• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
So... what do you think of my current idea that came all of the sudden of having other human Pokemon characters using up to 6 pokemon max, so more Pokemon appear playable in the Smash games?
More than 3 is a bit excessive and honestly a bit of a nightmare in the field of battle. Do you really want to switch between that many Pokemon? They'd have to at least change the method of switching if they did that because I want to be able to select exactly the Pokemon I want to play as rather than shuffle through them one after another to get to the one I want to play with.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Even if Diddy and Dixie weren't a team(i'd be fine either way personally) I would love to see Dixie in SSB4
I think she's unique enough to be her own character. I wouldn't be heartbroken if she wasn't in. But I think if she's unique to be her own character, why put her on a team with another character unique enough to be his own character. The only thing is will DK get 4 reps.

The only way I seeing Diddy and Dixie together is if it's like a tag team, but even so, that is only done in one game. Diddy is actually with DK more than he is with Dixie. That's why I don't think Dixie should be paired

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It has to do how the japanese tend to "over-westernize" things. Honestly, I don't know how to explain it, but we have seen it.

Like take for example Saint Seiya. Based on greek mythos, yet it feels so japanese.

Rose of Versalies is a story taking place in France, with french characters; yet it feels so japanese...

Also, you guys should see the Dragon Quest tv ads for Japan. They use western actors, to "make it feel right" that at times I forget I am looking at something japanese produced.
I don't know, Dragon Quest feels more authentic to me. It has its moments where there it jumps the shark a little. But it does capture that European feel better than other titles I've played.

TBone06

Smash Ace
More than 3 is a bit excessive and honestly a bit of a nightmare in the field of battle. Do you really want to switch between that many Pokemon? They'd have to at least change the method of switching if they did that because I want to be able to select exactly the Pokemon I want to play as rather than shuffle through them one after another to get to the one I want to play with.
The only thing I can see is if you had the 6, and were able to pick 3 of them in the menu screen. Similar to Pokemon Stadium where you have 6 pokemon and only use 3, but you get to pick the 3. I like 3, it's a solid number, but if it were implemented where there could be more than 3, I think that'd be a unique way of doing it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Death Note Doesn't suck, it's just a tad too dark for me. Although i loved Code Geass(WHY DID EUPHY AND SHIRLEY HAVE TO DIE!!!!???? EVEN IF I KNOW THE REASON IT STILL HURTS!!!)

Ok, Terranigma is the story of a young boy who accidentally freezes his village and everyone in it by going down a place he shouldn't have. In doing so he opens up a door in to his world. Going out and defeating the boss/es of the 5 castles, he begins ressurructing a new world(our world, with a new continent/are revived each tower). Going back to his restored village the leader tells him not all is well(he was the only one who wasn't frozen btw, and was the first one to warn the kid not to go into the cellar which sparked these events. Down in the cellar he finds this magical being which ends up helping him throughout the game and is a constant companion), and he needs to FULLY ressurrect this world he's re-created. Going down to the earth he slowly ressurrects plants and animals antil he finally ressurrects humans, and then he starts seeing Elle, his love from the village, in this new world. Won't spoil the ending tho.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Say what you will about Pokemon Trainer. It was my favorite character inclusion alongside Sonic.

There were pretty much no 1st gen pokeballs in Brawl, and they made up for it with a 4-in-1 character from the 1st gen.

I know the playable cast is mostly 1st gen but it was always meant to be that way, since Pikachu and Jigglypuff came first together. I never use Lucario for example, and I'm sure I'll never give Zoroark a second look either. Not because I hate them, just because they're not appealing/interesting to me. :p

It's great to have either around, but they're one of those bench characters which I'm glad were included anyway.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
The only thing I can see is if you had the 6, and were able to pick 3 of them in the menu screen. Similar to Pokemon Stadium where you have 6 pokemon and only use 3, but you get to pick the 3. I like 3, it's a solid number, but if it were implemented where there could be more than 3, I think that'd be a unique way of doing it.
That I could get behind. Being able to pick from a number of Pokemon rather than just 3 would be really cool but they couldn't go crazy with it or it would take up too many playable characters.

TBone06

Smash Ace
That I could get behind. Being able to pick from a number of Pokemon rather than just 3 would be really cool but they couldn't go crazy with it or it would take up too many playable characters.
Yeah exactly. But if they were going to implement a way to increase it by 3, that's the only way I can see it working, otherwise it'd take ages to switch. But I think 3 is a good number

Reyairia

Smash Champion
To be honest I think adding another Pokemon Trainer would make the first one less unique. That's why I'm against Diddy and Dixie as a team because I think it would take away from the Ice Climbers. But I think having more than one PT would ruin it.
Eh, I think that's subjective.
I don't have anything against PT, and I think introducing more of them would be a good idea; that way we can have a lot of different pokemon while only occupying a few slots. Win-win situation.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, why not draw directly from Mario Kart 64 and make it the spiky shell(and i've heard the whole thing before:they aren't the same thing)

Btw Shortiecanbrawl i edited my post before(the one on death note) to include the story line on terranigma if you want to see.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I agree with Diddy and Dixie as a team. Yet some want for her to be a team with Kiddy.

Well it might be a mess, but if they get up to 6 Pokemon, more fan favorites get to be playable, still despite my idea, it was something very improvised plus I prefer the one where human pokemon characters should fight themselves, specially if they have some talent.

Morveux

Smash Cadet
NintenDoll

She has a Wiimote in her hand (her smashes) and uses her cable to grap the ennemy like a cowgirl (her hold).

NEUTRAL B : DS Daggers
NintenDoll uses DS stylus. She throws them like Sheik. *Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta !*

FORWARD B : NES Boomerang
NintenDoll throws a NES gamepad as if it was a boomerang. *BAM!*

DOWN B : SNES Skateboard
NintenDoll jumps on her SNES gamepad and can fly a little bit above the ground. She can hit the ennemy. Press Down B to get out the skateboard.

UP B : No Battery
NintenDoll uses the cable on her head to recover, just like ZSS do. *shlack*

FINAL SMASH : Augmented Reality
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22400000/Drawn-AR-card-for-3DS-nintendo-22436007-400-240.jpg
That guy arrive on the battlefied and do something impressive. I know, he is not really famous for the moment, but i'm sure i'll become a huge mascot on the future. Maybe. Maybe not.

So ? :bee:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I don't have anything against PT, and I think introducing more of them would be a good idea; that way we can have a lot of different pokemon while only occupying a few slots. Win-win situation.
The only way I could back up a second PT is if the 3 Pokemon chosen were so different from the others that it makes it feel like a complete different character. However if a second one was added, you're assuming that they will be pushing 10 playable Pokemon. 3 from each PT, Pikachu, Jiggs, possibly Lucario, possibly Mewtwo, possibly a new rep. That would be a lot. And I play as the Pokemon Trainer, so it's not like I hate the idea in the first place. I think one is all you need. Would I complain if they added a second? No, but I don't think it's necessary.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Luco
Yeah i remember that game. Wikipedia explained it terribly. I thought it was this weird anime religious thing about how the world was born. Anyways, the character art is hard to find, but from what you've said, do you think a level or an item would be better?

I was leaning more towards a level.

Speaking of obscure games, I got Tingle's Balloon Fight in the mail yesterday. Pretty freakin' awesome. I'm definitely a Tingle supporter.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uh oh chris, i sense a rant coming, and i don't like it one bit... Get off the poor kid's back, will you?

Btw Shortie, yeah, i think a level would be really cool. Let me think.... They should have Lauren!

Lauren is the obscure town in the Gobi desert which has people that manifest into Zombies at night, so this stage would have to have a night, with zombies walking around and damage those they hit, G&W stage in brawl style, except you don't even need to hit them. Of course you'd need a seperate platform to get away from them...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Speaking of obscure games, I got Tingle's Balloon Fight in the mail yesterday. Pretty freakin' awesome. I'm definitely a Tingle supporter.
Weren't they supposed to be Japan/Europe only though?
I'd really like to play one of his games but I live in United States of Insecure Sexuality.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
The only way I could back up a second PT is if the 3 Pokemon chosen were so different from the others that it makes it feel like a complete different character. However if a second one was added, you're assuming that they will be pushing 10 playable Pokemon. 3 from each PT, Pikachu, Jiggs, possibly Lucario, possibly Mewtwo, possibly a new rep. That would be a lot. And I play as the Pokemon Trainer, so it's not like I hate the idea in the first place. I think one is all you need. Would I complain if they added a second? No, but I don't think it's necessary.
Not all Pokemon Gym leaders and similar would have the 6 Pokemon. Heck! One could have only 2!

Oh and I also want Tingle in, and maybe he would represent himself just as Yoshi and Wario do; instead of being linked to Zelda. (Sorry for that pun, it was not intentional I swear).

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
The concept of giving you more than 3 to select from for your team is implemented they could keep to just one trainer on the selection screen but that one trainer could have multiple skins based on the male and female protagonist designs for Pokemon and maybe some other notable Pokemon franchise characters. Since Pokemon Trainer is just there in the back ground it hardly seems worth while to use up more slots on the selection screen to include more trainer designs.

If they don't let you select your team then 1 more would be fine by me. Again with more than 1 skin and not just color changes.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
What if PT wasn't so much in the background but was closer to the fore-screen?
I'd like to be able to see the Trainer better but ultimately that's nothing more than a visual change unless the Trainer can attack as well and I'd be interested in seeing that happen. Someone fighting with their Pokemon would at least be a unique concept.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
PT reminds me of someone else's idea, that if Little Mac gets in. He should have Doc in the background, giving advice to Mac.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And make it harder for the players? Perfect! Or, you could make it so he could be damaged as well... That could really get interesting, with a chance of the pokemon getting confused if he gets knocked off the screen? No wait, that would just leave everyone going for PT, wouldn't it? But still, there's an idea somewhere in there....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmmm.... Can't really say, but it's possible, although i don't really know what he'd do.

Bad news, gotta go, but i'll try to jump on the forums whenever i can. Oh, and remember, i'm open for brawls on weekends if anyone happens to want to have some fun ^^

Cya!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Weren't they supposed to be Japan/Europe only though?
I'd really like to play one of his games
No it was released in Japan, and was available to that rewards system Nintendo has set up. Club Nintendo I think that's what it was called.

Tingle's Rupeeland was a EU/JP release. I didn't buy that game because it looks strange. (the gameplay)

but I live in United States of Insecure Sexuality.
You're preachin' to the chior.

@Luco

I too am getting off soon, bring up your idea again tomorrow?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Be summoned to attack, but if he gets attacked instead, he will receive damage.
Yeah they could do that but it makes a bit more sense for the trainer to summon the Pokemon to do an attack like Yugi summons monsters from cards for his attacks in Jump Super Stars.

They should probably stick to having Pokemon Trainer function the same as in Brawl rather than do that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom