• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Possible Roster, with just as much cred as the 35 one. MajinNecro's 39 characters

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Let me see here (Let's take into account ChaosZero, ShadowXOR and GameFaqs guy and ignore the 35 character roster for a second):
Mushroom Kingdom: 4-5 Reps (if we should keep Mushroom Kingdom's franchise amount the same as Melee)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.? Paper Mario?

Zelda: 4-5 Reps (see Mario)
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Vaati? Midna/Wolf Link?

Pokemon: 4 Reps
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-PT
-Lucario

StarFox: 3-4 Reps (They won't get more than Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda or Pokemon for **** sure)
-Fox
-Second Rep
-Third Rep
-Possible Fourth Rep
(Toss up among Falco, Krystal, Wolf & ROB64)

Metroid: 3 Reps MAX (Let's think about this. Sylux and the hunters aren't characters, that's a fact)
-Samus/ZSS
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Fire Emblem: 2-3 Reps (I doubt they'll remove Marth)
-Ike
-Marth
-Micaiah

DK: 2-3 Reps
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (if you think Dixie's going here, you're out of your **** mind)

Earthbound: 2-3 Reps
-Lucas
-Ness
-Claus? Porky?

Kirby: 3 Reps
-Kirby
-Meta-Knight
-King Dedede

Single-Rep Franchises:
-Pikmin & Olimar
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Snake
-Wario
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-ROB?
-Captain Falcon (EDITED IN, NOT IN ORIGINAL POST, MAJINNECRO SAID HE JUST FORGOT HIM)

I'm getting 41 Max out of this (the ROB in question is still subjective right now), currently. Actually, at this point, if we remove the questionable fifth reps from Mario, Zelda & Starfox, we get 3(9). A Very GOOD 3(9).

This is a VERY good roster, created by MajinNecro the EXACT SAME WAY the horrid 35 character roster was compiled. It also takes into account the realization of another prophet, one who predicted on GameFaqs the 'Mushroomy Kingdom' stage (name and all) in ALOT of detail.

This was posted in another thread, but I felt it deserved it's own. It has just as much chance as the other 'compiled' roster as being real.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: ZOE MY TEH GAWDSH!!!!!1111!!!ONE!!!SHIFT+1!!!!!!!!! TEH CHUK NORE-ISS OV TEH ZMASH KAPTEN FELCUN IZ NOHT TEH OHN TEH RAHSTOR!!!!!!ZOMGUH!!! Seriously guys, i'm sure MajinNecro just made a typo forgetting to put Falcon.

BESIDES, THAT'S NOT EVEN THE POINT: THE POINT IS THAT THE EXACT SAME LOGIC AND METHODS THAT PUT TOGETHER THE 35 CHARACTER ROSTER CAN BE USED TO BUILD A MUCH BETTER ROSTER. Go ahead and throw the Falcon on there, and the logic/method still works. Which is the point.

------------------------------------MAJINNECRO ON THIS THREAD--------------
Oh my, did I forget CAPTAIN FALCON??? Please kill me :D

TC, nice job, I didn't intend for this to be a leak of any kind, however (not to TC, to posters within), but yeah, I just used logic, and the three leakers mentioned above. So, if DrClaw411 could just edit it so Falcon is in there (and subsequently fix that it would have 39 characters, and 42 "total,"), then yeah. Everything will be fine.

ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A LEAK OF ANY KIND. DrClaw411 is just using MY example of using logic to fabricate a 38-40 character roster, using three prophets (JUST LIKE CHRONOBOUND) and using them to make a roster. I am not claiming to know anything about the Brawl roster. All I happened to do was smash those three prophets into a roster, and speculate on. The point of this thread, if I'm reading DrClaw411 correctly, is to prove that ANYTHING is possible in Brawl, and you shouldn't chalk it up to a 35 character roster that everyone is passing off as real, when it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Shuma

Smash Hero
We need to find the leaker who predicted Samus and Pika joining in SSE.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I'm not believing any roster until we have solid picture proof.
Thats a good philosophy to go by.

The 35 character one doesnt seem nearly as likely now. The same logic was compiled to make this, and while either could be close to true, this is more likley because it is better and bigger. This is Sakurai we are talking about

But all in all, the main point of this thread is to show: THE SAME LOGIC CAN COMPILE TOGETHER A MUCH BETTER ROSTER.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
But all in all, the main point of this thread is to show: THE SAME LOGIC CAN COMPILE TOGETHER A MUCH BETTER ROSTER.
the reason the 35 roster holds water is that it was created BEFORE the starting roster was revealed. this was created after and has no bearing on anything.

spindash

Smash Ace
Thats a good philosophy to go by.

The 35 character one doesnt seem nearly as likely now. The same logic was compiled to make this, and while either could be close to true, this is more likley because it is better and bigger. This is Sakurai we are talking about

Here, here!

Listen to the one with the Freakazoid Avatar!

Not sarcasm, by the way. I loved that show and I agree with everything. I mean, hey, shucks that Geno wouldn't make the cut if THIS were true, but it's a very darn respectful roster for the potentially final Smash.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The 35 character roster is an abomination. Still, it has Wolf, so whatever happens i'm happy, if we get a good roster, Ridley or a second Metroid rep will be in, Win, if the 35 one is real, i get Wolf also win. Hell, if the game was released only with the characters on the Dojo it would be a fantastic roster.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
How can you say it more credible? I had like mathematics and probability stuff in mine. I did backtracking and history. I even added pictures! This isn't a theory at all. This is "I would like Brawl to have these characters in it"

Again, just because I invented this theory doesn't mean I want it to be true. I'd want Ridley. He's bad ***.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I didn't think the 35 character roster was THAT bad... you can flame me if you want, but I kinda liked the roster.!I suppose I never really set myself up for a potential disappointment like this one appears to have been for you guys... :urg:

I'll easily admit that roster is a LOT more attractive on the basis it has K. Rool and a potential 3rd MOTHER rep, but however I still think the 35 roster has a little more credit to it at the moment... it's been predicted by quite a few slightly credible people outright and not just made out of multiple seperate theories, and it HAS been triple-confirmed by NeoGAF, which is a rather serious gaming site and they don't treat silly leaks lightly. There would be major repercussions all around if it was false, especially since a moderator has endorsed it.

All I'm saying is that the amount for the 35 roster kinda outweighs that particular list. I'm not saying I believe the 35 list at all, it's just something I can actually live with if it's real. I'd love for it to be wrong and the real list has more, but it's just getting more and more inevitable as time passes.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321

Um. Sorry, but what the hell does that mean? Dixie's a hell of a lot of a better choice than K.Rool.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
In the next 5 to 7 days, just prepare yourself for your favorite character to likely not be on the roster(****, I'm pessimistic(sp?). Oh, and the fact that nobody will believe it will be great ^_~.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Although I'd much rather see this roster, I really don't know. Narrowed down to 38 characters, just three more than the one that everyone is going on about, it's already a lot better.

The Legend Of Zelda

Smash Cadet
This roster was recently leaked from SSB4!

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Link
Ganon
Zelda
Tingle
Vaati

Red
Pikachu
Giovanni
Mewtwo
Arceus

Ike
Micaiah
Black Knight

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Samus
Ridley
Metroid Prime

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Andy
Sami

Wario

Fox

Ray

Stafy

Lucas

Captain Olimar

Animal Crosser

Pit

Isaac

Little Mac

Boy, I can't wait for that!

0ranger

Smash Cadet
The guy who "leaked" Mushroomy Kingdom said nothing about Ridley. This roster reeks of desperate fanboyism...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
"Originally Posted by MajinNecro69
Let me see here (Let's take into account ChaosZero, ShadowXOR and GameFaqs guy and ignore the 35 character roster for a second):
Mushroom Kingdom: 4-5 Reps (if we should keep Mushroom Kingdom's franchise amount the same as Melee)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.? Paper Mario?

Zelda: 4-5 Reps (see Mario)
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Vaati? Midna/Wolf Link?

Pokemon: 4 Reps
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-PT
-Lucario

StarFox: 3-4 Reps (They won't get more than Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda or Pokemon for **** sure)
-Fox
-Second Rep
-Third Rep
-Possible Fourth Rep
(Toss up among Falco, Krystal, Wolf & ROB64)

Metroid: 3 Reps MAX (Let's think about this. Sylux and the hunters aren't characters, that's a fact)
-Samus/ZSS
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Fire Emblem: 2-3 Reps (I doubt they'll remove Marth)
-Ike
-Marth
-Micaiah

DK: 2-3 Reps
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong

Earthbound: 2-3 Reps
-Lucas
-Ness
-Claus? Porky?

Kirby: 3 Reps
-Kirby
-Meta-Knight
-King Dedede

Single-Rep Franchises:
-Pikmin & Olimar
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Snake
-Wario
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-ROB? "

Not bad. couple of points - I like Bowser Jr, over Geno, I doubt Zelda will get another rep (besides WW Link), I'm pretty sure that we will get another 3rd party, I strongly believe that Samus/Zamus is the only rep we'll get for Metroid. There are more but i don't feel like listing anymore.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman

Um. Sorry, but what the hell does that mean? Dixie's a hell of a lot of a better choice than
K.Rool.
I agree really, that part of the OP seemed really uncalled for in my opinion. There's much worse than Dixie.

As for why people think K. Rool is sensible, I guess most people think K.Rool is a better choice since he's made tons of appearances in the DK series know, and some even say he's been in more than DK himself. He also fits in with the fact that there seems to be quite a few newcomers with rather evil motives, which makes them all the more useful for some good ol' Subspace Emissary conflict.

As much as I want to see K. Rool in, I think Dixie Kong is a good choice too that I can easily live with too. She's really the only other Kong that doesn't seem like a pointless addition to any character roster... besides Cranky, he would have been awesome but his chances suck. Even as an AT, since Resetti already rants about junk.

EDIT: I lol'd at Legend of Zelda's roster. So many assist trophies who are now suddenly playable... that would be a twist, indeed.

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
the reason the 35 roster holds water is that it was created BEFORE the starting roster was revealed. this was created after and has no bearing on anything.
That roster, just like this one, has no bearing on the alleged starting roster. They only correlate because of a perceived coincidence people like ShortFuse have.

How can you say it more credible? I had like mathematics and probability stuff in mine. I did backtracking and history. I even added pictures! This isn't a theory at all. This is "I would like Brawl to have these characters in it"
No no, the only difference between the possibility of this roster, and the possibility of your roster, is the amount of work each person has put into the thread. Again, you blew things out of proportion, but neither roster is in any way more likely than the other. I don't think the "coincidence" of your photoshop is a big deal.

Anyway, you want some probability?

The probability that Sakurai will choose a character on wheels who can hardly move as a playable character in his LAST Smash Bros game is highly unlikely. The fact that they've put so much content and the comments from EVERY OTHER SOURCE, Nintendo and otherwise, are enough to believe that there are more than 35 characters in the roster.

The fact that the roster is unbalanced in terms of character representation makes it unlikely.

The fact that the 35-character roster adds very little new franchises makes it very unlikely.

There are LOTS of reasons not to believe the roster, and only one coincidence to believe it. I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm believing that a handful of "leakers" are legit. Even with ChaosZero's (most SURPRISING) claim that the Dragoon Parts are in, that's not enough for me to assume that the rest of the characters he mentioned are in.

We'll find out soon enough, but don't give up hope on a better roster.

Note: I do not believe any one of these rosters because they're all based off "prophets". Big deal, anyone can make a bunch of predictions. The only reason they haven't been proven wrong is because not enough information is out. The most credible leaker, in my opinion, is ChaosZero, because he guessed something non-character related months earlier. Does he support this list?

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Um, sorry for sounding dumb or ignorant, but what does logic or credibility have to do with roster predictions? As far as I see it, if the character has been on at least one Nintendo game, isn't an assist trophy or pokéball, and isn't a very generic or basic being (i.e. Goomba, Kremling, Redead), then there is a chance.

To say a prediction list has logic or merit... well, hey, give me a whirl at predicting one, I'll even defend it. From 35 to 60, the choices cannot be taht far from impossible.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Alright well...the problem glares out at me like a golden nipple stud.

WHERE'S CAPTAIN FALCON?!?

It kinda dashes any sort of credibility(not that I actually take any of these rosters seriously, but still) without our favourite knee-wielding, falcon-punching, show-me-your-moves-ing captain...

spindash

Smash Ace
Alright well...the problem glares out at me like a golden nipple stud.

WHERE'S CAPTAIN FALCON?!?

It kinda dashes any sort of credibility(not that I actually take any of these rosters seriously, but still) without our favourite knee-wielding, falcon-punching, show-me-your-moves-ing captain...
Holy crap!!! XD I didn't realize that!

WHERE THE HECK IS HE!? XD

Rakath

Smash Ace
The thing about this one (compared to the 35) is that none of the major series got shafted to 1 rep (Rather, Metroid didn't get shafted to 1 rep). The 38 list doesn't just spit on a bunch of fans. I think the biggest issue with the 35 rep list is the Fox/Falco/Wolf aspect. Even not counting R.O.B. as a Star Fox rep, those 3 reps together without Dark Samus/Ridley is the unbelievable part.

Fox and Falco
Samus and Dark Samus

Fox and Wolf
Samus and Ridley

MAYBE Fox, Falco/Wolf, and Krystal
Samus

But Fox, Falco, Wolf
Samus

No, never. The list we have gives a fair rep count to everyone... and that'd make people happier. And making more people happier makes it believable. Also the 38 number makes it more believable (38 makes it an even Selectable cast increase as the one from 64 to Melee (13).

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman

Um. Sorry, but what the hell does that mean? Dixie's a hell of a lot of a better choice than K.Rool.
Okay, come on: Who would have a more unique moveset and playstyle?

A fat crocodile who has a musket, a throwable crown and many crazy tools (Roolenstein)?
Or Dixie who has the same body proportions as Diddy and the only thing that is different is her hair. Wow, she would have her weapon from DK64 instead of the Peanut Launcher...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So Capt Falcon is gone, but we get to enjoy such "great" characters as Midna/Vaati/Wolf Link, Bowser Jr, ROB, and yet another Mother rep? That list is terrible.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet

Dixie = Clone body type of Diddy, potential new attacks revolving around the hair, including a "hover" ability (like DK ^B), but otherwise built on the foundations of Diddy. Think Fox / Falco.

King K Rool = Potential new heavy weight with move set unique to character. Classic franchise villain that rounds off both the DK roster list, and also adds a solid SSE character (Good Guys Vs. Bad Guys).

You might like Dixie as a better character, but King K Rool would be a far better addition for a good solid number of reasons including gameplay, variety, and story.

Plus, King K Rool in his DKC2 pirate outfit is epic win.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt dk gets one more char, but K. Rool>dixie. I mean, it's OBVIOUS.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. K. Rool pwns Dixie in everyway. Plus the game needs more villains. It also needs more girls but not girls that would be clones of a guy character. Eh, you get what I'm saying.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
XD

Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice the lack of Captain Falcon! I guess I'm just not used to seeing him...

Revven

FrankerZ
No, this was NOT created the same was the 35 roster was. You're forgetting the credible people who CONFIRM the roster. Such as Markman and Reno. This roster was compiled randomly, unlike the 35 one.

Sorry, but, this topic loses.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
No, this was NOT created the same was the 35 roster was. You're forgetting the credible people who CONFIRM the roster. Such as Markman and Reno. This roster was compiled randomly, unlike the 35 one.

Sorry, but, this topic loses.
Quoted for truth.

Top Bottom