• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Metal: Fun idea. Characters could comment to it also like in Uprising.

:phone:
All of the characters laughing, and interactivity based on personality(like Bowser getting angry when people laugh at his screw-ups, then getting over it when the Mario Bros. screw up)? I'd love that. Add voices like Mario Power Tennis, and it's golden.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, when I get a 3DS, I'm probably picking up Dillon's Rolling Western.

That being said, after watching a Gameplay video...I'm scared. If what it says at 2:20 is true...I fear for Muddy. That could take away his entire potential gimmick...

*Crosses Fingers for Muddy*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SK_l87YDmw

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, Impa has now become an Ice Climber rip off? Am I not being clear enough that tag team attacks only would work for a few moves? Switching in between moves is nothing that has been done before, or is anything that any other potential candidate would do.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So, when I get a 3DS, I'm probably picking up Dillon's Rolling Western.

That being said, after watching a Gameplay video...I'm scared. If what it says at 2:20 is true...I fear for Muddy. That could take away his entire potential gimmick...

*Crosses Fingers for Muddy*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SK_l87YDmw
That could be a problem... Shoot. :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't stop. Won't stop.

Might as well ask everyone else to drop their character. :/ Just won't happen.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I finished those story mode ideas now, for those who are interested. Link in the sig. Excuse me, I'm going to go lose consciousness now.

Or maybe my link isn't in the sig. Dammit.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You do not have to quote somebody. Just do not use the quick reply box. Otherwise your sig will not show.

See.

V

Nada

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You don't have to quote someone, your post just has to be long enough iirc. But I dunno if they changed it I use mobile 99% of the time and sigs don't show anyway.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Breadbug, you gotta quote someone's post in order for your sig to show up for some stupid reason

Just informin' a brotha, is all :)
Wow, that's silly. And thanks muchly, both for the information and the quote I needed. Funny how that worked out. :D

On that note, are any Chrome (as in the Browser) users having trouble? Every time I hit "Submit" I get thrown to an unresponsive white screen. I have to try several times before I can post something.

Quickly, to the Firefox!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I tried using Post Reply instead of Quick Reply more than once and it didn't work even one time for me (when I actually had a sig to show, of course) :/

This **** is confusing LOL

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm posting a wall of text in the quick reply box and the show sig box is checked. Let me know if my sig shows and if it does let me know what it is XD.

The OFFICIAL Bomberman for Brawl Thread

Welcome to the Bomberman 4 Brawl thread. Bomberman is a good choice for Brawl, because of his great moveset possiblities, and overall potential as a playable character.
His chances of getting in are pretty good because of Hudson's (the developer for the Mario Party titles) ties with Nintendo.

Current members of the Bomb Squad:

RDK
Lord_Deathborne
Cubelarooso
DJ Napps
~N9NE~
IllidR
Gerudo Warrior
GigaBowser
Tails 4 Brawl
Patinator
Rubydragon
Sabrewulf238
Project_05
Blade Knight
Andy4Brawl911
Zero Suit Falcon
Aguasatori
DarkVision
Foe
FlyingShooster
IsmaR
Foz

Quote:
OysterMeister: I've always wanted Bomberman in Brawl, but after seeing those costumes I've determined that I also want Bomberman in my pants.
Quote:
~N9NE~: Bomberman smells of the charred remains of his enemies. Simon Belmont smells of garlic.
Anti-Bomberman Arguments Countered

1. All he does is throw bombs.

What else do you want him to do? Conduct an army of ants? Use an axe? His name is Bomberman. To say that Bomberman won't be in Brawl because all he would use are bombs is sheer ignorance. That's who he is, bombs are his being. Of course, if he's going to be in Brawl he's going to use bombs, and if he didn't use bombs, it wouldn't feel right because that wouldn't be Bomberman. Who would be stupid enough to include Bomberman, then deprive him of his bombs? That would be the most illogical move in the history of the world. In fact, using bombs sets him apart from the other characters and would therefore add more variety to the Brawl roster, something everyone wants.

And it’s hardly like the confirmed characters have the most eclectic movesets ever. It’s not like Sonic only uses his spindash…..

Oh, wait…

2. Megaman, Geno, etc. are more deserving of the last 3rd-party slot.

Bomberman deserves to occupy a third party slot. A gaming icon with a long history on Nintendo consoles, he would be a perfect third party inclusion. The thing that benefits Bomberman the most is that Hudson and Nintendo have a great relationship. Their relationship is tighter then Captain Falcon’s attire. Hudson are trusted by Nintendo to the level that Nintendo allowed them to develop the Mario Party series. If that’s not a good relationship, tell me what is. The fact that Nintendo and Hudson work so closely together means that Bomberman could easily be given permission to be in Brawl without any major difficulties. It would not only benefit Brawl and Nintendo, but increase awareness of upcoming Bomberman and Hudson titles. Bomberman also appeals to all markets, with several Japanese only releases. Acquiring Bomberman from Hudson would be easier for Nintendo then adding other third party characters.

Bomberman is a logical third party inclusion. He has SSB-style gaming experience after appearing in DreamMix TV World Fighters for the GameCube. No other third party character other then Bomberman has appeared on a SSB style game on a Nintendo console except for Snake, and look where he is now.

‘But Megaman is more popular.’

Popularity is not the only influencing factor when it comes to character inclusion. When it comes to third party characters company relationships must be taken into account. Nintendo have a very good relationship with Hudson. Therefore to get their consent to use Bomberman in Brawl would not be a laborious task. However, getting Megaman from Capcom would be significantly harder to carry out. Therefore Bomberman has every chance of being included, due to the ease with which he could be acquired. Furthermore, who says there will only be one more third party character? Both Bomberman and Megaman could get in.

‘Geno was in a Mario game.’

Bomberman also appeared in a Nintendo game, namely Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! which was released in 1994 on Game Boy. In the game, Wario one day stumbles upon Bomberman's world, and, being the greedy sort he is, decides to loot it for his own gain. Bomberman is the only one that stands between Wario and the complete decimation of his world.

He’s appeared in titles with Nintendo characters, has SSB style experience and his company have an excellent relationship with Nintendo. He would be perfect as one of the third party inclusions.

BOMBERMAN APPEARANCES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES

Bomberman, 1987, NES

Atomic Punk, 1991, Game Boy

Bomberman II, 1992, NES

Super Bomberman, 1993, SNES

Super Bomberman 2, 1994, SNES

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!, 1994, Game Boy
[Known as Bomberman GB in Japan]

Super Bomberman, 1995, Super Famicom

Panic Bomber, 1995, Virtual Boy

Super Bomberman 3, 1995, SNES

Bomberman GB 2, 1995, Game Boy
[Known as Bomberman GB in North America]

Bomberman GB 3, 1996, Game Boy (Japan Only)

Super Bomberman 4, 1996, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Bomberman 64, 1997, N64

Super Bomberman 5, 1997, Super Famicom (Japan Only)

Bomberman Hero, 1998, N64

Pocket Bomberman, 1998, Game Boy / Game Boy Color

Bomberman Quest, 1999, Game Boy Color

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, 2000, N64

Bomberman Max, 2000, Game Boy Color

Bomberman 64, 2001, N64 (Japan only)
[Not related to 1997 release]

Bomberman Tournament, 2001, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Jetters, 2002, Gamecube

Bomberman Max 2, 2002, Game Boy Advance

Bomberman Jetters, 2002, Game Boy Advance (Japan Only)

DreamMix TV: World Fighters, 2003, Gamecube + PS2 (Japan Only)

Bomberman Generation, 2003, Gamecube

Bomberman Land 2, 2003, GameCube (Japan Only)

Bomberman DS, 2005, Nintendo DS

Hudson Best Collection Vol. 1 - Bomberman Collection, 2005, Game Boy Advance (Japan Only)

Bomberman Land Touch!, 2006, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Story DS, 2007, Nintendo DS

Bomberman Land Wii, 2007, Wii

Bomberman Land Touch! 2, Jan. 2008, Nintendo DS

Bomberman (Wii), TBA, Wii (WiiWare)

VVV Then yea your post just has to be long enough.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Huh, I didn't even notice the Show Sig box. Yaaaaay, now things are significantly less confusing.

EDIT: HOLY GOD IT ISN'T WORKING AND I TICKED THE BOX AND EVERYTHING. So you're saying a post has to be so long before my sig will appear from Quick Replies, even if I tick the box?

I would put a wall of all caps letters to show my sig, but that would be spammy.

EDIT MKII: Oh, looks like the threshold is three double-spaced lines.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link is already the Bomberman of Smash. I don't want Bomberman to get in the way of an established character.

Am I doing this right guys? <_<

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No, Diddy, it just sounds like a weak attempt at being condescending/clever

Breadbug, I'm only halfway throught this thing, and I gotta say: these are some REALLY cool ideas you got, dude. Seriously, props to you on them, especially the whole "Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Ancient Minister" thing you got goin' on

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's better than what the pro-Sheik argumenters come up with... :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotta reflect back sometime.

Am not butthurt, just heart broken :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm actually cool with Bomberman, and actually cool with the idea of Link not using bombs. Say whut?

Actually, I really, really, don't want Link to have bombs in Smash 4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would that apply to Toon Link as well?

Daroach

Smash Cadet
Isn't Hudson already on its way out the door?

I mean I like Bomberman, but it's kinda hard to justify his inclusion when he ends up in Konami's hands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd like the Skyward Strike/Sword Beam, personally, if I had to choose. Pretty iconic move for Link, I suppose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, perfect for a new Side B. Nobody likes the Gale Boomerang anyway. Shield bash for Down B and Link might finally be sort of useful.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Isn't Hudson already on its way out the door?

I mean I like Bomberman, but it's kinda hard to justify his inclusion when he ends up in Konami's hands.
Yea bomberman isn't likely in any sense because of his recent plight but I still want him.

Metal we need to make a collection of those kind of gifs.

Diddy that's better. *lowers back hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom