• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I honestly hadn't considered Victini. Must be that "wrong side of the pokedex" thing. XD He'd probably play a lot like Squirtle, due to size...
His body structure is more similar to that of a bipedal Pichu (I understand Pichu isn't bipedal, but play along with me in here). However, he would be completely different from Pichu and Squirtle since he is Fire/Psychic type and would be able to ultilize a combination of both.
MechaWave said:
Zoroark is wanted more than Victini sadly, especially in the Japanese community.
He is certainly mentioned more, which helps him, but I'm not convinced that Zoroark is truly wanted. Looking at the information ToiseofChioce gave us, it seems as people are pessimistic and bitter about the situation of playable Pokemon character in Smash and are mostly expecting Zoroark to replace Lucario. Since I doubt many people want Lucario gone, I don't think many people as we think look forward to a 5th gen Pokemon.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I think Mewtwo and Lucario will definitively be in. When Mewtwo was gone in Brawl people were VERY disappointed and conversations about him always happen-- everywhere. Lucario is staying for a while (or replaced by the other two wanted (see next sentence)). The other Pokemon will (to me) be Zoroark but Victini is not a bad choice.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I think Mewtwo and Lucario will definitively be in. When Mewtwo was gone in Brawl people were VERY disappointed and conversations about him always happen-- everywhere. Lucario is staying for a while (or replaced by the other two wanted (see next sentence)). The other Pokemon will (to me) be Zoroark but Victini is not a bad choice.
I don't see why people want Mewtwo back though besides being a cool Pokemon didn't he suck inn Melee?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mewtwo will return, Lucario I'm neutral on.

For the most part I don't really care about Zoroark or Victini, but if Victini breaks the cycle of "potential clone" then by all means I want Victini in for the sole purpose of Mewtwo getting a shot at the roster once more.

:phone:

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I feel a bit gipped by Nintendo's prioritization of franchises. My favorites are Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Star Fox, none of which get the same level of quality or representation.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't see why people want Mewtwo back though besides being a cool Pokemon didn't he suck inn Melee?
No he's getting way better now. But that doesn't mean anything. He is the most popular character people want. Period. He was unique in Melee, if not the MOST unique and is very cool. It's up to Sakurai's bias to decide if he's in now because he HAS to be in unless he refuses. He's not a huge *** so he'll probably put him in.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see something like this, even if I don't see it happening.
Yes but he probably would have been buffed in Brawl and if he returns, I can guarantee you that they will make it to where he does not suck again.
Mewtwo will return, Lucario I'm neutral on.

For the most part I don't really care about Zoroark or Victini, but if Victini breaks the cycle of "potential clone" then by all means I want Victini in for the sole purpose of Mewtwo getting a shot at the roster once more.

More like the cycle of "similar body structure", but I still agree.
Honestly, I feel a bit gipped by Nintendo's prioritization of franchises. My favorites are Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Star Fox, none of which get the same level of quality or representation.
In terms of playable character, I think Fire Emblem and Star Fox is fine. It's Metroid that needs a playable character.

Otherwise, I think all are adequately represented by stage and music, but that's just me.

OmegaXXII

You mentioned Fire Emblem? Have you checked out Project Begnion? It an alliance dedicated to The Black Knight's inclusion, suppoted by me and Barbasol.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If they actually make Mewtwo good I won't have a problem with him getting in... I hope they give him his armor Mewtwo costume that would be cool I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if he played as the anti hero in the adventure mode.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since this thread has gone to ****, imma go off topic and ask oasis for a request. Please draw Layton kicking the **** out of Travis Touchdown, saying "Your cracking ribs remind me of a puzzle!" Or something like that. I WILL BE YOUR BEST PAL!
I wish you had asked after I had played at least one of his games. So I could maybe reference something for extra silliness.

Anyway, I could see Mewtwo getting a slightly revamped moveset.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's pretty obvious Mewtwo will be in the game. He's very popular. Seriously, you have no idea. Even when he was the worst character in Melee. Can't say the same about Roy but I won't be surprised if he's included. Fire Emblem needs more reps and he's perfect and popular enough.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
If Black Knight/Zelgius makes it in, I will piss myself. And probably a few others while I'm at it.

Anyone else think all the SF chars need a vintage '64 quote as a taunt?

Wolf: "Play time is over!" or "Can't let you do that!" with "What the heck?!" as a death quote.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hearing that Ike is one of the most popular lords makes me believe Black Knight is a bit more likely.

And yes, Wolf needs a "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT~" taunt. If Falco said "I'll take the sky any day!" before hopping in an Arwing for a Final Smash, that would be JUST DANDY.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I honestly think some taunts in the game should actually be taunts. Wolf's side taunt is very annoying when you're just dying to KO him. But some taunts really aren't taunting your opponent.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I wish you had asked after I had played at least one of his games. So I could maybe reference something for extra silliness.

Anyway, I could see Mewtwo getting a slightly revamped moveset.
Google is your friend!

Also, I always lol so hard when Falco is all like "POISSONALLY, I prefer de AIR... LAAAAANDMASTUHHHH!!!!!!!" Oh Sakurai.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He may have sucked, but that's nothing a revamp or buffed up moveset can't fix. Speaking of which, if he gets revamped, Teleport MUST stay.

OmegaXXII

If Black Knight/Zelgius makes it in, I will piss myself. And probably a few others while I'm at it.
Guess what though? That's you're opinion, if Sakurai considers him in, too bad!!

