I get lucky I'll have it up by tomorrow so please look forward to that. ;)

@Shortie: I like those AT ideas. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, but the way things were supposed to work out was that I would say that, Arcadenik would leave as the better man, and I would say how lonely I am.

@Shorts: I figured it was due to people getting up for school, lol. OR WORK. Or staying up late in my case. BD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's weird how many people are on at this time. Even for the east coast, this is pretty early.

@Oasis, Actually, wrong. They're all going to early prayer and fasting. god, GET IT RIGHT.

I LIKE YOUR LOCATION~

As for Toad, all we have to go on him is what Sakurai said back on the Melee dojo. But you're right about how Sakurai looks at characters.
You ignored what I said :urg:

Didn't I deal with this already? Even John knows the answer to this.
Do Free Bird.
This

I love the song :)
Lol
Miyamoto sent Sakurai a pre-release copy of Super Mario 3D Land with a letter. Why does Sakurai not want us to see it? Hmm... Must be something secretive concerning Super Smash Bros... After all EVERYTHING he does is a clue about Super Smash Bros. Why else is he such good friends with Kojima? Trolls of a club stick together.
Mabye....

- Has something to do with Toad. Good or bad.

- Stage addition

- Items

- Assist trophies

- Adding Boom boom

- Nothing to do with Jr. since he isn't in the game.... Or not.

About Kojima....

- Probably why Zero suit Samus is in Brawl. Sakurai probably plays MGS.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's weird how many people are on at this time. Even for the east coast, this is pretty early.

@Oasis, Actually, wrong. They're all going to early prayer and fasting. god, GET IT RIGHT.

I LIKE YOUR LOCATION~
Yeah it's pretty early over here. Right now, it's about 7 o'clock though, so to me, I'm not up late. :)

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Got to go. School :). But today is different. Today, I am wearing my Mewtwo T-shirt.

Funny thing is, I got the shirt when I was like 9, and it still fits to this day.

D

Deleted member

Capcom only has two REALISTIC choices, Megs and Ryu. Outside of that we have Jill in third, and then Viewtiful and Phoenix balls coming in forth and fifth. This is UNLIKE Square Enix. They have a lot to go through, and no DEFINITE leader.

If any company deserves a slot, it's SE. Then Capcom, then Namco. Then everyone else.

How would you guys feel about two stages per 3rd party company? One for the character who got in, and another from a completely different series? I already brought this up, but very few responded.

Sound good yeh?
I think this would work out great. It would satisfy fans of the other franchises.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You ignored what I said :urg:

Didn't I deal with this already? Even John knows the answer to this.
???

I didn't ignor it. But I think you ignored what I said.

I don't think this applies that much anymore due to Toad's recent apperances, which IMO, makes him really stand out in comparison to other Mario reps, however, we cannot just go ignoring the only evidence we have on a character even if it's negative; especially when it's something that's hard to predict like a Mario rep

Got to go. School :). But today is different. Today, I am wearing my Mewtwo T-shirt.

Funny thing is, I got the shirt when I was like 9, and it still fits to this day.

Awesome.

Any interesting news and **** happen while I was gone?

Hello?
Not much that I can remember.

Also I'm just about done with my next stage concept so I'll have that up later. I hope it'll please Sonic fans. ;)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Poppy U have to go to school on Vetrans Day..?

Also, I got Skyrim!

But... My XBox360 is acting up, and won't play it.
Yep. I do. BTW, what state do you live in?

Also, the rest of that post ALMOST made me laugh out loud. Good thing I didn't, cuz I was in the middle of Chemistry... :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am probably going to pick up Kirby's Return to Dream Land soon.

It will be the second game that I bought this year.

I probably would have picked up a 3DS this year as well, however, that attachment pad spooked me from buying the console (I am expecting an updated model that has this built in).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Poppy: YEAH, I can't stop entertaining the ideas of different Nintendo characters' KARTS...

@Chrono: I hope I don't regret getting a 3DS this December because of that. Ah well. You'll probably even get cooler colors to choose from. Jerk.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
heres a new topic:

If Nintendo would make an agreement to work with Capcom, do you think that Capcom would include both Megaman and Ryu? Its hard to imagine them making a deal with Capcom and NOT having Megaman, and yet its hard to imagine them making a deal with Capcom and NOT having Ryu.
No. Sakurai chooses the roster, and he's the one who picks characters. From what I saw with Brawl, it's going to be him asking for characters. He wont pick both, and I see no reason to pick Ryu.

yani_

Smash Ace
No. Sakurai chooses the roster, and he's the one who picks characters. From what I saw with Brawl, it's going to be him asking for characters. He wont pick both, and I see no reason to pick Ryu.
Ryu has no chance against Megaman. Even though I'd rather someone not from Capcom ;)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I had to come up with something. Anyone have Event Match ideas? Something involving Mario and Wario as they team up to battle a metallic Giga Bowser?
Well, I had an idea involving both Mario and Wario:

Mario & Wario
Character: Luigi
Level: Sky (unique, Adventure Mode-type side-scrolling level)

Wario has taken over the Mushroom Kingdom and blinded Mario with his binding bucket helmet! Guide Mario to safety with Luigi and defeat Mario's nemesis!

The goal of this stage is to reach the end of the level and defeat Wario. As Luigi, the player guides an NPC-controlled, bucket-headed Mario to the finish. Every action the player makes, Mario mimics a second later; if Luigi jumps, Mario jumps afterwards. The level is filled with obstacles such as platforms to jump on and enemies to avoid. Luigi must move so that he and Mario are both safe.

At the end of the level, Luigi encounters Wario in a basic brawl. Once Wario is defeated, the bucket on Mario's head shatters and you win the event.

Don't worry Falcon, I am pretty confident we will see both an Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland stage alongside a returning Halberd.
This brought up a question in my head:

Do you expect returning past stages to be used in All-Star and Classic mode this time around in SSB4? If not, is it a good idea to use them nevertheless?

Sound good yeh?
In my opinion, that's an overload of representation for third-parties. I don't mind giving other franchises from a third-party company representation, but limit it. I'd like this at best for each 3rd-party company featured:

1 Character
1 Stage Based on Playable Character's Franchise
2 Assist Trophies - 1 from Playable Character's Franchise, 1 from Non-Playable Franchise
Assorted Trophies & Stickers from PC's Franchise Plus NPC Franchise Assist Trophy
Assorted Music from Many Franchises from that 3rd-Party

Here's an example of that with Konami.

Snake
Shadow Moses Island
Grey Fox, Simon Belmont
Metal Gear trophies + Simon Belmont's own trophy
Metal Gear music + Castlevania music +Bomberman Music

Also, I got Skyrim!
I'm getting Skyrim as soon as possible. So hyped...

Where the hell is Arcadenik.
Duck Hunt Dog for Mario Kart 7.

Anyways, I'm going to be gone for not only my last cross country meet of the year with my team, but for a home football game as part of the band. Tomorrow the band is heading for a marching competition. I won't see you guys until late tomorrow. See ya. :)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Really, Java? So do I(at least, the football game as part of the band part)! What instrument do you play? I'm proud to be a trombone in my marching band.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
New York... Creeper.

I'd accept this. But that duck better be called the Hunted.
I'm not a creeper, dude. :glare:

I just wanted to know, since apparently your schedule doesn't run the same as mine. I live in Tennessee, so I figured you lived somewhere else.

And I agree with the DHD Kart name. Sounds cool. Fly Away is good too.

OH SHNAP! Whoops. Double post.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
TO ALL! I have an annoucement for HyperBlade.
I'm making a movie about 3rd Party characters for HyperBlade, and I got these characters so far:
Snake (MGS4)
Sonic and Classic Sonic
Amaterasu
Cloud (Final Fantasy)
Zombie Gang (Black Ops)
Master Chief

I need 3 more for reps. Anyone got any ideas? I have (for ideas):
Mega Man/Zero
Bomberman

Anymore?

@Poppy Ok then... Peeper :awesome:

Status