• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sadly, this makes a lot of sense. :(

I know I'd be glad to see Ryu... But that's nothing compared to the utmost JOY I would feel if Megaman would make it in. :D

Besides.... Megaman music >>>> Street Fighter music.
Well I'm about to ask this question over at Capcom Unity. We shall see what will happen...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Your taste in Sonic games is surprisingly good, though.

I only differ in SA2, the rest, I'm 100% with ya.
Idk if this was directed at me. Oh yeah, I keep telling people. Sonic 06 is one big glitch it's not a game, stop calling it that LOL. The tech demo and trailer at E3 is better than the glitch known as Sonic 06. I'm about to start calling that game Sonic o glitch.

Is it wrong that I greatly prefer that design to Sonic than the modern one?

Also, I wonder if most Smash fans would be okay if Mega Man were the only third-party newcomer? There really is no one else left that would have the potential to gain the mass appeal among the Smash fanbase that Sonic and Mega Man got.
I'm neutral on the design. I can't choose between classic or SA2 Sonic because SA2 Sonic's running animation was amazing.

On third party. Bring in Ryu if they can and I'm good.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Even though Ryu is more profitable, Megaman's inclusion will ultimetly depend on popularity and demand, and while profit is important I don't think Sakurai will look at it from his side, rather Capcom would probably do so.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Your taste in Sonic games is surprisingly good, though.

I only differ in SA2, the rest, I'm 100% with ya.

... Why would you want Sonic to leave then? We don't need to be reminded of the awful games. When I play him in Brawl, I'm not thinking of Sonic 06 (which he more or less is based off) I think of all the good games I played.
Well Sonic fan-base is filled with evil soulless crazy robots...(there are some sane people who appreciate sonic but they are outnumbered by those crazy people). and I don't want this kind of people to be part of our humble Nintendo-ish fan-base imagine them outnumbering us SSB fans and than alot of requests come from them by being the majority they will have something from sakurai like putting more Sonic unholy characters...and if he is gonna stay he better be in his old design...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... Capcom's decision to remove Megaman from MvC3 have starved fans of the game and Megaman fans as well, so I think there will be demand for Megaman... Now more than ever if my theory is correct.

OmegaXXII

Nope, IMO this is the best design:

Have you seen how classic Sonic looks in Generations? He can't compare to Super Sonic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well... Capcom's decision to remove Megaman from MvC3 have starved fans of the game and Megaman fans as well, so I think there will be demand for Megaman... Now more than ever if my theory is correct.
You're saying that as if Megaman was in MvC3 at one point to begin with.

OmegaXXII

Was Megaman once considered in MvC3?

Where did Capcom go wrong!!?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well the question has been asked. Don't know if I will get a response as it might interfere with potential future promotional plans. Still, we will see. May make for some heated discussion between Ryu and Megaman.

Ryu is the most boring addition I can think of, boy I'd hate to see him. Heck, Cloud would even be more interesting then him... At least I'm playing a Final Fantasy now so I can actually have some history to look back too...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Nope, IMO this is the best design:

Have you seen how classic Sonic looks in Generations? He can't compare to Super Sonic.

No way man this design is way out of like and classic sonic is based on the worst classic sonic design because those idiots on Sega think when we say classic we say Sonic the Hedgehog.1 and it's not compared to it's sequel and Sonic design was becoming better and better until this abomination came...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You're saying that as if Megaman was in MvC3 at one point to begin with.

Guys, guys... MVC1 and MVC2. Why in the name of all that's reasonable would you NOT expect a character that was in the first two games to appear in the 3rd?

But I guess I've been too exposed to Super Smash Bros. to have this logic.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I liked SA and SA2. Heroes could have been a lot better had they given each team their own levels instead of just taking the same ones and revamping them to fit the difficulty level. Shadow's spinoff was absolute crap (seriously, giving him guns was probably the worst idea ever), and Sonic 06 is just what Iblis called it; one big glitch, not to mention the whole thing between Sonic and a human was just eeuuuugh. I stopped playing Sonic games after that. As far as I know, they keep on tacking a bunch of unnecessary characters.

Sonic Rush 1 was fun though, but I didn't play the sequel.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
..........boring..............generic...........You guys know Ryu is a character based off a real person. You should look him up he is far from boring or generic.

I was hoping whoever made Shadow the Hedgehog got personally shot by Shadow. Shadow is favorite character but that game was bull****.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is that site the equivalent of Smash?

But yea, Ryu seems boring and generic by design, at least Megaman has potentially alot to go by.

We all know that Ryu's story will be like.:awesome:

"It was great meeting such strong opponents, but my way of life drives me to seek new stronger opponents... " (AKA, see you next crossover).

Megaman on the other hand, would have a good backstory to go by. :D

Wait... I'm taking for certain that we'll be getting a story mode for each character. :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't really want much of a story mode, the SSE was pretty bad. There was no explanation behind why they were all on the same planet, and I have asperger's so everything being in body language made me want to stab a grandma.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Guys, guys... MVC1 and MVC2. Why in the name of all that's reasonable would you NOT expect a character that was in the first two games to appear in the 3rd?

But I guess I've been too exposed to Super Smash Bros. to have this logic.
Did you ever play Tekken 3? A lot of the characters from the first two games skipped out on that game and didn't show up until Tekken 4 (we're still waiting on Jun in a main game).

Can someone show me a Megaman moveset consisting of stuff HE HIMSELF can do, and not made up of individual robot master powerups?

OmegaXXII

..........boring..............generic...........You guys know Ryu is a character based off a real person. You should look him up he is far from boring or generic.
U mad?

Seriously though, he doesn't even have a good storyline to come by, sure is shoryuken is awesome but as a character he lacks a a storyline outside of "fighting new opponents"

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
hey i just thought of something, remember those files of the forbidden 7 in brawls files. since they are starting off with brawl as a base, then we might get the newcomers in the forbidden 7, plusle and minum, dixie, toon zelda, tetra..... with these files all ready there, sakurai might want to finish them for smash 4. :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't it that guy that killed some bulls with his bare hands?

Let him be in Sm4sh.

No wait, he wasn't based on Bruce Lee, so he can't be the strongest.

Bruce Lee for Sm4sh.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
hey i just thought of something, remember those files of the forbidden 7 in brawls files. since they are starting off with brawl as a base, then we might get the newcomers in the forbidden 7, plusle and minum, dixie, toon zelda, tetra..... with these files all ready there, sakurai might want to finish them for smash 4. :)
Nah these characters missed their chance....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Did you ever play Tekken 3? A lot of the characters from the first two games skipped out on that game and didn't show up until Tekken 4 (we're still waiting on Jun in a main game).

Can someone show me a Megaman moveset consisting of stuff HE HIMSELF can do, and not made up of individual robot master powerups?

1.- I never played Tekken (only 1 and 2 on a Kay Bee Toys a long time ago)

2.-

Specials:

B: Buster Shot (chargeable)
B>: Copied attack (if you've KOd an opponent) / Rocket Arm (Megaman V Game Boy)
Bv: Rush Coil
B^: Rush Jet

Smash Attacks:

Smash >: Power Suit Punch
Smash ^: Shoryuuken-like punch from MVC1/2
Smash v: Power Slide (Megaman 3-8, and MVC1/2)

Final Smash: Power + Jet suit fusion. or Hyper Megaman from MvC1/2.

Just to bring up an improvised moveset. I could go on. As a fan of classic Megaman, I'd take this challenge all the way.

There are still things like:

-BEAT
-Tango
-Protoman's shield (given to him in Megaman 7)
-The Power Platform upgrade thing from Megaman 1)
-The Items 1, 2, and 3 from Megaman 2.
-The Soccer Ball from Megaman 8.

There's a LOT to work with for Megaman. There's just too much. And his two variations of the Charged Mega Buster (MM4 and MM5 version are somewhat different).

Another Final Smash idea:

Rush Jet + Eddy + Beat Air Combo. (In Megaman 8, these people formed a team to become the ultimate Aerial weapon).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ryu's Bio. It's the reason I don't agree with him being generic anymore. Read it and you'll have your mind changed too most likely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1.- I never played Tekken (only 1 and 2 on a Kay Bee Toys a long time ago)
I recall playing Tekken 2 at a CompUSA years ago before my uncle borrowed it from a friend. I played Jun back then because I typically pick female characters.

Just to bring up an improvised moveset. I could go on. As a fan of classic Megaman, I'd take this challenge all the way.
Ok, here's my challenge.

1. Describe in good detail each move, what it does, and what's it for. Damage and knockback info beyond general terms is not necessary. Pictures/sprites/video samples are acceptable.
2. For your Final Smash, you must create two versions. You must create a balanced one similar to other fighting games and then one that is broken like the ones in Brawl.
3. You must define the character's playstyle and make sure that the specials give players an idea how the character is supposed to be played.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I recall playing Tekken 2 at a CompUSA years ago before my uncle borrowed it from a friend. I played Jun back then because I typically pick female characters.

Ok, here's my challenge.

1. Describe in good detail each move, what it does, and what's it for. Damage and knockback info beyond general terms is not necessary. Pictures/sprites/video samples are acceptable.
2. For your Final Smash, you must create two versions. You must create a balanced one similar to other fighting games and then one that is broken like the ones in Brawl.
3. You must define the character's playstyle and make sure that the specials give players an idea how the character is supposed to be played.

Oh my... That's one heck of a challenge... And I mean that because even for characters I'm rooting for the most, I don't usually go to such extents...

But I guess you're on. It might take a while though, if you want percentages, effects, knockback, etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, you don't need to put in percentages and anything specific. You remember the Krystal movelist I made, right? Use that as a base.

Morveux

Smash Cadet
I have a question : could anyone here make a believable moveset for Palutena ? I can't see what she could do before, maybe we should wait for Uprising realse.. Sakurai might have ideas about her.. However, I see her as the Kid Icarus's Zelda, so I guess we can do great things with her, starting with her bow and the fact that she is the Godess of Light.
Any ideas ? :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes he is. Ryu is the epitome of a boring character, this coming from a guy who actively plays Street Fighter and the Vs series. Half of the people who play as Ryu is not because they actually like the character. So yeah a robot with different power up and abilities versus what would amount to Mario (in the Smash Bros universe) with a kimono? I'll take Megaman.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We'll have to agree to disagree. I play Ryu because of the character :-/
Well that is good for you, most people I know just spam Hadokens.

Never thought this would happen, but... I'd... I'd actually rather have Cloud over Ryu...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have a question : could anyone here make a believable moveset for Palutena ? I can't see what she could do before, maybe we should wait for Uprising realse.. Sakurai might have ideas about her.. However, I see her as the Kid Icarus's Zelda, so I guess we can do great things with her, starting with her bow and the fact that she is the Godess of Light.
Any ideas ? :)
Palutena is a pretty boring character that, as far as I know, has Pit do all her work for her. I'm not sure why people would want her over Medusa. :/ (Though I'd say neither one is very likely to begin with)

Pretty lousy for a goddess, too. Can only grant 5 minutes of flight? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom