• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Monthlies

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay, I'll be honest. New Mexico's activity saddens me. Not to mention that our Smash ability in general, relative to other states, is rather poor. So, I think it would be a prime idea to get up some sort of monthlie. Not only would this just be loads of fun but it would allow us to practice with each other a lot more (as compared to our one smashfest like... every three months >.>). This would not only improve our individual ability but our state's ability. However, I'm going to need some participation and cooperation to get this all settled. So, who's with me on this?

C-J

Smash Cadet
I'm all up for this. We can use that same room that we had the last smash fest in as well. but we would all have to pitch in.

C-J

Smash Cadet
Well it's fifty dollars to rent it. If 10 of us went, that would be five dollars a person. which is not too bad.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I see. Hmm. Well, is the rent for the whole day or just for a certain amount of hours? 'Cause if we did that once a month and it was for the whole day, I'm sure we could work it. We could have people donate to a "Smashfest" fund and have mock tournaments to generate a cash stash so we can continue to rent the room.

C-J

Smash Cadet
True. I believe it's for about six hours or so. Which is enough time right.... hey kash man we gonna play man????!!!!

Life blows. And
I'm quite certain you'll get over it.

What's up fellow NM'ers? It's been quite a while since you last heard from me, yes? Yea, I know it has. Anyways, I'm in full support of this idea of monthlies, and if we got good enough at the monthlies, we could bring more people to them and have an actual monthly tournament. But that's a bit of a stretch, so for now, let's just call them, 'monthly smashfests.' For now, yes, that sounds like an amazing idea, and I'm pretty sure we could get ten or more people to come each time. Plus, it'd be really good practice for us all. I like it. Give me more details on it later. If you need any help preparing it, just PM me or give me a call if you know my number, aight? If you don't, ask me for it and I'll give it to you. Later.

Oh yea, and BTW, there's another tournament on March 31, which I already told you guys about, but you see, it's only for people from NM, because it's being run by Joe AND he's doing Halo and Smash both, so he needs a lot of help, and definitely doesn't need 20 OOS'ers coming, because then we'd run out of time. It's at the Taylor Ranch Community Center you see, and he's starting registration and free-play as soon as it opens at 9:00 in the morning. I'm advertising. Who wants to go to it besides me? If you want to go, we'd really, really appreciate it if you'd bring a Gamecube and ESPECIALLY a T.V. to go along with it. Sound good? So do we wanna discuss this tournament in here, or do you want me to make a thread about it? ME, not someone else please. Give me your thoughts, peoples!! Oh and I'm helping run it, so neverfear, that and their will be WAY less people.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Not going. No way am i going. FYI.

Canada> NM

C-J

Smash Cadet
I'm going for sure erich. Umm... I can probably bring a TV and gamecube.

About the monthly thing, we can make it happen really easily. I found some more smash players here in new mexico, and they all love playing smash. Probably around 7? or 8. i dunno, but hey, they'd be willing.

Oh man, that's a lot! You should invite them all to the tournament as well. Thanks for bringing a GCN and T.V. as well.

Why don't we get everyone's opinion on how we should do the monthlies before we do them, ja? Maybe we could get the community center once a month...maybe. We'll see. For now, however, let's get people's opinions first.

Canada is better than NM?!? QWAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*jumps out of a magical hat*

Man, sorry about my absence as of late. My internet has been screwy and anime is addicting 0.o. Anyways, I'm definitely going to the March 31st tournament. I will also definitely bring a TV and a GCN now that I know firsthand what it is like to be lacking in those *cough*X-Topia*cough*. Ahem, CJ and I and a few others are also going to the March 18th tournament in Farmington, in case any of you are interested.

Next, what time will Smash actually start and depending on how long singles last will there be a doubles tournament (I'm freaking dieing for a doubles tournament)?

As for the monthlies, I don't care where they are at. That hotel lobby or Taylor Ranch. Actually, I lied, Taylor Ranch is icky. Don't you think that hotel room is a lot more homie? Anyways, that's beside the point. Between Steven and I, we known about six, maybe seven, smashers that could come. Maybe a tad bit more.

As long as these monthlies become reality, I am happy. I honestly think it would be great.

Canada vs. NM? That's not even fair. It's a country vs. a state. Not to mention you have no pride for your own state, Sinz >:|

C-J

Smash Cadet
Cool, i'm up for either!! I think saturday's are the best times to do this.. but i prefer after 12... i have class from 9-1130 on saturdays. Just a thought.

If you all prefer taylor ranch better, than that's fine (makes it easier on me hehe)

I don't know C-J, I like your idea better than TR. We could use it as a back-up on occasion, though, how does that sound? We can discuss times later, but for now, how's about we set the date's up, hmmm? How about we all get the first one going for a day in mid-April, ja? Say, somewhere around the 10-11th, or something like that? Just made those up randomly, don't know what days those actually are, but somewhere in the teens of April. What think you C-J? You plan the date and let us know, and how much money we should each bring. If we bring more people, however, we could each bring $5, and then slowly start to build up a surplus of money, as we could easily have more than ten people there, and use the extra money to do a variety of things, which I'd rather not say now. I'll talk to you about using the surplus later C-J, but for now, how does this sound for a plan to pay for it and use it? Oh yea, and we'd all need to bring snacks too.

Cool Andras! Finally get to meet you, eh? If you can't bring anything, that's fine, but if you can, that'd be great. Since you're still relatively new around here, meaning none of us have actually met you yet, you're not really required to bring anything, except yourself and of course, your own controller. Still, if you wanna bring something, that'd be awesome, just put your name or something to recognize your stuff from others on it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If I go I will bring a gcn. Dude, Canada>NM x 10005

andras2006

Smash Cadet
Ive been wanting to meet all of you guys, Las cruces is pretty lonely except for me and skye, and we get tired of playing against each other. Ill try to bring stuff...so is it the 31st then?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm at a school computer and the bell just rang, so let me make this quick.

I agree with Erich. I think the hotel should be priority. Taylor Ranch is iffy... So I'd perfer to stay with the hotel. Let's set the date for... third weekend of April? I think that's a good week. Once we have the date we can see how many people will come and then determine the amount of money people will need to bring.

Can't wait to meet you ANdras. Are you bringing Skye with you?

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Hey Andras, you live in Las Cruces? Me and the rest of the TOFU Crew live in El Paso, and we are the best in the city when it comes to smash. If you're ever interested in playing us, PM me so we can set something up.

AJtwist

Smash Cadet
is this all happening in Albuquerque? caz I'm planning to visit family near Farmington on that march 31st weekend. I was thinking of visiting to see how everyone in NM plays. I'm tryin' to get in some practice before EVO in both So.Cal. and Las Vegas.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
AJ, you can come to a tourney then some good after play on the 31st, the tourney will prolly suck cause of the host.

andras2006

Smash Cadet
lol, actually, if the dates change for april 10-11th like erich said it would be kinda better, but the current one is good too...thing is i cant go around asking for days off for tourneys and waste them all for when i actually need them...lol doesnt really matter. by the way, anyone have an address for the 31st one yet?

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey andras.

Hope you can make it. I believe erich is talking about a smashfest on april 10-11th. He's not really referring to the tournament on march 31st. I believe it will be on march 31st for sure. I don't really know the address, but it's somewhere by Montano and Coors intersection. I bet that doesn't help lol.

Hey you guys, I am goin gto call that guy that rents the room. April 14th is a saturday. I will ask him about that day for the smash fest. is that cool?

CollapsedFlan

Smash Rookie
Y'all best have insurance.... ***-whoopin' insurance.

Monthlies = Good idea. I can bring a TV and a Cube if we need another.

Kash. Your number is up, foo'. Never again will it come down to the last match... the last stock.

That sounds good C-J.

Andras, the tournament is being held by someone you don't know, and I'm helping out as well, so yea. Different events. I'll get the address posted up in the coming week.

AJ, this is indeed all happening in Alb. on march 31. Again, I'll post the address up in a few days. In fact, I'll make a post with all the information, excluding rules, as I think we all know the rules for a local tourney. Just hope we can give you a challenge, man! Hoping we're that good by now, at least. We'll see. Are you planning on coming?

Collapsed Flan?!? Who is this?!?

Erich out.

C-J

Smash Cadet
Collapsed fan is my friend alex. Love the picture man mwahahahaha.

Should i change my name you guys? C-J kinda sounds like captain jack

andras2006

Smash Cadet
C-J, yea it doesnt help at all.rofl

Erich, Im currently trying to reach skye since he went to austin for spring break, if he can get the day off, then we will most certainly go, im not missing this one, or any other ones, even if they arent "as" big.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, the March 31st and April thing are two different events. The tournament will be in Albuquerque at Taylor Ranch Community Center on March 31st. However, we are discussing the mothlies in here as well, and that is what the April date is referring to.

That sounds good, Chris. Go ahead and call the guy and see if we can do it on April 14th. Please, Alex. I was going easy =P

Haha, just messin'. Man, this'll be great. You guys should check out my Smashwiki page.

Go to http://www.smashwiki.com/ and type "Kashakunaki" in the search bar. I know, I'm awesome ;)

Can't wait to play you guys. SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the March 31st and April thing are two different events. The tournament will be in Albuquerque at Taylor Ranch Community Center on March 31st. However, we are discussing the mothlies in here as well, and that is what the April date is referring to.

That sounds good, Chris. Go ahead and call the guy and see if we can do it on April 14th. Please, Alex. I was going easy =P

Haha, just messin'. Man, this'll be great. You guys should check out my Smashwiki page.

Go to http://www.smashwiki.com/ and type "Kashakunaki" in the search bar. I know, I'm awesome ;)

Can't wait to play you guys. SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
falco dittos $10? =)

Hey Kash, I need to know how many T.V's and GCN's exactly you and co. are bringing. Is Steven bringing stuff, or Kendric? Thanks.

Food is being served, yo! Bring money for food, so yea. What information do I need to post for you guys? Addresses, place?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I've got a TV and a Gamecube covered. Kendric is iffy, as always. So just assume he isn't. I can bring two TVs if need be, but I'd rather not.

No one out of state should be coming.

We'll see, Nin9. I'm am out of money now... I don't even have money for this tournament, but I'll figure it out. We'll see.

Top Bottom