• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash 4 Movement Option: Corner Dash Pivot Slide

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I hate wavedashing. I think it's stupid to rely on a glitch to move around. Fight like a man, I say.
It's not a glitch. Or at least Sakurai left it in there intentionally for players to discover. Same for L-cancelling. Don't believe me? The article is either here or on Kotaku or on Nintendo Life. I don't have a link, and I realize that doesn't present a compelling argument lmao, but I've at least given you some food for thought.

Btw, I understand what you're saying. I never use wavedashing either.

UpBforVictory

Smash Cadet
NNID
EthanTheOgre
@MonK4 and @LimitCrown

In a sense, you both are right. LimitCrown is right in the sense of "while Melee was under development, Sakurai never intended to create wavedashing." While making Melee, he didn't have the mindset of "I want to make a way for characters to slide across the stage like butter (wavedashing)." However, MonK4 is also right in the sense that "Sakurai intentionally left wavedashing in the game." Because Sakurai chose to leave it in the game it was therefore intended to be in the final product.

You are both right because wavedashing wasn't intended to be in the game, but it was intended to stay in the game.

Now, can we stop talking about wavedashing on an article that has nothing to do with it?
Everytime someone says something along the lines of advanced tech's are exploits or glitches one my cats gets a worm infection.

You people do know that smash bros is just basically just one big physics engine right?
To be honest, I wish people would stop trying to make this game like Melee. We don't need a bunch of glitches and advanced "techniques" to enjoy the game.

Don't you just hate those "nothing but dodging" matches? I know I do.
To be honest, I wish people would stop trying to make this game like Melee. We don't need a bunch of glitches and advanced "techniques" to enjoy the game.

Don't you just hate those "nothing but dodging" matches? I know I do.
it's like you don't even consider how it can be used in competitive play

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Fight like a man who can't move efficiently.
Characters like Fox and Falco don't need wavedashing to move around.

I consider wavedashing cheating myself, so...

But seriously, this thread is about a different technique (albeit I consider it cheating too), so stop talking about wavedashing.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
it's like you don't even consider how it can be used in competitive play
Wait a minute. Was that for me? Or at least the statement you rephrased under mine? Cause if so, then their might be a little bit of confusion here. I support competitive play, hence I am a competitive player myself. The whole point to what I said was to stop those two for having such a trivial argument. But if that wasn't your intention, then I apologize.

iMAGN

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2552-3003-2964
NO IT'S OK DON'T FEEL BAD
WE ALL MAKE STEAKS SOMETIMES
<3 YOU
Yes, I need to work on concision, but I assure you my heart is in the right place! :D
we all make steak sometimes

qiraz611

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naryx
Characters like Fox and Falco don't need wavedashing to move around.

I consider wavedashing cheating myself, so...

But seriously, this thread is about a different technique (albeit I consider it cheating too), so stop talking about wavedashing.
You brought it to the discussion first. It's your fault. Just because you can't handle something doesn't mean it's cheating. That's like saying sidestepping in a fight is cheating.

Pacmaniak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pacmaniak
3DS FC
3153-5930-5678
Is this possible with samus without the ledge??

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Has wavedashing harmed you in any way?
If you play against pros who use it, then you are likely at a level you can do it too.
If you play casually, then you don't even have to know it exists.

Also wavedashing helps out in battle a LOT. If by fight like a man you mean rush in without any backup quick-retreat plan, then...I mean........why?
you really are not thinking about what the man said.
He just said he think it's not necessary to have advanced techniques glitches to enjoy the game. You can win without them too. I see people showing off online with their "new advanced techniques" like this pivoting stuff and i still beat them even though i play without this stupid thing. They focus too much on doing these techs that they forget that it also costs time and effort to perform them. While they're showing off, i'l just finish them.

By fighting like a man he does not say he just rushes into the enemy without any backup. He plays his own way with his own way of backing up. Maybe he plays defensive, have you even considered that possibility?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
you really are not thinking about what the man said.
He just said he think it's not necessary to have advanced techniques glitches to enjoy the game. You can win without them too. I see people showing off online with their "new advanced techniques" like this pivoting stuff and i still beat them even though i play without this stupid thing. They focus too much on doing these techs that they forget that it also costs time and effort to perform them. While they're showing off, i'l just finish them.

By fighting like a man he does not say he just rushes into the enemy without any backup. He plays his own way with his own way of backing up. Maybe he plays defensive, have you even considered that possibility?
No he didn't say it's not necessary to have glitches to enjoy the game, he said he hates it and thinks its stupid.

And yeah, in Smash 4 you can win without them too. But Melee is not Smash 4, and I've seen someone that doesn't do technical stuff (Borp) facing off against players like Mango and Toph.

It seems to be very hard, at least in Melee, to be able to keep up with someone with vastly superior tech skills. And wavedashing is almost considered a 'must' to survive in the Melee competitive scene.

Smash 4, on the other hand, is a whole different ballgame. Smash 4 is not nearly as technical, as its a more cerebral game, so it relies on your mind and instincts more than any practiced tech skill.

And not to mention Perfect Pivoting is not as good Or as crucial to the metagame as wavedashing.

Also, no, I didn't consider the possibility that he plays defensively, because calling that "fighting like a man" is asinine.

UpBforVictory

Smash Cadet
NNID
EthanTheOgre
Wait a minute. Was that for me? Or at least the statement you rephrased under mine? Cause if so, then their might be a little bit of confusion here. I support competitive play, hence I am a competitive player myself. The whole point to what I said was to stop those two for having such a trivial argument. But if that wasn't your intention, then I apologize.
was for key blade or whatever

Top Bottom