• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Metal's Link

@Diddy: Yo, yo **** you kid. I have good short and long term memory.

@HF: THATS LAME

@Young: A skype sounds better but I guess a chatroom is fine...>____>
Jokes on me man. I have good short term memory, just not short enough nah mean? Last week could've been 4 months a go, but 2006 is as easy to remember as about 8 months. Get my complex? :scared:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aaaaaaaw yeah. By the way, before we get into SSB4 discussions and Golden Sun shenanigans again, do you have a Google+ account? Some of us do hangouts rather consistently, like me, WD, GL, and Icy. You should join us. <3

Also, since we're talking about making a Skype group for the thread, I'd totally be down for that.
Send me an invitation bro <3 will check it out. Though, heard it's even worse than Fb?

Yo I even got my Isaac moveset around here still. Will post it up later for ya.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I have so many damn Skype accounts. This one was going to be Lhym8, but it yelled at me to add more characters.

If you're thinking of adding me, you're going to have to suffer though typing in this stretch of characters

Lhym8nFinite

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@TRIHI: I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THAT ****! My rebuttal my skype group topic is on topic because it is relating to the thread, the thread is on topic because we assume inside the thread for it to on topic, or the thread wouldn't have a topic at all. So this is on topic, it will also give a chance to keep the off-topicness you speak of, out of here.
??? I'm not sure that I completely understand. :laugh:

Anyway I'm not trying to be a nag, I just wanted to see what was going on with everybody. But for now I have some work to do to. Later.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Send me an invitation bro <3 will check it out. Though, heard it's even worse than Fb?

Yo I even got my Isaac moveset around here still. Will post it up later for ya.
Well, it's definitely a lot simpler than FB. The only real advantages so far are Hangouts and the way circles are implemented, but it's definitely worth checking into just fo the Hangouts. They're basically group Skype sessions lol. What's your e-mail?

Ninja, almost as soon as you got here, this thread got HYPE, so you definitely should stick around LOL
I'll definitely try. <33333333333333

Nice to meet ya GNinja! Horsetail, expert on obscure/japan-only Nintendo-games- I assume you're expert on Golden Sun? (-lwl-)?
Yeah, Golden Sun is my favorite series of all time haha. Nice to meet you too bro, obscure/Japan-only Nintendo games are something I take interest in too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Going to the gym in 15 minutes or so though. Legs day. :glare: You still been going Iblis?
See, remembered that!

Will send my email to you in a PM dude

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Was Impa even in the CD-i games? I think she was...
She was...as an old *** hag

Ninja, almost as soon as you got here, this thread got HYPE, so you definitely should stick around LOL
This is true

I have so many damn Skype accounts. This one was going to be Lhym8, but it yelled at me to add more characters.

If you're thinking of adding me, you're going to have to suffer though typing in this stretch of characters

Lhym8nFinite
I got you

@Diddy: Yes I have haha

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Am I the only one who prefer Brawl's CPU to Melee's CPU?
Frankly, the Brawl level 1's are anything BUT puny. Here's a post that I made on a blog, regarding this topic...

Probably my biggest wish is to adjust the difficulty of the CPU. For some examples...

Melee Level 1 = Smash 4 Level 1
Brawl Level 1 = Smash 4 Level 3
Brawl Level 3 = Smash 4 Level 5
Melee Level 9 = Smash 4 Level 7
Brawl Level 9 = Smash 4 Level 9
Based on my research and findings (as well as SOME degree of biasness), here is my latest Roster.

No 5th generation support is a downer, especially when the Pokemon roster is focusing way too much on the 1st generation. Also, before considering Medusa, Palutena should come first.

Basically, some ups and some downs on your inputs.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Going to the gym in 15 minutes or so though. Legs day. :glare: You still been going Iblis?
See, remembered that!

Will send my email to you in a PM dude
DUDE I LOVE THE GYM

I worked out my legs two days ago, yesterday was my chest. I'm still debating whether or not to go today, since nearly my entire body is sore right now. I might do some abs and shoot some hoops.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Metal Overlord said:
Judging by all the videos he posted, I think Iblis wants me to STFU :(
Don't mind him, he's just cranky cuz he didn't get the bottle yet.

He'll be suckin on that thumb, sleep in no time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
GSNinja: I see, hohoo! I'm quite versed on them, especially Legendary Starfy/Densetsu No Stafy. I've been supporting Starf for Smash since 2007...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She was...as an old *** hag
No doubt she was a hot stunna in her youth though :woman:

Yeah the gym. Great to spend time at otherwise wasted
trying to convince peoplew why Impa>Sheik (in a relevancy, importance way, and as sport for Smash) and Chrome being extremely likely cause of FE13 for 3DS
- but I got this shoulder thing going on for longer than a month already :/

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
GSNinja: I see, hohoo! I'm quite versed on them, especially Legendary Starfy/Densetsu No Stafy. I've been supporting Starf for Smash since 2007...
Starfy would be trippy as balls. I would totally use him right away if he's ever included.

No doubt she was a hot stunna in her youth though :woman:

Yeah the gym. Great to spend time at otherwise wasted
trying to convince peoplew why Impa>Sheik (in a relevancy, importance way, and as sport for Smash) and Chrome being extremely likely cause of FE13 for 3DS
- but I got this shoulder thing going on for longer than a month already :/
Haha. <3 By shoulder thing, you mean it's bothering you or whatever? One of my friends is experiencing something like that, he hasn't been able to work out much because his right shoulder's been pestering him for a while now.

Last thing before I try to go "on-topic"

Ninja, are you a fan of Dragon Ball?
Not a huge fan. I mean I like it, but I don't actively follow it anymore.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Based on my research and findings (as well as SOME degree of biasness), here is my latest Roster.

Here is my review of your roster.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser: I agree that they will return.
Toad: I personally do not think that Toad will get in. Sakurai has twice regulated Toad to a special move. I believe Toad is better at defining Peach rather than being his own character. With that said, that does not mean that Toad will not get in. Having a 3dS game as well might help his chances. Still not a bad choice on your part.

DK, Diddy: I agree.
King K. Rool: I hope he gets in. Dixie's time might have passed since she did not get in with Diddy as a tag team character. That leaves K. Rool. He has been absent in awhile, but has flavor. This depends on Sakurai's bias. I will say he has a 50/50 shot of getting in. Good choice.

I agree on Yoshi and Wario with no additions for their franchises.

Link series gets murky. I agree on Link, Zelda/Sheik, Gannondorf. While I have my own bias against Toon Link, Sakurai has expressed the importance of having a young link as well (maybe hinting at the released official timeline of the series). So I agree that Toon Link is highly probable.

I disagree on Toon Zelda/Tetra. I think Toon Zelda/Sheik was considered. But this would have most likely been a clone/semi-clone and the idea was dismissed. I suppose a Tingle or Ghirahim (rooting for this guy) would fit the bill a little better.

In conclusion I agree with the number of slots, but disagree on Toon Zelda/Tetra.

Samus I agree with. I can see the little Zamus icon in the same square. I agree with her as well. Dark Samus is an easier villain to incorporate than Ridley. Sakurai joked about Ridley having to be really, really slow in order to be included and I suspect that because of the realistic nature of the Metroid series, he is not allowed to resize Ridley. This is tricky. I give Dark Samus a 25/75 chance of being a new character. But still it is a good guess. Sakurai wants to add to the Metroid series, but there is a lack of reasonable characters that he thinks could meld into the Smash World.

Pit I agree with. Glad to see this roster only including one other Kid Icarus character. Medusa is more likely than Palutena in my opinion. Palutena has overlaps with Pit. Fairly good choice on slots and character pick.

There was a reference to Saki's AT being "playable character-like" on the Dojo. Saki's game also had a sequel. I agree that he (or his son) is very likely to take up one slot for their franchise.

Kirby and Earth Bound will not get any new additions. I agree. Sakurai has the revamped Icarus series to pluck a revamped character design of his if he wants to add one of his creations (re-creations).

Star Fox is tricky. I agree all three will return. Will krystal be added? Star Fox is a dying franchise. Miyamato joked that if the next Star Fox re-release did not generate sells, he would cancel the series. I think he was serious. I think just the remaining three is a safe bet.

Captain Falcon, Yes! Not sure who the guy below him is. I don't think another F-Zero slot will get in. Not sure about Mach Rider. Maybe if Wario did not get a motor cycle, and maybe if Captain Falcon didn't already take bounty hunter, race car driver. I will disagree with this slot if it is Black Bull or Mach Rider.

Pokemon is a hard guess. Yes to Jiggs and Pikachu. I think the trainer will return (but with the newest starters). Still good guess. Will Mewtwo return? Hard to say. 50/50 on this. But not Lucario in my opinion. My guess is that he will be replaced by a Black/White posterchild. So I agree mostly with the number of slots. Maybe one too many, but maybe not. Fairly good guesses.

Fire Emblem is another tough one. I agree with Marth and Ike. Both represent different strategies. Finess versus overwhelming power. I think a third FE could appear, but he or she would be a clone/ semi-clone of either Marth or Ike. Still good guesses.

Issacc for Golden Sun? Why not. He certainly offers a fun moveset. Purely for flavor reasons he should be added. Will he be? 60/40 perhaps.

Takamaru. Sakurai likes him, but wonders if he would be known outside of Japan. Possible. He does complete the early characters. Samus, Pit, Link, Takamaru. I will say yes, I agree.

Ice Climbers, GW, R.O.B: Agreed. Each represent a part of Nintendo and have flavorful unique moves.

Olimar, I agree.

No to Little Mac. Sakurai mentioned that he did not like characters that could only punch. Little Mac is as bland as can be. I just don't think he would inspire Sakurai to give him a moveset. Disagree.

Snake and Sonic. Snake is one of the most unique, flavorful characters in Smash. I would hate to see him go. All four of his specials have not been done before Brawl. And two of his Smashes also are new ideas. But I am not sure what Nintendo's policy on the number of outsiders is going to be. Could be 50/50. Sonic, though, I think will stay. Hopefully gain a bit more variety in his moves. Good choices, nonetheless. Sakurai does not like cutting characters.

Capcom has been mentioned. Megaman seems like a definite. I don't know much about this Layton guy. Does he fight? Sakurai has mentioned not adding characters that do not fight such as Animal Crossing folks. I think a Street Fighter character is more likely. Ryu is a good rival to Mario (both have similar rising jumps and access to a fireball, ect.) Still I don't know enough about Layton do really decide.

I don't think Slime will get in. Maybe it is just my own personal bias.

IN CONCLUSION: A well-thought out list. Seems like you did try to read Sakurai's mind rather than pollute the roster with only your personal choices regardless of probability and logical conclusions. One of the most likely roster lists I have seen in awhile in my opinion. B plus! Well done.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My roster, you feel like taking on that, anyone? (-lwl-)?

[collapse=Roster]

Mario

-Mario
-Luigi +
-Peach (Toadsworth is a B-move)
- Toad
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr. +

/I think both Toad and Bowser Jr. deserve to be in Smash, for their own reasons. Toad caters to old fans, while Bowser Jr. has been quite revelant in newest games anyway./

Donkey Kong

-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K.Rool +

/Completed DK-representation. I'd do anything to see these all be in/

Yoshi

-Yoshi

Wario

-Wario (Wario Land Style, due Shake It.)

/I could add someone from Warioware to rep Warioware-series. Maybe Mona/

Pokemon

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
- Red/PKMN Trainer
- Lucario
- Mewtwo+
-Victini+

/ I think after Lucario it's an overkill to include another Mewtwo-built character like Zoroark, besides I think Victini would pose lots of great moves./

The Legend of Zelda

-Link (Skyward Sword-style)
-Zelda + Shiek (Not much rooting for Impa. *Shrugs*
-Ganondorf+ (Declone more, please.)
- Toon Link (Luigify please with Toon Link's items from his games!!!)
- Tingle + (Comic Relief. He's very funny guy. His game series are hilarious and fun. I don't think he's a pedo. He can be annoying at times though, depending on the game.)

/No Ghirahim here, until Sakurai wants to appeal at Zelda-fans and still celebrate 25nth Anniversary even at 2014-15 by adding Ghirahim to the roster./

Kirby

-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

/Great as it is. Bandanna Dee could be a suprise, but that means there should be Koopa as playable too!/

Metroid

-Samus + Zero Suit Samus
- Ridley +

Fire Emblem

-Marth
- *New FE Representative/Chrome? +
- Ike +
-Roy

Star Fox

-Fox
-Falco +
- Wolf + (Declone up.)

/Krystal-fans, she could've been in Brawl./

F-Zero

-Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow +

Kid Icarus

-Pit
-Palutena
-Medusa

(Adding Palutena since she's bit like Zelda for KI, her name's in the japanese titles for KI and so on. There's also some evidence she could fight by herself... or not. But she's gained my support a lot these days. (-**-)
Added Medusa too, since she'd fill the villain quota of the series.

This is still under construction, so no final. Will be updated after I get my hands on Kid Icarus Uprising when it's released)

Mother

-Ness +
-Lucas

Pikmin:

-Olimar

Retro

- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch +
- R.O.B +
- Takamaru +
-Little Mac

New:

-Starfy
-Isaac +
- Saki
- Lip

/I don't consider Lip retro, since Panel De Pon came at 1994, besides Puzzle League's been going on to 2007 too.

I thought of adding Airan, I think she deserves to be in this game too, since she had also a huge role at Sin & Punishment. The roster was getting bit huge though./

3rd Party

-Snake+
-Sonic+
-Megaman +
[/collapse]

A very modest roster of all means, but IMO this would define Nintendo in it's current best for me personally.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My only objections: Sheik (in general, why bother if you have Toon Zelda / Tetra?), Roy, Slime (5 3rd party characters is too much, and I doubt Slime has priority), and I don't know who the character under Falcon is?

And yes my shoulder is pestering me, as in extreme numbness and weakness while doing excercises. But just gotta go on with it. Been working out my chest still (which uses the shoulders to) and arms but gotta go easy-mode on them shoulders.

And Chrome totally could be a mix between Ike and Marth basically from the looks of it. Faster than Ike, slower than Marth. You'll get the thing, the 'balanced' version of both characters (minus a Fire Blade move... SERIOUSLY Y THEY DO THAT TO IKE?)

And i'm gone for a few hours now. Stay sexy <3

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol ninja, that's good enough for me :cool:

It's kinda hard to really follow it since the series ended a while ago anyway.

OT: I actually am probably the only one who wants Dark Samus over Ridley, but I undoubtedly agree that Ridley should get in over her.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Oh God, I'm still so annoyed at Sakurai's choice for Ike's Neutral B. I mean seriously, instead of giving him something like Ragnell's shockwave--Which is infinitely more useful--he gets a friggin' Roy-style fire charger? *******.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Horsetail- My only real complaints are Black Shadow over Samurai Goroh, and 2 new KI characters. Otherwise, can't argue with that roster, you get one internet cookie from me ^_^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My only objections: Sheik (in general, why bother if you have Toon Zelda / Tetra?), Roy, Slime (5 3rd party characters is too much, and I doubt Slime has priority), and I don't know who the character under Falcon is?
The guy who's below Captain Falcon is Mach Rider. There's a trophy of him in Melee.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aye well I agree on Mach Rider though. Never played it, but a sort of anti-captian Falcon seems good to me. Like Takamaru is the anti-Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Always liked that idea thb. And the best way of getting a F-Zero rep in. Black Shadow and Ganon still could have similarities though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom