• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, THE Toad's clothing scheme is NOT unique.

Errr... correction.

Toad overall is unique. People say that because he looks like the other toads. You can't blame him for being part of a race where in everyone looks like each other ._.

Yoshi and Kirby are unique too. The reason why these guys are unique is because they started the whole concept of how a Toad, Yoshi, Kirby would look like. The fact that Sakurai said Toad appeared in Super Mario Bros. (As said in the trophy description) plus pretty much almost all of the people think Toad appeared in Super Mario Bros. and probably the other gaming corporations (I might have exaggerated but I guess people might have been confused about Toad) means Toad started the whole clothing scheme of Toad.

I guess that's your opinion

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo just felt weird to me when I was playing Brawl. It has the buttons though.

The Wii Remote by itself didn't have enough buttons, and you couldn't properly perform a u-tilt without doing a neutral attack first.

The GCN Controller became less effective with the removal of pressure sensitive shields.

The Classic Controller pretty much bypasses all of those issues, making it one of the better controllers to use in Brawl.

Who even uses a wiimote?

I knew it was a bad idea ever since I found out it was usable. I obviously used the GC controller

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo just felt weird to me when I was playing Brawl. It has the buttons though.

The Wii Remote by itself didn't have enough buttons, and you couldn't properly perform a u-tilt without doing a neutral attack first.

The GCN Controller became less effective with the removal of pressure sensitive shields.

The Classic Controller pretty much bypasses all of those issues, making it one of the better controllers to use in Brawl.
Wut...

There isn't a single successful Brawl pro that uses Classic. There only WiiChuck (with is the very small portion) and the GCC users which is like 98% of us.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wut...

There isn't a single successful Brawl pro that uses Classic. There only WiiChuck (with is the very small portion) and the GCC users which is like 98% of us.
That is kind of ironic. People just hate wireless connections if they can't get away from GameCube controllers.

Once Smash bros wii U is released, I transferring to the wiichuk or maybe I'll try out the tablet (Unless there's a controller specifically for smash which is identical to the GCC).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
People hate wireless because when running a tournament, that already takes long enough due to the pace brawl runs, so about 15 minutes a set, to add on top of that you have everyone using a wireless. Adding in all the confusion of interference that Wiimotes do even when there are only 1, I know this because the 5th best in my state uses it, it takes up even mooooooooree time.

Tournies just went from 5hours-2days to 10-hours-4days with the added interference.

Yeah, I'll be moving to Wiichuck or some other form of good wired controller. Hopefully the latter happens. I can already tell the Tablets place is not for competitive smash or any other fighting game for that matter. That's not saying I won't use it for other games.

People hate wireless because when running a tournament, that already takes long enough due to the pace brawl runs, so about 15 minutes a set, to add on top of that you have everyone using a wireless. Adding in all the confusion of interference that Wiimotes do even when there are only 1, I know this because the 5th best in my state uses it, it takes up even mooooooooree time.

Tournies just went from 5hours-2days to 10-hours-4days with the added interference.

Yeah, I'll be moving to Wiichuck or some other form of good wired controller. Hopefully the latter happens. I can already tell the Tablets place is not for competitive smash or any other fighting game for that matter. That's not saying I won't use it for other games.
I saw that the tablets have wires. Were those wires connected to the controller? I saw it in E3.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The hard fact still remains that the Wii U has no GCN support. Therefore, you'll just have to hope that there's a way to implement a wired connection to your Classic Controllers; even if it means using the USB ports.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
See I had no problem with it until I read this. This is stupid. It's either all or nothing for the hurtbox. The slightest things in brawl that would make you go "WTF how'd hit me" is because the hurtboxes (with some characters hitboxes being disjointed) are so precise. You know while Wolf is in idle when he leans forward his whole hurtbox does too right?

All of his body should be his hurtbox unless you want to end up with him being like MK's hurtbox where MK's hurtbox is the smallest in game and he isn't the smallest character.

Pretty sure it's fine as is. The wings would be to each side of the 2D plane, so while idle they wouldn't get in the way. I'm also pretty sure the hurtboxes are adjusted with each animation, so if he attacks with the end of his tail, the end of his tail could also be hurt. Same with his wings.

I'm not sure if you'd know, but are the hurtboxes ..."attached" to the character's model or are they mushed onto a 2D plane? Y'know, if that makes any sense at all. :V

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The hard fact still remains that the Wii U has no GCN support. Therefore, you'll just have to hope that there's a way to implement a wired connection to your Classic Controllers; even if it means using the USB ports.
USB ports are perfectly fine.

I saw that the tablets have wires. Were those wires connected to the controller? I saw it in E3.
They did? Remember I said good. LOL. I trust Nintendo on this though. They wouldn't go out their way to say we are going to make this console geared more to hardcore gamers and then make a contradicting controller roster that alienates all fighting game communities, including their own Smash community.

@Oasis: Okay that makes things a lot more clear. I didn't want another MK hurtbox character ;-;

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
NOW I'M CURIOUS, what's wrong with Meta Knight's hurtbox? What more could you add a hurtbox too other than his body? Or is it that they made it smaller than his body...?

I know the answer to all Meta Knight problems is pretty much "Sakurai's an ***." BUT OTHER THAN THAT.

Oh, and the WiiU tablets were wired at E3 only so no one would steal them. :V

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Pretty sure it's fine as is. The wings would be to each side of the 2D plane, so while idle they wouldn't get in the way. I'm also pretty sure the hurtboxes are adjusted with each animation, so if he attacks with the end of his tail, the end of his tail could also be hurt. Same with his wings.

I'm not sure if you'd know, but are the hurtboxes ..."attached" to the character's model or are they mushed onto a 2D plane? Y'know, if that makes any sense at all. :V
I also got the impression that his tail, based on the shading, kind of laid in the background a bit. Anyway, when you mentioned the tail, that reminded me of Dhalsim's hurtboxes. For the longest time, I didn't think they extended out for his stretched attacks, but it turns out they do. Things like fireballs, anti-airs, and Ibuki's Raida all get it if done right.

NOW I'M CURIOUS, what's wrong with Meta Knight's hurtbox? What more could you add a hurtbox too other than his body? Or is it that they made it smaller than his body...?

I know the answer to all Meta Knight problems is pretty much "Sakurai's an ***." BUT OTHER THAN THAT.

Oh, and the WiiU tablets were wired at E3 only so no one would steal them. :V
How do you know that? My bad for not knowing if you give an explanation.
It's smaller than his body. Adding to that let me get a vid of how disjointed and gay most of his moves are.

See 3:17 for ultimate gayness
In short, MK is broken.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Bleuuuu... I don't like that at all.

Anyway, my brother and i have 2 controllers, but the nunchuk for one of them broke, and my brother is the one who'll refuse to play if he doesn't get the one with the nunchuk(saying i'm better than him and i can beat him anyway, which is true((no, seriously, it's just i know his weaknesses. Other than that we are almost even online)), but still..... So recently i've had to learn to use the wii remote by itself. I still win the vast majority of my online matches but it still sucks and i only just found out how to taunt properly on it. :/

I found it hard to so a u-tilt which made it hard for me to use Snake since it's one of his best moves

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How do you know that? My bad for not knowing if you give an explanation.
They do similar stuff with the Wii remotes at demo stations in Gamestop and do the same things with all the handheld demos. It's just a basic security precaution.

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: Thanks Oasis_S, I'm going to show this to the GameFAQs people and prove that Ridley would not be weird for Smash at all.
Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Even if Nintendo still owned the rights to Rare, Conker is no longer in an acceptable position to be in Smash Bros.. Conker's Bad Fur Day really messed him up.
Because Snake being part of a mostly M-rated franchise totally kept him out of Brawl. Oh wait...

If he can get in, so would have Conker.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Another person that has a nice u-tilt is Lucario. But i always found that to use his, or really anyone's u-tilt you had to either jump first or use a spec. move beforehand.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Oasis_S: Thanks Oasis_S, I'm going to show this to the GameFAQs people and prove that Ridley would not be weird for Smash at all.Because Snake being part of a mostly M-rated franchise totally kept him out of Brawl. Oh wait...

You have to remember why those games are rated M though. Conker is very much the British equivalent of Panty and Stocking (I'm guessing here) in terms of offensive humor. MGS, on the other hand, is much more serious.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If Videogames Were Real....

ok, 0:55 to 1:23 is where you want to watch. Shows a lighter side to it ;)

For those of you who don't know smosh, check out their other stuff. I'll refer you to Pokemon in real life. Also take a look at number 2. They are hilarious. It's all a joke, so there's no offence intended in (at least most of) the things i've seen them do.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@Oasis_S: Thanks Oasis_S, I'm going to show this to the GameFAQs people and prove that Ridley would not be weird for Smash at all.Because Snake being part of a mostly M-rated franchise totally kept him out of Brawl. Oh wait...

It wasn't just the fact that it was M Rated. Nintendo hated Conker's Bad Furday with a passion and it led to the eventual split of Rare and Nintendo. Conker was originally gonna be another generic 3D platformer where Conker was a cute and innocent squirrel who collected nuts and had animal helpers etc. However, being the crazy Brits that they are(and probably to stick it to the overcontrolling Nintendo), they scrapped that for the M Rated adventure that is still one of my favorite games of all time. Nintendo's childish image was tarnished, especially aided by the misleading marketing campaign(they constantly called him a "foul mouthed squirrel" even though he curses like once in the entire game and it's only "****"). After that, they worked on a game called Dinosaur Planet for like 4 years which was going to be an enormous Zelda style open world adventure game which would star the first version of Krystal. However, Miyamoto wanted a Starfox game for the Gamecube, and Nintendo's own attempts at one were failing miserably, so to get back at Rare for Conker they forced them to scrap everything they had and slap together a half ***** and mediocre Starfox game with the scraps. Of course this destroyed the relations with the 2 companies and Rare was bought by Microsoft, robbing Smash of Banjo and Kazooie for all time. Anyways, my point is that it has nothing to do with it being an M game, Nintendo are just a bunch of ****s.

Wow, I wasn't expecting to write all that... I spose being a former Rare mega fanboy has its downsides.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Random comment, but. When I first tried out Brawl, in Gamestops and Best Buy, the Wii+Chuck combination felt REALLY good. (Not as good as GCN, but enough to main it).

So I don't think it'll be an issue for me. There's always USB ports, HOPEFULLY, Nintendo will allow PC controllers to be plugged in, and hopefully as well, they will release GCN USB controllers. :D

Seriously, GCN controllers should be re-released as Classic Controller Ultra or something.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
My list of Pokes:

Mew
Weezing
Moltres
Pichu, Mewtwo and Lucario (will work as an assist trophy common, walking, stalking and applying attacks)
Suicune
Arceus
Torterra
Victini
Darkai
Happiny
Beedrill
Rapidash
Zebstrika
Emolga
Bouffalant
Onix
Piplup
Buizel
Munchlax
Weavile
Mightyena
Gardevoir
Metagross
Groudon
Deoxys
Jirachi
Kyogre
Celebi
Lugia
Snorlax
Entei
Starmie
Togekiss

What do you Think?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's got Beedrill, so I approve.

EDIT:

Actually, Lucario Pichu and Mewtwo as Pokeball item would be a slap to the face to their fans. So either playable, or not playable at all. No Pokeball, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom