• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
What are people's thoughts on Takamaru?
Around Smash 64's development, Sakurai said that if Takamaru appeared in another game, he'd probably get into Smash. Takamaru later appeared in Samurai Warriors 3. So I think he's got a pretty good chance at making it in.

Source: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters (third on the list)
Takamaru definitely has a higher-than-50% chance of making it into SSB4. Sakurai has expressed interest in him; he has popularity and fan demand; he has made some recent cameo appearances in games; and he has moveset potential. SSBFan's blog provides a good summary of why Takamaru has such a good chance.

I, personally, would prefer another character over Takamaru, as IMO, he doesn't interest me, but he definitely should be considered in any SSB4 roster speculation.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh snap, I just read that Zelda won't be a princess in Skyward Sword and apparently Ganondorf won't be in this Zelda title. Dang, they really are changing it up!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Ganondorf will stay, he isn't going to be cut for a one time villain.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pretty sure Ganondorf will stay, he isn't going to be cut for a one time villain.
No, the article pretty much alludes he isn't in the game. It sets up for his appearance in Ocarina of Time in certain places.

"This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up," Aonuma said. "If you play it, I think you'll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you'll catch on to a lot of things."
Speaking of Ghirahim...

Aonuma also mentioned Ghiraham, a new villain who was introduced in a trailer earlier this year, will be a key figure in the story. Link will apparently fight him at several key points in the game, and after successive encounters he starts taking our hero more seriously, showing more of his true strength.

When the interviewer commented that this new baddie looks and acts pretty cool, much like a manga character, Aonuma laughed. "He's a bit 'anime', isn't he!" It turns out Ghiraham's cool act is only for show, though. He starts off acting very collected and aristocratic, but as Link continues to challenge him, he becomes much ruder. "I think he's a pretty good change of pace as bosses go, and he'll change gradually throughout the game," he said.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
No, the article pretty much alludes he isn't in the game. It sets up for his appearance in Ocarina of Time in certain places.
I mean in Smash, not in SS.
Heck, I'm glad. I thought Ganondorf's appearance in TP was disastrous, even though it had my favorite design of him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I mean in Smash, not in SS.
Heck, I'm glad. I thought Ganondorf's appearance in TP was disastrous.
Who said he has to replace him? If Ghirahim is actually a well developed character why not include him as well?

Guess what I just read? One of the big guys at Capcom USA just made a comment on the Megaman in Smash Bros thread over at Capcom Unity.

I'm not sure if I've posted on this thread, or another one, but I'd like for this to happen. We need NCL/Sakurai to ask our folks in Japan. I know they know the right people.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Takamaru definitely has a higher-than-50% chance of making it into SSB4. Sakurai has expressed interest in him; he has popularity and fan demand; he has made some recent cameo appearances in games; and he has moveset potential. SSBFan's blog provides a good summary of why Takamaru has such a good chance.

I, personally, would prefer another character over Takamaru, as IMO, he doesn't interest me, but he definitely should be considered in any SSB4 roster speculation.
I completely agree. While I definitely consider him A LOT more likely Takamaru than most characters, I really don't think he is special at all. I would prefer Lyn and Samurai Goroh as katana users over him, although I'd say Lyn has a better chance since Black Shadow would be the 2nd FZ rep.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Speaking of Ghirahim...
Even if he is a one-shot character, the de-confirmation of Ganondorf in Skyward Sword makes Ghirahim more likely. I honestly wouldn't mind a fifth Zelda character in SSB4 - provided Mario and Pokemon are both also bulked up to at least 5.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like Takamaru. I liked his game very much. It's like Zelda on steroids.

And a samurai character is always cool to have. Who better to represent a japan-only character than an actual samurai. (Though his use of shuriken, flying blades, and fire wheels makes me question his honorable status).

Anyway, I'm always up for more franchises as opposed to filling already represented franchises with more characters.
This is why SSB 64 felt so fresh. Yes, it had Luigi and Jigglypuff as second representatives, but at least they were unlockable. The rest of the cast were standalone characters.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I completely agree. While I definitely consider him A LOT more likely Takamaru than most characters, I really don't think he is special at all. I would prefer Lyn and Samurai Goroh as katana users over him, although I'd say Lyn has a better chance since Black Shadow would be the 2nd FZ rep.
I don't see what makes Takamaru so special either. To me, he just seems like a ho-hum katana user with some possible ninja influences.

I would like to ask, though, why you think Black Shadow has a better chance than Samurai Goroh. (at least, that's what I'm getting from your post)

Ithra

Smash Rookie
now here is an interesting question, who are the characters who have a sure fire shot of making it? who are very likly to make it into the next game?

P.S. Chris...... just don't........:glare:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't see what makes Takamaru so special either. To me, he just seems like a ho-hum katana user with some possible ninja influences.

I would like to ask, though, why you think Black Shadow has a better chance than Samurai Goroh. (at least, that's what I'm getting from your post)
Although Samurai Goroh is a more iconic to the F Zero franchise, Black Shadow is an actual villain and he wouldn't be another generic sword user which is what I fear Goroh would become. Also, Black Shadow has his own powers that he can use and a unique moveset would be very possible even though people always say that he would just be a Falcon clone for some reason. Plus, Black Shadow was mentioned twice in Sakurai's journal and Samurai Goroh wasn't mentioned at all.

@Ithra: I don't think any character is very likely. Characters like Ridley and K Rool have almost unanimous support but the whole "RIDLEY es 2 BIGGG HUEAHUEAHUEA" thing may actually work on Sakurai and who knows if he even knows who K Rool is, much less that he doesn't have 2 brothers. To be honest, and it makes me ****ing weep to say it, I would say that Megaman has the best chance out of any of the characters, and I don't even like Megaman even though he's in my roster. I'd say Little Mac, Isaac, and Saki are relatively close, but then again who knows. So there aren't any ridiculous shoe-ins this time like Diddy, Wario, Dedede, Olimar, etc.

TBone06

Smash Ace
now here is an interesting question, who are the characters who have a sure fire shot of making it? who are very likly to make it into the next game?

To be completely honest I think Little Mac is the biggest shoe in. But I also see Ridley being a safe bet. He's so popular and Metroid has a serious lack of characters. Issac is another safe bet. Saki from Sin and Punishment. I think those are the few who are as good as in. Although I could be totally wrong. It's tough to know at this point

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
The stupidity in this thread is overwhelming

I guess I won't be visiting this until we get some major news, because right now it's just hackneyed character discussions

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I'm gonna risk saying Little Mac, for starters. The guy has great chances of getting in.

Then it might be Saki. Because Sakurai even teased back when his assist trophy was revealed, that Saki was a popular choice in Japan.

He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!
H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!

Hoots

Can Be Combative

I guess I won't be visiting this until we get some major news, because right now it's just hackneyed character discussions
Eat a ****, pal. What SHOULD we be talking about? ZOMG WAVEDASH N L CANCEL 4 SMASH 4 PLZZZZZZ!!!!!!?

Anyways, about that whole Capcom thing. That is actually really cool. While I don't actually like Megaman at all; I figure he'd be at least mildly interesting and neat in Smash and of course there is always this amazing voice acting that helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_FSVWR6ZE

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

In my perception, Little Mac and Megaman are the most likely characters we'll get in SSB4. But as Hoots said, we don't really have a true shoo-in character this time.

Although Samurai Goroh is a more iconic to the F Zero franchise, Black Shadow is an actual villain and he wouldn't be another generic sword user which is what I fear Goroh would become. Also, Black Shadow has his own powers that he can use and a unique moveset would be very possible even though people always say that he would just be a Falcon clone for some reason. Plus, Black Shadow was mentioned twice in Sakurai's journal and Samurai Goroh wasn't mentioned at all.
Alright, I understand your reasoning. I still prefer Samurai Goroh for the role, but I accept Black Shadow as the other potential F-Zero rep.

Why did you even consider looking at this thread?

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
If somehow we managed to see some Super Mario RPG representation in the next Smash I'd love to see music other than just "Beware the Forest Mushrooms"
What do you think of Here's Some Weapons? One of my favorites from that game.

I have to agree, even thought I don't think we need Geno, the game at least deserves some representation from music.
Peach Kong said:
What are people's thoughts on Takamaru?
Around Smash 64's development, Sakurai said that if Takamaru appeared in another game, he'd probably get into Smash. Takamaru later appeared in Samurai Warriors 3. So I think he's got a pretty good chance at making it in.
His chances are very good and possibly the only Japanese/retro character with a good chance of getting in. Read my explanations on him here for why he's on my Top Ten list of most likely newcomers.
Reyairia said:
Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think we're getting that many new slots of already represented franchises. I can see K.Rool and Ridley getting in, and a couple of swaps. Other than that, I think it'll mainly be characters from franchises that hadn't made it in before. At least that's the way I see it.
So, what are your thoughts on the likelihood on the following characters?

- A 5th Mario rep {Bowser Jr./Toad/Paper Mario)
- Medusa
- Mega Man
- Little Mac
- Takamaru

These five IMO, have a very strong chance of getting in SSB4 as a playable character.
Ithra said:
There are no guarantees, but I would say that Ridley and Little Mac could count as "shoe-ins" (90% or more). IMO, they are the only ones near guarantee a spot in SSB4.]
Hoots said:
@Ithra: I don't think any character is very likely. Characters like Ridley and K Rool have almost unanimous support but the whole "RIDLEY es 2 BIGGG HUEAHUEAHUEA" thing may actually work on Sakurai and who knows if he even knows who K Rool is, much less that he doesn't have 2 brothers. To be honest, and it makes me ****ing weep to say it, I would say that Megaman has the best chance out of any of the characters, and I don't even like Megaman even though he's in my roster. I'd say Little Mac, Isaac, and Saki are relatively close, but then again who knows. So there aren't any ridiculous shoe-ins this time like Diddy, Wario, Dedede, Olimar, etc.
I gotta admit, coming from someone expecting at least 50 slots and me being the person only expecting 44 slots yet saying there are shoe-ins, I was very surprised by this statement. I think Sakurai said that only because he didn't try to get Ridley in SSBB as a playable character and did it to make up an excuse for putting him as a boss. He clearly acknowledge now that in order to avoid even further massive back lash, he must make Ridley playable. It's a shame that the trolls are trying to keep Ridley out with the stupid size argument and it really infuriates me that they would continue to use the same argument over and over again.

If you ask me, I would put the chances of Little Mac, Ridley, and Medusa above that of Mega Man, simply because Mega Man is third-party and that the three I've mentioned have either no real issue keeping them out (Little Mac, Ridley), or minor competition at most (Medusa). These are practically the definition of SSB4 shoe-ins, something that even Mega Man fails to acquire; and I'm someone who consider the Blue Bomber my all-time favorite video game character and most wanted for SSB4 (Classic version).
TBone06 said:
Issac is another safe bet. Saki from Sin and Punishment. I think those are the few who are as good as in. Although I could be totally wrong. It's tough to know at this point
Saki Amamiya I agree with (Not as a shoe-in, but still likely), Isaac, not so much. If Isaac gets in, he could be on the 3DS version and must be transferred to the Wii-U version as I doubt if they put him in only one version, it'll be on the Wii-U version. Plus he also has to worry about Matthew, his son, getting in over him. On the 3DS, he's very likely, on the Wii-U, it becomes questionable.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Even if he is a one-shot character, the de-confirmation of Ganondorf in Skyward Sword makes Ghirahim more likely. I honestly wouldn't mind a fifth Zelda character in SSB4 - provided Mario and Pokemon are both also bulked up to at least 5.
Yeah, I don't think so. No matter how important he may be in SS.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
(Unlikely, everyone important is already represented. Toad has better chances than Bowser Jr, since he at least has had a playable role lately)

- Medusa
High chances. They have the 3D model, they have the moves, the song, a possible stage, all recycled from Uprising, putting her in wouldn't be too complicated.

- Mega Man
Average chance. Sakurai did say there are a few issues with 3rd party characters, and Inafune is renegade from Capcom.

- Little Mac
Very high chance, if you ask me. An assist trophy, and a successful remake with rumors of a sequel? Shoe in.

- Takamaru
Has been making a lot of cameos in this generation (Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3). A personal favorite of Sakurai. Chances are now higher

roy_owns

Smash Lord
What are your guy's feelings on Krystal? I know Star Fox isn't something you think will have 4 roster spots. But she could have a great move set from Star Fox Adventures.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
So, what are your thoughts on the likelihood on the following characters?

Possible, but not a shoe-in by any means. It's really hard to tell but I don't think there'll be a new rep. Strangely enough, I think Paper Mario is the most likely.

I kinda mentioned something in an earlier post

Well I kind of mentioned this a couple years ago in the Brawl speculation time but I felt it was worth a re-mention.

I've kind of noticed that there seems to be a trend regarding what characters are added to Smash. It goes like this

Protagonist (Retro games, Yoshi's Island, Sonic, MetalGear, WarioWare, Pikmin)
Protagonist + Ally (Donkey Kong, I figure ZSamus counts as an ally so Metroid too I guess)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain (Kirby, StarFox)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 (Mario)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 + Different incarnation of protagonist (LoZ) - if you want to count Sheik and Zelda as different characters. If not it goes to the last one,

Can't be too sure of the last two since those two franchises are the only examples.

Stil, seems to be the trend when it comes to what characters get added. So I'm pretty sure that if DK gets a new rep, it'll definitely be K.Rool, etc.

The only exceptions are the games that don't have recurring protagonists, like FireEmblem and the Mother series. But heck, even Pokemon followed the trend until Brawl

- Pikachu (P) + Jigglypuff (A) + Mewtwo (V) + Pichu (A2)

And could easily go back to it if indeed Lucario gets replaced with Zoroark.

What do you guys think?
Villains seem to always be the 3rd rep in Smash games, so it means that if Medusa is in, KI is getting three reps. And I think that's unlikely. I haven't played KI yet, but I figure that an ally would get in before Medusa does.

- Mega Man
Very possible. His creator has already expressed interest in Smash bros., and Megaman is very popular in Japan. He's not a shoe-in simply on the basis of being 3rd party, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got in.

- Little Mac
Highly likely. He was an AT in Brawl and just got a new game.

- Takamaru
I literally don't know anything about Takamaru, so I can't comment at all on him.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
What are your guy's feelings on Krystal? I know Star Fox isn't something you think will have 4 roster spots. But she could have a great move set from Star Fox Adventures.
I don't like Krystal as a character but I feel like she deserves to be in Smash 4. I mean, she's the only character from SF that would be an easy non clone and could have a very unique moveset.

Going off topic, no matter what you think of Professor Layton as a character, you have to admit that Sakurai NEEDS to put this song in!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA

Please click, listen, and be amazed.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
About Krystal... how big is the rumor that she might get a retcon as many don't see her somewhat important nowadays?

D

Deleted member

I would actually like to see Krystal in the game because Star Fox needs a character that isn't a clone (Even The Legend of Zelda has two unique players) and if it means making another slot for an unique character and giving her an unique move set, I will certainly welcome her into the game. She also has high support, despite being controversial (Then again, so is Ridley) and Star Fox has a trend of getting in a new character every gen. However, I think the trend of new Star Fox characters per game may stop with Brawl because she faces major relevancy issues. Unless a Star Fox game not the 3DS remake is announced very quickly, her chances are mediocre. I wouldn't completely rule her out, but don't expect her.

@shinhed-echi: Heavily disagree with your "A fifth Mario rep is unlikely" theory. I would actually say it's near guarantee, considering that we have at least three major Mario characters with potentials to be unique. Considering that this is Mario's biggest franchise and I am almost completely sure at least one series will get five playable characters, I can see at least Mario getting five. They got one in Melee and I'm think they'll get another one in SSB4, except this time, not get removed in SSB5 or future installments.

@Reyairia: LOL, that's me, not Java. Personally, in terms of Mario reps, I think in terms of likeliness, it goes Bowser Jr. > Paper Mario > Toad, but that's just me.

As for that vilian pattern, you do have a point and I do agree with this theory, but I can easily see it being broken in SSB4 since I consider Medusa the most likely candidate and if she gets in and not Palutena/Magnus, we can no longer use the villain theory anymore. So Medusa's inclusion may very well decide whenever or not the villain theory stays, although to be fair, it's also why I think a third Kid Icarus rep stands a decent chance.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA

Please click, listen, and be amazed.
*Eargasms*

I've only played The Curious Village out of the entire series and I loved it. Layton must be represented in SSB4 as a fighter (with a Toby AT) or as a AT himself. Anything less will be enraging.

As for Krystal, I heard that the amount of success the Star Fox 64 remake for 3DS get will determine if Nintendo will continue producing new Star Fox games. So I believe Krystal inclusion is based on that

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
About Krystal... how big is the rumor that she might get a retcon as many don't see her somewhat important nowadays?
We haven't heard of her nowdays because the only Star Fox news we've gotten is SF64 3D. :D

I never heard of that rumor, only wishful thinking from people. Of course, I'd prefer if they take Star Fox Adventures, and turn its setting into a real Star Fox game. Though, for what it's worth, I did enjoy SFA, but for a one time thing only.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
We haven't heard of her nowdays because the only Star Fox news we've gotten is SF64 3D. :D

I never heard of that rumor, only wishful thinking from people. Of course, I'd prefer if they take Star Fox Adventures, and turn its setting into a real Star Fox game. Though, for what it's worth, I did enjoy SFA, but for a one time thing only.
My guess is that people don't see her as a true SF character, considering she was made by Rare for an original game by them (Dinosaur Planet); she had originally a western design, plus... well... certian fans of her are... well... furr... but right now that is not important.

Also; has anyone noticed that Ghirahim's name is similar to Agahnim's?

D

Deleted member

roy_owns said:
As for Krystal, I heard that the amount of success the Star Fox 64 remake for 3DS get will determine if Nintendo will continue producing new Star Fox games. So I believe Krystal inclusion is based on that
It also depends on how fast the new game gets announced and if Krystal is in it. If that doesn't happen, her chances will either stay the same or go down to unlikely.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@shinhed-echi: Heavily disagree with your "A fifth Mario rep is unlikely" theory. I would actually say it's near guarantee, considering that we have at least three major Mario characters with potentials to be unique. Considering that this is Mario's biggest franchise and I am almost completely sure at least one series will get five playable characters, I can see at least Mario getting five. They got one in Melee and I'm sure they'll get another one in SSB4, except this time, not get removed.
The only likely character I could see from Mario is Toad.

Didn't Pokemon already fill 6 playable characters? (Because Pokemon Trainer doesn't count, as he isn't the playable one. Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard are)

My reasoning for no 5th character is that... Well we didn't get one in Brawl to begin with. What ATs did we get? Hammer Bro, Lakitu, and Waluigi.

And while I'd love to play as Toad sometime, I just don't think Sakurai's attitude this time around will allow him to add a Mario character, just for the heck of it. :p

Who knows, that's just my take on it. I don't really care about innovation, I just wanted a new game with more characters. :D

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Also, I remember that for Star Fox 2, Farrah Phoenix was going to be playable. And she was Fox's love interest in the SF comic. Maybe they also see Krystal as an usurpator over Farrah.

Some say Kat, but she seemed more attracted to Falco.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
@Reyairia: LOL, that's me, not Java. Personally, in terms of Mario reps, I think in terms of likeliness, it goes Bowser Jr. > Paper Mario > Toad, but that's just me.
Woops, my bad.
For me it's Paper Mario > Bowser Jr = Toad. More or less.

As for that vilian pattern, you do have a point and I do agree with this theory, but I can easily see it being broken in SSB4 since I consider Medusa the most likely candidate and if she gets in and not Palutena/Magnus, we can no longer use the villain theory anymore. So Medusa's inclusion may very well decide whenever or not the villain theory stays, although to be fair, it's also why I think a third Kid Icarus rep stands a decent chance.
It could easily be broken, yeah, but it's followed through on all three smash games for the most part and it does make a lot of sense for Sakurai to keep following it.
So I'm going to deem Medusa as Very Unlikely, though not impossible. I don't think KI deserves three reps.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've wanted her in for nearly a decade now. Here's the moveset I made for her yesterday that was highly well received.

KRYSTAL

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]B: Fire Blaster
Krystal shoots a Fireball with small knockback from her staff. However, by holding B, you can hold the charge and have a stronger, in general fireball. The main purpose for this attack is for zoning and scaring your opponent that you’ll shoot a fireball.

Side B: Ice Spray
Shoots a spray of ice from her staff. While Krystal is in any part of the startup or while it’s active, Krystal can adjust her aim. This is used as an anti-air, keep-out attack, or an edge guard move. Over time, the range of the spray decreases. If the spray is done at point blank, however, the opponent will be frozen.

Down B: Quake
Krystal strikes her staff to the ground to create a localized shockwave, there are three “points” where the shockwave will rise. This depends on your directional input. If you hold back during the startup, the shockwave will be close to you, while holding forward goes for max range. Holding just down or neutral lands between the two points. Useful for countering camping, or like the fireball, scaring the opponent. This attack is also jump cancelable. This attack does not work in the air for obvious reasons.

Up B: Rocket Boost
Krystal raises her staff and flies up. Doing straight Up causes her to go up vertically while Up-Left and Up-Right will cause her to travel in those directions. Like’s Snake’s Cipher recovery, Krystal can exit out of the recovery.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Ground attacks."]AAA: Krystal does a forward jab with her staff high, then low, and then does two kicks.
FTilt: Swings her staff downward. A good poke.
DTilt: Krystal crouches and sticks her staff out, this is her best poke.
Up Tilt: Like Pit’s UTiltt, but has two types of hits. If the opponent is next to you as you hit, the move has more knockback and damage, but the longer range attack has less knockback and damage.
FSmash: Krystal raises the staff behind her and drops the staff like an axe.
DSmash: Krystal places her staff to the ground, spins around and then does a downward double kick to the opponent. This has good horizontal knockback, but poor vertical knockback. This is best used for tech chasing or as an edgeguard.
USmash: Krystal holds her staff like a baseball with the charge going to her staff’s head. She swings upward. Unlike the above attack, this has poor horizontal knockback, but good vertical knockback.
Wakeup Attack: Like AA, but the second hit goes behind her.
Ledge Attack: Climbs and does a quick, weaker version of her FTilt
100% Ledge Attack: Weaker version of her DSmash
Dash Attack: Lunges her staff forward.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerials"]NAir: Spins once with her staff horizontally.
FAir: Spins once with her staff vertically. The range, unlike her NAir, goes far in front instead of covering both sides.
DAir: Pokes directly below her.
UAir: Extends her staff 30 degrees upward to the direction she’s facing.[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse="Throws"]Pummel: Knees the opponent.
FThrow: Lunges at them in the stomach.
BThrow: Stomps on their foot, uses the staff to push them behind by their neck moving them behind her, and then kicks them.
DThrow: Tosses them to the ground, does a quick jump and spin of the staff above her, land with her staff lying, hitting the opponent and causing a ground bounce.
UThrow: Punches the opponent and then uses the staff like a shovel to launch the opponent.[/collapse]

Playstyle: Krystal is a character that excels greatly at mid-range combat thanks to her range while having her Fire Blaster and Quake as zoning backup. Your objective with Krystal is to scare the opponent with these projectiles while being close enough to poke in for damage. Her preferred way to K.O. is horizontally. Her attacks don’t do the greatest knockback aside from a few so use her aerial pokes, Ice Blast and potentially other attacks for edgeguarding the opponent which she is also good at.

I'm not including stats like speed and whatever because there's a number of traits involve and I don't feel like thinking much about those.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well since my last stage concept didn't seem to go over so well with people. I'll try again with another idea that may fare better this time. Hard to say, but ready or not here comes my second third party stage suggestion.

GASP!!! No Dr. Wily's Tower?! Nope, my Megaman stage choice is going to be the Robot Master Museum stage from Megaman 7. Except the design will be expanded upon and obviously have recent Robot Masters in the background as well as many old. Through the windows you'll be able to look out upon a futuristic city and even be able to see the giant skyscraper from Megaman 2! Atop the ceiling is a gaping hole from where Dr. Wily broke through in Megaman 7. At points throughout the match you will be able to look up and see Wily's saucer flying about the air with Wily himself in view. You will also see explosions every now and then from within the city where Wily is attacking, a throwback to the many intros throughout the Megaman series. Metools will walk back and forth along the bottom floor of the background. To and fro minding their own business.

Since Megaman 7 there has been a little addition to the museum... A Wily archive machine! Way in the back beyond all the encapsulated Robot Masters is a giant LCD screen and one diamond shaped machine. You will see the LCD flicker before turning on, once it does pay attention to whose image appears on screen! The machine will fly out from the background and onto the stage and perform the corresponding Robot Master's ability. The abilities will be the same ones as seen in Megaman 10. Except adding a Megaman 10 Robot Master ability, which will be Solar Blaze. The machine will jump around like Solarman and drop balls of heat, which, as they hit a platform or the floor will explode into two crescent waves going left and right.

Stage Example:

..............___.............___
.....___...............................___

Stage Name - Robot Museum
Stage Icon - Megaman helmet

Megaman and Bass - Robot Museum
Megaman - Cutman
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 - Toadman (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Protoman's Fortress (Darkman Stage)
Megaman 6 - Mr. X (Complete Works)
Megaman 7 - Shademan
Megaman 8 - Electrical Communication
Megaman 9 - Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxyman)
Megaman 10 - Against the Pressure (though I really want this version!)
Megaman 2 - Robot Master Medley

Ugh... This has to have been the most heart wrenching decision I've had to make yet. Picking only 12 Megaman tracks kills me as so many good ones are absent. But leaving personal bias aside (as much as I can anyways) I made the choices that offered the most variety and fit the stage. All while retaining the classics. Let me know what you think, I already know I'm going to be slammed for my music choices. Hopefully not too much... If anyone is new and interested in viewing some of my older concepts click the link in my signature. It'll take you to the blog where I've been archiving them.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well since my last stage concept didn't seem to go over so well with people. I'll try again with another idea that may fare better this time. Hard to say, but ready or not here comes my second third party stage suggestion.

GASP!!! No Dr. Wily's Tower?! Nope, my Megaman stage choice is going to be the Robot Master Museum stage from Megaman 7. Except the design will be expanded upon and obviously have recent Robot Masters in the background as well as many old. Through the windows you'll be able to look out upon a futuristic city and even be able to see the giant skyscraper from Megaman 2! Atop the ceiling is a gaping hole from where Dr. Wily broke through in Megaman 7. At points throughout the match you will be able to look up and see Wily's saucer flying about the air with Wily himself in view. You will also see explosions every now and then from within the city where Wily is attacking, a throwback to the many intros throughout the Megaman series. Metools will walk back and forth along the bottom floor of the background. To and fro minding their own business.

Since Megaman 7 there has been a little addition to the museum... A Wily archive machine! Way in the back beyond all the encapsulated Robot Masters is a giant LCD screen and one diamond shaped machine. You will see the LCD flicker before turning on, once it does pay attention to whose image appears on screen! The machine will fly out from the background and onto the stage and perform the corresponding Robot Master's ability. The abilities will be the same ones as seen in Megaman 10. Except adding a Megaman 10 Robot Master ability, which will be Solar Blaze. The machine will jump around like Solarman and drop the balls of hit, which, as they hit a platform or the floor will explode into two crescent waves going left and right.

Stage Example:

..............___.............___
.....___...............................___

Stage Name - Robot Museum
Stage Icon - Megaman helmet

Megaman - Cutman
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 - Toadman (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Protoman's Fortress (Darkman Stage)
Megaman 6 - Knightman (Complete Works)
Megaman 7 - Shademan
Megaman 8 - Electrical Communication
Megaman 9 - Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxyman)
Megaman 10 - Against the Pressure (though I really want this version!)
Megaman 2 - Robot Master Medley
Megaman 3 - Title Theme

Ugh... This has to have been the most heart wrenching decision I've had to make yet. Picking only 12 Megaman tracks kills me as so many good ones are absent. But leaving personal bias aside (as much as I can anyways) I made the choices that offered the most variety and fit the stage. All while retaining the classics. Let me know what you think, I already know I'm going to be slammed for my music choices. Hopefully not too much... If anyone is new and interested in viewing some of my older concepts click the link in my signature. It'll take you to the blog where I've been archiving them.
Roll's Theme Kaze wo Tuskinukette would be a good themet too. :D

And for megaman 10 I would've chosen Nitro Man's stage.
Megaman 9 is a b**** to choose because all of its tracks are incredible. Special mentions go to Tornado Man, Splash Woman, Hornet Man, and Concrete Man. Flash in the Dark, and especially We Are The Robots.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I also agree, that the Robot Museum would be an interesting stage for Mega Man, specially with it, it can make possible many cameos.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Roll's Theme Kaze wo Tuskinukette would be a good themet too. :D

And for megaman 10 I would've chosen Nitro Man's stage.
Megaman 9 is a b**** to choose because all of its tracks are incredible. Special mentions go to Tornado Man, Splash Woman, Hornet Man, and Concrete Man. Flash in the Dark, and especially We Are The Robots.
Trust me I know. Choosing Megaman tracks is like choosing between children, just can't do it. :'(

I chose Against the Pressure because it has a great feel that sets it apart from other Megaman tracks and is a strong song to battle to. Plus it is one of the more popular tracks. So it seemed like the best fit for my stage concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom