• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Sakurai's way of deciding? Okay, I don't know how he'll decide. He might pull a Snake on us. The way he decides varies. Mainly it goes like this:

Nintendo > Sakurai > Unique > Popularity > Stuff

That's what I think

And this is where I ask my question about the following characters: Krystal and Junior.

Why didn't they appear at all? At least Ridley appeared as a boss but what happened to these 2? At least make Jr. a boss in brawl but why didn't he do it? Wasn't Jr. one of the most requested in the brawl days? As for Krystal, why didn't she appear too?
I can't speak for Jr. but I was surprise myself that Krystal didn't make it. I was almost certain she was demanded more on Smashboards then Wolf. A staff fighter would be a really unique character and it would be hard to not over power her. Not to mention about how her telepathy could be used.

As for Adventure Mode I don't care about the unlocking all the characters (though I do want rewards for beating certain things) but I want the environment a merging of the Nintendo worlds. I don't want some generic trophy world but instead Hyrule, Mushroom Kingdom, Angel Land, etc. I want them to find portals that leads them to different worlds.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's actually what I originally thought SSE would be like. Instead we got this generic adventure island on which all the characters just happened to live :bee:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It just goes to show how Sakurai's interest is always over people's popularity.

It doesn't matter how popular a character really is, he Sakurai doesn't want a character in, it won't happen, it's as simple as that, I hope at least Ridley and K. Rool do finally become playable though rather than having them as AT's and such.

:phone:

smashless gama

Smash Cadet
According to Project Sora they're still trying to think of a name for it, even if it doesn't matter for quite a while. I always liked the word "Royale", but "Melee" and "Brawl" are better when it comes to good, descriptive fighting words. Nice ring to it though, "Super Smash Bros. ROYALE". :D

OmegaXXII

Yea, Strife was pretty good, unfortunetly it was a fake, hopefully that name will come to pass, but I honestly don't care what the name turns out to be, when I first heard it was called Brawl I was in shock how horrible it was, but with time that shock just diminished, now it just seems normal.

What I'm really looking forward to are the gameplay mechanics as well as the characters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Now I'm not sure on this but 64 seem to favor the top Nintendo characters. With games like Mario 64, Donke Kong 64, Zelda OOT, Pokemon craze, Starfox 64, etc. Only the secret characters didn't fit the bill with Ness and CF only had SNES games and Luigi and Jiggs were side characters.

Melee went with fighting niches. You can see in the instruction booklet you saw what they were design for. (Mario was the balance fighter, Samus was the long range fighter, Peach the recovery master, etc). Again this didn't apply to a lot of the secret characters because of the clones (Though Pichu was the joke character).

I don't know how brawl's characters were chosen. There really isn't any obvious pattern.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In defense of 64, the game was designed on a low budget so you really had to decide on who'd get in. You wanted a roster of diverse character that were for the most part popular along with a surprise or two.

OmegaXXII

In this article:

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1000225/wii_u_uncovered.html

It stated that Sakurai doesn't have enough choices and that Nintendo hasn't been doing any mainstream characters as of late, which means characters like Ridley and K.Rool should probably almost be shoe-ins since they are very iconic and seems to be very popular as well, hopefully this will also mean that his attention will focus on lesser characters that aren't recognized so much, that aren't as popular or demanded for that matter.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
According to Project Sora they're still trying to think of a name for it, even if it doesn't matter for quite a while. I always liked the word "Royale", but "Melee" and "Brawl" are better when it comes to good, descriptive fighting words. Nice ring to it though, "Super Smash Bros. ROYALE". :D
I think they have a lot to choose from. Frenzy, Rumble, Clash, Strife, Fury, Royale, Mayhem...

Or Ultra since it'll be on the Wii U. XD

OmegaXXII

Strife or Fury would be awesome, I've always wondered why it's a simple fighting term and not some fancy original name.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I liked Strife. To me, it goes with competitive feel the next game supposedly has. This isn't a tea party, this is a fight to the death.

Ok, that's to extreme.

How about Super Smash Bros.: We Ain't ****ing Around Edition?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't Royale the Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Europe?

Let's make all the characters fat and put Ronald McDonald in the game, with a British accent

Edit: I'd like the Super Smash Royale with Cheese, and a large Coke

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Super Smash Bros. Gentlemanly Engagement. Feat. Professor Layton.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find it rather odd that the Koopalings didn't get a lot of cameos. Ludwig got his sticker, but that's it.

Smash Wii U should implement the Koopalings in some way. Trophies, stage cameos, anything to represent them.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think the whole "World of Trophies" concept should be entirely written out. I think some kind of world merging event would be much better. As for bosses, I think it should be

King Boo
Supermassive Bowser (like the final boss from Yoshi's Island)
Tiki Tong
Dyna Blade
Gohma
N or Giovanni
Phantoon
Andross
Gigyas
Dr. Eggman
Psycho Mantis
Master Hand and Crazy Hand
Some kind of new "big bad"

OmegaXXII

Bowser Jr. could use their hairstyles and colors as alternate colors/costumes.
That would be so cool, he should have a "punk" or hard rock metal look with a leather jacket and shades, come to think of it, why doesn't Bowser already have that? :/

@Star: Don't worry, I never like to use items anyway, if I do it's probably because I find it that I must use it, otherwise a good collection of them seems to serve me just fine, woooo!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
You know what they call a quarterpounder with cheese in France?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That would be so cool, he should have a "punk" or hard rock metal look with a leather jacket and shades, come to think of it, why doesn't Bowser already have that? :/

@Star: Don't worry, I never like to use items anyway, if I do it's probably because I find it that I must use it, otherwise a good collection of them seems to serve me just fine, woooo!

Umm... One thing about the game is every weapon has a use limit. Think Fire Emblem,

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what I always thought was interesting. Make Bowser Jr. be an "assist" type character like Strider or CapCom in the MvC games. Have his attacks consist of his brothers and sister coming in to attack.

OmegaXXII

Umm... One thing about the game is every weapon has a use limit. Think Fire Emblem,

If that's the case then I'm not really worried, unless I'm reallly struggling to get by, items are my last resort.

Funny you mentioned FE, when I got some rare items I never wanted go use them up because of their uniqueness, I felt like I was gonna lose it forever.

Oh no, I still have go do that......

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
if anything i truly believe it'd be called super smash bros rumble. Simply because rumble is another word for "to fight". Although thanks to Nintendo naming the new mario kart: Mario Kart 7 i can't help but think they might just call it Super Smash Bros 4.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Man... I feeling like it's too late to join the discussion. XP

I posted a thread about this at Nsider2, but I think the story for SSB4 needs to revive the concepts started in SSB64. But given the hundreds of thousands of posts, I'm sure somebody else has expressed this sentiment already.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Hex, good to see you. I remember you back from the pre-Brawl, old Nsider days when you were making Kirby hats.

As for the topic I'm not sure if it has or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hoots stole my Royale with cheese joke a page later...

Edit: It wasn't Kuma, it was Hoots

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like the concept of Melee would be the best to revive considering Trophies are used all the time now. Although I doubt the "story" will ever go back to being that simple. We know that this SSB3DS is likely to have another SSE type mode where we can level-up and customize out characters, so seeing the simple story/concept of "this kid likes to play with his toys in his room!" probably won't happen.

Even though I would prefer an adventure mode to another Sub Space. Sub Space did a lot of things wrong. They used original enemies, which doesn't feed the fanboy in me. It unlocked all the characters, which I'm sure it will do once again. And the story was just bland.

Hey Hex, good to see you. I remember you back from the pre-Brawl, old Nsider days when you were making Kirby hats.
It's THAT Hex??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom