• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (April 1st, 2015)

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
Watch as Sakurai shows up and says April Fools! I am creating another character patch for Smash 4, and this one will nerf Diddy's Hoo-Haa...because eff you, that's why.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'm really afraid about this direct. since tomorrow with be april fools... they may pull out something to piss us off. like... something with mewtwo..?

I've got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach ;-;
"We would like to announce something many of you have been waiting for, please take a look"
*Mother appears on screen*
"We would like to announce for the first time that Gamer from Game&Wario is being released o the 3DS eshop with a new multiplayer mode."

"You were expecting Mother 3?

Please Understand"

AnTMaN_76

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnTMaN_1999
3DS FC
0275-8515-2986
I hope that Nintendo shows off some fire emblem, mewtwo and the tournament mode on smash bros wii u with some zelda wii u gameplay

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but April Fools' Day doesn't exist in Japan!

according to Wikipedia

Still a really bad day to release this, though. If they waited just 1 day then there wouldn't be any doubt... :?:
It isn't celebrated but Japanese people know about it. Much like Easter, American Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Kawanza. So they know jokes are played on the 1st. The younger generation also tends to be more receptive to playing jokes.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
This is a very odd place to have a Direct, though; usually they save the big guns for E3, so revealing Mewtwo in a Direct seems odd...unless they have something up their sleeves for E3 that they're not telling us about; they're playing the hot cards right now (Splatoon, the Smash Mewtwo DLC) instead of at E3...so what if Nintendo has a surprise ready for either the Direct or for E3 relating to Smash?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

MOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPEMOREHYPE!!!

DON'T LET ME DOWN, NINTENDO!!!

Last edited:

gaminggentleguy

Smash Rookie
NNID
gaminggentleguy2
Well... The new legend of link U will take a while to come out... SPLATOON SPAM SPLATOON SPAM SPLATOON SPAM!!!!!!!! By the way, who else bought the RESERVATION CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not hype-er beam for splatoon. Wait... What if nintendo made a big April fools joke about the new zelda game not coming out this year? ZELDA ZELDA!!!!!!!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, still not expecting Paper Mario (more at E3), but I don't think I'm much interested....well I am for Mewtwo, but let's just day that I don't think I would be shocked or anything.

Though, still, directs are

:)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh you Nintendo. Stay classy! Pumped though its game time

Andromear

Smash Cadet
Why did Nintendo choose April 1 for a Nintendo Direct? They should know that in the United States April 1st is a day of pranks and jokes, and is not the time that they should give out new information.

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Does Japan even have April fools day?
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but April Fools' Day doesn't exist in Japan!

according to Wikipedia

Still a really bad day to release this, though. If they waited just 1 day then there wouldn't be any doubt... :?:
Pretty sure it does, otherwise Nitroplus wouldn't release April Fools days jokes like these videos every April Fools Day.
I'm really excited for this years April Fools day by the way.

Umbra of Shadows

Smash Rookie
Sakurai: "We would like to announce that Nintendo will be endorsing tournaments for my masterpiece, the game I spent countless hours on, the game in which my own character was downgraded for the good of the many, the game where I trolled you all by making Pichu playable, Super Smash Bros. Melee!

Is something I would say if it was still April Fool's Day in Japan. Just enjoy that joke for a minute, Americans!"
Seriously, though, thank you, Sakurai, for giving us one of the greatest game series of all time.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wonder if they'll be news on when exactly the amiibo wave 4 line will come out. I ain't gonna rest until I get Lucina, dammit!

Last edited:

J-V-I

Smash Rookie
It's a good thing that Nintendo is aware that they are planning this Nintendo Direct on April Fools Day.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
My guesses:
-Mewtwo gameplay and release date
-Pokemon Rumble World (Unfortunately, but I'll probably still get it) -Amiibos
-Mario Kart 7 pack two info
-Other stuff I'm forgetting to list

J-V-I

Smash Rookie
My guesses:
-Mewtwo gameplay and release date
-Pokemon Rumble World (Unfortunately, but I'll probably still get it) -Amiibos
-Mario Kart 7 pack two info
-Other stuff I'm forgetting to list
You just got to wait and see...

Keefer

Smash Cadet
Has everybody forgot about Tournament mode and the Miiverse stage? I'm certain that if he talks about Mewtwo then those updates are going to be released with the update.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
>Plans a direct on April 1st
>Says it's no joke
Not suspicious at all.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Can't wait!!! Hoping Mew Two will be out tomorrow night, per the rumors. I will be streaming him in battle if so. Glad I will be off of work to watch this without interruption.

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
The leak was confirmed fake by the person who posted it, it's pure coincidence that there happens to be a Direct on the same day that was mentioned.

I'd also like to mention that there have been a few "leaks" about an April 1st Direct on 4chan, even before this German one caught people's attention.
It's my ***** Etika!!!! MY ****!!!

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
What mewtwo does to nintendo if (s)he isn't talked about in the direct
guess what's behind mewtwo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Would be really hilarious and sad if they announced that Mewtwo being in Smash 4 was an April Fools joke.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Would be really hilarious and sad if they announced that Mewtwo being in Smash 4 was an April Fools joke.
Well, the resulted rage of the fans would have the force to move worlds, if that was the case.:roll:

It is, however, suspicious that they would chose this date, huh.
if I did the math right, though, the video is going to stream on Japan at April 2nd, not 1st, 'cause time zones. So there's the answer to most people who think they are going to make an April fool's joke/killjoy

Top Bottom