• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Well, i guess so, i'm just skeptical about the whole thing is all.

Has anybody created a stage for him? any good movesets?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, a couple of movesets have been suggested, one involves his weapon change which I really like to see, also for recovery his roil coil from Zero or a Shoryuken style from MvC2 would also work in his favor, not too sure how his copy ability should work.

Edit:Here is a moveset from MYM, it should give you a bit of understanding of how he would work.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5973117&postcount=1250
:phone:

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Is Capcom actually doing such a thing just to draw in more money? I don't know, it doesn't seem like a good plan to me, they are messing with people's money here, so much so that alot of fanboys have already started hating on Capcom just for it, I believe major backlash would occur if no new title ever came out.

Considering that they re-release the same game with 12 more characters and balance fixes that should have been done in patches for free, what he's proposing with Mega Man isn't too big of a stretch for money grubbing.

BladeKnight420

Smash Rookie
Oh, sorry. When I quoted your post it didn't put in who you were quoting.

StarPhoenix said:
Megaman is just being reserved until the very last installment so they can have a character that will entice people to purchase a digital add on or third installment. Dead serious on this. It is sick, but it is EXACTLY what they are doing.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Megaman is just being reserved until the very last installment so they can have a character that will entice people to purchase a digital add on or third installment. Dead serious on this. It is sick, but it is EXACTLY what they are doing.
Hope you're wrong and they just add Bass.EXE and totally crap on all the Megaman fans, but make ME happy. That would be the highlight of my life <3

Corneria I don't like. Halberd is easy to avoid.
Corneria is so Nostolgic though. It's the most most nostolgic stage for me. Seconded by PKMN stadium, and then Green Greens, Peaches Castle, Saffron City, and Onett.

That is exactly why I am NEVER buying a capcom fighting game until years after it's released.

I didn't buy Street Fighter IV because I knew they were going to release a new one. Finally they did, and after half a year I bought it. Only for them to reveal Street Fighter Arcade Edition, or whatever.

...Never again
One of the main reasons I sold SSFIV. With SF x Tekken and UMvC, I don't really plan on buying it anytime soon. Hopefully Elena is added to the SF x Tekken roster/ The rumor is that Karin and R. Mika are in it at least, so yeaaaaah!~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is exactly why I am NEVER buying a capcom fighting game until years after it's released.

I didn't buy Street Fighter IV because I knew they were going to release a new one. Finally they did, and after half a year I bought it. Only for them to reveal Street Fighter Arcade Edition, or whatever.

...Never again

OmegaXXII

Haha, Capcom is screwing alright, they need to step up there game, also that DLC lock is really money streching that they are infamous for doing, not cool.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

...Never again
But see. You stop buying the games and then not all of the characters will make it into the series. Instead of having all of the extra characters in SSIV you'd be left with only the vanilla SFIV roster.

So pick your poison.

OmegaXXII

They are just tricky like that, they simply include/exclude characters in different versions to get you to big all, luckily Smash will never be like that, at least I hope it doesn't with RE: Super Smash 4 lol...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That why I called it RE:

That's how Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories remake was named.

Yeah, but Kingdon Hearts always has weird titles. COOL GAMES, but weird titles.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sora hit the SSB screen actually. So long as Mickey and the disney aspect stayed FAR from it. Disney is a major part of that game, but I know they could squeeze around it if they reeeeaaalllyyy tried.

If Kingdom Hearts 3 is developed for PS3 & Wii U, it would only strengthen the reason for considering Sora, but as of right now KH has mostly made small story installments on the GBA, DS, and now the 3DS. So, it's not like they've really commited to Nintendo yet, or even made a big mark with Nintendo. Still, about half of their games have been on Nintendo titles.

And Sora would play unique, but I didn't need to tell you guys that. Roxas AT > Riku & Mickey AT.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, but Kingdon Hearts always has weird titles. COOL GAMES, but weird titles.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sora hit the SSB screen actually. So long as Mickey and the disney aspect stayed FAR from it. Disney is a major part of that game, but I know they could squeeze around it if they reeeeaaalllyyy tried.

If Kingdom Hearts 3 is developed for PS3 & Wii U, it would only strengthen the reason for considering Sora, but as of right now KH has mostly made small story installments on the GBA, DS, and now the 3DS. So, it's not like they've really commited to Nintendo yet, or even made a big mark with Nintendo. Still, about half of their games have been on Nintendo titles.

And Sora would play unique, but I didn't need to tell you guys that. Roxas AT > Riku & Mickey AT.
Haha, this reminded me of this:

It would have been cool, anyway I believe KH3 is in planning but is taking too long for it, we need a new game already, sora would definetly have a unique moveset, heck I remember some Sora fanboys during the Brawl hype creating Sora movesets and all, they were interesting with the use of his Keyblade and such. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those of us here who are interested in Dragoln Quest X. There is a new trailer out that has about a minute and a half of gameplay. Looks 10x better than I thought it would. You can find it at the link.

http://nintendoeverything.com/74117/

Now if Dragon Quest were to make it into SSB4 the new land "Astoria" should be the stage. If it can cycle through seasons/time just as in the game. It would make for a beautiful stage if modeled after the higher detail of the Wii U installment.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Looks pretty cool! When does that game come out I might get it.

I was looking at one of the rosters for SSB4 I made when I was like 13 I'll post it it's pretty bad though haha

here it is I was 13 then so yeah haha

Mario Games
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Daisy
Waluigi
Yoshi
Toad

Wario Ware
Wario

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
Galacta Knight

Pokemon
Pikachu
Meowth
Pokemon Trainer Sinnoh( Piplup Monferno Torterra)
Darkrai
Plusle Minun

StarFox
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Krystal

Zelda
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda
Vatti
Toon Zelda

Metroid
Samus
Ridley
Zero Suit Samus

EarthBound
Ness
Lucas
Clause

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

F Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Bull

Sonic
Sonic
Shadow

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Lyn
Roy

So how does it look?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

...Never again
First off, SFIV had already been in the arcades back in 2008 and then you have the "update" with the console exclusive characters. That being said, the console exclusives weren't exactly popular because they just kinda suck (but that's another topic). SSF4 adds in 10 characters, two of which are brand new, an improved online component, new attacks, and better balance. Arcade Edition was a DLC patch and a retail release for those that skipped on the previous titles.

If you're ever going to play competitively, they you should probably not play fighting games years after their release. Other wise, knock yourself out.

And I'll say this again. I love how people ***** on any fighting game getting updates and then you got a new COD or Madden coming out every year and no one complains.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I have a better Idea that will take alot of work....

Chrome move-set:

Chrome can always call his friends for help.

Natural-B: Projectile Mage or Archer come and shot an arrow or a Fire ball.

Side-B : A paladin comes and Chrome get on the mount and charge forward.

Up-B : A pegasus Knight comes and grabs Chrome's hand and fly around for a short time.

Down-B: a Knight comes and protect chrome from a projectile.
MY FRIENDS FIGHT FOR ME!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HURM. Why'd you have to fight it, Star. Why couldn't you just let it happen. Don't you know I'm the strongest in the whole world?!

My calculating skills are equally strong, which means that in a "worst" (lol) case scenario, The Big Three would take up 46% of the roster. That's six Mario, seven Zelda, and 10 Pokemon (all total). That is actually ...less than Melee. This also assumes one was a second trainer, which I find DOUBTFUL, so I'd cut that to 42%.

In my... letssee 53 (total) roster, they (19 all) would take up 35%. That would actually be the smallest in the series so far... WHICH I GUESS I WOULD STILL PREFER. BUT I WILL AT LEAST ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE NOT A LOON. >8(

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
In my... letssee 53 (total) roster, they (19 all) would take up 35%. That would actually be the smallest in the series so far... WHICH I GUESS I WOULD STILL PREFER. BUT I WILL AT LEAST ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE NOT A LOON. >8(
Lawl, 53.
25charmanders

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
OK, so I noticed something:

Melee introduced transformational characters (Sheik), tag-team characters (Ice Climbers) and Side Special moves

Brawl introduced switching between characters in-game (Pokemon Trainer), third-party characters and Final Smashes

What could SSB4 introduce?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Melee introduced transformational characters (Sheik) and tag-team characters (Ice Climbers)

Brawl introduced switching between characters in-game (Pokemon Trainer)

I had weapon switching with my Caeda moveset, too bad her chances are lower then ever. XP

Oh well, maybe MM could pick up my idea, although I don't think it'll turn out the same.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

Melee introduced transformational characters (Sheik) and tag-team characters (Ice Climbers) and Side Special moves

Brawl introduced switching between characters in-game (Pokemon Trainer), third-party characters and Final Smashes

Tag-team switchers (Diddy/Dixie), where both are on the field and attack, but you can switch which is first to change up the moveset, in addition to a "combine" mode.

Super-special moves (A and B together, plus directions...probably easier if it's just a single dynamic move that you can execute while moving in any direction rather than four separate moves).

Combo Final Smahes, or at least the ability for multiple characters to execute them simultaneously. Also, better Final Smashes, because half of them don't even feel relevant to their characters.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tag-team switchers (Diddy/Dixie), where both are on the field and attack, but you can switch which is first to change up the moveset, in addition to a "combine" mode.

Super-special moves (A and B together, plus directions...probably easier if it's just a single dynamic move that you can execute while moving in any direction rather than four separate moves).

Combo Final Smahes, or at least the ability for multiple characters to execute them simultaneously. Also, better Final Smashes, because half of them don't even feel relevant to their characters.
Tag-team switching, simultaneous Final Smashes and A+B special moves all sound awesome. :)

@--- Weapon switching for Mega Man? That sounds cool, how would that work?

D

Deleted member

SSB4 could introduce a fifth special move. --- brings up a good idea in regards to weapon switching, but I'm not betting on Mega Man getting it quite yet.

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: Not a bad idea. No cuts are made, Pokemon gets five slots, and those hoping for all five gens to be rep will be happy. Only people who would be upset are Mewtwo fans.

@Starphoenix: I would love to see six Pokemon slots for SSB4; but I don't think it's going to happen. We should count ourselves lucky if we even get five.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@--- Weapon switching for Mega Man? That sounds cool, how would that work?

Oh I ment it could be special move, but unfortunetly other then probably changing one of his specials it wouldn't do much in terms of mechanics, although it would make him unique I guess.

For my Caeda moveset I had her entire moveset being changed in terms of knockback and range when she switches her weapon; so she would have it to an extreme in comparison to MM.

As for A+B making for a new special move, I know it was brought up before, and like before I'm totally for it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Starphoenix: I would love to see six Pokemon slots for SSB4; but I don't think it's going to happen. We should count ourselves lucky if we even get five.
6 Poke reps isn't that unlikely at all. We were going to get 3 vs 12 in the original, we had 4 vs 26 in Melee, and we would have had 5 if not 6 Pokereps vs 39/40 in Brawl had Mewtwo and Plusle and Minun made in. Each sequel has added 2 Pokereps, as well. 6 slots versus a potential roster of 45-55 is not a high ratio.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Meowth
4. Mewtwo
5. Zoroark
6. Pokemon Trainer (5th gen starters with Victini as Final Smash)

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
As for A+B making for a new special move, I know it was brought up before, and like before I'm totally for it.
I would especially like it to function, like I said, dynamically. I feel the franchise should be going in a speedier direction, and giving each character an omnidirectional, repeatable air dash move with little lag would make the game a lot more mobile. It wouldn't even have to be an attack in most cases, just a means of getting characters around faster. Sure, they'd have to tweak several upB moves to keep them relevant, but I think it could work. Think Sonic dash for everyone.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't see the big deal of having 6 slots, if it was planned for Brawl then with SSB4's bigger roster it shouldn't be much of a big deal. Heck even Sakurai said in interviews that picking Pokemon characters was tough so having 6 slots would make sense.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
P. Trainer Red
Lucario
5th Gen Pokemon

This is what is on my 48 character roster and I still have room for about 6-7 new franchises while giving older franchises their dues as well.

But overall I have hope that we'll won't seeing any cuts this time around unlike Melee to Brawl. Brawl has more unique characters then ever and cutting anyone of them will cause a stir even the Semi-Clones. Mewtwo I can forgive however, as he was planned but cut due to Sonic and seeing as how far he made it.

Although at the moment the only characters I see getting the cut are Snake and Sonic due to various company issues which ignor all reasons for not cutting a character.

Gotta go, back later.

D

Deleted member

--- said:
That's the best way to handle a fifth special move.
Metal Overlord said:
6 Poke reps isn't that unlikely at all. We were going to get 3 vs 12 in the original, we had 4 vs 26 in Melee, and we would have had 5 if not 6 Pokereps vs 39/40 in Brawl had Mewtwo and Plusle and Minun made in. Each sequel has added 2 Pokereps, as well. 6 slots versus a potential roster of 45-55 is not a high ratio.
I'm just not trying to raise my hopes for a six slots situation, even thought I clearly support it. Out of seven Pokemons (four in Melee and three planned for Brawl), 3/7 were cut. That alone is enough to make me doubt it and I'm worried enough about Pokemon not even getting five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom