• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Official BBR Tier List Released

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321738 [rightw]
[/rightw]
Content Contributor: Marc

The Brawl Backroom (BBR) has finally released a new version of the tier list for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They have decided to take a different approach to the tier list by weighing monetary wins, the SWF match-up chart, and BBR votes combined.

Without further ado:

BBR Tier List v7

S: :metaknight: (±0)
A: :olimar: (+6) :diddy: (-1) :popo: (+3) :snake: (-2)
B: :falco: (-2) :marth: (-2) :pikachu2: (+1) :wario: (-3)

High
C: :zerosuitsamus: (+2) :lucario: (-1) :dedede: (-1) :toonlink: (+1)

Borderline
D: :wolf: (+2) :gw: (-2) :fox: (-1) :peach: (±0) :pit: (+3)

Mid
E: :rob: (+1) :kirby2: (-1) :sheilda: (+3) :sonic: (±0) :dk2: (-5) :ike: (-1) :sheik: (+1)
F: :yoshi2: (+2) :ness2: (±0) :pt: (+1) :luigi2: (-4)

Low
G: :lucas: (±0) :mario2: (±0) :samus2: (+1) :bowser2: (-1) :falcon: (±0)
H: :jigglypuff: (+1) :link2: (-1) :zelda: (±0) :ganondorf: (±0)

The largest notable difference can be seen in Olimar's significant leap in the tier list.

Not quite what you expected? Exactly what you had hoped for? Visit the Official BBR Tier List thread located in the Metagame Data & Ruleset Discussion forum and share your thoughts.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Alright, Jiggs went up one! Can someone explain to me why lol?

AO2

Smash Rookie
ONCE AGAIN THE BBR HAS RELEASED ANOTHER FLAWED TIER LIST....olimar is not second best on the game jsut because he ***** ALLY and other U.S players...in all truth U.S player dont have any olimar player that use him to the fullest...U.S players had a lack of experiance when it came to him being used right thats all...some of the best characters still lay close to the bottom of the list...Fox,sheik,G&W all being characters that **** high tier character and still remain in there same position. way ta go BBR yu guys have much to learn about brawl and its characters

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
ONCE AGAIN THE BBR HAS RELEASED ANOTHER FLAWED TIER LIST....olimar is not second best on the game jsut because he ***** ALLY and other U.S players...in all truth U.S player dont have any olimar player that use him to the fullest...U.S players had a lack of experiance when it came to him being used right thats all...some of the best characters still lay close to the bottom of the list...Fox,sheik,G&W all being characters that **** high tier character and still remain in there same position. way ta go BBR yu guys have much to learn about brawl and its characters

Say whut? Got kicked of the chart by Olimar? :glare:

3rd place for Diddy ain't bad still... But yeah. Gotta learn about a specific match up right now. :smirk:

What caused the enourmous drop of 5 places for Donkey Kong though?

P.I.E.

Smash Ace

I agree and disagree. Although a tether recovery as almost no business being that high, the tiers are also based on CONSISTENCY of tourney victories. MK can be beaten using anyone in the cast, as it's been proven, however there are certain qualities that olimar has over many characters. If U.S. doesn't use their olimar to it's fullest potential, then that just means they placed him lower than he could be, right? But MK's top, so 2nd's the spot for oli apparently. I mean look: He can gimp with pikmin, rack up damage nice with pikmin, negate attacks with that down special, his throws and smashes can often combo into each other, all of his moves are powerful, i mean the only downside to him is his tether. if it weren't for that, I'm sure you could put him on par with mk IMO if only it wasn't a tether @_@

Life

Smash Hero
Olimar's placement was explained by massive tournament income (even more than MK apparently) combined with everyone voting him third. I expect him to go down a spot or two by next list.

Top Bottom