• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

HyperFalcon said:
Yeah, cause Waluigi isn't a major villain in a game starring him. He totally isn't badass on his own. Try again. He's not a damn hero, which is the key difference. He's a villain. Why the hell would he do all that?
He was a villain of a game alright. A villain of a dancing game. If he were to appear as a major antagonist in Luigi Mansion 2, that would be something to note.
masterluigi1 said:
same could be said about travis. ALL of his games have been on the wii.

ninja gaiden hasn't had a game on a nintendo console in a while.

in plus it would be easier to actually put(i.e 3rd party licensing issues) him in smash bros since suda 51 WAN'T HIM IN.

in this interview he actually says he wants to put nmh3 on wii u
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJyTIyFdeA
We don't know if Travis Touchdown is going to continue appearing in games. If augustoflores is right in that he won't appear in NMH3 and if he does not appear in the mobile games, then there's a real chance that he won't ever come back. Also, while Ninja Gaiden hasn't been perfectly faithful, it does have more games on Nintendo systems then does No More Heroes (and yes, it did get a recent DS game in 2008, so he's at least somewhat relevant on Nintendo consoles).

As for the interview, there is no guarantee that Suda 51 will push for his inclusion in SSB4 and there's the possibly that he may have even forgotten about it since it's been two years. So if he does not follow through on wanting Travis in Smash, then we aren't getting him, period.

Finally, Ninja Gaiden was an important part of NES history, not to mention that Tecmo and Nintendo have considerably improved relationship with each other as shown with Metroid: Other M and Dead or Alive: Dimensions. The series has also sold 5.5 million overall. Travis Touchdown has yet to break a million for both games. Being well-known doesn't necessarily get you a spot, but if third-party characters return, space will be precious and limited to likely only one to two spots for new third-party characters and they're going to want someone that the audience recognize (Snake at least has that). If Sakurai does not consider Ryu Haybusa well known enough to be in Smash, he sure as hell won't be putting in Travis Touchdown.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Who is Travis Touchdown????
Also SSBfan, Ryu DID have a recent game on the DS, but he's getting two NEW ones. That's why I think Ryu is likely if third party gets four slots.

WHO hates Ryu (Street Fighter). I like him in street fighter but he would be really stupid to be in smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was a villain of a game alright. A villain of a dancing game.
...So? It's still a game that he starred as the villain in. There's no official canon of the Mario series, so that game is just as important as the rest. Not seeing the problem here. Let's not forget he was a major character in Mario Party 3.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
AS far as I know, Waluigi is a anorexic, 7 foot Wario that takes out the "rio" and adds in the "luigi".

Ryu Hayabusa about to have 7 games.]

Zoroark fans and SSbfan: Zoroark can't get into ssb4 because his movie came out before Black and White.

D

Deleted member

victinivcreate1 said:
Who is Travis Touchdown????
See masterluigi1. This is why obscurity is bad when you're a potential third-party candidate.
victinivcreate1 said:
Ghirahim Is cool in general so I want him in instead of tingle.

I made a roster fro Wii U

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganon
Ghirahim Good choice, but I do think Toon/Young Link will return, so add them.

Pikachu I wouldn't mind this list, but taking out Jigglypuff is just awful. She's probably staying whenever we like it or not.
Deoxys Best choice for a 3rd gen, but if you're going for realism, it has to go.
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Victini

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox
Falco (new specials)
Wolf (new specials)

Captain Falcon
Olimar
Little Mac
Takamaru
Ice Climbers
Saki

R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

Yoshi
King K. Rool
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Ryu Hayabusa
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

Ness
Kumatora NO. Kumatora will not get in if Lucas is dropped. Drop her and add Lucas back

And where is Marth and Ike? Marth is guarantee to return and Ike will likely come back as well. Add them back.

Total 46 characters
victinivcreate1 said:
Zoroark fans and SSbfan: Zoroark can't get into ssb4 because his movie came out before his game.
I absolutely hate the idea of Zoroark in SSB4, but he is indeed a real possibility. Lucario got in and he originated in a Pokemon movie. Just wanted to say that.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
My bad. I actually love Marth and Ike so I can't believe I forgot them.

Lucario got in because he was more relevant than Deoxys and Blaziken. Zoroark is still relevant but Victini is besting him in America due to being like 1 year younger. Unfortuanetly it is vice versa in Japan.

I like Kumatora. Will add young Link.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
victinivcreate, I would suggest you put Jigglypuff in there instead of Deoxys in yo roster. Unless it's more of a wishlist than a roster

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
victinivcreate, I would suggest you put Jigglypuff in there instead of Deoxys in yo roster. Unless it's more of a wishlist than a roster
My roster (keyword roster) can happen with the inclusion of Marth and Ike and the expulsion of Kumatora. 3rd gen is getting a remake so his chances are at 50%. Plus a lot of people do like him, the don't rant 4 him because he was shot down in the likes of Lucario.

Although being part of the original 12, Jigglypuff should have never been a fighter.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, with 3rd Gen, it's like a tie between 3rd Gen Trainer and Deoxys.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My roster (keyword roster) can happen with the inclusion of Marth and Ike and the expulsion of Kumatora. 3rd gen is getting a remake so his chances are at 50%. Plus a lot of people do like him, the don't rant 4 him because he was shot down in the likes of Lucario.
You can't calculate a character's chances at all

But your roster is pretty cool ;)

yani_

Smash Ace
I'm really not expecting to see Jr. as a playable character, I think he'd be an awesome AT though.. for likeliness the way I see it Toad > Waweegee > PM > Jr

@Victinivcreate, you need jiggz and lucas in your roster

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I think that Deoxys has slightly better chances.

Metal Overlord, lets not start a flame war. I might be unrealistic about his chances but Sakurai looks at NPCs from old polls. If they ranked high, they might get in. Deoxys was high. people wanted Mewtwo in SSB64 and he wasn't in it. But he came in Melee.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
There was nothing in my post that would perpetuate any flaming from anyone in here, victinivcreate

And I meant that you can't say a character has 50% chances at all, as in, you can't literally calculate a character's chances

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
There was nothing in my post that would perpetuate any flaming from anyone in here, victinivcreate

And I meant that you can't say a character has 50% chances at all, as in, you can't literally CALCULATE a character's chances
Yes you can. It'll probably be wrong, but you can. :troll:
STARFY=100% CHANCE. STARFY CONFIRMED.
See? :awesome:+caps.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You seem to like to blurr the lines between what you WANT to happen, and what you should EXPECT to happen, Vcreate. It's not so much about what should happen ideally, so much as what is most likely to happen. Don't mix the two up, or else you're simply setting yourself up for failure in debates, and expectations for what the game will hold. Jigglypuff pretty much sweeps the floor with Deoxys in terms of what it probably going to happen. It's common sense really. WANT =/= WHAT WILL HAPPEN, even if we wish it was. The Jiggs < Doexys statement... is just so uneducated. You remind me of another poster who used to post here. . . . hmm. . . hmmmm?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Who else is expecting a Luigi's Mansion 2 stage to follow up the Brawl stage(like the Pokémon Stadium stages)?

D

Deleted member

Who else is expecting a Luigi's Mansion 2 stage to follow up the Brawl stage(like the Pokémon Stadium stages)?
I am as well. The last stage was so much fun to play. Perhaps we'll get to fight inside this time?

@Starphoenix: Love that version. Also brings back the nostalgia of the N64 version (which I absolutely loved).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want a freaking BOWSER STAGE. Like, maybe something akin to Bowser's Castle in MK, or maybe his Airship?

SOMETHING.

I also want a green green stage of sorts. AND SOMETHING MARIO-GENERIC. Like Peach's castle, or Mushroom Kingdom III.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yep, my little fan title for the presumed Luigi's Mansion 2 stage is Luigi's Greater Mansion. So if in the future I use that term you will know whats up.

Also, fun fact, found out the voice of Ghirahim is the same one who did Frieza. Seeing a lot more Ghirahim fans, and that might interest Numberman.

I want a freaking BOWSER STAGE. Like, maybe something akin to Bowser's Castle in MK, or maybe his Airship?

SOMETHING.

I also want a green green stage of sorts. AND SOMETHING MARIO-GENERIC. Like Peach's castle, or Mushroom Kingdom III.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12991648&postcount=31
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13236928&postcount=84

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yep, my little fan title for the presumed Luigi's Mansion 2 stage is Luigi's Greater Mansion. So if in the future I use that term you will know whats up.

Also, fun fact, found out the voice of Ghirahim is the same one who did Frieza. Seeing a lot more Ghirahim fans, and that might interest Numberman.
Oh wow Frieza, huh?

BTW, music suggestion for the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9MvL5h0-3s

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Realgam Tower from Pokemon Colosseum as a stage?

God, I ****ing love old Pokemon
Fighting while going up an elevator, listening to the classic awkward elevator music? Followed by appearing on a stage of the actual colosseum, surrounded by throngs of screaming fans? Yes please.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What if we had something like Mushroomy Kingdom, where instead of going through World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros., it scrolled along slowly, evolving into the different levels of Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3? Maybe even Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.

They wouldn't be exact replicas, but you'd see the familiar settings. GET THE FEEL FROM EACH.

Love me some flashy, crazy stage ideas. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Fighting while going up an elevator, listening to the classic awkward elevator music? Followed by appearing on a stage of the actual colosseum, surrounded by throngs of screaming fans? Yes please.
Yep, that actually gave an actually had an idea about the Master Hand boss battle

Instead of there not being anyone besides you and Master Hand, what if the fight took place in a large stadium where Master Hand's followers all cheer him on and boo at you during the fight? Would make the fight feel a lot more authentic, IMO

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll be getting Mario Kart 7 friday. :D Can't wait to ride around as Shy Guyyyy~

And if people are going to be debating rosters and posting them, I shall do it too so all of you can say how bad it is. ^_^ *Warning, has a somewhat polymorphic costume view and two franchises with six slots*

MARIO UNIVERSE
Mario (with Dr. Mario alt costume, and if possible pill replacing the fire if activated)
Peach (Daisy costume, maybe Rosalina as well)
Luigi (Mr. L costume, but not as paper of course)
Bowser (Dry bones costume from 3D land)
Paper Mario
Toad (Toadette and other misc. Toad characters)

LoZ UNIVERSE
Link (Shadow, Red, Blue, Purple, Pipit Yellow, and pre-Knighthood SS clothing, white, black)
Toon Link (Shadow, Red, Blue, Purple, Master Quest blue jacket from WW, white, black)
Ganondorf (Twilight and OoC renditions for appearance, WW rendition would be too alterating)
Zelda/Sheik (Black Cloak TP costume, SS student, TP Princess costume color schemes)
Ghirahim (Black Weapon Skin costume, SS Spoilers:
Demise as the final smash on the assumption it returns or something FS-esque
)

POKEMON UNIVERSE
Pokemon Trainer (with popular trainers as costumes)
Pikachu (Shiny costume, perhaps Pichu polymorph costume)
Jigglypuff (Shiny costume)
Lucario (Shiny costume)
Zoroark (Shiny costume)
Mewtwo (Robot costume from the first movie and Shiny)

KIRBY UNIVERSE
Kirby
Metaknight (Galacta Knight costume)
King Dedede

KID ICARUS UNIVERSE
Pit
Magnus
Paletuna

METROID FRANCHISE
Samus/Zamus (Fusion, Dark, various other suits as forms)
Ridley (Meta form, etc.)

EARTHBOUND UNIVERSE
Lucas (Claus hair costume)
Porky (Thanks for the better suggestion)
Ness

DONKEY KONG
Diddy Kong (with a Dixie Kong costume perhaps, if not I suppose her own slot)
Donkey Kong
King K. Rool (mainly because he is so wanted, not my own liking)

FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE
Ike
Marth
Roy

STAR FOX UNIVERSE
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal (Assault Suit and Adventure Gear costumes)

MISCELLANEOUS UNIVERSES
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Mii (the Miis on the system as costumes)
Captain Olimar (Louie and his President costumes)
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Sonic (Shadow costume)
Snake
Megaman (X costume)
Geno
Yoshi (Boshi costume, Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.)
ROB

Now who would all cry in despair at this 51 character roster?

Two alterations thus far.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yep, that actually gave an actually had an idea about the Master Hand boss battle

Instead of there not being anyone besides you and Master Hand, what if the fight took place in a large stadium where Master Hand's followers all cheer him on and boo at you during the fight? Would make the fight feel a lot more authentic, IMO
But... Aren't the Smashers his followers? At least, that's the impression I got from SSB64's beginning.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What if we had something like Mushroomy Kingdom, where instead of going through World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros., it scrolled along slowly, evolving into the different levels of Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3? Maybe even Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.

They wouldn't be exact replicas, but you'd see the familiar settings. GET THE FEEL FROM EACH.

Love me some flashy, crazy stage ideas. :awesome:
I would like this, IF it was slow, NOT SO EFFING OBSTICLEY, and wasn't disgustingly ugly and plain like Mushroomy Kingdom. Seriously, one of the UGLIEST things I have ever seen.

@Heel, WHY. You have 80000000 costumes, but you don't give Krystal Assault Suit and Adventure Gear?

Where is TRYHI, he has a pic of Krystal, I LOVE.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll be getting Mario Kart 7 friday. :D Can't wait to ride around as Shy Guyyyy~

And if people are going to be debating rosters and posting them, I shall do it too so all of you can say how bad it is. ^_^ *Warning, has a somewhat polymorphic costume view and three franchises with six slots*

MARIO UNIVERSE
Mario (with Dr. Mario alt costume, and if possible pill replacing the fire if activated)
Paper Mario

LoZ UNIVERSE
Link (Shadow, Red, Blue, Purple, Pipit Yellow, and pre-Knighthood SS clothing, white, black)
Toon Link (Shadow, Red, Blue, Purple, Master Quest blue jacket from WW, white, black)
Ganondorf (Twilight and OoC renditions for appearance, WW rendition would be too alterating)
Zelda/Sheik (Black Cloak TP costume, SS student, TP Princess costume color schemes)
Ghirahim (Black Weapon Skin costume)
Demise

POKEMON UNIVERSE
N (to replace Pokemon Trainer's generic-ness)
Lucario (Shiny costume)
Zoroark (Shiny costume)
Deoxys (Filling in the Mewtwo slot with a more interesting playstyle, Shiny costume, and if his forms aren't intrinsic to his moveset, his forms could be 'stumes)

KIRBY UNIVERSE
Kirby
King Dedede

KID ICARUS UNIVERSE
Pit
Magnus
Paletuna

YOSHI FRANCHISE
Birdo

EARTHBOUND UNIVERSE
Lucas
Claus (Masked Man costume)
Ness

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong

FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE
Ike
Marth (Roy morph costume)
Lyn

STAR FOX UNIVERSE
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

MISCELLANEOUS UNIVERSES
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Samus (Fusion, Dark, various other suits as forms)
Sonic (Shadow costume)
Snake
Megaman (X costume)
Geno

Now who would all cry in despair at this 51 character roster?
Both Demise and Girahiam are unneeded. One or the other. Likewise, Tingle could take up the other slot. Was Zero Suit Samus taken out? Where's Ridley? Also, Birdo is not a Yoshi character by any means. S/he's specifically a Mario character. Besides that, Mother 3 shouldn't have two characters either. Have Ninten there or maybe Porkey.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Quote Jenga, one of my few and only.

[COLLAPSE="Collapse"]
MARIO UNIVERSE
Paper Mario
Fine.

LoZ UNIVERSE
Ghirahim (Black Weapon Skin costume)
Demise
Whoa, what the heck at the end? Both Ghirahim and Demise? Ghirahim is alright, but Demise just seems a little much.
Maybe he could be a part of Ghirahim's Final Smash or something?
For all that throw in Tingle and shut some people up.

POKEMON UNIVERSE
N (to replace Pokemon Trainer's generic-ness)
Lucario (Shiny costume)
Zoroark (Shiny costume)
Deoxys (Filling in the Mewtwo slot with a more interesting playstyle, Shiny costume, and if his forms aren't intrinsic to his moveset, his forms could be 'stumes)
Boo for replacing Mewtwo and Pokémon Trainer. Seriously though, Mewtwo easily beats out Deoxys in terms of demand. Not sure why it would be necessary to replace him? I find it funny how you separate N and Zoroark when N's primary Pokémon IS Zoroark.

KIRBY UNIVERSE
Kirby
King Dedede
Fine, although personally I would throw in our new pal Bandana Waddle Dee. That is only personal though, and is unlikely to happen.

KID ICARUS UNIVERSE
Pit
Magnus
Paletuna
Again, what? You add two Kid Icarus characters, but leave off Medusa for Magnus? Very odd...

YOSHI FRANCHISE
Birdo
Surprisingly, I am ok with this. Although I am not sure why Birdo would be tied in with Yoshi when she is always associated with the Mario series? Oh well.

EARTHBOUND UNIVERSE
Lucas
Claus (Masked Man costume)
Ness
You will get flak from other people, but not me. Me gusta.

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Fine.

FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE
Ike
Marth (Roy morph costume)
Lyn
Yeah... Lyn is not likely to have the support she once did. Everybody is going to be voting for Roy to return, voting for Ike to stay, or supporting Chrome. She will be pushed in the dusty cupboard never to be heard from again.

STAR FOX UNIVERSE
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Blegh Krystal, but its fine too.

MISCELLANEOUS UNIVERSES
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Samus (Fusion, Dark, various other suits as forms)
Sonic (Shadow costume)
Snake
Megaman (X costume)
Geno
No new series is strange. No Ridley is even stranger. Prepare for the ensuing storm of hellfire.[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Both Demise and Girahiam are unneeded. One or the other. Likewise, Tingle could take up the other slot. Was Zero Suit Samus taken out? Where's Ridley? Also, Birdo is not a Yoshi character by any means. S/he's specifically a Mario character. Besides that, Mother 3 shouldn't have two characters either. Have Ninten there or maybe Porkey.
Ghirahim and Demise both unneeded, then you throw in Tingle?! Waaah?

Oh and sorry, I'll edit in Zamus, yeah I'd like her to remain in, my bad.

Eh, I guess technically since she doesn't have her own games, but I just can't help but feel Birdo and Yoshi are always paired up and use eggs which is the symbol. Though I can't really argue on that point, perhaps she could be kicked out, seven Mario franchises (plus a separate 3rd party Geno would be too much.)

And yeah also I wouldn't mind swapping out the third EB character for someone else, he just seemed the most neat to pick is all from my limited knowledge.

Also, personally I don't like Ridley's chances, he was opted for a boss and potentially an Assist Trophy, and King. K Rool and Bowser are good enough for large reptiles to me. Not to mention... the most annoyingly used complaint ever!..... Too big. Wing span would be huge or else it'd look odd, and either he is scrunched up to fit or he is altered in proportion to fit with everyone else so much it would be a miniature awkward version of Ridley.

EDIT: @StarPhoenix

There were several new series' added at the bottom (Geno, Megaman, Mii). Though may not be enough, I think in the unconventional terms of fattening what we got. x_x And yeah I'm definitely alone with my desire for Demise haha, so sad. T_T Might as well just accept it... though he is so crucial to the story, more crucial than even Ganondorf.

Medusa seems more popular, but I dislike the "She is a carbon copy of the mythological creature and not Nintendo-y" and the fact hat Magnus looks total Brawl-like. Not to mention Paletuna fits the female role for them much better, and the addition of two in there was for the other reasons such as: No added kirby reps so Sakurai reps himself there and to celebrate his prior game (which he added two to Kirby's franchise in Brawl, and not even after a legitimate game I believe).

My pokemon is definitely strange as well, almost like I don't know what to do with it, maybe it could be like Pokemon Trainer, but the various costumes are iconic trainers from the series? And my bad about Mewtwo, Deoxys is kind of personally more capable, though not too wanted by me. I'd welcome Mewtwo in open arms honestly.

Anyways, thanks for critiquing it, I'll alter it and see if it can be more conventional (why I am so weird with where Birdo goes... I have no clue. I'll just kick her out. :D Gives us a nice 50.)

Second edit: Convince me of some good Ridley points and I'll replace Krystal with him. Also tell me some new series' and maybe we'll bump it to 51 or swap someone out. And... I want to defend Demise at least for a moment. xD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I feel only a deep sense of pity.

Mostly I just want to take a nap before studying for my final tomorrow.

Guess I could at least post that maybe. Wings look dumb, but they don't matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom