• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Zoroark is actually more protective then primal. At least if Zoroark: Master of Illusions and its Pokedex entries are anything to go by.
Zoroark would still be more primal/feral than the other playable Pokemon, (especially Lucario and Mewtwo) with potentially many "primal" attacks like biting, slashing, and clawing as part of its A moveset.

And I think the Victini demand, although I still see him on a roster here and there, is pretty much dead. I also think the Meloetta support won't match Zoroark's, but I am interested to see how Genesect goes over, in Smash speculation and in general, once he is fully revealed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No really, inform me as to what Zoroark does in the movies that was interesting. I have no clue on anything related to the movies! :smirk:
Basically Zoroark burned babies and ***** houses because she was tricked by the obligatory antagonist who states that he kidnapped Zorua. Oh, and there was that fight against the shiny legendary beasts and the heroic "sacrifice".

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^^Plus Night Daze looked awesome.

I really hope that carries over (even to a smaller extent) of how Night Daze would look/work in Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume Zoroark will be loosely based on the one from the movies, similar to how Mewtwo and Lucario are also loosely based on their movie counterparts.

Naturally I think Night Daze might be cosmetically the same as the movie, with it ether being the standard smash, down smash, or Final Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see it as either a chargeable special, or the Final Smash.

If it was the standard special, I could see people trying to compare it to Lucario and Mewtwo's standard chargeable attacks, but Night Daze would probably have a radial effect instead of a forward projectile, like the other two have.

Plus if it was a Smash attack (other than a FS), it wouldn't be able to have very much range.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
Again, why exactly is relevancy so important? K. Rool has already proved himself as a worthy candidate for Smash being a well-liked and popular villain of the DK series, not being in one game won't change that

I know you have a 44 character limit, but right now I'm speaking in general terms. Sorry for the confusion

I don't remember you saying anything about Super Mario Sluggers, maybe I overlooked it.
In general terms, I'm actually fully in favour of King K. Rool! He was actually the 45th character on my list - the very last one I cut before I reached the final 44 (I narrowly went with Toon Link over him). Mewtwo was a bit further down, something like 51st.

Hmmm, how you view relevance is different from most people seem to view it.
I think Smash is all about celebrating the diversity of Nintendo. It does that in two ways - it honours characters from the current generation, the new entrants to the Nintendo ranks, and it honours the characters who started their own piece of history. As I said, my rule for assessing a Smash character is first of all establish: is it a series which features the same characters repeatedly (F-Zero, Star Fox, Mario), or is it a series which features a new slate every game (Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Golden Sun). For the former, the character has to have appeared recently, and is likely to continue to appear. I'd argue Rosalina isn't really that integral to Mario, for example. We're unlikely to see her again in the future. Bowser Jr.? He's become a central character in a whole host of games now. For the latter, you can't make that distinction. You can't say "let's have Marth, he'll be relevant forever" because every game Fire Emblem has new characters. Nobody is relevant forever. The best you can do is pick the first, the history-maker, and then the most recent. That balances historical and modern relevance. For me, Roy was an excellent way to honour the generation in which Melee took place. By SSB4, he's gone.

Interesting, you got me on the Twilight Princess part
Thank you. The only Zelda characters I think worthy of inclusion who are not present already, even at a really outside shot, is Tingle. Otherwise, Zelda's pretty much finished for me. As much as I love Vaati, he's just not deserving of a place.

Anyway, I don't really see why you would think Pokemon Trainer was a Kanto starter in Brawl just because of FR/LG. I mean, between Pokemon like Squirtle and Charizard (who was a highly requested Pokemon for Melee, BTW) and Treecko and Blaziken, who do you honestly think Sakurai would pick?
I think if FR/LG hadn't come out before Brawl, we probably would have had just plain out Blaziken, who was the Lucario/Mewtwo/Zoroark of his gen. The idea of Pokemon Trainer was inspired by Gen 1 as a whole, rather than a specific piece of Gen 1, if that makes sense.

We seem to be on the same page on the Star Fox part, I don't think either Krystal or Wolf would have gotten in if they both had equal "relevance", but that's a discussion for another time.
Yeah, I agree. Krystal is actually pretty low on my list, barring a new Star Fox game being released some time soon.

Going by that logic, if characters like Ness and Samus made it in got in over Mewtwo in the original Smash (who was planned for 64 just like he was in Brawl), then why would he make it into Melee? Oh wait.
Mewtwo is a part of the Regional Dex of Gold and Silver. ;) He's not for R/S/E, D/P/Pt, or B/W.

And while the extra roles would be nice, Mewtwo doesn't need them to get in Smash 4. A constant stream of roles and importance isn't necessary for a character like Mewtwo that has already proven themselves before. He already has plenty of things going for him that actually would have an effect on Sakurai putting Mewtwo back in Smash (you know, like whether he's actually a wanted character for Smash). I don't see why you would think Sakurai is seriously just going to sit there and say, "Oh, he wasn't in Black and White, uhhh.... he wasn't in this game, either, so let's not put him in". There's more to how characters get in Smash than just roles and importance
I disagree. The way I see it is a character has to remain relevant. What's the point of having a character who is not historically significant, or appeared recently? It'd be like including Marill. Say Marill had been included in Melee as the G/S Representative. Why would you keep Marill in, 10 years down the line? Is Marill really that important in the grand scheme of Nintendo? No, it's really not. Now, obviously I'm exaggerating. Mewtwo is a lot more important than Mewtwo. But compared to all of those 44 characters I listed, I would say Mewtwo is less important. That's not to say he's not deserving of a place. Given I definitely think Brawl will have more than 44 characters, I also think there is a strong likelihood Mewtwo will be in. I'm just saying, he's one of the characters closest to the "not inclusion" line, to my mind.

Sonic was the most requested character for Brawl. Wario, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wolf and Olimar were also wanted for Smash. Too bad because of Sakurai not caring for requests they didn't make it into Smash... wait, nevermind.
All of those characters had also made recent game appearances. Even Diddy Kong made an appearance as a playable character in no less than 8 games between 2005 and 2007. The fact these characters were demanded was incidental - it's the fact they were around a great deal at the time. My counter-point is Geno. Geno was highly demanded - and yet totally irrelevant. Thus, he wasn't included.

As for the other parts... your point? Why wouldn't people request him to come back for a Smash game based on how he played in a Smash game? Melee was pretty much everyone's exposure to Roy, anyway; after all, that was the first game he ever debuted in. Why would people base their opinion on whether they want Roy in a Smash game on the FE series when he already was playable in a Smash game before he even got his own FE game?
Because I really don't want Smash to become self-reflective. As soon as your reasoning becomes "Why Roy? Because of Smash." you can start saying "Why Master Hand? Because of Smash.", or "Why Tabuu? Because of Smash." Even for less extreme examples, we'd have bring back Pichu and Dr. Mario by this logic. It just doesn't hold.

And Mewtwo was very highly requested even before he actually made it into a Smash game as proved by polls done for Melee characters before Melee's release, it isn't just because of Smash.
No, Mewtwo's a little different to Roy. I think Mewtwo still stands a very high chance, he's probably just about inside the top 50 characters, if not my top 44. Roy doesn't make that bar at all.

Pretty sure he is more important and iconic to Pokemon than Jiggs is, considering he isn't just a wild Pokemon and the fact that he had a starring role in not only Pokemon: The First Movie, but Mewtwo Returns. And again, he was known as the strongest Pokemon until Arceus came along. Jigglypuff was just one of the most popular wild Pokemon at the time.
Jigglypuff was originally going to be the Pokemon Mascot. It's also the Pokemon not owned by a trainer with the most frequent appearances in the anime - the starring wild Pokemon. Many more frequent appearances than Mewtwo. In fact, your argument about the anime actually supports my point. The last time Jigglypuff appeared in the anime? The end credits of Best Wishes, the most recent series. The last time Mewtwo appeared in the anime? Mewtwo Returns, which was released in 2000. By the time SSB4 is released, it will likely be 14 years old.

I try not to repeat myself often, but I really feel this way so there's nothing else I can really say. Because unlike all those other ones, he was actually in a Smash game before as a playable character. He was planned for Brawl but most likely cut due to time constraints and considering the fact that characters previously planned for Smash game that were cut due to time constraints made it into a future Smash game, so IMHO, it isn't exactly hard to see why he would be another Smash game
I think Mewtwo will be in a Smash game. Note, the 44 character list is not my prediction; it's what I personally would choose if I was forced to cut down to just 44 characters. You can see above what I get if I go for 55 characters - Mewtwo is actually included. If you like, I just think Mewtwo is in the twilight zone - his inclusion is very much dependent on the roster size. He's a very strong contender, but not enough to be absolutely, completely sure of a space.

Ike is already in a Smash game just like Roy, so I don't know why you would even bring him up alongside the other ones
Just as an example. My main point is, the only thing that makes Roy any different to Lyn or Ephraim or Celice or Sigurd (and if we're being honest, Sigurd is the best Lord in Fire Emblem by such a large margin it's not even funny :p ), is that he's appeared in Smash before. The only logic you can use to justify Roy is "he's been there before, therefore he should be in". If you follow that, we also have to add Pichu back, and Dr. Mario back. That's just not worth it when those spaces could go to other characters. Even if you just go "**** it, Roy is an exception", you still have to say "why is Roy an exception?". What makes Roy so special? And there really is no other answer than "because I personally like him". On an objective basis, Roy does not get a place (where as Mewtwo and King K. Rool probably will).

Again, just talking in general terms there, sorry for the confusion or if it seems like I'm just going off a tangent a little bit
No worries, I follow where you're going. :)

And why would it matter whether I grew up with Mewtwo and Roy? That doesn't have anything to do with why I feel that they are serious candidates. I played the crap out of Doc, does that mean I think he even truly deserve to come back for a new Smash game as a playable character?
This is what I mean though. If the only reason you have for why Roy should return is "he has before", why not Doc? Why not Pichu?

I get that they have prominent roles in the newest games of their series, but like you say yourself, you want characters to be not only relevant in terms of appearances, but importance, right? Well, even if you were to put in Zoroark and Krom based on your ideals of relevancy, what if Krom doesn't have a prominent role in a FE game after this while other people take the front seat, and what if 6th and 7th gen equivalents to Zoroark were to come? Should we have to put those new characters in a possible Smash 5 and 6, too, while cutting Krom and Zoroark?
Yes. Absolutely. In fact, if Zoroark and Krom make it into SSB4, I fully expect neither Krom nor Zoroark to be in SSB5 (provided they don't re-use their characters in games released after SSB4). Zoroark and Krom should not be permanent. They should be in now because they're the representatives of their series now, but they won't be in the future, and then they should be removed (which is a shame because Krom is a good design, but that's life for you).

Go for it! No hard feelings here on my part ;)
You'll find it above you. There's one or two characters I don't really mind if they go, I threw it together quickly just as a rough guide, so I could probably be easily persuaded to change say, Captain Syrup or Paper Mario.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
Well, even then, you are putting an arbitrary number on it. You also have to consider that simply re-adding veterans are much easier to construct than new characters built from the ground up. With returning veterans, you have all the required previous playable character data, and don't have to do as much if you want to change them.

My desired 44-man roster would be the Brawl roster without Pit (because I hate the way he plays, I hate his moveset, and above everything else, I hate most Pit players and everything those specific Pit mains I hate stand for, and ultimate all the stale things about Brawl), Mewtwo, Mega Man, K. Rool, Ridley, the Balloon Fighter, and Isaac. So there. :bee:
Of course I'm putting an arbitrary number on it. :p You seem to be missing the point! I'm not predicting the SSB4 roster. I'm not even creating my ideal SSB4 roster. I'm creating my ideal SSB4 roster if I had to work within an arbitrary limit of 44 characters! The goal of this was to discover which 44 characters I think are the most important for inclusion - that's the list I posted. Everyone seems to think I don't want Mewtwo or King K. Rool in Brawl. That's not true. I do; I just don't think they're in the top 44 in terms of importance. If I'd picked a different arbitrary number to act as my constraint, I could have picked them.

(although Roy is different, I really do think he's not deserving. -shrugs- )

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
better be like melee or else boring like brawl, no combos, no follow ups, no tech chase lol. hopefully they remove that stupid brawl physics 1 frame lag wavey brawl feeling from Project M asap.

HAL laboratory is workin on it, so theres some hope left before whole genre is killed.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Under current paradigms, the flow of new character introductions will not keep up with the number of possible slots for new playable Smash characters based on memory constraints. Time is a much bigger concern than memory space. I feel the need to rank characters in terms of priority, based on who I'd personally choose. For example, a rank of 47 would mean that I'd make the character at that rank playable if there were 47 or more slots, but not 46 or less. In the absolute worst case scenario, the bare minimum of playable characters in Smash 4 is 40. Alas, any quantity below 45 is a far off-the-wall unlikely scenario. But if we could only have X number of characters in Smash 4, here's my order of priorities:

1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Samus and/or Zamus //1 slot
5. Kirby
6. Fox McCloud
7. Pikachu
8. Yoshi
9. Jigglypuff aka Purin
10. Luigi
11. C Falcon
12. Ness
13. Bowser
14. Princess Peach
15. Zelda/Sheik
----------//This list starts to matter below this line.
16. Marth
17. Ganondorf //With all-new moveset
18. Ice Climbers
19. Mr. Game & Watch
20. Mewtwo //With all-new moveset
21. Wario
22. Meta-Knight
23. Diddy Kong
24. Olimar
25. Pit
26. Falco Lombardi //Any new moves added shouldn't correspond with Fox McCloud
27. King DeDeDe
28. Pokemon Trainer
29. Wolf O'Donnell //With all-new moveset
30. Ridley
31. K Rool
32. Samurai Goroh
-----------//I'll be upset if any single character above this line is not playable
33. Dark Samus
34. Dixie Kong
35. Sigurd //From FE4, the best received in the series, or at least the first eight seasons of FE
36. Young Link //Because I didn't like The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, or Spirit Tracks enough to keep Toon Link
37. ROB //His execution in Brawl was great
38. Ike Gawain //Hero of FE9 and I believe FE10
39. Balloon Fighter //Retro character cut from Melee to make way for Ice Climbers
40. Saki Amamiya
----------//Any fewer quantity than this line is highly unlikely
41. Ray Mk III
42. Medeus //Villain of FE1, FE3, and I believe FE11 and FE12. Would be higher, but I always take heat for suggesting this character
43. Little Mac
----------//If characters below this line aren't playable in Smash 4, I won't mind, but they'd be good characters
44. Isaac //Would be higher, but he's a hand-held exclusive, so should probably be in the 3DS installment instead.
45. Nell {OR} Andy //Nintendo and Advance Wars Commanding Officers
46. Black Shadow //He'd be the go-to guy to pass Ganondorf's old moveset onto
47. Sonic the Hedgehog //Not a high priority because he was a guest character in Brawl. Being a guest, one season of Smash Bros is probably enough.
48. Solid Snake //Being a guest character, one appearance in Smash Bros is enough
----------//I'm on the fence about adding characters below this line
49. Kat & Ana {OR} Mona Pizza
50. Zoroark {OR} Victini //At this point, either one would satisfy me equally
51. Krom
52. Sukapon
53. Lucario //I would've preferred playing as Deoxys in Brawl, but Lucario could work out in Smash 4 if he got a buffed moveset and franchise representation issues were addressed.
----------//Characters below this line should probably be used as last resorts for the roster.
54. Bowser Jr. //Don't know whether he, let alone Shadow Mario, would be a good idea.
55. MegaMan //Low priority because Capcom is in a bad state right now
56. Roy //Hero of FE6. The Sword of Seals was not as well received as the first five seasons of Fire Emblem, so I wouldn't favor his return.
57. Lucas //I didn't ask to have him in Brawl. Unlike most of you, I'm not for keeping him for the most part
58. Krystal
59. Vaati
60. Starfy //Something about him doesn't seem like he would fit in as a playable character. If he HAS to be in one Smash game, make it a hand-held one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zoroark would be a pretty unique character due to it being able to create illusions. I suppose in a Super Smash Bros context, Zoroark would respawn on the stage disguised as the opponent. The disguise will keep the varies characteristics of the opponent except for damage, knockback, and weight. But once Zoroark takes enough damage, he will return to normal.

In terms of actual gameplay, Zoroark would be kind of a fast character with disjointed hitboxes and ranged attacks, but with slightly below average power and being a large target.
The way I saw Zoroark is that it would have balanced offenses and defenses, while offering manageable speed and aerial abilities.

So can you provide examples of these cheap hits and tricking the opponent?
Foul Play is one example to take note of; the user of the attack would use the target's physical Attack stat to deal damage; that would mean bad news for brute force characters like Ganondorf, but not so much for weaker characters like Kirby.

^^^Plus Night Daze looked awesome.

I really hope that carries over (even to a smaller extent) of how Night Daze would look/work in Smash.
Final Smash material there people.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You lied to me.

I got Tempura'd because of you.
I did not lie to you! It's in the room after the large lava area in the cave. Instead of going through the door to leave, go off the path and you'll see a lone treasure chest. The treasure should usually be a Centurion Assist. Be careful though, as opening the chest will spawn enemies too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The more I think about Zoroark, the less I like him and the more I think it would be best to just keep Lucario and add Mewtwo.

Adding him Solely to represent that 5th gen is very Shallow.
Personally I like Zorua better.

But yeah, it's shallow and is no reason for a character to be in, Sakurai doesn't care about Generations anyway. Like Krom, if Zoroark gets in it'll be because Zoroark is an enjoyable and interesting character that has a lot to offer, not to simply to represent Generations or because it's a Flavor (whatever dumb people call it).

All three of them are dumb.

Especially Genesect. His supporters are hopeless.
Just wait until Genesect's reveal either late this year or early next year, then they'll be hopeless, until then they're just plain Silly. :p

Surprised no one commented on my Illusion idea again. :3

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
It's not like anyone was going to comment on your dumb post anyway.
Hey! Don't take that tone with me! I was just putting my priorities in order amidst the 44-character minimalism! After that whole thing over the 44 characters vs 55 characters, I just had to measure things based on any number of possibilies of character quantity. You'd better back off if you don't have a better way of sorting out our priorities on the Smash 4 roster!

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Sheik isn't top priority, far from it actually.

:phone:
I smell trouble. You're probably going to exploit this conflict to push your anti-Sheik agenda again.

To everyone else: Let's face it. Zoroark has been the main focus of conversation on this topic for at least a year now, and only 10 or 15 people actually know enough about Zoroark to form a merited opinion. And I hadn't even heard of the name "Zoroark" until I visited this forum. What do you want me to do? Just keep throwing around stage ideas just to let the Zoroark discussion drown it out?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Excuse me I don't believe I ever discussed my 'anti-Sheik agenda' with you.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me I don't believe I ever discussed my 'anti-Sheik agenda' with you.

I may not have experienced your agenda first-hand, but I've heard about you! Didn't you used to start conflicts yourself by how you used to push for Sheik's side of the Zelda character to be removed and add in Impa from Skyward Sword instead?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes that'd be me but why am I so 'famous' for this idea (in a negative sense even)? I see much more potential in Impa than Sheik for a playable character in Smash, while keeping mostly the same style of moves Sheik has. Quick tilts and combos and similar aerial moves but with different height and B moves, though the Chain and Needles could be used as an idea for a new character. Or if customisation for B moves will be added, keep them as optional moves for Impa. I do not claim to say I want an original moveset gone, no. But I want a Zelda newcomer mostly cause Brawl didn't really have one, and I'm otherwise not expecting anyone else besides MAYBE Ghirahim to keep on with the Skyward Sword-theme for the Zelda cast. And I want significant changes for the current main 3 Zelda characters: Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. All could use serious moveset revamps and in the case of Zelda I want them to split up Zelda and Sheik. And because I don't feel any worth of Sheik getting a own spot on the roster due to her insignificance, and having Zelda herself two times on the roster: I want Impa. I also believe its possible Zelda and Impa as a tag team could follow up on Zelda / Sheik as a duo character. Because face it: they did cut characters from the roster before. And I expect then to do it again unless they go on a clone heavy game again. There I would STILL see the possibly of Impa getting in because there was a Toon Zelda / Toon 'Sheik' character considered for Brawl I could also see them opt for making Zelda / Impa a Zelda / Sheik character clone. There's just many ways it could work therefore I think during the progress of Smash, Impa would be considered somewhere more than often to add as a Zelda newcomer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep, Diddy Kong did do that.

However, you should read what he said first. Even though you're completely correct.

No, they cut one clone. Not half a character. They only cut Pichu. The rest didn't make it in. They're different stories.

Albeit, I'm not counting non-playable characters.

Cutting Sheik does not improve Zelda at all. Only thing that could help is making the tag out function a different button combination, like a taunt. Want to help Zelda? Directly work with her, not cut her better half(in-game). It's also a rather important part of Zelda's character, and the first time she could canonically battle in some way. It wasn't till Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures that she could fight again, and sometimes she plays a battle role. Small, usually.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I may not have experienced your agenda first-hand, but I've heard about you! Didn't you used to start conflicts yourself by how you used to push for Sheik's side of the Zelda character to be removed and add in Impa from Skyward Sword instead?
You've heard of me, right. What does everyone say about me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I kinda agree with killing the Pit discussion, unless we can think of ways to make Pit not the most annoying character ever, and to scare away the awful Pit mains; you awful Pit mains who camp, stall, and play like beaches KNOW. WHO. YOU. ARE! :glare:
Project Sora is working on it, not Hal Laboratory.
When it was the "main developer" of Brawl, it had 2 employees, one of which was SAKURAI! Plus it is Sora Ltd. now.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Warheart, the thing is... most people don't want new characters if it meant cutting the old characters, even if they did not like playing as them in Melee/Brawl. Same with how Marvel vs. Capcom 3 cut most of the characters from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and added a bunch of new characters, causing some fans to complain, whine, and b***h about the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster despite the new characters adding some new and fresh playstyles.

If I told everyone that Mewtwo was getting cut and replaced with Lucario in Smash 3 - everyone would flame me and tell me I am an idiot who is wrong. And when it turns out to be true and people are upset about Mewtwo being cut... but at the same time, those same people start to like playing as Lucario and they don't want Lucario cut in favor of Zoroark for Smash 4. And the cycle continues.

So, even if we did get some cuts and added a bunch of new characters who replaced them like Krom, Impa, and Zoroark... sure, people will be hating those characters at first but eventually they will begin to like them and not want them cut from Smash 5. And it's because they blindly adhere to the self-imposed principle that "everyone who ever becomes playable in Smash must be playable in all future Smash games" as if Smash is some sort of a black hole that forces all the characters to be playable in all future Smash games once they became playable in a Smash game. Maybe that's why they don't want characters like Duck Hunt Dog and Tingle to be in Smash. They are afraid that if they are ever playable in Smash 4, they would have to be playable in all future Smash games. :troll:
1)People hate cuts because they hate losing "their" character
2)Your idea that "People think everyone from Smash has to be in" is false because no one wants Pichu back (kind of true for Doc too)
3)No one wants Duck Hunt Dog or Tingle because people don't like them. Not sure why you have to bring this up every other post. Your worse than Diddy (Diddy's characters are ones some people do want).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I sure as heck SMASH! would rather have :drmario: than :mariobrawl:; because :mariobrawl: is garbage, and :drmario: is awesome. Granted I would prefer that :drmario: be dressed as :mario64: be Smash 4! :chuckle:
Of course I'm putting an arbitrary number on it. :p You seem to be missing the point! I'm not predicting the SSB4 roster. I'm not even creating my ideal SSB4 roster. I'm creating my ideal SSB4 roster if I had to work within an arbitrary limit of 44 characters! The goal of this was to discover which 44 characters I think are the most important for inclusion - that's the list I posted. Everyone seems to think I don't want Mewtwo or King K. Rool in Brawl. That's not true. I do; I just don't think they're in the top 44 in terms of importance. If I'd picked a different arbitrary number to act as my constraint, I could have picked them.
Meh, well I cut only Pit because I like the other 38 Brawl characters. Pit I cut because his moveset IMO sucks, he's campy player, and Pit players (mostly) are freaking annoying! :mad: Then I added the characters that felt like they went "best" with my roster, and who added the most (Mega Man, K. Rool, Mewtwo, etc.) to the roster. That's my thinking, anyways.
(although Roy is different, I really do think he's not deserving. -shrugs- )
Want me to convince you with video footage of Fire Emblem 6 (the game he stars) and my ideas for how he could be an original and unique character=??? :bee:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Smashchu: Doc has been requested a bunch of times HERE even, and I can tell you from a personal standpoint that some people do want Pichu back.

And I mained Mewtwo. Like most, I was ****ed off when I found out Mewtwo was cut. Heck, my best characters were ALL 5 CUT CHARACTERS. I had to change everything, so no, cutting characters is not good.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
:mewtwomelee: literally is the most requested character not in Brawl here, there, and everywhere! As for :pichumelee: and :drmario:, if they had original movesets (and the latter had a similar play style maybe), few would complain. That would be especially true if :pichumelee: had the awesome moveset that I imagine it could have and I have explained several times (and I will again).
Zoroark would still be more primal/feral than the other playable Pokemon, (especially Lucario and Mewtwo) with potentially many "primal" attacks like biting, slashing, and clawing as part of its A moveset.
We've never really had a character with a moveset based around being primal/feral and/or using a claw.
I also think the Meloetta support won't match Zoroark's, but I am interested to see how Genesect goes over, in Smash speculation and in general, once he is fully revealed.
Meloetta support is gonna die eventually. As for Genesect, for whatever reason, Genesect's popular seems to remain. It kinda reminds me of Deoxys' support pre-Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, I noticed a lot of "anti-:roymelee:" people tend to not be so "anti-:roymelee:" if we bring up the idea of :roymelee: having an original moveset.

Just like "anti-:pichumelee:" and "anti-:drmario:" folks don't feel so strongly (or have a change of opinion in that scenario), but more so. Like WAYYY moreso. Cuz :roymelee: has t3h ph1r3!!! :chuckle:
People must think I'm Strong.
Weakling. BOW TO YOUR KNIGHTLY MASTER!!! :awesome: And shine my boots while you're at it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom