• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
D

Deleted member

As I said before, although unlikely, I would prefer no cuts whatsoever. Even thought I have no problem with Lucas or Toon Link going, I think everyone should stay. I would much rather have only ten good newcomers then twenty newcomers and ten cuts.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing SSE again today, and came upon the part where you play as PT and have to hunt down the other pokemon for team.

And I think it'd be so badass if they had a mode like that( I guess like SSE/adventure) where eventually you meet different pokemon and Assist trophies, and they appear as mini bosses and you must fight and defeat them in order to gain them as items to use in battle to aid you.
Dunno, think it'd be an amazing concept.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not again man....this getting obnoxious to see lists...I recommend everyone to represent characters with move-sets and reasons "Why would he be included ?"or "Why is he coming back ?" please just elaborate. This post will get us in an unending maze of non-necessary arguments.
Agreed. As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, this place is going to be flooded with lists once a trailer comes out in about 11 months so, as veterans of this thread, it would be a good idea to not fall into the same habit.

OmegaXXII

Okay guys! Here's my quick Lip-moveset. I mark origins and references as "O".

Lip

Bio: From Nintendo's long-running puzzle series Panel De Pon, known as Puzzle League outside of Japan, Lip is Fairy Of Flowers, who appears as the main mascot of the series.

Back in the peaceful days when she lived in her homeland Popples, the Devil King Thanatos had casted a spell all over the Popples's kingdom, affecting the residents of the land and causing fighting amongst the fairies. Lip was luckily unaffected due to her magic stick.
Lip then had to defeat each of her fairy friends to return their personalities to normal, by facing off them in fairies' favorite game called Panepon. After breaking every spell from her friends, she proceeded to face off against Thanatos.

Lip hasn't much appeared these days aside from things referring to her in SSB but she made a secret appearance in Planet Puzzle League. Recently she's also been found having developed role in Skip's action adventure game Captain Rainbow.

Personality-wise she's optimistic and little tomboyish: she has very good confidence on herself. This might be little problematic for her: despite her confidence she's not sure of herself and her destiny as a new queen.As seen from her appearances The Fairy Of Flowers has a lot of charm.

Appearances:
Panel De Pon (1994)
Planet Puzzle League (2007)
Captain Rainbow (2008)

Statistics:

Size: 4/10 (Her size is slighly same as Diddy's.)
Power: 4/10
Speed:5/10
Jump:8/10

- Overview -

- Lip's primary weapon is her flower magic which utilisizes flowers and other natural plantlife as it's inspiration. For stronger attacks, she uses her stick.
Shortly she'll be a mix of Ivysaur and Zelda, except replacing leaf powers with flower magic.

-She's very light, considering she's a fairy: in fact, she can actually "skip" on the air three times. This gives her 3 midair jumps.

-Along the battle, Lip tends to emit and drop flower petals to the ground, much like Pit losing his feathers. This also happens when she's knocked far away.

Character Animations

Entrance: Rainbow comes from the other side of the screen. Lip runs down from it, jumps off to the stage and quickly opens her stick raised, saying "Ikuso!" while looking at the camera. This then switches to her idle animation.

Stance: she rocks her body carefreely, while smiling. Surely, the Smash World isn't a stressful place for a fairy which has competed in her own puzzle game.

O:See her sprite in Vs Mode of PDP. This is also referred to her usual stance when you talk to her in Captain Rainbow.

Idle Animations:

- After some she'll hop up from the ground and starts to float for few seconds.To give you the idea, she's attempting to float like Mewtwo from Melee.

After two seconds when she confidently tries to keep herself on the air, she suddenly loses control and falls down clumsily. Lip quickly gets up back to her usual stance.

O: Her floatiness is inspired by how she tends to make funny flips and stances occasionally in Captain Rainbow, somewhat.

- Occassionally she'll groom herself, but suddenly she sees how flowers start to grow around her. She crouches down and looks at them. Then she hugs them. Aww.

Special Moves

B: Fairy Seed

Lip throws out a colored seed. (These come in six colors, red, green, cyan, violet and blue) If it latches on an opponent, they're "marked", as the seed stays on them. Pressing B again makes her throw another same-colored seed. Lip can latch three seeds on her enemies, though the opponent can be shake off the seeds.

The catch here though is not to throw seeds on the opponents only. If the opponent is "seeded" and Lip presses B while near him, she starts to bat the opponent tactically with her stick, dealing quick damage. The seeds grow by every hit of the stick, in three phases: it starts from Lip's thrown seed, becomes a sprout, then stem, and finally blooms into a flower.
If Lip hits the flower, it explodes, which has decent to semi-high knockback, depending on the how man seeds yóu've planted on your enemy, or the seeds' type.
The more seeds you've planted, the more longer you can continue your attack, Lip grows only one seed at time (shortly it means if you planted two seeds, you can attack six times.

Different kind of seeds (and thus flowers) do different kind of status effects while attacking. ( I take these from .joel now from MYM 3)

1.Green Seed. (Represents Green Circle Block from PDP, appears 40% of the time) No status effect, flower is something ordinary. damage: 2% per hit, no knockback.

2. Yellow Seed (Represents Yellow Star Block from PDP, appears 40% of the time) - Flower might be a daisy or a sunflower? Spark element, 2-3%. per hit.

3. Red Seed (Red Heart Block, appears 30% of the time) Fiery, effect, would be fiery flower, to codify this we might put in a Fire Flower as the growing flower. 4-6% per hit.

4.Purple Seed (Purple Diamond Block, appears 20% of the time) - Dark element, poisons, damage: 8-9 per knockback.
A poisoned, or disturbing-looking flower.

5. Cyan Seed (Cyan Triangle Block, appears 10% of the time), Icy effect, 10%-12% per hit. Enemies are frozen for quick period if the flower is exploded. A shardy flower.

6. Blue Seed (Blue Upside Down Triangle, appears 10% of the time), 13%-15 per hit, fiery explosion occurs if you explode the flower, with a huge knockback.

The effective way to use this, is to throw in decent amounts of seed depending on your skill. You must also press the button quickly to deal the damage and carry the combo to the end.

When you hit the enemy with a seed on it, a combo marker (from PDP) shows your current hits as the combo. Say, if you land six hits (by planting two seeds on your enemy), you get a 6x combo with a fanfare.

O: I had to think a for a long time until I came up with an unique way to give her a great alternative that translates the combo system of Panel De Pon, while keeping her incharacter and making use of her powers. This took me sometime to write out thoughtfully.

Side B: Quick Swap

Lip waves her wand quickly, and suddenly, a luminent dome-like lines making a shape of "cursor" from Puzzle League-games appears around Lip and in front of her, and quickly ( swaps the position of Lip and her target. Can be used on one opponent or projectiles.This is usable as a counter attack or dodge maneuver similar to Mario's Cape, as well potential projectile reflector. This won't deal any damage though.

Up B: Watabou

The floating, fluffy balloon-like creature in which Lip is holding on in title screen for Panel de Pon appears to aid Lip. When you do Up-B, Watabou appears from underneath Lip and she holds it, while drifting upward signifantly. Watabou though can't carry Lip long: it acts like a cotton flower, which is first taken with a windy breeze, then losing it after a moment, so it has to descend on the ground.

When used on the ground, Lip is does the same, but the enemies near her are damaged by Watabou rapidily (like in Peach's Parasol) and at the top height of attack's range, the creature explodes into fluff of cotton! This deals decent knockback (This is intended to refer at Dr.Mario's Super Jump Punch.)

Down B: Garbage Block:

This is a chargaeble attack. Lip builds in magical power (which can be charged 4 seconds), and when you release the button, she shouts "Ikuso! while waving her stick.
Suddenly her garbage block will rain down on front of her. Lip takes a second to do this attack and then become controllable again.

A regular, small block does 15% damage. However, Lip can summon bigger, and if being lucky (20-10% prosent at time), multiple junk blocks as she gets more damaged.These will from 16 to 24% damage.

Final Smash: Walk On Rainbow

(I hugely recommend that you take a look at the origin of this move below, so you'll understand more how this move works like.)

Lip will create a rainbow above her, (about a width of that of Battlefield) which goes above the stage. She'll then run on top of it.

Now you get a another screen which lets you play Puzzle League! Score combos and chains!

After seven-second play. Lip will unleash a huge flower spell that spreads across the stage, the range depends on your score. Everyone gets a flower on their head, which deals a lot of rapidfire damage. The flowers are hard to remove. Along with it Lip fills the stage in flowers of all kind as a temporary decoration.
When the FS is done, Lip can as well as knock out her opponents out.

To give this move a catch so it will not be overpowered, her attack isn't very effective if it's used on the ground, because the range of flower spell will be quite small, even if you score very well done chains and combos. Her flower spell gets more range the more she's above the ground. So try use this at much high as you can! That will ensure your success.

O: I'm kinda dumbfounded by the fact that everyone thinks her final smash should consist her using panels and junk block to attack her opponent.

But in Captain Rainbow she was able to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIF9CrA2Rg&feature=player_detailpage#t=304s

IMO this kind of magic spell as her final smash is more incharacter for her, besides Lip has always ran on rainbows during PDP: this has been referred on Captain Rainbow where she has a drawing on her room depicting herself on a rainbow.

Taunts:

- Lip throws her fist in the air and says "Yatta!" (Might be localised as I did it/Yeah!)

O: Refers to her sprite from her stage in PDP when in one-player.

-Lip takes a flower and smells it. Suddenly she makes a powerful sneeze, blowing off the petals of that poor flower.
The sneeze can push her opponents a bit.

O: According to Captain Rainbow she has developed an allergy for flowers. This would make her humorous, seeing as she's ironically a Fairy of Flowers.*

- Lip floats up, while enveloped by gust that spins around her while carrying petals around.

O: Might be inspired by Lip's backdrop art from PDP which also had petals flying around her.

Everything there is to know about Lip, I highly support, due to this.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you wanna go by the fact we are talking about Fire Emblem and none of the Fire Emblem characters became untrue to their game (even Roy)....and BTW If a game involve fighting...why would Sakurai create a whole new moveset and if you want a Lance character that plays on foot...look no further....

Presenting Ephraim

Pros :

-He is one of the two main lords in the game.

-He has a great skill using Lance.

-He is the first canon character to use Lance on foot (before promotion).

Cons :

-His game is quite old.

-No sequel.

-The game wasn't received well.

Animated Pictures:

Heh, I remember supporting Ephraim for Brawl. Everyone else went with Ike, Hector, Lyn, Eliwood. Not me, I supported my boy Ephraim. In my opinion he is the most under rated Fire Emblem lord. :(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Suicune

Suicune is one of the most iconic legendary Pokemon. It has spurred a movie, and even it’s own spot as #1 legendary in Pokemon Crystal. She is one of the handful of Pokemon in HG/SS who has their own storyline and plot that at it’s climax leads you into a dramatic battle. For the reasons above, I see Suicune as a forerunner of the Second Generation.

Speed: Close to the speed of Peach

Strength: Weaker than average.

Jump: Similar to Ganon’s in Melee

Type of Attacks: Her moves have are made up of half closer range, while other half have varying lengths (About as long as Mewtwo’s tail bair)
Her Moveset:

Suicune’s moveset will really focus on utilizing Mist’s special effects, and ledge guarding. I was planning on going all out, but I think you get an Idea of how her moves will work themselves into a playstyle.

USmash – Tailwind sends a gust of wind that lift’s Suicune into the air. She can be lifted straight up, slightly to the left, or the right. When this move is used and an enemy is near they will be pushed back by the uplifting wind.

Smash – Mist can be used up in three different spots on the field. Each spot is about the size of one and a half Bowsers. Mist’s effect will make those spots slippery to opponents, as well as strengthen any sort of Water/Ice type moves. If the opponent is hit with Hydro pump, or by the gust coming from tailwind, the “Iced ground will send the opponent sliding backwards. Blizzard will have a freezing effect that last’s longer.

Mist’s goal: With Blizzard, the longer your opponent is frozen, the more time you have to rack up his %. With Hydro pump your opponent will slide (possibly off the ledge) where you can use Dsmash or tailwind to keep them from recovering.

FSmash - Hydro Pump is a simple power move. Suicune lacks strength behind her attacks, so this move is her saving grace. A forward blast of water hits your opponent, pretty simple. The move has decent knockback.

DSmash – Blizzard another simple move, your opponent becomes frozen. It works in air as well as on ground.

