• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it was jsut an example...
and can someone please explain to me how ganon would like fd? no platforms, long flat area, dodgy ledges, its just horrible, surely
*goes and check ganon boards anyway*

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Because there is nothing to interfere with Ganon, if your opponent doesn't have a long range projectile, what does the large stage do? Nothing

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Because there is nothing to interfere with Ganon, if your opponent doesn't have a long range projectile, what does the large stage do? Nothing
they dont like it, platforms are his thing, jsut like ike.
infact, him and ike are similar, too similar really. ike is like ganon and marth mixed

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well actually no, Ike and Ganon and many lowtiers are crap on paper, but they have potential, but that requires a lot of skill and dedication.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well actually no, Ike and Ganon and many lowtiers are crap on paper, but they have potential, but that requires a lot of skill and dedication.
he requires the spacing of a god, and the ability to jab cancel consistently. his potential dosent require as much skill as most others (dont get started on samus, jesus christ she has a steep learning curve, particularly if you cant short hop with her XD)
anyway back on topix, someone pick the next stage for me to do, ill probably do it tomorrow

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What? But Rainbow Cruise is an incredible stage, people only hate it because they can only fight in stages where you can camp and spam like FD.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What? But Rainbow Cruise is an incredible stage, people only hate it because they can only fight in stages where you can camp and spam like FD.
there are more reasons to why i dont liek it:
1)i'm actually an ike main, and you cant jab while the stage is moving without putting yourself in danger
2)it's a banned stage now in the uk (though under heavy dispute)
3)we have the only olimar in the world that cp's rainbow cruise vs. metaknight (and wins)

by the way, hardly anyone is even looking in here, we need to re advertise it in the social thread.
also seeing as you love rainbow cruise and its banned here, you wouldnt mind doing it will you? im really short on knowledge of it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Banned? Is UK ******** or what?
we are VERY strict on stages, we also have japes banned, pictochat very banned, norfair banne,d pirate ship banned, ps2 banned, and heated discussion about brinstar whether it should be banned or not

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Those are all banned in IL too, minus Pictochat which switches back and forth being legal or not depending on the TO and RC, it's not that bad. Brinstar, that'll be legal forever sadly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brinstar is the best and there is nothing bannable about it. Cruise however, how the **** did it get banned?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
The discussion is on Halberd right? Well, my honest opinion would be to give it about a 7.5. It gives ROB a great boost in usmash's killing power from the ridiculously low ceiling. But this also gives opponents with great vertical kill moves a boost as well, i.e. Snake, Fox, etc. It also changes depending on the stage's layout. The flying part of the stage gives you a fairly small area to fight in, and this gives characters with great close combat like Snake, a great advantage while hindering our abilities to camp. The slight dip has also been known to cause some trouble (at least for me). But since characters can recover from under the flying platform, it makes dair spikes a bit easier to land.
When the stage goes onto the actual surface of the Halberd, this is where i find it gets a bit better imo. Bigger stage means more space to camp, but the center platform can throw that off a bit, but, again, also makes it a bit easier to land u-moves. The surface of the halberd also takes away the ability to recover from under the stage. The laser doesn't present much trouble since it is easy to avoid and easier to DI from, but the arm can really mess you up if you aren't expecting it. Not to say it isn't the same for the opponent. That's pretty much all i have to say for now. I may add stuff if i think of it at a later time.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
IMO when the platform has landed in Halberd, it is one of the toughest spots for Rob to recover of any stage in Brawl, if I face a good player, they usually gimp me there.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Really? I never had much trouble with it. Though i will admit that its strange ledge has messed me up once or twice, but i would think it makes it easier to gimp people there since you could easily chase them off Halberd's ledge, of course as long as you don't get gimped yourself.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
There's a small corner off the edges on the sides of halberd's second transformation. This is a pretty good place to hide and wait for MK to drop down and stage spike him.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, we finished halberd 3 stages ago!
will anyone volunteer to write rainbow cruise or am i gonna have to write about a different stage, cause i just dont know that stage

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I suck at RC too, I'd like to know how I'm supposed to play that stage lol.
well i can say as much as, stay ahead of your opponent, and then punish as theyre trying to kep up, leave teh gyro on the stage and hope they move nito it, the gyro is the last thing on their minds unless they are a bad recovery character

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Eh, i am not so experienced with RC either. Pretty much the pros and cons would be:
Pros:
You can dtilt lock an opponent against the back end of the ship.
You can recover from under the ship.
Constantly moving stage makes it impossible for the opponent to camp effectively.
Characters with bad recovery do terribly here.
ROB can amost always recover here.
Moving stage makes things rather unpredictable
Moving stage can make it easier to kill opponents
Can dtilt lock an opponent at one part of the moving stage, which will lead to a KO from the stage scrolling
Low ceiling at some points can make dsmash a kill move

Cons:
Constantly moving stage makes it impossible for ROB to camp effectively
Moving stage can lead to ROB getting killed early
Moving stage makes things rather unpredictable
ROB will do terribly against very aerial characters such as MK or Kirby.
Gyro and glide-tosses loss effectiveness
ROB can have a hard time keeping up.

Eh, i probably overshot some things and there are likely more cons than that, but my overall rating would probably be about a 6.5

Heartstring

Smash Legend
screw it, imma do a tiny analysis of it, i want someone to do the actualy writing part i normalyl do though, i aint doing everything in this thread, particularly if im not getting any credit for it (which im not)

rainbow ride:
+favours character with better recovery (we're probably at about no.2 or no.3 for recovery)
+easy for r.o.b to stay ahead of the opponent
+almost impossible to gimp r.o.b on here
+r.o.b's lack fo killing power can be countered by the many wierd gimmicks that would doom most characters
+gyro traps can be laid without too much knowledge

=varying blast zones can cause very early deaths for anyone
=it's hard to control the stage

-most platforms cannot be fallen through, but still atacked through, leaving r.o.b's base more vulnerable than usual
-the stage needs experience an a lot of knowledge to be able to abuse it effectively

Hmmm, ROB on rainbow ride, I m going to ignore chracter specifics and jsut talk aobut how to play on rainbow ride in gerenal, and how I play on that stage.

1.Learn to assert your ground: asserting your ground is important, because most people will try to get the lower ground when playing smash, but with rainbow ride, its better to learn how to attack while manipulating your opponent, you do this my keeping youself on a certain platform, best example for me is the carpets, people will try undernith, but just reel the oppoent in, because it is a test of camping and waiting.

2. Learn good aerial game: learn the priority, range, timing of your aerials, this is basic, because you need to keep moving. not much to say here, its rpetty simple.

3 . Should you have bad aerial game, find a better alternative, this is made more aparant with one of my chracters, Donkey Kong, since his down air is while powerful, is predictable, no ranged hitbox to mindgame. and has prety harsh landing lag should you mess up, so heres what I do with him,I will utalise running away and either chargin a donkey punch, space and super armor b up, etc.

All and all, playing rainbow ride is pretty much learning to watch our opponent, watching your stage, and knowing when to change ground and assert it, this is knowlage when you remember your attacks, try not to be too afraid either. just test what works, I ue Olimar on rainbow ride, and i have not lost a single game on hat stage yet.

I hope this is ok enough, just ask me if you want me to explain, keep in mind that this is not chracter specific, but i used characters that I can use as reference as to what I can do and what I learned myself, this is all from my experiance, and not learned from anyone else.

who to take here:
snake
diddy kong
all tether recoveries
pokemon trainer
samus
link
wolf
falco

who to NOT take here:
the sakurai trio (ban vs. meta knight if you like brinstar)
jigglypuff
pit (unless he uses up-b too often)

overall rating:
7/10

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I think that you should also take the Spacies there. Their recoveries are laughable, but Fox probably does the best out of the spacies, but still not too well. I am also not so sure about Gyro traps but that may just be me.
I also feel that while you can't fall through, but still attack through some platforms is pretty much neutral since it can also work in ROB's favor.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think that you should also take the Spacies there. Their recoveries are laughable, but Fox probably does the best out of the spacies, but still not too well. I am also not so sure about Gyro traps but that may just be me.
I also feel that while you can't fall through, but still attack through some platforms is pretty much neutral since it can also work in ROB's favor.
i would say foxes vertical killing power has you off the top during the moving right sectino at about 40%, no exaggeration.
falco, i was jsut abot to mentino the chaingrab, but it practically dosent work on rob so yeah, him too
wolf: has all the toold he needs to ruin you here, a potent spike, a throw that sends you horixontally which cannot be teched (you slide along the floor) a relatively large, short range projectile, but yeah, youre probably ok against wolf
also, the not being able to fall through harms r.o.b more than most other characters because of his lack on base covering moves
*edits main post*

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Well yes, that is why Fox has a larger advantage than the other spacies all because of that usmash. Falco has pretty much no chance against ROB here but his lasers can mess you up since most of this stage places you in the air and you can't shield in the air.
The thing about Wolf, while he may have potent tools such as a good fair that he can jump-cancel, a great auto-canceling bair and other things, once you get him off-stage, he has a very hard time getting back on. Besides, this is ROB, he always survives a spike :D
j/k
But i don't know what you are saying but you can tech Wolf's dthrow, but you can only do so at mid-pecents, and like you said, you will slide from his dthrow, but only at lower percents.
As for ROB's lack of base covering moves, yes this is true, but his dair has a decent range and can well hit well under him, but it is pretty situational. And i still think he can do well by attacking through the platforms simply because of how long he can stay in the air from the Robo-burner

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I got wrecked by nickriddle here, I feel like we don't have the advantage against zss here. I might have played the MU all wrong though lol. But srsly like she has a lot more priority in the air than I ever imagined q.q

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
ZSS has insane priority in her uair especially. She has some good options if she paralyzes you with her gun and her whip (side B) has a great range. She can also reach through from under platforms well thanks to her plasma wire, especially on the carpets. Another thing that helps her survive is her high reaching second jump and her down-B. This helps since she won't be able to use her whip to effectively tether.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, we're all got this as far as we can go, my good man dopl is gonna come and teach you all how to ride the rainbow, so stay tuwned XD

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, ROB on rainbow ride, I m going to ignore chracter specifics and jsut talk aobut how to play on rainbow ride in gerenal, and how I play on that stage.

1.Learn to assert your ground: asserting your ground is important, because most people will try to get the lower ground when playing smash, but with rainbow ride, its better to learn how to attack while manipulating your opponent, you do this my keeping youself on a certain platform, best example for me is the carpets, people will try undernith, but just reel the oppoent in, because it is a test of camping and waiting.

2. Learn good aerial game: learn the priority, range, timing of your aerials, this is basic, because you need to keep moving. not much to say here, its rpetty simple.

3 . Should you have bad aerial game, find a better alternative, this is made more aparant with one of my chracters, Donkey Kong, since his down air is while powerful, is predictable, no ranged hitbox to mindgame. and has prety harsh landing lag should you mess up, so heres what I do with him,I will utalise running away and either chargin a donkey punch, space and super armor b up, etc.

All and all, playing rainbow ride is pretty much learning to watch our opponent, watching your stage, and knowing when to change ground and assert it, this is knowlage when you remember your attacks, try not to be too afraid either. just test what works, I ue Olimar on rainbow ride, and i have not lost a single game on hat stage yet.

I hope this is ok enough, just ask me if you want me to explain, keep in mind that this is not chracter specific, but i used characters that I can use as reference as to what I can do and what I learned myself, this is all from my experiance, and not learned from anyone else.

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
i think we should just try and stay away from ur enemy and camp to try and mess him up also if u not like this go for the wait for them to approach and just sheild grab? or watever u like to do.....

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I just have to play this stage more from now on, I haven't thought it was too good for Rob.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Banned? Is UK ******** or what?
No, they are very smart actually. Meta Knight loses more CP's. It's we other who are *******.

And RC should be banned too. Try to not be above your opponent, always be as low as you can on this stage. Nair is excellent here. Don't take Meta Knight, Olimar, G&W, King Dedede, Kirby and Fox here. Bring Ice Climbers, Falco and Diddy Kong here. This stage gets 5/10 from me.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
And RC should be banned too. Try to not be above your opponent, always be as low as you can on this stage. Nair is excellent here. Don't take Meta Knight, Olimar, G&W, King Dedede, Kirby and Fox here. Bring Ice Climbers, Falco and Diddy Kong here. This stage gets 5/10 from me.
Being as low as possible is not always the smarter way to go, sometimes its the higher platform, best case of this is the rocking platform just after the carpets, abouve that are some donut platforms (name taken from yoshis island) since the platform is rocking left and right, it is harder to keep a good ground game going and only a handful of chracters can abuse that lower rocking platform, but peple will predict that you will attack undernieth and just wait you out.

The stage itself for me is fine, and sort of creates certain balance when it comes to chain crabbing, but I would not be suprised or angry if it got banned, I would just lose my best stage lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Being as low as possible is not always the smarter way to go, sometimes its the higher platform, best case of this is the rocking platform just after the carpets, abouve that are some donut platforms (name taken from yoshis island) since the platform is rocking left and right, it is harder to keep a good ground game going and only a handful of chracters can abuse that lower rocking platform, but peple will predict that you will attack undernieth and just wait you out.

The stage itself for me is fine, and sort of creates certain balance when it comes to chain crabbing, but I would not be suprised or angry if it got banned, I would just lose my best stage lol.
it has been banned here, andy raged about it because he sucks on it, so banned it

Top Bottom