• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like alternate costumes

Wario already got one in the previous game

The problem with alternate costumes is when characters start getting costumes of other characters.

I'd like to point out that Ken was an alternate costume of Ryu street fighter 2.

I vote for "Alternate costume clones" alternate costumes that have their name changed and appear different but keep the same moveset, hitbox, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol i noticed you edited his post with krystal. nice.
;) I'm a sneaky cat.

Shortie actually enjoying social conversation? Haha I caught you with this quote.
Twhat? I love talking to most of you guys. The topic of SSB4 blows hard though.

Speaking of blowing hard. Green Greens. One of the stages SSB can't lose. That, along with a StarFox ship level, and Peach's castle.

I vote for "Alternate costume clones" alternate costumes that have their name changed and appear different but keep the same moveset, hitbox, etc
Fine with me. But the model swaps better not get out of hand. Pichu is one of the only ones I want to see.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nah, how about having the same character with different costumes from it's own games? For example, Mario could have, Raccoon Mario, Dr. Mario.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@Omega:
I'm trying to make it less MvC2, because I keep stealing his attacks for standard attacks.

@Psycho:
Doc for a Mario costume? :O
Yeah, the problem becomes WHICH characters end up as alternate costumes

Luigi could just as well end up as an alternate costume if this method was used in the first game.

It was falsely raise how many characters are in the game though

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'll say it again, Luigi NEEDS to have an alternate costume where he's wearing Peach's dress (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga). Takamaru needs a taunt where he nosebleeds uncontrollably. For some reason they made him shy around women in Captain Rainbow.

Takamaru nosebleeding while seeing Luigi in Peach's dress, mistaking him for a woman, would be the best screenshot ever.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, the problem becomes WHICH characters end up as alternate costumes

Luigi could just as well end up as an alternate costume if this method was used in the first game.

It was falsely raise how many characters are in the game though
How so? Wasn't Luigi in the 1st game though? :/

I am misunderstanding here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How so? Wasn't Luigi in the 1st game though? :/

I am misunderstanding here.

Yeah, I'm just saying they could go overboard and have a character that would have been perfectly unique end up as an alternate costume if they are willing to have different characters as alternate costumes

4 characters are already alternate colors: Blood Falcon, Daisy, Claus and Waluigi (Wario is one too, but he's also in the game)

OmegaXXII

@Oasis: A Luigi with a Daisy Dress?? Is there such a picture, I dare say??

Nah, Mr. L costume would work just as fine.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Takamaru nosebleeding while seeing Luigi in Peach's dress, mistaking him for a woman, would be the best screenshot ever.
Yeah. . . . mistaking.

Petticoating ftw.

Can we have a Roy in Peach's dress as an ALT. costume? You know, cause it would be . . . funny . . .

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I'm just saying they could go overboard and have a character that would have been perfectly unique end up as an alternate costume if they are willing to have different characters as alternate costumes

4 characters are already alternate colors: Blood Falcon, Daisy, Claus and Waluigi (Wario is one too, but he's also in the game)
Well, now I see what you are saying, luckily they haven't gone to overboard with the idea, since Wario still got in Brawl, even though he was a costume in the previous two game, heck he is still an alt costume for Mario.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I dunno, I wouldn't peg Roy as the type.

I think I'm following this correctly. Maybe not.
Don't care. I'm that type.

Were you following?

In all seriousness though, would anyone else enjoy an IC costume where popo has a polar bear outfit and Nana is a fish? :3 I mean, the hoods of their suits would look like those animals. And Popo would have claws :3

OmegaXXII

What like the polar bears from it's game? I guess...

What I'd really like to see is Snake or Ganondork in a latex suit, that would be the most hilarious thing yet!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Were you following?

In all seriousness though, would anyone else enjoy an IC costume where popo has a polar bear outfit and Nana is a fish? :3 I mean, the hoods of their suits would look like those animals. And Popo would have claws :3
SUCH SUBTLETIES.

And that sounds incredibly adorable. Maybe toss a seal and condor one in there for good measure.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

Were you following?

That would be pretty damn cute actually haha or Popo could have the polar bear with the sunglasses and Nana could be that other enemy from Adv mode in Melee (Topi?)

Marth should have the dress lol OR a Lyn model swap damn that would be funny....it'd also satisfy my wanting for Lyn to be in :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SUCH SUBTLETIES.

And that sounds incredibly adorable. Maybe toss a seal and condor one in there for good measure.
Glad to see someone here has a heart. Unlike Omega. He would rather stare at Guerdo junk all day.

Marth should have the dress lol OR a Lyn model swap d*amn that would be funny....it'd also satisfy my wanting for Lyn to be in :p
It would satisfy a whole lot of things friend.

Man this thread sure has fallen from grace
The thread has never had grace. It's a freaking discussion group about a nonexistant videogame.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He would rather stare at Guerdo junk all day.
Fond Melee memories for all of us.

By the way, should Alt Costumes themselves have Alt Colors? I've thought they should (LIKE MOST FIGHTING GAMES...) but if they handle it like they did with Wario, then it'd be a pain cycling through them all...

OmegaXXII

Nah, I believe the alternate costumes suffice for having alt. of each character, palette swaps are there to make up for them in the first place.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mario - Doc.
Luigi - Mr. L
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - Shadow Queen Peach; Daisy (as in, fix the hair!!) (when having alternatives for peach, she must retain her float ability and have it practical so the dress must stay, which means no biker outfit, no strikers outfit)

i feel that SOME should have alternative colors and that others (like daisy, Mr. L) should have only one color, the one they are based on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario - Doc.
Luigi - Mr. L
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - Shadow Queen Peach; Daisy (as in, fix the hair!!) (when having alternatives for peach, she must retain her float ability and have it practical so the dress must stay, which means no biker outfit, no strikers outfit)

i feel that SOME should have alternative colors and that others (like daisy, Mr. L) should have only one color, the one they are based on.
Dry Bowser...I would never select any other character again

OmegaXXII

Here are my costume ideas:

Mario- Raccoon Mario, Dr. Mario

Luigi - Mr. L, Strikers uniform

Peach - Strikers unicorm, Tennis

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fond Melee memories for all of us.

By the way, should Alt Costumes themselves have Alt Colors? I've thought they should (LIKE MOST FIGHTING GAMES...) but if they handle it like they did with Wario, then it'd be a pain cycling through them all...
Oh don't be a baby. "They gave me too many meaningless color options! D:"

I think they should handle it like they did with Wario. As well as add a "Shiny" cotsume for PT. Maybe having Blue/Leaf be the Trainer.

Peach - Strikers unicorm
anyone lol over this?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Diasy costume. Wearing nothing but thorny vines wrapped around her

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh don't be a baby. "They gave me too many meaningless color options! D:"

I think they should handle it like they did with Wario. As well as add a "Shiny" cotsume for PT. Maybe having Blue/Leaf be the Trainer.
I MEAN. I want them. But they should have a better.. SYSTEM? in place. Once you unlock a costume, maybe a little button would show up on the... "selected character thing" at the bottom of the screen. Click that and it changes the costume, then just change the colors like normal.

Also yehs at Dry Bowser.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I MEAN. I want them. But they should have a better.. SYSTEM? in place. Once you unlock a costume, maybe a little button would show up on the... "selected character thing" at the bottom of the screen. Click that and it changes the costume, then just change the colors like normal.

Also yehs at Dry Bowser.
A system would be fine. I say nay to Dry Bowser. When it comes down to it, only a handful of characters need costumes.

It's was uniform!!
It was Unicorm. Which is almost Unicorn. Which is funny.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I've been yammering 'bout the character selection screen for the longest time!!! YES! YES! (m. bison reference)
alt. character selection, megaman (or X) variable weapons move selection, Zero Suit/ Zelda/chosen Pokemon selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom