• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* matchup discussion week #9: Fawks!

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Hey DEHF what about platform laserlock?
Yeah that would work, I think it might easier to do on Fox than other characters since he falls fast and might be difficult to time after a throw.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox's recovery is the best of the spacies. Its way better than Falco's. Fox can actually recovery vertically pretty safely if he has to. Falco's illusion is faster and safer, but fox's second jump is higher(using rising fair), his firefox is actually usable, and he can shine stall to throw off edgeguard timing.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
55:45 Falco at most.

Only reason it wouldn't be 50:50 is because of our CG, but we will never gimp him from it.

You can't really camp Fox, so you're forced to approach / play aggressive against him, and Fox is a lot better at that than Falco is.

Fox's boxing game is darn close to just as good as Falco's, but Fox can rack damage faster than Falco (outside of the CG) and can kill much better. Fox also has an incredibly effective mixup game and his mixups all spawn from D-air, which is a kill setup... something that Falco doesn't have.

After the CG, it's in Fox's favor imo, it's up to Falco to not let Fox get his damage in and extend his lead from the CG and try to get the kill before Fox inevitably gets his.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
the smashwiki matchup (and apparently what everyone else here thinks)
is 55:45 falco, however, i see this match as more of a 60:40 falco in that he
just has better techniques. falco has his SHDLs, laser lock, and chain grab.
fox's laseres may be rapid-fire, but that means tha stale moves are inevitale.

fox's RAR is more powerful, but inaccurate. his chain grabs have pretty much
died, but are easily followed by his uair. falco's chain grabs can be lead by
a d-tilt, and on stages like battlefield or FD, easily end in a spike for a KO.
as far as smashes go, falco (in my opinion) has the advantage. his f-smash
is a pretty good finisher, while his d-smash i have found amazing as is has
almost no staart up time. fox's smashes are decent though.

overall, as previously stated, i think this match goes 60:40 falco- cause
hes just a beast.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
D-air, which is a kill setup... something that Falco doesn't have.
Our D-air is also a setup kill into a u-air, and if the situation arrives a spike

plus there's d-throw 2 dacus usmash, sure it doesn't always work but whatever the option is still there

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
I almost got timed out by a fox 0_0. nagger got a stock lead and went on edge and drop down and shined.
i had to phantasm over him to stop that.

Top Bottom