I'm honestly saying that Caeda also has a chance, but The Black Knight is more likely considering Ike is also in the game, needless to say both have equal chances, but if the japanese want Roy back, that sad to say it might hurt their chance alot, even worse if a new FE lord is announced, I'm still optimistic about the Black Knight, that why we have a petition set up for him as part of PCAM/CAP?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He may have sucked, but that's nothing a revamp or buffed up moveset can't fix. Speaking of which, if he gets revamped, Teleport MUST stay.
Do you have any ideas for Mewtwo? I figure actually giving him PSYCHIC POWERS would be cool (All I can think of is ERMAC, lol). Teleport would be even better if it allowed you more control, huh?

D

Deleted member

Would anyone like to see Red's Pokemon get four B moves and switching Pokemons relegated to a taunt button?

I would love to see this and I see no reason why the Pokemons can't have four B specials.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
For Mewtwo I'm thinking a bigger Shadow Ball, a damaging forward B, a counter move, short hop double fair, and maybe he could do more damage as he takes more...

Oh wait. >.> Hmmm...

I'd prefer that system for PT, yes. Along with no weakening over time.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since the trolling is done for now, I'll finally respond to some posts.

Would anyone like to see Red's Pokemon get four B moves and switching Pokemons relegated to a taunt button?

I would love to see this and I see no reason why the Pokemons can't have four B specials.
I totally agree with this, it would make switching Pokemon way easier, just have a button set to each Pokemon, and the button used for calling the Pokemon you already have out into said Pokemon's taunt button. Plus PT needs some buffs anyway.

For Mewtwo, do I need to post my spoon sword moveset again? :cool:

As for FE, the only real contenders for the spot are Caeda, BK, and maybe Roy.

OmegaXXII

Sothe? No, just No

If anybody it's Hector, Leaf, Sigurd or Macaiiah, but I'm doubting Macaiah due to Ike already in the game.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Opelucid's Smash 4 Roster(Prepare's for criticism)
*Unlockable

Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi*
Bowser Jr.*

Wario Ware
Wario

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi

LOZ
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link*
Ghirahim*

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Krystal

Kirby
Kirby
King DDD
Meta Knight*

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
King K. Rool
Diddy & Dixxie Kong*

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo*
Zoroark/Victini*

Pikmin
Olimar

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike

Punch Out!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Issac*

Sin Punishment
Saki Amamiya *

Legendary Starfy
Starfy

Earthbound/Mother
Ness
Lucas*

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Retro
Mr G&W
R.O.B
Takamaru*

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow*

Mii

3rd Party
Sonic*
Snake*
Megaman*
Professor Layton*

16 Newcomers
20 Unlockable
52 Characters(54 with form changes)
30 Starter Characters(32 With Zero Suit and Sheik)

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
I doubt FE will get anybody older than FE9/10. Seven is still popular over here, but only within the FE fan crowd. The fact that the games are relatively rare is a pain, sometimes.

I would separate Dixie and Diddy, since Diddy already exists and is popular that way. I also wonder why everyone wants Medusa instead of Palutena, who is much more iconic.

Not to knock the idea, but what it the world would Layton and Starfy do...?

D

Deleted member

@Opelucid: Have to say say, I'm very impressed with your roster. Aside from the number (a bit too large, but not too unrealistic), this is one of the best roster I've seen recently. The only thing I would consider removing are Ghirahim and Krystal; even then, they aren't too terribly unrealistic. I would highly enjoy a roster like this.

OmegaXXII

Wow, what an interesting idea you have there, Pokemon Trainer definetly needs to have four B Specials well, same goes for Zelda and possibly Zero Suit, although I'm not sure how a Samus transformation would work.

Point still stands though, the tranformation effect should be redirected as a D-Pad command, not as a B move special, it was sad that a potential was was scrapped due to that effect.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do you have any ideas for Mewtwo? I figure actually giving him PSYCHIC POWERS would be cool (All I can think of is ERMAC, lol). Teleport would be even better if it allowed you more control, huh?
I'm not quite sure, actually. I think he'd be great as a mind game character thanks to his teleports. I'll have to get back to you on this one as I'm gonna be out of town the next couple of days.

Hey, Mechawave, are I good looking?
Yes, I'm 20.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I doubt FE will get anybody older than FE9/10. Seven is still popular over here, but only within the FE fan crowd. The fact that the games are relatively rare is a pain, sometimes.

I would separate Dixie and Diddy, since Diddy already exists and is popular that way. I also wonder why everyone wants Medusa instead of Palutena, who is much more iconic.

Not to knock the idea, but what it the world would Layton and Starfy do...?
FE contenders:

Caeda: Marth's wife, has been in 4 FE games, mangas, artbooks, TCG and the Cartoon, fights with a lance and sword and can fight without her pegasus like in FE3 and recent depictions of her, very popular and well known within the FE community, also has relevancy due to being in both most recent FE games in both the U.S. and Japan,

Black Knight: Very popular FE character and villian, has been in 2 FE games, has the potential to be very unique due to his armor and fighting style, was on the Brawl poll and has been recognized by Sakurai,

Roy: Very popular in the Smash community, was in Melee, Japanese only character and clone, may have the potential to have a unique moveset, but lacks popularity in the FE community due to bad stats, little usefulness and is outshined by the FE7 lords,

Diddy and Palutena, I agree with you there. I hate Dixie.

As for Starfy, look at some gameplay videos it may help give you an idea of a moveset for him and playstyle. ;)

Layton, I have no idea what he could do and why he should be in a fighting game. Ask Hoots.

It also seems I should post my Mewtwo moveset again. lol

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yesh you're very handsome. :3 Your face reminds me of Po.

Anyway Krystal needs to stay. Ghiriam (spelling his name is stoopid) needs to go. It's a decent roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom