• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Main Help

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
Im currently using MK as my main and just in case case he gets banned I want to get to know another potential main character. Please leave suggestions! Here's My preferences:

Type of Brawler: Aggressive I'm gonna come and beat you off the stage and spike you or knock you out.

Want: Someone with good range, spacing, either can glide or can easily return to the stage after going way out, good killing move, floaty and can really do some damage in an air battle,

Controller: I use the classic with the right trigger as my grab( easier to adapt too rather than stretching to get zr)

TP

Smash Master
Main random for awhile until you settle on someone you want.

There is NO WAY that MK is going to get banned. The final vote won't be near what it needs to be.

DK fits most of your criteria.

:034:

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
i kinda like dk but his recovery is kinda bad, but thnks ill try that but any other suggestions(i still want to get another main)

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
ive been testin around and so far here's who i broke it down to:

Fox: Feel real good about him, he's like a "I'm gonna come at your *** and beat it to death then switch gears and blow you away" kinda guy

Dedede: Really good, like his spinning hammer attacks

DK: Packs a punch and can get back quickly, but a little slow, he'll take no time to get used to

Pikachu: Really like him it's just i dont want to be cheap and down b and b the whole game so he'll take a while to get used to.

Olimar: Awsome on stage like FD, Battlefield. and stuff like that, he'll take a little time to get used to with his throwing pikmin stuff.

Bowser: Like him cause he knock you out 2 times, then suicide claws you for your final life so even if we tie, I win by rules.

Poke Trainer: I like him cause you got your speedy Squirtle, finisher Ivysaur, and your percentage slave Charizard, plus when ur opponent is bout to do some attack u could just switch pokemon.

I'm pretty bent on Fox, DK, Olimar, or DEDEDE Though

Nestec

Smash Ace
Poke Trainer: I like him cause you got your speedy Squirtle, finisher Ivysaur, and your percentage slave Charizard, plus when ur opponent is bout to do some attack u could just switch pokemon.
...and then get hit by it as he does it again while you're switching.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Im currently using MK as my main and just in case case he gets banned I want to get to know another potential main character. Please leave suggestions! Here's My preferences:

Type of Brawler: Aggressive I'm gonna come and beat you off the stage and spike you or knock you out.

Want: Someone with good range, spacing, either can glide or can easily return to the stage after going way out, good killing move, floaty and can really do some damage in an air battle,

Controller: I use the classic with the right trigger as my grab( easier to adapt too rather than stretching to get zr)
I think the character you are looking for might be Z/Samus. ZSS can be played aggresive, I don't know about Samus though. But thinking of the criteria you set up here, they fit pretty well:
Range: ZSS' Whip and Paralyzer / Samus' grab, missiles and Charge Beam.
Spacing: They both probably got spacing tools, look up their boards.
Recovery: ZSS has secondary jump, DownB, and a tether recovery / Samus could in SSB use her Charge Beam backwards to regain a little horizontal recovery, maybe her bombs too, her UpB and tether.
Killing moves: ZSS FrontB, Bair, Can spike with the kick of DownB / Samus got a couple of good attacks here and there to kill with I think.
"Floaty" is hard to tell when a character is floaty enough, but I think for Samus' weight, she is rather floaty. You have to check ZSS if she is floaty enough for you.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ness, though getting back to the stage can be a little problem. But a good Ness knows what to do usually... Anyway, I think Ness wouldn't be too bad.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
i'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. _not_ 'tactical' at all.

and b4 lock, OP just main mk, since your 'criteria' is mk. well, minus the spike bit.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
After reading your criteria, I would have suggested Marth. He's great at pretty much all you said except being able to glide.

'V'

Smash Lord
A lot of Meta Knight players that go to Meta Knight-banned tournaments have been using Diddy and Dedede to my knowledge.

If you wanna win, pick a top tier.

ö&ö&ö&ö

Smash Cadet

Want: Someone with good range, spacing, either can glide or can easily return to the stage after going way out, good killing move, floaty and can really do some damage in an air battle.
Toon Link sounds like a good character for you. He's fast and aggressive with a really good projectile game. He doesn't have trouble recovering, and he's pretty floaty. His bair *****, and his zair is good for spacing.

altairian

Smash Lord
At least one noteworthy tournament is now running MK banned. Not saying that means anything for the community as a whole, but depending on the region the OP plays in, he might run in to MK banned tourneys.

I second the suggestion to just play random for a bit and see which characters have a good feel for you then work on just them to continue narrowing it down.

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
plus when ur opponent is bout to do some attack u could just switch pokemon.
So that he can charge his strongest attack and hit you with an attack that's way stronger than the attack that you dodged after your Pokémon comes out? Seriously but switching in front of your opponent = Giving him a free shot with his strongest attack.

Also Ivysaur is pretty defensive and has the most trouble returning to the edge in the whole game. Squirtle has a pretty poor recovery as well and Zard is about avarage. Maybe a little below. So they don't fit what you want....

Top Bottom