Other significant moves:
Fair: Suicune swipes her paw, with water surrounding it. After using this, the left over water drops, acting as either a weak attack for opponents on the ground., or a “mini footstool” for aerial opponents that pushes them slightly lower. If the opponent is low enough, they could miss their chance to recover.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Heh, I remember supporting Ephraim for Brawl. Everyone else went with Ike, Hector, Lyn, Eliwood. Not me, I supported my boy Ephraim. In my opinion he is the most under rated Fire Emblem lord. :(
I liked Eliwood the most when I played Fire Emblem on the Gameboy, but when it came down to picking my realistic characters for brawl Ephraim pulled through. He would have been soo much more original as a character. I think his chances for SSB4 are pretty slim though. :(

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Suicune

Suicune is one of the most iconic legendary Pokemon. It has spurred a movie, and even it’s own spot as #1 legendary in Pokemon Crystal. She is one of the handful of Pokemon in HG/SS who has their own storyline and plot that at it’s climax leads you into a dramatic battle. For the reasons above, I see Suicune as a forerunner of the Second Generation.

Speed: Close to the speed of Peach

Strength: Weaker than average.

Jump: Similar to Ganon’s in Melee

Type of Attacks: Her moves have are made up of half closer range, while other half have varying lengths (About as long as Mewtwo’s tail bair)
Her Moveset:

Suicune’s moveset will really focus on utilizing Mist’s special effects, and ledge guarding. I was planning on going all out, but I think you get an Idea of how her moves will work themselves into a playstyle.

USmash – Tailwind sends a gust of wind that lift’s Suicune into the air. She can be lifted straight up, slightly to the left, or the right. When this move is used and an enemy is near they will be pushed back by the uplifting wind.

Smash – Mist can be used up in three different spots on the field. Each spot is about the size of one and a half Bowsers. Mist’s effect will make those spots slippery to opponents, as well as strengthen any sort of Water/Ice type moves. If the opponent is hit with Hydro pump, or by the gust coming from tailwind, the “Iced ground will send the opponent sliding backwards. Blizzard will have a freezing effect that last’s longer.

Mist’s goal: With Blizzard, the longer your opponent is frozen, the more time you have to rack up his %. With Hydro pump your opponent will slide (possibly off the ledge) where you can use Dsmash or tailwind to keep them from recovering.

FSmash - Hydro Pump is a simple power move. Suicune lacks strength behind her attacks, so this move is her saving grace. A forward blast of water hits your opponent, pretty simple. The move has decent knockback.

DSmash – Blizzard another simple move, your opponent becomes frozen. It works in air as well as on ground.

Other significant moves:
Fair: Suicune swipes her paw, with water surrounding it. After using this, the left over water drops, acting as either a weak attack for opponents on the ground., or a “mini footstool” for aerial opponents that pushes them slightly lower. If the opponent is low enough, they could miss their chance to recover.
I'm impressed of how much you worked on this but let me tell you one thing....crystal will be hard to balance...and it's Genderless so please don't specify it as she cause that is quite unprofessional.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I liked Eliwood the most when I played Fire Emblem on the Gameboy, but when it came down to picking my realistic characters for brawl Ephraim pulled through. He would have been soo much more original as a character. I think his chances for SSB4 are pretty slim though. :(
Infact I'm playing Sacred Stone today and see how awesome Ephraim is ...but I'm an Ike rooter and I'll always be.

As I said before, although unlikely, I would prefer no cuts whatsoever. Even thought I have no problem with Lucas or Toon Link going, I think everyone should stay. I would much rather have only ten good newcomers then twenty newcomers and ten cuts.
It is best if everyone stays.

Most of us are afraid of some characters leaving. I hope Toon Link isn't leaving. I love how his moveset and childishness makes him interesting.

Movesets:
- You might say it's too unique but it's a great moveset for Jr. (By Bkupa)

Ikesama, you keep double posting.

OmegaXXII

Stage Idea :

Awesome Idea for a fire emblem stage.
Imagine playing in this field where you get these cats and birds all over and some time there is a soldier coming from no where just to stap you. A War field. :D

I love this idea, I guess they could it would sort of look like battlefeild in Brawl with the Phoenicis and Laguz wageing war agaisnt the Ravens.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
It is best if everyone stays.

Most of us are afraid of some characters leaving. I hope Toon Link isn't leaving. I love how his moveset and childishness makes him interesting.
But they should at least update his moveset. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks all have too many unique items that would work great in Smash. It would be a shame to waste that potential. I can just imagine him using a Deku Leaf, Whip, or even a Bombchu.

But they should at least update his moveset. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks all have too many unique items that would work great in Smash. It would be a shame to waste that potential. I can just imagine him using a Deku Leaf, Whip, or even a Bombchu.
I know he needs an update in his moveset.

I'm one of those people who thinks that Toon Link might be replaced with another character but they don't want him to be replaced.

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: I like the move set. I was worried about it being semi-clone, but I'm glad to see that Bowser Jr. can be done in an unique way and this is a good way to demonstrate his potential.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toad should release spores that start sprouting on the opponents head. Than, the roots go into the enemies brain and completely control their actions turning them into a mind controlled zombie. Like the pokemon Parasect

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can't ALL generals (Whatever their unpromoted form is) use lances on foot before promoting, or did I get that wrong?

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to double post

@berserker01: I like the move set. I was worried about it being semi-clone, but I'm glad to see that Bowser Jr. can be done in an unique way and this is a good way to demonstrate his potential.
It was one of the best MYMs I've seen so far. That's why I want this to be Jr's moveset.
Toad should release spores that start sprouting on the opponents head. Than, the roots go into the enemies brain and completely control their actions turning them into a mind controlled zombie. Like the pokemon Parasect
Wait.

Where did you get that idea?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was one of the best MYMs I've seen so far. That's why I want this to be Jr's moveset.

Wait.

Where did you get that idea?
Parasect basically.

It's mind controlled by the mushroom on it's back

It actually happens to real animals

OmegaXXII

Can't ALL generals (Whatever their unpromoted form is) use lances on foot before promoting, or did I get that wrong?

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to double post
Are you talking about FE?

And actually you are correct, but if you're talking about Pegasus Knights they are already unpromoted, when they promote they become Falcon Knights.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But.. But...

Toad isn't realistic in general like Mario D:
See the people of the mushroom kingdom aren't mushrooms. After they are born, the mushroom controller their mother sprinkles spores on the heads of the children. As they grow, so does the mushroom cap and eventually takes them over, turning them into mindless zombies

Are you talking about FE?

And actually you are correct, but if you're talking about Pegasus Knights they are already unpromoted, when they promote they become Falcon Knights.
Yeah I was talking about FE. He said that one lord was the only lance user on foot, but technically all those general guys use lances from the beggining

See the people of the mushroom kingdom aren't mushrooms. After they are born, the mushroom controller their mother sprinkles spores on the heads of the children. As they grow, so does the mushroom cap and eventually takes them over, turning them into mindless zombies

Yeah I was talking about FE. He said that one lord was the only lance user on foot, but technically all those general guys use lances from the beggining
That makes sense.

Lol

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Well generals are merely units in the game....but Ephraim is the main characters.....and I suggested generals

here :

Excuuuuuuuuuuse me ........ Caeda is nothing more than a Lover for Marth nothing more her death mean nothing in the game. you know who have the best chance ? the "My Unit" character from the latest Fire Emblem...the guy from the cover that stand beside Marth....if Ike going to be replaced that guy is the most likely representative.

More infos.
Best part is his death = Game Over....

Another pictures....

Female version :

all his moves are borrowed from all the classes that he turn into....or like Pokemon trainer.....B-down = Class change....3 classes can be represented a Warrior (Axe) or Berserker , Hero (Sword)or a Sword Master and General (Lance). it represent core mechanics of Fire Emblem.

Final Smash = A raid of units

You know what I want.

By just looking at my icon and sig, you know who.

Asides from him, how about Isaac?

If you don't know who I'm talking about:
Toad
Isaac
Saki
K Rool

OmegaXXII

Well in that case...

The Black Knight- Fire Emblem
Wart- Doki Doki
Mewtwo - Pokemon
Giovanni - Pokemon
Medusa - Kid Icarus

I hope this isn't bothering, if you can it would be nice. :)

Oh and also Nathan Drake from Uncharted (Remember that Omega :troll:?)

Nevermind. You don't have to do Isaac, Saki or K Rool if you don't want to.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think I can get a lot of these done in the next couple of minutes. I have a template I created that I work off of that streamlines my process easier. So I'll work on a couple more next.

Will probably do Saki, Medusa, Mewtwo and The Black Knight.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think I can get a lot of these done in the next couple of minutes. I have a template I created that I work off of that streamlines my process easier. So I'll work on a couple more next.

Will probably do Saki, Medusa, Mewtwo and The Black Knight.
That's cool! If you ever get time (Not a big deal if you don't) I suggest making:

Kanan(The Last Story) Caeda, Suicune, and Cassandra(Soul Caliber)

The reason I'm not requesting is because I know how they aren't popular, like at all. Haha.

And I like my pop star stamps. So, yeah. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom