• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Napos

Smash Ace
This tournament going to have Brawl?
I know its not on the flyer but its worth asking, ill def go if thats the case.
BTW your posts rock.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
More orders of business.

This tournament going to have Brawl?
Victor, I'll answer your question through a quote. Although you weren't in the scene yet, you should know Casey provided a venue at the Mathnasium and ran LOTS of tournaments between late 2008 - 2010. He kept a solid connection between the competitive scene and the casual players, and naturally, Brawl was the main attraction. Project: M and Melee are turning the tables today. I hope, like our Melee players, our Brawl players don't disappear :c I'll still gladly help you run Brawl and promote the game.
@Neil- Melee doubles, melee singles, etc. is entirely dependent upon you guys and whether you want to do it or not. Being that Melee's currently in the resuscitation process, it may take a while before that is a regularity.
Twins, Neil, Brad.(melee+P:M)
Replace my name with Erich and your statement is correct. I'm not going to APEX.

3. EVERY character has well-established frame data for 64, Melee, and Brawl. Yes, even repositories of hitboxes and hurtboxes are gaining traction. Project: M doesn't share that luxury for obvious reasons. Curious about the technical details of, say, Lucas's up-smash? Let me know! I can easily give you info. Here's a preview of some guides I'm creating: [COLLAPSE="Wolf's Forward-Air"][COLLAPSE="Active Hitboxes"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Damage: 11, 15, 15
Startup: 1-9 (9)
Active: 10-13 (4)
Cooldown: 14-44 (31)
IASA: 35
Total Duration: 44
Landing Lag: 26
Auto-cancelled Landing Lag:
L-cancelled Landing Lag:

Bone: LShoulderJ, LArmJ, L2ndNa
Tripping Rate: 0
Base Knockback: 15, 25, 25
Knockback Growth: 90, 100, 100
Weight-Based Knockback: 0
Direction: 80, 70, 70
SDI Potential: 1
Hitlag Multiplier: 1
Hitlag:
Shield Hitlag:
Shield Damage: 0
Shield Stun:
Shield Advantage:[/COLLAPSE]4. @Ian, @Niall, @Josh. I invited you to the channel. I'll convert all the videos from private to public soon . . . it'll be easier on EVERYONE :glare:

5. Project: M Demo v2.5 is scheduled for release on December 28, 2012. Although not explicitly announced, 2 more unreleased characters in addition to Squirtle and Ivysaur are confirmed. I almost guarantee it's Samus and Zamus; a PMBR member "accidentally" said so ;) This matters to us because 2.5 actually runs a BETTER engine and more "finalized" characters than our leaked 3.0 version.

6. On the fence about purchasing a Wii U? Buy it. Jon, Kyle, Erich, Zack, myself, Kane, and many more can attest to Nintendo Land's worth alone. Not to mention that hackers already implemented a stable Homebrew Channel (HBC) on the emulated Wii system menu. While functionality is limited now, the future will probably see equally powerful apps capable of emulation and launching backups. Gamecube controller compatibility aside, I expect the Wii to become obsolete.

7. A final reminder about the tournament! Can someone bring printouts of rulesets with legal stages for each game?

8. While our scene is reborn . . . clearly our thread is still dead as ****. Maybe I'll just repeat my behaviors when our thread was active! It only make sense! Right? RIGHT?! :urg:

Seriously I wish you all posted here more often

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
6. On the fence about purchasing a Wii U? Buy it. Jon, Kyle, Erich, Zack, myself, Kane, and many more can attest to Nintendo Land's worth alone. Not to mention that hackers already implemented a stable Homebrew Channel (HBC) on the emulated Wii system menu. While functionality is limited now, the future will probably see equally powerful apps capable of emulation and launching backups. Gamecube controller compatibility aside, I expect the Wii to become obsolete.

8. While our scene is reborn . . . clearly our thread is still dead as ****. Maybe I'll just repeat my behaviors when our thread was active! It only make sense! Right? RIGHT?! :urg:

Seriously I wish you all posted here more often
to clarify, while nintendo land has been one of the most fun games i've played in recent memory, it's only as fun as you have three+ friends to play it with on a reasonably consistent basis. other than that i'm personally sold on a wii u but i don't want to spend money on it yet.

eikelmann is a ******.

also i looked through some of the old posts via the quote neil posted, we were all *******s to each other.

Napos

Smash Ace
Maybe just tell peeps about smashboards off the bat? With the P:M scene growing, this thread can come back.

I've already accepted Brawl, like Melee is taking the back seat. Which is fine, I missed the golden years, which...is also fine .

I might be going to AZ for some brawlies next yr, Prob taking train. Holla if you wanna go.

I still look forward to learning P:M . :3

Does anyone have a wire stripper/splicer kit/tool and/or would anyone want to help me fix my arcade stick? My cat chewed through the USB wire. :(

Or if you don't think you can help. Do you know anyone who will? I'll pay.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Nintendo Land's pretty fun, but doubly so if you play multiplayer. Playing single-player is only enjoyable for a while.

But I have plenty other Wii U games...out of the ones I've played, NSMBU is great, ZombiU is awesome, and Sonic Racing Transformed is better than Mario Kart. By far.

tw1n

Smash Champion
The tournament was alot of fun. We are going to make these a monthly thing.

I would love to see the inclusion of Brawl and PS All Stars even. Maybe some rotation of the games. But it really depends on if there will be any sign of a turn out. Also, someone else would have to run it and make it go smoothly. Pending time, turn out and set-ups, we would also have to consider changing the rules to less time/stocks haha.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I hope everyone who went to Apex had a great time. Hope you lived and learned, laughed and loved. LARPed and loculated.

Anyway, this post is about the NM FGC's upcoming tournament on February 16th at Twin Suns Comics. Specifically, the fact that it's going to feature Melee in light of the game's potential inclusion at Evo 2013.

Now, because we're sharing space with other games we'll be capped at 4 set-ups. However, the set-ups will be Melee-exclusive all day (10am - 9pm), so we should have plenty of time to run a decent-sized tourney. Please post if you're interested in attending and/or if you are able to graciously provide a set-up. If you bring a full set-up (tv + console + game), your venue fee will be waived!

Next, I'd like your guys' input on the rules. As this tourney will be heavily advertised to new and casual players, I've tried to streamline Melee's Borgesian codex of clauses and sub-clauses into a few necessary bullet points. Let me know if you think there's anything that needs to be added or changed.

- Matches are best 2 out of 3 games
- Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5 games
- Double-elimination bracket
- Games will be played with 4 stock, the timer set to 8 minutes, and items set to "Off"
- Legal stages: Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
- The stage will be randomly selected for the first game in each match. In subsequent games, the loser of the previous game may choose from among the legal stages*
- Pausing a game will result in forfeit of a stock, unless the opponent chooses to waive this option
- The Ice Climbers' "wobbling" grab infinite is banned

*I went with this over stage striking for the sake of simplicity. If two inexperienced players are facing off, it's an easily explained rule. If a new player is matched up with someone established in the scene, stage selection is unlikely to be much of a factor regardless. If two experienced players meet up and would prefer to do stage striking, that's totally fine.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I don't see any problem with the rules. The simplicity seems necessary as to avoid confusion but you did a good job.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
good stuff steven. glad to see melee included.

new mexico is borderline my favourite smash state still (with like 3 other places in the world of course) and seeing the few of you guys again was one of the highlights of my trip."

if possible, it would be cool to attend genesis with you guys. if i came to new mexico for a few days before the event, maybe another carpool, even? i'll definitely have my license by then so driving would be of no concern for me personally. just an idea. flying from florida so soon after apex would be really difficult.

#brokeazz

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Steven. I am definitely there for that tournament.
My bro and I will bring a set-up.

And hey Neil. When we were practicing at my place last Wednesday! Did you accidentally grab the memory card out of the gamecube? I just noticed last night that it is gone and I cannot find it. It is actually Erichs, so I am hoping to find it very soon.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I really love numbering my posts topically. Probably never going to stop, either.

1) [COLLAPSE="A new player is among us."]From a random thread in the melee boards:
:) thanks , now i'll try to go US tournaments, since i'll be studying in New Mexico and i'm very excited of smashing with all the US great players like you.
Check out his 3-year-old combo video below. He's pretty good! Looks like we might need to update our power rankings :smirk:
[/COLLAPSE]2) [COLLAPSE="Speaking of YouTube videos . . ."]Remember our old channel that nobody watched because everything was private? Well, not anymore:
It's a mess, but I'll clean it up eventually. Now everyone can scrutinize us for how terrible we really are! Get hype :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]3) [COLLAPSE="Road to EVO 2013"]The BRCF donation drive ends this Tuesday, January 29. Watch the standings carefully as the deadline approaches. Another community might snipe us, so donate!

Even if Melee doesn't win, join us on the road trip! It's a vacation to Las Vegas :cool: Steven already confirmed his car - not to mention Zack and I could drive our cars too. Start planning; the NM smash community should seriously consider taking a caravan to the tournament this year. Unfortunately, our hotel room is almost full, so if you wish to travel with a group, book a reservation ASAP! Housing rates look something like this:
[/COLLAPSE]

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I love how you make your posts Neil. The pictures make it so much better haha.

Top Bottom