• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From here on. Any and all future rosters MUST be collapsed before posting.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd say the wings do matter, since it is NOT like Ridley to have small wings, and he can't have any flying moves with them puny things. And those arms are longer than a sword. @_@ Do not pity me, I just know the very people who want Ridley would spit with rage all the same if we was in all ****ed up and ridiculous.

Also Shortie, it is because I am not a knower of all things, my knowledge is limited, hence why some didn't have a list of costumes. But sorry, I'll add them if they are that important. Krystal personally isn't important to me, I just know some want her in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

The wingies! They are to be being so small!

Really, it's a non-issue. You don't exclude a BELOVED CHARACTER on the trivial basis of size issues. No, you make them work. Because that's what people want!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Alright fine I'll add him in due to popularity, but I think it disregards chances a bit. D: It isn't that I hate Ridley, if I like saw him in a Smash Dojo update I'd get kind of excited, and Metroid is pretty big but so small in Smash Bros, so I understand the benefits, so I won't be stubborn here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ghirahim and Demise both unneeded, then you throw in Tingle?! Waaah?
Tingle is the most notable character after Impa, who could replace Sheik. But you left Sheik in, and Impa is a Shiekah, so they'd be too similar. And yes. Both are from the same game, and that's just promoting one game. Starphoenix had a nice idea. Likewise, Tingle is more popular than you realize. He's damn well known, and has his own game.

Oh and sorry, I'll edit in Zamus, yeah I'd like her to remain in, my bad.
Okay.

Eh, I guess technically since she doesn't have her own games, but I just can't help but feel Birdo and Yoshi are always paired up and use eggs which is the symbol. Though I can't really argue on that point, perhaps she could be kicked out, seven Mario franchises (plus a separate 3rd party Geno would be too much.)
Um, no. She doesn't use the Egg Symbol, just eggs. She used Eggs before Yoshi too, but still is strictly a Mario character. I wouldn't have minded Geno at all.

And yeah also I wouldn't mind swapping out the third EB character for someone else, he just seemed the most neat to pick is all from my limited knowledge.
Porkey is from both games. It's fine if you don't want Ninten, since he'd be possibly too similar to the others, but Porkey is honestly an awesome character, and their main villain.

Also, personally I don't like Ridley's chances, he was opted for a boss and potentially an Assist Trophy, and King. K Rool and Bowser are good enough for large reptiles to me. Not to mention... the most annoyingly used complaint ever!..... Too big. Wing span would be huge or else it'd look odd, and either he is scrunched up to fit or he is altered in proportion to fit with everyone else so much it would be a miniature awkward version of Ridley.
Never use "too big" as an argument. He can be slightly bigger than Bowser. Wing Span makes no difference. If he's still frail and low defenses, having decent range is fine. Honestly, the only thing that's too big is his tail. That's easy to solve by not having ranged attack with it outside of maybe Down Smash. Likewise, Olimar is a few inches tall, and yet is normal sized in Brawl. Size isn't a good reason. I admit he could look odd, but it's not impossible. He could've been in Melee even.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh I know. I was just wanting to see how long it took for someone to actually read the article for themselves. For the most part though he will play less of a role in Nintendo's other games. One of those being Super Smash Bros. Big news none the less.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Miyamoto stepping down is good news. Means he's confident he has taught his team well so they can carry on in his absence. He now has the opportunity to actually MAKE NEW GAMES which means... maybe some new characters. 8DDD

yani_

Smash Ace
I was thinking about how a customization feature could work with smash. There's obviously the Mii, but what about being able to customize your own Primid character? As shown in the SSE, they are able to have different fighting styles, and you would be able to put your together to fit your own playstyle (perhaps using the sticker system to determine stats & such) They would be repping the SSB series itself too. What do you guys think?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, that is kind of sad Starpheonix, though good for him though in a way, he deserves it, and maybe this will actually be for the better, either by his different involvement and by who replaces him.

And no Hyperfalcon, I didn't say they shared the symbol, I said they both shoot eggs and hide in similar ones, so I was using that, but I fixed it. Still not buying the whole Tingle thing... I budged with the rest easily but he needs a bit more than what you guys are saying to slide in for me. I even took away my spine with Ridley even though size isn't all that gets in the way of his chances like I've said.

I agree with Oasis, especially since he was so stretched thin I believe, he did a little for everything, but now he could be more specialized. Shall be interesting no doubt.

Edit: I don't think most people will like the idea of a Smash originated character in a Nintendo franchise representing fighter. Representing Smash within Smash is like Inception, but not in a good way. Some new series could take that place better, or even fulfilling a current one more.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Miyamoto stepping down is good news. Means he's confident he has taught his team well so they can carry on in his absence. He now has the opportunity to actually MAKE NEW GAMES which means... maybe some new characters. 8DDD
Ghirahim's Wonderfully Fabulous Factory of Bloodshed and Rainbow Making.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And no Hyperfalcon, I didn't say they shared the symbol, I said they both shoot eggs and hide in similar ones, so I was using that, but I fixed it.
K.

Still not buying the whole Tingle thing... I budged with the rest easily but he needs a bit more than what you guys are saying to slide in for me. I even took away my spine with Ridley even though size isn't all that gets in the way of his chances like I've said.
Okay, then Demise and Girihaim should star in their own game first before they get in before Tingle. See why that logic doesn't work? Tingle was the only one clearly important enough to get his own game made strictly by Nintendo. That honestly says something when not even Ganondorf or Zelda has gotten a canon game to themself. Yet how the hell does Tingle? He's immensely popular in Japan, and is only somewhat popular in America. Likewise, no, Ridley's chances are unknown. He clearly is possible to fight, as if he's a boss, that means he can be a playable character. It's possible to play as Master Hand in Melee with a glitch and no cheat device. Why can't Ridley?

Edit: I don't think most people will like the idea of a Smash originated character in a Nintendo franchise representing fighter. Representing Smash within Smash is like Inception, but not in a good way. Some new series could take that place better, or even fulfilling a current one more.
Master Hand(is playable via cheats in the first two games, and even has regular moves like the rest in 64. He had Forward B before it became mainstream), Fighting Polygon Team, Tabuu, Galleon, etc. They're original characters within the game. The first one has been played as, and is only banned because of glitches. Otherwise, he'd be playable, if one could make sure he wouldn't cause problems. He's not broken by any means either. Likewise, lack of new series is still a problem.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
K.

Okay, then Demise and Girihaim should star in their own game first before they get in before Tingle. See why that logic doesn't work? Tingle was the only one clearly important enough to get his own game made strictly by Nintendo. That honestly says something when not even Ganondorf or Zelda has gotten a canon game to themself. Yet how the hell does Tingle? He's immensely popular in Japan, and is only somewhat popular in America. Likewise, no, Ridley's chances are unknown. He clearly is possible to fight, as if he's a boss, that means he can be a playable character. It's possible to play as Master Hand in Melee with a glitch and no cheat device. Why can't Ridley?

I see what you mean, but I don't find "Starring in your own game!~" as a part of the criteria for Smash Bros., considering that is not the case for putting in someone into a franchise already present (Zelda does not have her own game, Wolf, etc.) It is about fitting the style, popularity, potentiality, and representation. Tingle doesn't mean that much to the series of LoZ nearly as much as Demise, and not even Ghirahim.

Master Hand(is playable via cheats in the first two games, and even has regular moves like the rest in 64. He had Forward B before it became mainstream), Fighting Polygon Team, Tabuu, Galleon, etc. They're original characters within the game. The first one has been played as, and is only banned because of glitches. Otherwise, he'd be playable, if one could make sure he wouldn't cause problems. He's not broken by any means either. Likewise, lack of new series is still a problem.

Also, having a character playable through hacks doesn't mean anything about legitimate character selection obviously.
Fillerrrrrrr

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Holder of the Heel said:
I see what you mean, but I don't find "Starring in your own game!~" as a part of the criteria for Smash Bros., considering that is not the case for putting in someone into a franchise already present (Zelda does not have her own game, Wolf, etc.) It is about fitting the style, popularity, potentiality, and representation. Tingle doesn't mean that much to the series of LoZ nearly as much as Demise, and not even Ghirahim.
It means the character is deemed actually important to the series. That makes him quite a legitimate character choice. Likewise, you won't get both Demise and Girahaim anyway. That's too unrealistic of a choice. You might not get either of them. Midna was actually pretty damn popular. So where is she? She was very well received.

Also, having a character playable through hacks doesn't mean anything about legitimate character selection obviously.
You don't need to hack to play as Master Hand in Melee. You just use a form of a controller trick. It's a pain to do. But it freezes the game. So it's simply the glitch that's the problem, not the character. He'd be just as legit. So there's no hacks.

Also, learn the multiquote. Don't reply inside the quote. I can't reply to you that way. Just do some manual markup.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Again, that doesn't mean you are important to the series if you are given your own spin-off game. It does not change their appearance in the actual series itself. And Midna wasn't all that popular, she has no moves, was desired mostly to be on-top of a wolf link which didn't happen and I'd say for good reason, and she did not mean that much to the franchise as a whole as Demise does. And once more, Ghirahim might mean much more as well, for he
had transformed into the weapon of Demise, and was a dark version of the master sword, but whether it is especially important remains to be seen.
Though I grant it is unrealistic, it is unrealistic to expect any two characters into a largely repped series considering how improbable you'd be correct.

And it doesn't matter how you get Master Hand in it, my point stands that having Master Hand supposedly playable in such a manner means absolutely nothing about anything.

Sorry about the previous post, I was just having some fun. XP Though you don't need to quote, as I just now noticed I didn't do.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, that doesn't mean you are important to the series if you are given your own spin-off game. It does not change their appearance in the actual series itself. And Midna wasn't all that popular, she has no moves, was desired mostly to be on-top of a wolf link which didn't happen and I'd say for good reason, and she did not mean that much to the franchise as a whole as Demise does. And once more, Ghirahim might mean much more as well, for he
had transformed into the weapon of Demise, and was a dark version of the master sword, but whether it is especially important remains to be seen.
Though I grant it is unrealistic, it is unrealistic to expect any two characters into a largely repped series considering how improbable you'd be correct.
So why is Tingle is more games than Impa or Demise? Or even Ganondorf? He's clearly a very important character to the series. Also, if you have trouble thinking of moves for Midna, play Twilight Princess again. It's so beyond easy. Yet, it requires Wolf Link, but Midna's the key character in that situation. And wow, Demise, okay. I could go why he's somewhat redundant too. But no matter what, they aren't going to add both Girahaim and Demise. It's not needed. One or the other. Just have Demise. Or Girahaim. You want another character? Impa or Tingle. Honestly, they're literally the only two choices left for characters.

And it doesn't matter how you get Master Hand in it, my point stands that having Master Hand supposedly playable in such a manner means absolutely nothing about anything.

Sorry about the previous post, I was just having some fun. XP Though you don't need to quote, as I just now noticed I didn't do.
No, I had to manually make the quote, using copy and paste. All you do is click the quote button, and do a small bit of markup. It's not hard at all to do so.

Likewise, the fact that Master Hand is playable without hacks does prove you wrong. If he didn't glitch or freeze up the game, he'd be allowable in competition, unless proven broken. And considering it's possible matches could only take place on Final Destination, that'd be a problem too. Really, the things keeping him from playable isn't he himself, but glitches and stage-dependency. Which sucks, but that's life. Keep in mind you only need the cheat device to keep the game from freezing at the end. And sometimes he freezes the game too. As I said, it's just glitches that puts him on banned status, as he's not broken by any means. Unlike MK who was banned for many kinds of problems.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So why is Tingle is more games than Impa or Demise? Or even Ganondorf? He's clearly a very important character to the series. Also, if you have trouble thinking of moves for Midna, playing Twilight Princess again. It's so beyond easy. Yet, it requires Wolf Link, but Midna's the key character in that situation. And wow, Demise, okay. I could go why he's somewhat redundant too. But no matter what, they aren't going to add both Girahaim and Demise. It's not needed. One or the other. Just have Demise. Or Girahaim. You want another character? Impa or Tingle. Honestly, they're literally the only two choices left for characters.
Clearly important to the series? I am not sure I buy that. Tingle is kind of, well, non existent at the moment. His games, more like game, was probably the whim of some developer who thought it was cute idea at the time. Did not even make it to the West. After all, Nintendo has had their moments of bizarre gaming decisions (Captain Rainbow anyone?). I would not make more out of the Tingle situation. Does Tingle have a fanbase? Yes he does, but is it enough to place him on some superstar pedestal? Probably not. Plus there still is a large enough group of people that really do not like him, but make of it what you will.

Even with Midna on Wolf Link I did not see the potential in those two as a fighter then and I do not now, and this coming from someone who played Twilight Princess. Heck, and I've played both versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom