• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I don't mind 3rd party's I'm fine with them as long as Sora stars away from Smash Bros. I just noticed Melee came out two years after 64 if development still started in October I wouldn't be surprised if we got it 2013 but if it's starts in 2012 then 2014

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Technically, there is a very small chance of that happening.

Actually it is very plausible that Snake and Sonic will be removed. We do not know what Sakurai's policy is about guests in Smash Bros., but in other fighting games the guests are typically there for only one game. However, I think Kojima has already sat Sakurai down on this subject...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I would like to solely see Nintendo all stars at times, solely just to get more Nintendo based characters, I don't despise it however.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't mind 3rd party's I'm fine with them as long as Sora stars away from Smash Bros. I just noticed Melee came out two years after 64 if development still started in October I wouldn't be surprised if we got it 2013 but if it's starts in 2012 then 2014

But if you look at Brawl in relations to Melee it was seven years. Though if it comes out in 2014 it would be six years.

As for the 3rd parties I'm not going to hold my breath. In one of Sakurai's interviews a reporter mentions about the not many main Nintendo characters left and Sakurai agreed.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
But if you look at Brawl in relations to Melee it was seven years. Though if it comes out in 2014 it would be six years.

As for the 3rd parties I'm not going to hold my breath. In one of Sakurai's interviews a reporter mentions about the not many main Nintendo characters left and Sakurai agreed.
Yeah but the Wii wasn't revealed until what 2005? And the Gamecube was revealed in I think 2000 just taking a random guess. If the Wii U was revealed in say 2010 with Smash4 we'd probably get a trailer for Smash Bros at E32011 heck Smash4 would probably be a release title for the WiiU

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Hopefully he understands that he needs to add villains from existing franchises (K ROOL/RIDLEY) and main characters of smaller franchises (STARFY/ISAAC). Plus Third Parties are necessary. I WANT MY LAYTON!

D

Deleted member

Actually it is very plausible that Snake and Sonic will be removed. We do not know what Sakurai's policy is about guests in Smash Bros., but in other fighting games the guests are typically there for only one game. However, I think Kojima has already sat Sakurai down on this subject...
When I was referring to third-party characters being removed, I meant an entire elimination and going Nintendo-only.

As for my opinion on third-parties, I very much enjoy the concept of having them and support new ones for this game; however, I wouldn't throw a fit if they were removed to free room for Nintendo newcomers. While I do think third-parties are returning, I don't expect them due to being well, third-party.

What I don't want to see is the same guest characters again and no new blood. Too stale for my taste.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I am going to go by, Japanese release dates.

Smash 64 to Melee: Two years, 10 months (practically three years)

Melee to Brawl: Six years, 2 months (six years)

So Melee to Brawl was not seven years.

As to that quote about Sakurai, Sakurai said he disagreed with that statement by the interviewer (meaning that Sakurai does think that there are still some notable Nintendo characters left to place into Smash Bros.), however, he did say that there was barely any new characters that were created since Brawl.

I am not expecting Smash 4 to release until late 2014 at the earliest. Anyone that expects a 2013 release is deluded.

D

Deleted member

Layton would be great for this game as well. I would be very interested in his puzzle-like play.

OmegaXXII

It's coming out in 2013 guys :awesome:

I wish it did, sadly it won't happen until Q3 2014 at the earlist, if only it would have gotten announced last year, but believe it or not I'm hoping it will take even longe. Because if this Smash were to be the last Smash to end em' all then it needs to be at it's best, it's peak, almost even perfect in anyway way, it has to exceed expectations, that is why I wouldn't mind a longer wait time if it meant a better overall game.

D

Deleted member

Three years sounds perfect to me. It gives the team the opportunity to do everything they want and less stuff would have to be cut.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just thought of something new pertaining to Mario Kart 7 and character chances.

What if Donkey Kong Jr. and Kamek show up?

Donkey Kong Jr. was a playable character in the original Mario Kart, however, he has not made a playable appearance in a new video game since 2002 (Game & Watch Gallery 4, and before that Mario Tennis in 2000). The Mario Kart team has no problem with placing in baby versions to the characters, going as far as to introduce Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii. Sakurai seems to recognize the Donkey Kong series arcade roots going so far as to give Donkey Kong Jr. and Stanley trophies in Melee, and making 75m, the Spring an item, and the original Donkey Kong a Masterpiece in Brawl. Could Donkey Kong Jr. become a possible dark horse for a DK newcomer spot in Smash 4 if he does return in Mario Kart 7?

As to Kamek's chances in Mario Kart 7, keep in mind that he was supposed to be a playable character in Mario Kart 64. I am surprised that they have never revisited this idea. However, if he does show up in Mario Kart 7, I think we will be seeing much more demand for him as a playable character.

Really Mario Kart 7 is quite possibly the last major release (aside from Kid Icarus Uprising) before Sakurai begins development on Smash 4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...That would be pretty AWESOME.

But don't you know they'll want to PROLONG the updates by showing you a character, wait one month, show you one of their specials, and then a couple months later show you their Final Smash. >8OOO

"Giga Bowser Jr."
Just keep a steady stream of news and start it at the right time. Look at Capcom. They did not announce that Street Fighter X Tekken was in the works until Comic-Con 2010 (though rumors persisted for a while). Then, they started releasing info back in April 2011 and, save for May, they've been giving a consistent amount of info each month. Each month, we've seen four new characters and we get to see them in action. I really wish Nintendo would not only do something like this, but also try to stay in touch with the gaming community, especially for Smash.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I just thought of something new pertaining to Mario Kart 7 and character chances.

Donkey Kong Jr. was a playable character in the original Mario Kart, however, he has not made a playable appearance in a new video game since 2002 (Game & Watch Gallery 4, and before that Mario Tennis in 2000). The Mario Kart team has no problem with placing in baby versions to the characters, going as far as to introduce Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii. Sakurai seems to recognize the Donkey Kong series arcade roots going so far as to give Donkey Kong Jr. and Stanley trophies in Melee, and making 75m, the Spring an item, and the original Donkey Kong a Masterpiece in Brawl. Could Donkey Kong Jr. become a possible dark horse for a DK newcomer spot in Smash 4 if he does return in Mario Kart 7?

As to Kamek's chances in Mario Kart 7, keep in mind that he was supposed to be a playable character in Mario Kart 64. I am surprised that they have never revisited this idea. However, if he does show up in Mario Kart 7, I think we will be seeing much more demand for him as a playable character.

Really Mario Kart 7 is quite possibly the last major release (aside from Kid Icarus Uprising) before Sakurai begins development on Smash 4.
The only reason DK Jr. was in the first one was because DKC wasn't made yet, ergo Donkey Kong wasn't even a character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How long the game is going to take to be made is going to depend on a few things:
1. The size of the development team.
2. The priorities in development (aka no Subpar Emissary getting top treatment).
3. The size of the creative team (and it's looking to be bigger than one this time around).
4. Sakurai's general attitude about making the game, and that's looking to be much, much, much better than it was for Brawl.

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: If King K. Rool or Dixie Kong doesn't show up, I can see Sakurai paying homage to Donkey Kong Jr. and putting DK Jr. as the unexpected third DK character (AKA R.O.B. of Brawl).

As for Kamek showing up, I can't really picture Kamek being in Smash. Being relevant via that game would help his chances, but I don't think it would be enough to make him likely.

BTW, I wonder if there are any highly requested potential Mario Kart newcomers? That could be a good sign of potential newcomers for that game.

Kel

Smash Master
BTW, that logo seems to be the EXACT same logo for both the Japanese and American Brawl games. This leads me to believe that this is a fake.

However, that red ink on the upper right IS sakurai's name.

The rest of the article is too blurry to read. Sorry.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Well, to be honest... I don't really mind Donkey Kong Jr. in SSB4. I always felt that he is neglected since 2000. But if Nintendo decides to revisit Donkey Kong Jr., if Donkey Kong Jr. as one of 10 NES Ambassador games means something, and includes Donkey Kong Jr. in Mario Kart 7 and/or Mario Tennis 3DS... I would probably say he is likely, but not as likely as Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. If Nintendo remakes Donkey Kong Jr. (the NES game) in the same vein as Donkey Kong (the 1994 Game Boy remake) and Mario vs. Donkey Kong, I'd be very ecstatic with a "Mario vs. Donkey Kong Jr." game and I would 100% support Donkey Kong Jr. for Smash. :awesome:

But I want Donkey Kong Jr. to have unique moves like climbing up vines (recovery) and throwing fruit (just like in the arcade) or something crazy like pulling a Game & Watch Judgment with math (Donkey Kong Jr. Math). Just don't be a clone of Donkey Kong - same A moves are tolerable, but please let the B moves be different!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only reason DK Jr. was in the first one was because DKC wasn't made yet, ergo Donkey Kong wasn't even a character.
Wrong. Donkey Kong has been in existence since 1981. They added Donkey Kong Jr. in Super Mario Kart because he was more popular than Donkey Kong in 1992... most likely because he was the first playable Kong in gaming history.

It was Rare who gave Donkey Kong Jr. a radical redesign for Donkey Kong Country and Nintendo rejected it and told them to either use the original design or call him a new character. So, Rare called him Diddy Kong. Source. And of course, they then decided that Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong Jr. all grown up and Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong. But of course Baby Donkey Kong shows up in Yoshi's Island DS to complicate matters. He cannot be Baby Cranky Kong and he cannot be Donkey Kong Jr. :rolleyes:

*goes back to playing Donkey Kong Jr. on my 3DS*

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
If it wasn't why would I be decked out in Earthbound attire? On top of that it has some of the best music on the SNES. Some of the real life sampling aside...

EarthBound - Onett (The REAL song)
EarthBound - You've Come Far (Coffee Break)
EarthBound - Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)
EarthBound - Kraken of the Sea
EarthBound - Battle Against a Machine
EarthBound - Snowman
EarthBound - Otherworldly Foe
EarthBound - Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap
EarthBound - Welcome Home, Magicant
EarthBound - Belch's Factory
EarthBound - The Tenda's Cave
EarthBound - Pink Cloud Cave
EarthBound - The Lost Underworld

of course

EarthBound - New Age Retro Hippie
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!

Yes I love Earthbound...
I like Earthbound alot, considering that faux screenshot, would it actually be true if didn't get ''no more'' F-Zero & Earthbound representation? Seems to faux rumors have stated this otherwise, i wouldn't believe it but still.....

OmegaXXII

I like Earthbound alot, considering that faux screenshot, would it actually be true if didn't get ''no more'' F-Zero & Earthbound representation? Seems to faux rumors have stated this otherwise, i wouldn't believe it but still.....
Hmm...well considering both franchises are pretty much semi-dead, I wouldn't heavily count on one, however in the Smash universe there seems to be fame for these franchises, at least F-Zero might come out with a new title either for the 3DS or Wii-U which would probably make Sakurai reconsider another rep, a 2nd rep for F-Zero, in this case it would most likely be Samurai Goroh, as for Earthbound, I'm pretty sure the series is finished according to it's creator, still, in the world of Smash they are somewhat wanted, I dontthink an expansion for it would likely happen, if anything I can see Sakurai swapping out Lucas for Claus or dropping Lucas altogether if it came to that, a 3rd rep for Earthbound however I don't really see as likely unless the Japanese wanted it soo bad.

OmegaXXII

What 3 different versions of Link? Meh..just Link/Toon Link are good enough, any other Links should be alternate costumes of their repective Link because it would be a waste of roster space doing so.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What 3 different versions of Link? Meh..just Link/Toon Link are good enough, any other Links should be alternate costumes of their repective Link because it would be a waste of roster space doing so.

This pretty much sums up how I feel, oh yeah I think Ghirahim actually has some moveset potential. He'll probably use a sword or something later in the game but I think he could be a really fast agile character; he could use those diamond things as a projectile move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jp53NmISdw

OmegaXXII

This pretty much sums up how I feel, oh yeah I think Ghirahim actually has some moveset potential. He'll probably use a sword or something later in the game but I think he could be a really fast agile character; he could use those diamond things as a projectile move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jp53NmISdw
Wow, he seems impressive indeed, in my opinion seems more interesting than Tingle, I also do support him more than Tingle since Tingle could easily get his own series, Ghirahim however will play a major role from which the Zelda characters appearances are going to be based on.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't Midna STILL very popular? Don't suppose that would put her in the running? Or would it just land her as an AT at best?
EUGH, never mind. I just found a "Want Midna Back" site, thinking it shows she's still very popular, but...

"Some of our members have a very deep and true love for Midna as well, and we ask that you acknowledge and respect that."

...probably shows what it's more about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom