• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Tournament March 31st

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Pice knows the address!!! It's on his fliers. Ask him.

OK guys, I've got the rest of the GCN's covered. We've got a total of seven now, yes? Including Skye and them's right? Well, I've found two more from...people...yea...that's all you need to know. One from a noob who thinks he'll win, and another from a very nice friend who probably will not even come to the tournament. Sound good? That makes nine of each, ja?

BTW, what kinds of food will be available at the tournament Joe? How much will it all cost?
hot dogs chips and soda, 1.25 for the hot dogs, 75 for the chips and drinks.....

4900 kachina st nw 87120, if u need further directions go to myspace.com/albtournaments and click on pics there is a map to the area.

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Bah, chaingrabbers.

Is it even possible to get out of a shiek on shiek chaingrab against somebody who knows what they're doing?

Anyhoo, Erich took first, Sinz took second, Sonny took third, to those of you that weren't there.

Who the heck are you?!? Who were you at the tournament?? WHAT THE HECK?!?...hmm....mmhhhmmmmmm....aha!! Are you Justin?

Yea, It's possible, but that is very dependant on your damage level and your DI. If you don't know what DI is, or in fact, much else about smash, then go to the thread misc. videos in the video section and watch Wak's AHTP video{Advanced How to Play}, it's 3 vids long. Even if you do know what all of it is, I would still suggest going and watching it, it's really helpful. Besides, I'm sure its got at least one term or thing you don't know about.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ey guys, that tourney was fun. Not much to say except thanks to those who hosted and made sure it ran smoothly, and congrats to everyone in NM for improving. We'll soon become a force to be reckoned with.

Heck yes we will!!!! We's is gonna take it to the otha states, and slam it in thems's faces!!!! Yall's ready to go out-of-state over the summer??? I am, just make sure to OK it with your parents, because that could be a crucial part of this little venture, ja? Anyways, how's about we attend some local tourney in El Paso over the summer, go visit them instead of vice-versa, eh? We could maybe attend MLG Dallas, or a MOAST, or a Evo tourney over the summer, how's that sound?? Plus, we now have Farmington and Colorado monthlies available to us, which would be AWESOME, because then we'd get the chance to play ALL of CO, and really get some OOS experience. Golden Glove is right, we will be a force to reckon with. But alas, we can discuss all this later, perhaps in depth at our smashfest, but not too much later, or we'll be planning too late.

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Who the heck are you?!? Who were you at the tournament?? WHAT THE HECK?!?...hmm....mmhhhmmmmmm....aha!! Are you Justin?

Yea, It's possible, but that is very dependant on your damage level and your DI. If you don't know what DI is, or in fact, much else about smash, then go to the thread misc. videos in the video section and watch Wak's AHTP video{Advanced How to Play}, it's 3 vids long. Even if you do know what all of it is, I would still suggest going and watching it, it's really helpful. Besides, I'm sure its got at least one term or thing you don't know about.
Yes, you guessed right. I go by Lrin Lenton and/or Shapechanger on the internet. I'm confident I don't need to look at the video, it's just that at low damage, no matter which way I DI'd he could still grab me. Once I got to 40-60% I could get out, but every stock he would chaingrab me to 40-60%, which, obviously, put me at quite a disadvantage.

I should have gone with my gut. I was thinking "Hey, Samus is my main character, I'll just see how that works out." But then I thought that having a very floaty character against a very aerial character was just asking for air combos, but I never took into account that that floatiness probably would have saved me all the pain of being chaingrabbed. (This was all after being four-stocked playing Marth, of course.)

Pice

Smash Apprentice
So does everyone think ther tournbament went nice? i hope so becaus the next one is july 7 everone prapre to do battle all over again.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Erich, El Paso would be honored to have you come down here for a little smash fest. lol

But seriously, it would be awesome if you guys got your @sses down here for some smash this summer.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sorry I haven't been posting. I went to a LAN party after the tournament and haven't plugged my computer in since then.

I think I got fourth. Woo. The tournament was awesome and well ran. Hopefully doubles will be more exciting next time, lol. Prepare for me to take first next time. Lol.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
results???

come to the Tuscon tourney on the 14th taj and forward will be there. Also about the force to be reckoned with thing i hope so but just to let you know that the colorado smasheres are about 3-4 times better then us durango smashers. I got 4 stocked by the number 2 player a handful of times and i could only beat his mewtwo his doc could up b cancle everytime on command. When you play the top half of OOsers you will realize that people are insanely good at this game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Erich, El Paso would be honored to have you come down here for a little smash fest. lol

But seriously, it would be awesome if you guys got your @sses down here for some smash this summer.
Sounds, fun me and him may do it.

I can up'b cancel consistantly, it isn't hard.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
results???

come to the Tuscon tourney on the 14th taj and forward will be there. Also about the force to be reckoned with thing i hope so but just to let you know that the colorado smasheres are about 3-4 times better then us durango smashers. I got 4 stocked by the number 2 player a handful of times and i could only beat his mewtwo his doc could up b cancle everytime on command. When you play the top half of OOsers you will realize that people are insanely good at this game.
Here's the results Pice posted (not all of them, just the top 10)

1.)Erich
2.)Sinz
3.)sonny
4.)Kash
5.)allboutpeach
6.)Alphabravo
7.)Pice
8.)GoldenGlove
9.)CJ
10.) SKYE

And yeah, I'm sure we're all prepared to get your ***** thoroughly kicked during our first OOS experiences. But my statement still stands. I mean, almost everyone in NM improved an awesome amount in just one month (from February to March), so I'm sure with more experience we'll only become greater.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Ya we will take some time, but alas the time is almost gone and the great brawl will rise to power then there wil be hackers experts and noobs alike who will have no reason to go to tornaments cause it will be online, but we cant give in we need to keep doing tournaments because it is an amazing expierence for all involved

Duha

Smash Journeyman
come to t5 that will be a good start

and what the hell happen to ABP he was good when we saw him did he all the sudden just suck and lose his smash abilit. And kash his place makes me wonder if he was sandbanging in the farmington tourney cause he wasn't that good at the farmington tourney but congrats kash maybe you are getting better

C-J

Smash Cadet
Kash did get better. Goldenglove got so much better. Erich improved his marth so much. I didn't play sinz. AllAboutPeach still rocks. He plays other games.. so i think that's why he didn't so as well as he did the past couple of tournaments.

I have to kinda slow down on my smash playing. College is killing me, and i can either study and play smash, or study and hang out with my friends lol. So we'll see what happens. Seeya guys.

Skye128

Smash Rookie
I had more fun at X-topia, but it was still fun playing with everyone. I really enjoyed playing ur characters C-J. Sorry to everyone that I did terrible this round. Thats what I get for sleeping 1 hour the night before. Kinda suprised I got 10th, heh.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I had more fun at X-topia, but it was still fun playing with everyone. I really enjoyed playing ur characters C-J. Sorry to everyone that I did terrible this round. Thats what I get for sleeping 1 hour the night before. Kinda suprised I got 10th, heh.
wow a post from skye...dont see that often, some people had fun at x-topia but that was mostly the free play evryone was talking about, like i said it would have been better for u and amir if there were more people and u werent tired but hey the next one should have alot....hope to see u guys there

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
come to t5 that will be a good start

and what the hell happen to ABP he was good when we saw him did he all the sudden just suck and lose his smash abilit. And kash his place makes me wonder if he was sandbanging in the farmington tourney cause he wasn't that good at the farmington tourney but congrats kash maybe you are getting better
Erich knocked him to loser bracket, I knocked him out. He is still good, just me and Erich are getting better.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
ya i think allboutpeaches time has finally come......at least the age of melle is still on until brawl comes.....everyone of u better have a wii before brawl comes out so we can practice online ps why is this thread still open?

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Darn El paso should of gone and won the tourney again! ;;_:; maybe next time heh.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol @ Duha.

I wasn't doing my best, that's for sure. At the Farmington tournament, that is. But honestly, the power rankings and a few other people (including you) have given me the motivation to work 10x as hard to get better. I'm workin' on it.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I would work on it.. but i dont have smash anymore :( the only time i get to play is at tournys

Duha

Smash Journeyman
well then congrats kash maybe are match will be more fun next time.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
someone should buy me a copy of smash...cause if i practiced i would truley shine (thats right davis i did that good against you without playing the game in months)

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Lol. What's your point Pice? I own j00 anyways. Maybe you should buy yourself a copy. They are only like... twenty bucks.
owned me my A@# every time u beat me it was a 1 stock....so 10 doaller mm this time around eh kash?

Top Bottom