• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

/don't even know what that is
Here you go.

Tribes is a class and team based first person shooter with a focus on going fast. It's been around for a long time, and today was the release of the newest game in the series which happens to be ftp (free to play). I know no one here likes first person shooters... and I know not many of you have computers capable of running modern games. But I figured I'd toss it up on here because I like playing games but I like playing games with friends more.

Also this guy will be streaming all day and will be explaining the game as he plays if you're interested in seeing what it's like.

tekkie

Smash Master
i kinda lost interest in WHOBO but i dunno. just don't wanna spend the money. i'm really scared that i won't be able to find a job in ABQ this summerand i find the idea of living at my parents' place without working really distasteful.

going to an E4 event in socal is more of an attractive option because we might be able to get monetary help from mikehaze and might be able to find wofl housing again lol

going to ABQ this weekend to try job hunting again. don't think i'll have much time for smash or anything.

after basically three tournaments in three weeks (UNM, the one i hosted here, and then NYTE) i'm a little burnt out. gonna spend the next month very focused on school. i should be up around may 14th. NYTE was excellent anyways. got to play most of the AZ PR and i feel like i made a really good impression. i'm kinda happy to cool it for a little bit before summer rolls around. i'll be in ABQ either way this summer :)

Napos

Smash Ace
Both sound amazing.

Now that I got this new job (St. Claire's Winery and Bistro) and know more or less where I'll be living, I am ready for OOS tourneys. :3

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah, if you guys do come out i am down to help you get here. I am likely hosting a 2 day event in a few months, so that may be something that will make it worthwhile for you all.

Napos

Smash Ace
yeah, if you guys do come out i am down to help you get here. I am likely hosting a 2 day event in a few months, so that may be something that will make it worthwhile for you all.
sounds tight for me. I know walker is down. I am sure Dekar and Tekkie are too , if the tide is right.

also, anyone down to brawl this Friday?

ill drive to you.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
If Fox is at sufficiently low percent, he can tech the dthrow in place and crouch cancel the first hit of the dsmash and follow up with whatever he pleases. Otherwise, if he's at high percent, he'll need SDI to CC it. At high damage where the crouch cancel isn't practical, then he could double stick tech the dsmash and have enough time to punish Ganondorf's cooldown. But yeah, above maybe like 40% it's pretty much guaranteed . . . so the most optimal choice then is to tech roll towards the opponent and minimize damage and knockback, as the far right clip shows.

smash bros is a platform fighter

Also, let me know if you guys are planning to meet up Friday. I can't drive anywhere though ;_;

[COLLAPSE="the best thing all is brawl has ever produced"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'm hosting today. Starts at 3 pm. Bring setups. As usual, the dominant game will be 2D fighters, so if you want to play smash, make sure to bring it and confirm other people will play it with you.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13306

Alright, so if we're going to a Cali tourney, this is the one to go to. 2 months from now, during the summer, and it's being run by mike. Any other reasons we may need? ;p

@David- just play metaknight. Seriously, our state needs more MK players if we want any chance at competing.
I'm down and will provide my car

Napos

Smash Ace
TAS videos are boring all together.

Anywho...YES! LETS ALL GO. YES DAVID. YES WALKER. OMG YES YES CHELSEA WON TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! SMASH SUNDAYS?! WHO CAN MAKE THOSE?

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've got a venue. It's at Juan Tabo and Montgomery, it's called Guerilla Gaming, and there'll be a venue fee of $2-$3. Probably $3. There can be an actual entry fee for the tourney, I don't care what you guys decide, but ya he's willing to run weeklies, bi-weeklies, whatever.

We need- full setups.

tekkie

Smash Master
I've got a venue. It's at Juan Tabo and Montgomery, it's called Guerilla Gaming, and there'll be a venue fee of $2-$3. Probably $3. There can be an actual entry fee for the tourney, I don't care what you guys decide, but ya he's willing to run weeklies, bi-weeklies, whatever.

We need- full setups.
i have setups and stuff

guess i need to play more

summer's coming :woman:

Top Bottom