• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New New MA Player Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cogsmooch, your avatar is bossk (haha get it?! Boss but with a k but I guess his name has two S' in it so it loses it's general appeal) but you're a dirty lier. Unless Memphy cleaned up his act, I'm probably not in thar.

I forgot to tell you guys: stop looking for my play station memory card. I found it. And Silent Hill is better then expected for a 1999 game ^___^ *squee*
Wait what am I lying about? What?

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Name - DONUT
Area - South of Boston: Norwood/Dedham/Walpole/Westwood
AIM - ItsChrisHede
Main: Peach

Let's brawl fools

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Coconut ftw

Hahaha Location: Bosskton, MA, the bounty hunting capital of the galaxy. No love for Dengar?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
ECRC Fundraisers

Ok guys so I'll admit, I'm an addict. I can't help myself, I neeeed to host some tournaments soon. I'm looking into some venues in Spencer (where I live) and I'd like to use them as fundraisers to help pay out the points winners of the ECRC at Cataclysm. Naturally this means pot skimming, but nothing major, 10% tops to be taken and a nominal venue fee depending on how much it will cost me to rent it. I'm not expecting it to be anything major so maybe $5? Obviously nothing is final but I need to gauge interest before I bother doing any of the legwork. And this could potentially turn into a monthly thing, even after the Circuit season, if attendence is high enough.

Think of this as the beginning of getting our region into shape. We're god-awful as far as the nation is concerned, likely dead last in overall skill level and frankly that needs to change. So anyone who is dedicated can use this as a tool to improve. All the Mages will be there and I'm sure Maine could make an appearance as well so you'll have the best players in your area to compete with on a regular basis, how cool is that?

So let me know either here on on AIM. My s/n is the same as my name here so drop me a line if you're interested.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to hear that people are trying to get things going with MA.

I was thinking that maybe somehow we could organize something where people from the Boston area get together to play Smash every couple weeks or at least once a month. Wouldn't have to be anything official like a tournament, and hopefully wouldn't require a large venue - just somebody's house / apartment or whatever. Where it is would change depending on who is available to host that week / month or whatever.

I'd like to get involved with these sorts of things but when I'm at school I really am limited to the Boston area, so really anywhere I can get to via the T or Commuter Rail is fine but beyond that I can't do much (plus I'm not good enough for it to be worth traveling a really long ways).

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it would be pretty sweet to set up a Boston area training system. I'm in the same boat, I'm not good enough to merit traveling and staying places (yet), but I need people that I can train with and up my game with.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Name - Relax
Hometown - North Boston Area - Arlington, mA
Main Character(s) - Captain Falcon
-
Game Preference - Melee
AIM - woofy1631
T - Stop - end of red line (alewife), 77 or 79

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It's nice to hear that people are trying to get things going with MA.

I was thinking that maybe somehow we could organize something where people from the Boston area get together to play Smash every couple weeks or at least once a month. Wouldn't have to be anything official like a tournament, and hopefully wouldn't require a large venue - just somebody's house / apartment or whatever. Where it is would change depending on who is available to host that week / month or whatever.

I'd like to get involved with these sorts of things but when I'm at school I really am limited to the Boston area, so really anywhere I can get to via the T or Commuter Rail is fine but beyond that I can't do much (plus I'm not good enough for it to be worth traveling a really long ways).
Yeah it would be pretty sweet to set up a Boston area training system. I'm in the same boat, I'm not good enough to merit traveling and staying places (yet), but I need people that I can train with and up my game with.
Well we have this coming up, and there is a T stop about 20mins away. I can maybe arrange something, but it'd be nice if we could get some of you guys there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191433
Spencer =/= Boston area.
There needs to be meetups/small tournies in the Boston area! Like, easily accessible by T. (not commuter rail, but T) Anybody have any ideas?

edit: welcome Mokumo! memphis update the list :)

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Well, I mean, a couple times I could probably have people over at my apartment at BC, but I don't know about anything regular.

Like I said previously, it'd be nice if all the people in the Boston area could kind of put their heads together and agree on ways to meet every so often (every other week, every two weeks, once a month...whatever) and then we'd just figure out where it's going to be held on a case to case basis. Does that make sense?

If we have at least 5-10 people in the area I would think it wouldn't be that hard...doesn't have to be super organized or anything, just people getting together to play Smash. Because I don't think I'm going to end up playing much Smash, at least not against anybody serious, unless something like that gets organized.

So I guess the first bit of business is:

a) To figure out who is interested who lives in the Boston area (accessible by T)

b) How often we would want to meet up

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Honestly I think the question is who lives within walking distance of the T (Not the commuter rail) or is willing to pick people up from the train, and can have many people over?

I think Matt.Zeb is all of the above, though I haven't tried to get to his house by train, nor will I volunteer him for this.

Hey Cogsmooch, let us all come ovah.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Well let's keep it focused.

How many people are actually active and interested in the Boston area? It's hard to tell from the list on the front page, since it's kind of old and rarely updated.

And how often would we want to meet if we could get this to be an at least quasi regular thing?

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
I live in Walpole, like 20 minutes south of town, so if there are any people that live in that area we could arrange a car pool or something to a more central venue, so if anyone lives in that area we could arrange something. Also, I go to UMass Boston, and we have a game room where we Smash all the time. It's not huge, and we usually have a bunch of people playing, but if a few people wanted to meet there pretty much any day of the week that could be arranged.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
hey owm im like 30 mins away from yur house, maybe i can come over and get ***** by an actuall good player.

edit: i live in worcester

Spife

Smash Master
Anyone on the vineyard? I'm vacationing right now, not looking to play just curious if any one is in the area.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The very first order of business isn't who wants to play, it's where

I live in Walpole, like 20 minutes south of town, so if there are any people that live in that area we could arrange a car pool or something to a more central venue, so if anyone lives in that area we could arrange something. Also, I go to UMass Boston, and we have a game room where we Smash all the time. It's not huge, and we usually have a bunch of people playing, but if a few people wanted to meet there pretty much any day of the week that could be arranged.
Is the game room open on the weekend? Hours? Is this our fabled venue?

Questor I can have people over sometime but I'd have to pick you up from the Orange Line unless you want to walk the 3 miles to my house ^_^

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
The very first order of business isn't who wants to play, it's where

Is the game room open on the weekend? Hours? Is this our fabled venue?

Questor I can have people over sometime but I'd have to pick you up from the Orange Line unless you want to walk the 3 miles to my house ^_^
Sorry guys, I guess the game room isn't going to be the epic training center I thought it'd be. I had my first day of classes today, an apparently we can't bring any systems in to play, because we were making too much noise!?!? That was all due to Rockband and Guitar Hero, I don't see why they had to apply the rule to all games...

Gamers get no love

Spife

Smash Master
Speaking of game rooms i'm totally starting a club at my college tomorrow for smash (or starting to start one, depending on how many people I need). Can you say, "bi/weeklies in north western mass?" ho-yeah!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i met these chicks here at massart that are from western mass

the conversation was something like...

me - where you from?
them - _________ (I forget the place)
me - where the hell is that? ma?
them - like yeah, Springfield area
me - oh, so you actually don't live anywhere
them - what?
me - no one knows ma has a western area, i consider it to stop after boston.
them - yeah, that's kinda true
me - ohhhh yeah

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Haha. I always forget that there's more of Massachusetts under Vermont. Being from New Hampshire, I always kind of assume that where NH ends, Massachusetts ends right underneath it.

Anyways....pretty much any part of Mass. that is West of Worcester is no-man's land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom