• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
D

Deleted member

How would you react if third-party characters were completely removed from SSB4 and how would you expect the reaction to be?

Personally, I'd be mixed on it. I would very much miss the concept of third-party characters as I do feel that there are worthy characters that should get in, but I wouldn't necessarily rage over it since they aren't mandatory.

However, I'm expecting the Internet boards in regards to Mega Man, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, and Smash to turn into living hell for a month and lots and lots of lulz. Sonic would also be usher into a new age of lulz.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Damned iPod generation...

Aiyyo! A shoutout to Psycho for including WIN sources!

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Here's another idea: Having the option to select the Pokemon and AT's that can appear during battle. Want only legendary Pokemon to show up? Want the AT's that dish out the most damage? How about for a specific battle (like having a pure Mushroom Kingdom fight)? You'd now have freedom of choice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How would you react if third-party characters were completely removed from SSB4 and how would you expect the reaction to be?
It would be a shame, but over all my reaction would depend on which 1st party characters would fill in for them.

Ex. If it was Mewtwo, then O.K.
Ex. If it was Tingle then :mad:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Here's another idea: Having the option to select the Pokemon and AT's that can appear during battle. Want only legendary Pokemon to show up? Want the AT's that dish out the most damage? How about for a specific battle (like having a pure Mushroom Kingdom fight)? You'd now have freedom of choice.
This is a good idea.

Therefore, Sakurai will never implement it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Personally, I'd be mixed on it. I would very much miss the concept of third-party characters as I do feel that there are worthy characters that should get in, but I wouldn't necessarily rage over it since they aren't mandatory.

However, I'm expecting the Internet boards in regards to Mega Man, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, and Smash to turn into living hell for a month and lots and lots of lulz. Sonic would also be usher into a new age of lulz.
It would be madness to say the least, we are expecting 3rd parties such as Megaman, if this were to happen and we get no Sonic or Megaman, alot of people would be in utter rage including myself, I would even dare mess with it's fanboys and Smash would get alot of heat and utter outrage.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's a good idea, it could happen, however I wouldn't except it to.

Although we shouldn't be able to select Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi for obvious reasons.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Negatively. I firmly believe that no original, unique characters should be cut under any circumstances, regardless if they are first or third-party characters, or if they are characters that I love or hate. If Tingle got cut from a Smash game, who I absolutely despise, I'd still be pissed because he would bring something unique to Smash. Don't even me get me started on Mewtwo getting cut from Smash. If they bring something fun and unique to the table, then why should they got cut? Just my 2 cents, of course.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
That's a good idea, it could happen, however I wouldn't except it to.

Although we shouldn't be able to select Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi for obvious reasons.
Actually, they wouldn't be part of the list at all. They'd still show up randomly.

D

Deleted member

It would be a shame, but over all my reaction would depend on which 1st party characters would fill in for them.

Ex. If it was Mewtwo, then O.K.
Ex. If it was Tingle then :mad:
Same with me. I'm willing to give up third-party characters if it means guaranteeing deserving Nintendo character that otherwise would not have gotten in.

This move would slightly increase all Nintendo potential newcomers chances.
OmegaXVII said:
It would be madness to say the least, we are expecting 3rd parties such as Megaman, if this were to happen and we get no Sonic or Megaman, alot of people would be in utter rage including myself, I would even dare mess with it's fanboys and Smash would get alot of heat and utter outrage.
There would be rage. Lots and lots of rage. It'll also be humorous for those who recognize that guests aren't guarantee.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Hey, I liked the idea of choosing Pokéballs and ATs. A lot.
It would be like Random Stages, right?
Yeah, I like it.

Another idea, what about a Master Ball item.
The idea is pretty obvious, and was probably thought before: Legendaries ONLY.

D

Deleted member

I feel as Ryu Hayabusa has a decent shot for a third-party character with Tecmo's recent relationship to Nintendo, but not being a popular request is what will likely keep him out. Sadly, I don't have much hope for his inclusion. The only third-party characters I want to see that I can honestly say that could realistically get in are Mega Man, Slime, and Layton.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is a little bit off topic, but what chances do you think ryu hayabasu from ninja gaiden has in getting in?
Don't worry this isn't off topic. Anyway it's been brought up before, he's basically a sleeper 3rd party newcomer.

He's not really requested due to often being forgotten about but his chances are better then most 3rd party newcomers.

Mostly due to his history with Nintendo, Team Ninja and Nintendo in recent years (such as DoA 3DS and Metroid OM), and many of his upcoming games are coming out on Nintendo systems.

Personally I see him as the 2nd most likely 3rd party newcomer after MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom