• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Just so you know, I read like all the stage concepts from people who post them. I just don't really comment because anything I would say is like "good job [again]".

But yeah, cool stage, I loved City Escape.

I'll leave the HyperBlade thing be because I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're just dreadful. Just dreadful.

You can't even be mean properly, let alone make proper arguments, or actual points.

FOR THE SAKE OF THIS THREAD, it's time to move on~

@Kantrip I second that. I like what they do, it's just... what else can I say? Also I don't know much about Sonic anyhow.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Shortie You WANT me to be MEAN? Ok, I will be then. GET BETTER WITH ZELDA! How about that, huh? You won once, then I beat you how many times?

Sausage... THAT AGAIN!? I told you guys to knock that off. It's not funny, it's dumb and stupid.

Move on? Yes, let us.

You WANT me to be MEAN? Ok, I will be then. GET BETTER WITH ZELDA! How about that, huh? You won once, then I beat you how many times
He's not asking you to be mean.

Is this true? You beating Shortie.

If this keeps up, I'm gonna do some reporting. ASAGE. Shortie is being calm.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is why I never post here. Is everyone obsessed with getting +1's? It's hard to move on from a stupid argument if EVERY PERSON has to say "let's move on". Seriously, you don't need the final say.

If everyone stops posting **** adding onto the argument, guess what? It will end.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ok, enough's enough. Shortie, I can KO that last comment, but we do need to move on. HyperBlade's getting a website now just because of this.

@Beserker I can say the same to the sausage thing. I said no to that almost 3 different times.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Some people just want to watch the thread burn, Kantrip.

Broserker, did you see this?

How I wish we could have such nice alternate costumes like these~

@Tryphen: Oh, and I third what Kantrip and Shorts said about your stage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm back for a sec.

The sausages are about to hit the fan.
This is for some reason sig worthy. ;)

Just so you know, I read like all the stage concepts from people who post them. I just don't really comment because anything I would say is like "good job [again]".

But yeah, cool stage, I loved City Escape.
It's ok I understand, I was just expecting a bit more seeing as people were saying they were one of the few things that keep this tread alive and enjoyable.

Either way I made it for Omega, Iblis, and Metal Overlord anyway so I'm not really excepting too many comments on it (no offense).

Thanks for the compliment though. ;)

And now back into the darkness...

EDIT: I'm working on Metal Gear next so look forward to that. ;)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can... Can I stop cowering in the corner with the Death Egg Robot music playing? Is... Is the argument over? C-Can I?
<(•.•<): "Poyo? P-Poyo?"

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Great job Asage. I've already subscribed to your channel. I can't wait to see the trailer(s).

You're awesome, dude.

@Shortie: Awesome is completely subjective. Seriously, enough with the hatred already. It's growing old, and you're not proving anything.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Stage: Halo

Reach (Halo: Reach)
The land works like this:

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~
__-------
``````````

(~ is sky, - is hill, _ is land, ` is pit).

On the stage, covenent enemies, all Grunts, will appear out of the bridge above, which fall out. They use Plasma Pistols, and attack anyone. KO them like enemies from Brawl's adventure mode. They don't appear often, but when defeated, the last one, which is a Grunt Hero, will drop items that are only findable in this stage. Here they are:

Plasma Cannon: Like the Cracker Launcer, but shoots Plasma Grenades. They stick, but won't go off until the Plasma Cannon is out. It'll glow, then you auto drop it, and anyone stuck will blow up. When stuck, try to stick it to your opponents, including the gunsman.

Plasma Pistol: The Grunt's weapon. Like the Super Scope, you can charge and fire, or fire. You have to keep pressing the (A) button to fire, and when you charge, you have to charge all the way (2 second charge, hold the (A) button) in order to fire a Shield Destroying blast. Sheidls take 3x dmg then normal, to be fully accurate.

Also, both edges have pits, so... don't fall off them :)

As for music for the stage...

Connected (Halo 2)

Lone Wolf (Halo Reach)

Tip of the Spear (Halo Reach)

Halo 3 Theme (Halo 3)

Warthog Run (Halo 3)

VS Ridley (Metriod: Other M)

Mario Party 3: Stardust Duel (Mario Party)

So, that's my stage idea. Like it, or will I be hated for life?

@Hyperfalcon Thank you, man.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@HyperFalcon Well, I know that some stages on Brawl has music unrelating, so I figured I'd mix those two. The Mario one would be more techno-like.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright sure I'll make one too I guess

Blackout Basement

The flickering nightmare that is Blackout Basement. This time, incorporating less blackout and more Donkey Kong Country Returns!

This stage will consist of a main platform with a small set of stairs leading downwards. There is a platform hanging down from the ceiling located above the lower side of the stage, and a platform as seen in the third picture on the higher portion of the stage. The hanging platform will swing gently from side to side periodically.

Every forty seconds or so, the stage's lights will flicker out, and the characters will be shown as silhouettes, as in the second picture. The stage's appearance will change entirely for around ten seconds. After this time is over, the lights will come back on again.

Stage Example:

Music:

Donkey Kong Country - Fear Factory
Donkey Kong Country - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country - Bad Boss Boogie
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Kannon's Klaim
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Disco Train
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Nuts N' Bolts
Donkey Kong 64 - Mad Jack
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Fear Factory
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Music Madness Mix
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Foggy Fumes

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love it, Kantrip! Did neone notice G&W in the background? Lol

I'll be putting up a Master Chief Moveset tomarrow or sunday, Night all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HyperFalcon Well, I know that some stages on Brawl has music unrelating, so I figured I'd mix those two. The Mario one would be more techno-like.
I was kind of joking. I love the idea of putting in music that fits as is. :)

@Kantrip: That sounds a lot better than the two new DK stages. Honestly, those were kind of hard to fight on.(I like fighting on stages that won't kill you, really)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Finally. A stage that DESERVES to replace DK's Melee stages. Brawl had crap DK stages, this reminds me of a DK version of that Metallic level in SSB64

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, I was very disappointed in the Brawl DK stages. Like, I guess I could kind of see where they were coming from with Rumble Falls, having the whole Jungle Climber aspect, but it could have been done A LOT better. Then there's Donkey Kong. :mad:

Nice stages Crimson and asage!

75m was.... alright... Meh. It wasn't that good. Same goes for Rumble falls.

You ever thought of that sunset stage in DKCR?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder why they didn't go with 25m. That's what everyone thinks of when they think of Donkey Kong, and could it really have been worse than 75m?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thanks.

Yeah, I think Sunset Shore would be a great idea too. Star has already done a stage based on that, and I thought the idea was great.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like stupid stages as much as the next person, like Hanenbow. It pulled off it's gimmick. I think DK, and to a much lesser extent, Rumble Falls didn't. I was going to say I understand why they picked those levels, they just were executed poorly. That's one of the problems I have with Brawl's stages, that I didn't have with Melee's. Some of the levels had piss poor gimmicks, or just stupid designs. There were much more of them in Brawl, than in Melee.

SSB4 should try to make the gimmicks work. This one would. Also, this level reminded me of this song:

Diddy Kong Racing -Boss Challenge I

That reminds me.... I remember raging and quitting my quest to fully complete DKCR since it's sooo hard. How about the golden temple stages for Single player adventure?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That reminds me.... I remember raging and quitting my quest to fully complete DKCR since it's sooo hard.
I probably won't finish KRTDL, to freaking easy. I'm bored.

I think I'll make a Pokemon stage, since I'm bored with making my roster crap. I'll give you all a little hint. Think Fourside, and Saffron city :3

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Shortie, that's the sentiment I have too. Temple is fun. Big Blue is awesome. Gimmick stages can be a blast to play on. Most of Brawl's gimmick stages just... weren't.

@berserker, The difficulty of DKCR was really refreshing for platform gaming. I was pleased with that game. A golden temple level in adventure mode would be interesting. Jumping around on fruits :laugh:

@Crimson: I still liked the game though. The ending in DK reminded me of Hulk's gamma crush hyper since ya know... The moon and all.

Fun fact: I fully finished Mario Galaxy 2 3 times and I only had like.... 2 deaths. Lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll be honest straight out: I didn't like the heavily gimmicky stages.

Rumble Falls was OKAY. 75m, Mario Bros., WarioWare, Hanenbow, New Pork City, Mushroomy Kingdom. I couldn't stand any of these. I would've preferred Peach's Castle over Rainbow Cruise, but it was still fun. Halberd was okay at best as well.

Honestly, few of the stages I actually liked. I wasn't a fan of any of the Kirby ones.(really, Green Greens over Fountain of Dreams?) I mean, the non-gimmicky ones were fine. Mario Kart, Jungle Japes, Delfino Plaza, Bridge of Eldin, both Pokemon Stadiums, Flat Zone 2, Aero Town Port Drive.

Let me rephrase that: I didn't like the gimmicky ones that easily killed you.

I didn't like Mario Bros, 75m, Rumble falls, Hanenbow, New Pork City and Mushroom kingdom.

I liked Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Bridge of Eldin, Pictochat, Norfair, Green Hill Zone, Aero Town Port Drive, Temple, Summit and Wario Ware.

The only thing I disliked about some stages is that the music was unfitting for the stage

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Music didn't bother me. WarioWare is great in fun play, but was horrible in single player. If only because of cheap kills due to the stage.(and you know, Wario being good)

Pictochat wasn't bad, and I do generally have it on, except for tournaments. I just prefer Battlefield and Final Destination for those. As for the Metroid stages, I prefer the past one, although the other two is no big deal, but nothing great to me.

I'm a Stop Having Fun Guys, I admit, but still. Green Hill Zone rocked.(and was pretty good to fight on, not being terribly bad or anything)

Speaking of Music, and Green Hill Zone... I don't like that they went and acknowledged Sonic 2006(which has no Nintendo appearance), yet skip over Shadow The Hedgehog(which even got a Nintendo Power cover... but no songs, and it had some of the best music as well). Keep in mind I find Sonic 2006 more fun than Unleashed, but that's beside the point.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Goldenrod City Heights

Trainers often find themselves lost in the tall tall city. Department store goers, and train trafficers crowd the city streets. But from high above, the hustle and rush is nothing more than tiny blurrs and faint echoes. The two main battle points are the radio tower, and the magnet train station. The magnet train station has an rounded roof, with a dip in the center. To the right of it is the magnet train tracks, when you hear the screeching of the breaks being lifted, you know it’s best to move off of the tracks. Being it by the train is usually an instant KO. The radio tower has three different points that you can land on. The lowest point is merely a ledge, where minimal fighting can be done. The next part is the tallest accessible section of the building. The gray lines indicate that you can pass through them. (The lines are merely the iron holding up the actual radio rod. The top is where the large rod sits. It’s a small place where “King of the Hill” can be played.

In the background, planes, Hoothoots, pidgeys, and Butterfees fly about. The occasional trainer can be seen flying on the backs of Noctowl (Silver), Pidgeot (Ethan), or Fearow (Lyra. Pichu’s tend to play about on the radio tower, so do be careful not to get shocked by one.
The level is supposed to feel like Onnet, Fourside, and Saffron city mashed together under a Heart Gold, and SoulSilver roof~

The level is home to: Suicune, Pichu

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: GoldenRod City
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Team Rocket Battle
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Lugia Theme
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Gym Leader Theme
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Global Terminal
Pokemon Platinum: Torn World
Pokemon Platinum: Route 225
Pokemon Black/White: Dragonspiral tower
Pokemon Black/White: Champion Battle (Cynthia) / Critical Helth
Pokemon Red/Blue: Silph Co. Theme
Pokemon Red/Blue: Saffron City Music
Pokemon Emerald: Bicycle Theme

Kantrip

Kantplay
Shortie going in with those paint skills :p

Nice stage. It definitely stays true to the concept (down to every detail, lol). The hazards and walls and positioning of the stage would probably deter me from it a bit, but I have no quarrel with the design, it's more of a personal thing for me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Microsoft paint was a great idea, I don't know why nobody thought to use it before. Seriously.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, could one of you, like, make a Banjo-Kazooie stage? I would, but I can't on my phone. Thanks.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom