• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Oasis
This is from my perspective, so just hear me out, please. I feel that Midna is an important character because she's the first Zelda character to "speak."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Isn't that poll on Meta Knight's banning by the community as a whole=???

If it is, FYI the community doesn't ban Meta Knight, only the Brawl Back Room for Smash Boards, the All is Brawl Brawl Back Room, and tournament hosts.

The first "should Meta Knight be banned?" poll had 60% people say yes (I said no, and still kinda say no, although I think there should be more non-Meta Knight tournanments, and more low/mid/high tier tournaments), but the Brawl Back Room voted over 60% in favor not to ban Meta Knight.

If that is from the Brawl Back Room though, that's a crazy shake up. We'll see how it turns out. Personally, I just feel Meta Knight should be banned from counter-picking several stages (Norfair when it's legal, Rainbow Ride) that make him broken, or just flat out not allow him to counter-pick any non-neutral stages at all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
**** Derp.
Wait MK is being banned?!!

Wow, if true, I never thought I'd see the day.

So now let us all join hands and pray that SSB4 will be more balanced. :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Isn't that poll on Meta Knight's banning by the community as a whole=???

If it is, FYI the community doesn't ban Meta Knight, only the Brawl Back Room for Smash Boards, the All is Brawl Brawl Back Room, and tournament hosts.

The first "should Meta Knight be banned?" poll had 60% people say yes (I said no, and still kinda say no, although I think there should be more non-Meta Knight tournanments, and more low/mid/high tier tournaments), but the Brawl Back Room voted over 60% in favor not to ban Meta Knight.

If that is from the Brawl Back Room though, that's a crazy shake up. We'll see how it turns out. Personally, I just feel Meta Knight should be banned from counter-picking several stages (Norfair when it's legal, Rainbow Ride) that make him broken, or just flat out not allow him to counter-pick any non-neutral stages at all.
The Poll was made by the Ruleset Committee. They are in charge of bannings, stagelists, and the such. So it's offical.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Midna is trash, I rather see Tingle instead, at least he has more importan.ce
Midna co-stared in Twilight Princess (heck, she was the TITLE CHARACTER).

Tingle hasn't had a major role in a canon Zelda game other than the Wind Waker as a filler treasure chart translator. Other than that, he had 2 spin-offs, one of which only came out in Japan and Europe, the other of which only came out in Europe; both sold in the 6 digits at best, which make his games easily the worst selling Zelda games of all-time (even worse than Link's Crossbow Training).

Plus unless I'm mistaken, he hasn't appeared in canon Zelda game since the Four Swords Adventures, which came out like in 2004.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Wasn't he banned before? So technically Snakes the best now with MK banned or Wario

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, I'm going to have a lot to tell my Gaming Club this week. lol

So in celebration/defeat let us now discuss how SSB4 should be balanced. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I think Meta-Knight ban proves that SSB4 needs to have better balance. Ganondorf for one, needs a major buff and an unique move set.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Midna co-stared in Twilight Princess (heck, she was the TITLE CHARACTER).

Tingle hasn't had a major role in a canon Zelda game other than the Wind Waker as a filler treasure chart translator. Other than that, he had 2 spin-offs, one of which only came out in Japan and Europe, the other of which only came out in Europe; both sold in the 6 digits at best, which make his games easily the worst selling Zelda games of all-time (even worse than Link's Crossbow Training).

Plus unless I'm mistaken, he hasn't appeared in canon Zelda game since the Four Swords Adventures, which came out like in 2004.
I don't care, i support Ghirahim more anyway, its just that Tingle seems to be liked in Japan if i'm not mistaken.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Opelucid
Diddy Kong his higher on the tiers than everyone except Meta Knight, and was a soft Meta Knight counter (his only real counter). So Diddy Kong is slightly higher than Snake, although with Meta Knight gone he may drop.

But yeah, characters should NEVER have a move that you can spam that makes you impervious to damage (other than one of DK's attacks) that can travel far EVER AGAIN! Like Aether is fine (although I think Ike should be impervious instead of just having super armor), but man, those tornadoes could go so far, and were so annoying. It makes Brawl into rock-paper-scissors. I just hope it makes the community better, and the competition better.

@ Swayne
I agree she is doubtable, but she is way more important than Tingle ever was in any Zelda game that matters.

Also, Meta Knight is why Sakurai is having people helping him balance the next smash bros, lol!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Brawl becomes a balanced game because no one (before MK) had all positive match-ups across the boards.

Brawl is going to become a diverse game full of secondaries now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good points.

Personally I'm just wondering what the Tier list will look like now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For all those automatically dismissing Midna and Ghirahim as one-time characters, how do you know this is going to be the case? What, we can't have any more recurring characters?

And I want to see where that tit with wings was finally banned.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Logically speaking, yes, but at least he has bad matchups.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually that's a good question Omega. It's between Falco, Snake, Marth, Diddy, ICs, and Wario.

Narrowing it down it's closer between Snake and Diddy but it's too early to tell with the "new" metagame made

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meta Knight had two somewhat soft counters (Diddy Kong and Wolf), but no really other counters. Personally, I think Pikachu in smash 64 was far worse. It had NO counters, and was a God that could not be stopped. It was faster, could combo better, had the only real amazing recovery (the rest are somewhat predictable), it had range, it could kill fairly early, and it could do quite a lot of damage.

It basically did everything better. Meta Knight just kills too early, has a tad too much range, and has the brken nadoes. If his nados weren't invincible, he would never be considered "ban worthy."

An Kuma makes a great point, although I doubt we'll see Midna return. If she does, she will definitely have a diminished role, though.

Kel

Smash Master
Guys, this isn't a metaknight thread.

In fact, it's pretty much banned to talk about it anywhere on smashboards because it incites hate and flaming.

If you like MK, go to the proper tournaments relative to your interests.

If you want him banned, support the MK banned tournaments and show everyone they're not alone. You have to support the banned tournaments or he'll stick around.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Actually that's a good question Omega. It's between Falco, Snake, Marth, Diddy, ICs, and Wario.

Narrowing it down it's closer between Snake and Diddy but it's too early to tell with the "new" metagame made
Hmm...so was this made today? I wonder how it came to that decision for his banning, too much spamming of his move?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, that is interesting stuff there, hmm....so there's still a chance to bring him back? I thought it was final tbh.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Midna (& Wolf Link) would be pretty interesting since they would be the the first "single" character made up of two characters (Unless you don't think she should be on Wolf Link's back, in which case I say you're silly). Not to mention we'd have another four-legged character. Midna would fight with her freaking hair/hand THING. Pretty interesting all around.

Her popularity (assuming it's even THERE) will likely be overshadowed by Ghirahim after Skyward Sword though. She has very little going for her. MUCH TOO BAD.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This discussion about Meta Knight being banned if off-topic for this thread. This topic is about Smash 4, not Brawl. Take it to the social group if you wish to continue that discussion.

As for Midna, she had her chance with Brawl. She was what I would like to call a "now or never" character. Other characters that went through the same circumstance as Midna did were Micaiah and the Black Knight. None of these characters will likely show up in another game in their respective series.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As for Midna, she had her chance with Brawl. She was what I would like to call a "now or never" character. Other characters that went through the same circumstance as Midna did were Micaiah and the Black Knight. None of these characters will likely show up in another game in their respective series.
And Dark Samus. :awesome:

RIDLEY HAS NO COMPETITION. HUUUUARRGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom