• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. No one will ever predict the number of characters. It's probably wrong. There's a 0.000000001% chance of success.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Same here. I find it weird although, I'll miss Snake's pure zoning playstyle :(
I would love to talk playstyle, but American Dad is on soon, and the Alien on that show is too gay to function, which makes me laugh. So I have to watch that. Not to mention I don't know any technical terms, so when I talk about how a certain character plays, no one knows what I'm talking about and I look crazier than everyone already assumes I am. I mean, only a crazy guy doesn't like Megaman and Sonic, right?

No. No one will ever predict the number of characters. It's probably wrong. There's a 0.000000001% chance of success.
Right. I mean Sakurai is looking to do more than just add characters. There is no telling how many cuts/additions will be done.

Nothing wrong with disliking or being indifferent to another character. Everyone's free to tell their opinions......

As long as it's NOT extreeeeemely stupid or that guy's just a troll.

Edited 5 times >_>

@Shortie's other edit: All we do is root for the character and annoy Sakurai until he has no choice but to add him/her

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nothing wrong with disliking or being indifferent to another character. Everyone's free to tell their opinions......

As long as it's NOT extreeeeemely stupid or that guy's just a troll.

Edited 5 times >_>

@Shortie's other edit: All we do is root for the character and annoy Sakurai until he has no choice but to add him/her
I actually have tweeted Sakurai three times, I know he has pretty good english, so if he read them he probably knows what i was talking about. So yes, all we can do is annoy.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh really? Now I want to annoy him :p

Actually it would kinda be nice to know what kind of picture he has in his head for the game. Give us something to discuss, it would, and for long periods of time as well! :D

We all want to annoy him and we are annoying to him. LOL.

Let's hope Sakurai is hard-working in this one. I hope Retro and maybe Capcom (Just don't SF it too much) can help.

You want a picture?

SUPER CAT BROS

In terms of characters, relevancy and things like that aren't the criteria of being playable.

Sakurai >>>> Sakurai's opinion about how unique he/she is >>> Importance (Don't know about this. According to Stryks, Sakurai has love for minor characters but there's no source) > Popularity>>>>>>>>> Other stuff

And that.

So in other words.....

1.) Having a major role won't help
2.) Being relevant won't help
3.) Being irrelevant will do nothing
4.) Being minor does nothing
5.) Anything can happen

So pretty much, you can expect the unexpected despite how illogical it sounds (Unless it sounds to unrealistic but characters like Waluigi aren't that unrealistic. I'm talking about mastur cheef and characters like him)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, yes YES! I would love this! I also think he should have a higher chance of helping any kongs around the stage if they are there(even while grumpy, he still helps his kongs)

Oh, and yay! I got a new avatar! Thanks once again to star! :-D
An AT with extra characters would be awesome, too. We could get the whole Kong clan crew in one AT. Plus the DK franchise didn't have a single AT in Brawl if memory serves me correct (haven't used 'em in years, so it might not be).

Anyways, I predicted 50+ between the two games assuming there are exclusive characters (and/or maybe DLC). I went there. I predicted about 40-42 with Brawl, and I tend to always know such a future. I also saw the super secret ending of MGS4 ending coming. I also guessed 10 out of 11 of the last Super Bowls right (to make it better, I bet on 6 in a row before backing out of the one I guessed wrong).To top it off, I knew Snape killed Dumbledore! :laugh:

Also, stage discussion? (this is my kind of discussion) We need the Air Ship from SMB3. The best Mario game ever (it sold 20 million+ units) in my very unhumble opinion doesn't have a stage, while Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion (which wasn't even that great of a game), and every other canon Mario console game up to Galaxy already has a stage (Galaxy 1 and 2 also deserve stages). C'mon-how would it not be awesome?

And Metroid needs more original stages. 3/4 of the stages are from 2 of the games-Metroid and Super Metroid (I guess you could add Zero Mission). Prime 1 has 1 stage, while Prime 2, Prime 3, Prime: Hunters, Fusion, and now Other M. If they're gonna choose another Metroid or Super Metroid stage, make something without lava. There's ton of jungle, frost, mountain, ships, and especially spacey areas in the series that haven't been used that could make fun and original stage. Imagine a stage using all of the various areas of Metroid Fusion with random appearances by that one evil Samus thing; that could be pretty fun!

Edit: Psycho's edit is correct; money talks, and Nintendo wants characters that gather interest, and are popular first. After they get their necessary reps, Sakurai can make the cover smash sign a giant turd for all Nintendo cares! :laugh:

I predict.............. Don't know. I'd rather wait. I'm the type who likes "The more the merrier" so I hope it goes above 48.

Like what everyone says, HARRY POTTER FOR SMASH 4!

I trust nintendo. They never screwed up. Okay, the Wii was a mess but honestly, it did well with a casual console. There were games ranging from 80 - 97% (Currently, the best game of this gen is a wii game: Super Mario Galaxy 97.46 or .47%). Look at move and kinect, the games weren't that good.

I'm still rooting for Toad. A likely or not likely character, still supporting him. There are a lot of people besides me anyway

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's really not that hard to guess which characters are going to be in the next game. The game was announced not too long ago, and already we have a select few characters being predicted by everyone. Most of them are going to be in the game. Some won't. There may be a couple suprises. But generally we have a good idea of what characters will be in the game.

Though, I doubt many predicted how awful Melee's roster would turn out, lol.

Sorry for being stupid but was there a reason why Ridley wasn't playable. I didn't pay much attention about Ridley since ALL of us want Ridley.

*Looks around*

>.>

<.<

Except for that personality guy.

It isn't hard to guess or expect but it's not confirmed

Technically, there were only 4 newcomers. The 6 (Roy, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario) were clones.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Urg... No one's online in Australia now. No one to brawl...

Hmm, no, i don't think Donkey Kong DOES have an AT, which is really sad, DK has an amazing set of levels to choose from. All the way from climbing cliffs to Avoiding sharks in underwater levels.... Cool....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Does the water flow backwards in AMERICA? Answer that! :p

But in all seriousness, i can't say i've looked down a flushing toilet just to check. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Like I said, Ridley was part of a pool of expected characters. MOST got in, but some didn't. NAMELY RIDLEY. The only obvious answer to why he wasn't playable is because Sakurai saw him as a boss (or two) instead.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's really not that hard to guess which characters are going to be in the next game. The game was announced not too long ago, and already we have a select few characters being predicted by everyone. Most of them are going to be in the game. Some won't. There may be a couple suprises. But generally we have a good idea of what characters will be in the game.

Though, I doubt many predicted how awful Melee's roster would turn out, lol.
Eh, to some extent you're right. But some characters didn't make it who were a few steps away from having a shoe-in status (Dixie Kong, a third gen Pokémon, Ridley, Mega Man [for business reasons], etc). Heck, people were saying Ness was a shoe-out, and then bam! Accidental leak proved he was in! (I jumped on that bandwagon in sadness right before it happy; I was glad I was wrong! :grin:)

Dixie Kong, Ridley, Paper Mario, any possible new Fire Emblem main character, and of course a Generation 5 Pokémon are all shoe-ins or near shoe-ins, especially the new mon-mon-mon, or mon-mon-mons if there's more than 1 new Pokérman.

However, I expect surprises with retro/wtf characters (retro means old; old characters can also mean new, so, for example, IMO Little Mac is still retro). I also expect the high standards of originality Sakurai has shown so far with them, and I have no doubts he won't disappoint. I expect a few more this time. However, unlike the last two times around, we ain't got a clue other than maybe 4 or 5 that are definitely going to be considered.

Also, Melee's awful roster was a good thing. It gave America a new franchise (Fire Emblem), and G'dog, Roy, and Falco were pretty sweet clones. C'mon-who doesn't like the Ganon stomp their sister? :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smash 4's roster doesn't seem so set in stone to me. I'm waiting to see who the new characters are in the first trailer. After that, I'll start making assumptions.

I really do want faster gameplay and characters that are better balanced.

If you can't balance right, figure out a way to do patches, nintendo

Edit: I'm going to classic Overmind Avatar again, the one I had during ALL of Brawl's development.

Actually I want to make the new overmind from SC2 as my avatar but I don't have photoshop anymore

You serious? Paper Mario, Dixie Kong being a shoe in?They have a lot going for them but there is no way they are shoe ins. Only Ridley and Mac are NEAR shoe ins. Never mind. No ones in a near shoe in status

Quit using the word shoe in because no character is a shoe in. No matter how much is going for them. They may be popular or unique but you're forgetting if Sakruai and nintendo is interested in them. We don't know that

*Looks at Toad* Including you.

@Gameplay: Same here. Not as fast as melee though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You serious? Paper Mario, Dixie Kong being a shoe in?They have a lot going for them but there is no way they are shoe ins. Only Ridley and Mac are NEAR shoe ins. Never mind. No ones in a near shoe in status

Quit using the word shoe in because no character is a shoe in. No matter how much is going for them. They may be popular or unique but you're forgetting if Sakruai and nintendo is interested in them. We don't know that

*Looks at Toad* Including you.
I said "shoe-in or near shoe-in." There's a huge difference between that and flat out saying "shoe-in." I'm confident all of the above will be in the game with maybe one or two exceptions. I'm also pretty positive and all of them will be considered to be playable at one point or another. Is that so far-fetched to say if we have the 50+ character roster and two games with exclusive characters? No. Can't tl;dr my posts! :chuckle:

Plus Dixie was on the Brawl disc, so...

All my "shoe-ins" for Brawl made it, minus Ridley; Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Wario, Lucas, King Dedede, Sonic, Captain Olimar, Diddy Kong, and all the Melee and SSB64 characters minus Ness, Sheik (still worthless to the series as a whole), and the cut characters (I can't believe people thought Samus wouldn't return! :embarrass:). Heck, I bet $50 Diddy would make it with some guy. I sent him a PM demanding my money; he never came back, even after 2,000 plus posts. :laugh:

Also, Nintendo's interests come first. Smash is not just a fighting or platforming game, but a promotion for series, and, most importantly, a way to keep the company afloat! Whatever Sakurai wants as a character can wait until then.

And the only true automatically confirmed newcomer is a new Pokémon from Generation 5. To even doubt it would be foolish. Nintendo would make more money with them in, both with Smash and the 5th gen Pokémon games (even though they've probably sold 10-30 million units already).

Edit: Classic Psycho is retro. If I really want to go retro, I'll get my AiB account pic (which is of me from like 4 years ago on a friggen train. Did I predict Spirit Tracks? MAAAYYBEEHHH!!!).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The topic is whatever we individually rant and go on about how we think this topic or that topic is too irrelevant to become the relevant topic, and thus by arguing it, the topic we argue is an irrelevant topic eventually becomes the soon to be relevant topic we are arguing about.

Well, whatever. I'm just saying these things about roles and stuff like that don't affect the chances. The only valid factor I see that affects the character's chances is if people want him, or he's popular. The others are depending on nintendo.

Well then, lets go to another topic.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you are able to make a Mii Cat or Mii Animal on the Wii U, I think Sakurai's love of cats will make Miis playable just for that reason alone! :laugh:

Edit: Pretty dang sure that's why Pichu was in Melee. Say what?

Maybe the cats from nintendogs+cats will be an AT (Or playable lol)

@Pichu: Don't know. I wasn't speculating during melee's development

It's a model hack. I think there's a PSA of it.

@Popularpichu: Despite that, he was removed in brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe the cats from nintendogs+cats will be an AT (Or playable lol)
For some reason, that reminds me of some puppy inside my screen scratching and blocking my view of a Meta Knight doubles ditto team match. Being the avid lover of fresh dog meat that I am, I tore apart my screen to find this adorable and completely edible dog, only to find a few pieces of bacon. Was it worth it? You ask me.
But yes. It was.

For some reason, that reminds me of some puppy inside my screen scratching and blocking my view of a Meta Knight doubles ditto team match. Being the avid lover of fresh dog meat that I am, I tore apart my screen to find this adorable and completely edible dog, only to find a few pieces of bacon. Was it worth it? You ask me.
But yes. It was.
As a competitive player, playing with items is actually fun at times.

/sonicfinalsmashlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom