• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Orleans Dibbz Monthly #3 (2/1/2009)

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
As a few of you know, I will be taking over the New Orleans monthlies. The previous tournaments have been a great success and I will do my best to make sure it will be run perfectly.

Date: February 1st, 2009.

6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA

Time:
11 AM till Completion.
I will close registration at 12:00

Entry Fee:
8$ and 2$ venue fee= 10$ total (singles) Teams-5$ a person.

Format and Rules
Singles and Double Tournament.
Singles Split: 55/30/10/5
Doubles Split: 60/30/10
No items.
Three Stocks.
Time Limit will be set to seven minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
Best two of three.
Bring your own controller.
Advanced slob picks
Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.

Doubles
* Same standard rules and stages as singles.
Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
* Stock sharing is allowed.
* Team Attack is on.

Stage List:
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, and Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
Everything else.

IMPORTANT INFO TO BE SPECIFIED.
The way we do level striking is, we take turns striking out levels UNTIL ONE is left. So you dont have to worry about ANY ones you dislike.

Additional
Anyone who is capable of bringing a Wii/TV will be much appreciated. For a tournament such as this to work effectively, we need to have at least eight TVs.

Set-ups
PLEASE let me know if you can bring a set up. Dibbz has 2 tv's but i'd like at least 8-10.
1. Lee- TV-Wii-Brawl
2. *Ruse- TV-Wii-Brawl
3. FakeGeorge-TV-Wii-Brawl
4. Hyro- TV-Wii-Brawl
5. Nikzor- TV+wii+brawl+recording device
6. Mura - TV-wii- brawl- recording device*
7. CJ - TV-wii-brawl
8. Pritch- TV- wii- melee

Headcount
1. Lee
2. Cyphus
3. Ricky B
4. Roni
5. Mak*
6. Chaddly
7. Holy Chef
8. Brennan
9. Sudai
10. Nikzor
11. *Ruse
12. FakeGeorge
13. Hyrulian Royalty
14. John Wu (Juju)
15. Everpower
16. Pierre
17. GuyinGreen
18. Avery
19. Eet
20. Batto
21. CJ
22. DJ
23. Mura *
24. Arcadia
25. Bragi
26. Bragi's friend
27. Bomber
28. Emosso
29. Seiya*
30. Furbs*
31. Sethlon*
32. BEAH*
33. Devon
34. Cruise
35. Xyro

*Most likely attending.

I know many more off the top of my head but confirm me of your name/setup if you can bring one and I'll add you to the list. :) Thanks.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
It looks like I will be able to make this after all. I'll have a full setup (TV/Wii/Brawl).

Also, what's with the venue fee? Is that so we can use tio and not Dibbz's bracket program? I'm not complaining, just curious.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Well before we were promoting the tournaments on gametabs. The dibbz owner doesn't want to use it anymore bc he thinks the website is just fail. He just wants a venue fee now instead for using the place :/

Also, should i post this on all is brawl as well.? I hate all is brawl lol.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
any of you out-of-staters looking at this thread? You guys should come.
Dibbz stays open to like 4am. We've got great arcade machines for a quarter: MvC2, Third Strike, CvSNK2, etc, as well as the best computers with the best games.
but ur really coming for brawl. So just look forward to playing LA's bests. me, lee, and me.

also.
butthole good.
and u just lost the game if its 8:10pm central.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
That sorta sucks about the venue fee, but Gametabs did seem pretty useless.

All is Brawl isn't necessary, but some people only check AiB. I would make a tournament page there. Some people like 1221 and Sev will only hear about it through All is Brawl.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'm there.

Put me down for a Wii-Brawl-Infinite Replay.

Not a problem, just making sure, is there both a $2 venue fee and 20% from the pot?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'm down, you have me there already. =D

Put me down for TV+wii+brawl+recording device, even though I'm contemplating not using it at tournaments anymore... Idk, it depends on a few things. All the same, I'll be there Lee baby. =) <33333

Also, I guess I could bring my little TV to the tourney as well to go with Hyro's Wii, but at the same kind his wii could go with one of the two big TVs. Just let me know either way.

Hyro

Smash Lord
could you bring a tv by any chance hyro?
K. There is a 2$ venue fee. The other 8 $ will be only for the pot.
Yeah sure, I'll bring a baby tv. For you :lick:

Oh and who are you using for our next money match? :mad:

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i was talking about nicks baby tv lolol. do you have a regular sized one hyro? if not a baby ones fine lol. ill help you carry it :). and the only character i have left is sheik i think :o

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Put me down for wii+tv+brawl. I guess I can bring my recording equipment too, but it's not reliable.

Put me down as an "*" though because I've been known to have stupid things happen at the last minute.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming, and bringing along two friends. I'm really glad it's starting at 11, and that there's a team tournament. Sounds fun.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
me and my friend are comming.
co18... u should come. ive played u tons of times online and u would do well at this tourny.
for dubs: we should split the best players up. like not have lee and sudai, . its jus not fair. :]

Pritch

Smash Lord
You guys should team. Give peeps somthing to strive for.:laugh:

And I'll probably be around for this, melee setup, blah blah, etc.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You know what. I'm gona talk to my dad and see if he cant bring me to Dibbz. I now know I dont mind coming in with the way it's set up, even if it is on a sunday. It's funny, I came into metarie today at about 10 and then left at 1, the drive wasnt bad. I'll see if my dad doesnt mind coming into metarie again for this tourny.

Dont get your hopes up anyone, but I'm pretty sure my dad wont mind.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
aww its on a Sunday? i have to go to church

lol just kidding, i'll try and bring some noobs but they would probably want pools so idk if i can get anyone

lost the game at 9:03

Hyro

Smash Lord
i was talking about nicks baby tv lolol. do you have a regular sized one hyro? if not a baby ones fine lol. ill help you carry it :). and the only character i have left is sheik i think :o
nah it's baby

help me carry it? whatcha tryna say?! I can't carry it by myself or something? Callin me a wimp? :mad::mad:

I'ma tear that sheik up :lick:

Pritch

Smash Lord
i don't mind if melee people come but just remember there is a 2$ venue fee. k
What if I just go to dibbz to play melee with people, as I am wont to do on the weekends? Why should I have to pay $2 just because YOU decided to run a tournament during my normal weekend routine?;)

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
When i was talking about melee people paying a venue fee I was only referring to you bc you owe me 2$ anyway. Lol. a joke kind of not really. I decided to start playing Only Marth in melee. I want to get amazing again as i am nowhere near where i was. I'll have to quit marth altogether in brawl though, but oh well. He's actually not fun in brawl anyway. lol.

To do list.
Keep Learning Snake to his fullest extent.
Relearn Marth the way he's supposed to be played.
Learn MVC2. I'm serious about this and played for a good while today :)

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
When i was talking about melee people paying a venue fee I was only referring to you bc you owe me 2$ anyway. Pritch if your just going to slow things down and make people play melee, don't come.
Lee, you need a 45. to make you a little bit more gangster.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
is anyone interested in a side pokemon card tourny? im completely new to the pokemon card world. me and my friends play alot and ive heard that lee and company play cards. so im jus wondering if i hold a side pokemon card tourny if anyone would wanna join. maby jus a small 2dollar tourny to start. and if it doesnt work out we jus wont do it again. haha. but i will bring cards if anyone wants to play friendlies. :]

Top Bottom