• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link and Mario Screenshots.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
After seeing the comparison of Mario's fireballs, I gotta say this - Mario's phire is a turn-on.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
In response to the comparison post, it's the same model, just with better lighting to show it, I don't see any changes.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
Kinda looks like Links Fsmash from the 64 version....with 2hand picture /pray =O..

WR3K

Smash Ace
infact, i like the old lighting better in both models.... it was polished to show maximum potential of characters, but the new models are exclusivly in game and fully functional

OATH

Smash Apprentice
i still prefer the hook shot been around for all games no reason to change imo

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "my foot gets bigger as I kick you lolz" thing?

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Notice how Fox is blocking Mario's kick in that one picture? He has no block bubble.... Perhaps it's an overlook or perhaps they're going with a more traditional fighter defense style - Low block, high block with partial damage and parries. In fact, I went thru the movies again and didn't see any evidence of blocking....

just a thought. My gut says they simply haven't put it in yet. It's also possible that he's just doing his natural stance, holding his dukes up.
there is someone blocking metanight blocks pits arrow in the video lol i hope theres no more bubbles and they all have there one special way 2 block like fox and metaknight uses his cape maybe mario will too idk im so excited about brawl

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "my foot gets bigger as I kick you lolz" thing?
As long as they don't apply it to every character. It's fitting on Mario, Wario, but would look severely out of place on a character like Link or Fox. I think they'll keep it confined to the characters it belongs on.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I have never seen so much freaking detail in fire.

Nintendo amazes me.
I can remember saying this for SSBM, along with "Wow, his overalls are so detailed!" It just keeps getting better and better (except for kirby).

Nintendo amazes me too.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Does anyone miss "kick *** and still smile" Mario in SSBM? In this game, he's going max badass, and has a serious face in all the screenshots.

Hopefully, this will make him more powerful(LOL) and have Mr.Cool graphiccs as my main mizzan.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
hiroshi, I just wanted to say that it's not up to me which topics stay open. I also wanted to point out that links to both trailers can be found on our site even though it's on the official site. The information we have can be found anywhere else but to say 'go here instead' is effectively turning away traffic from our site.

VA

Smash Hero
Ew check out how much worse Link's bow used to look, I am so glad they changed it; it looks sexy now.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I consider the possibility that Fox can switch between stances - blaster prone/blaster holstered, adding a strategic element to his game. Either that or they didn't go the middle way but tried the blaster prone stance as permanent and then scrapped it altogether for Fox "classic".

I think it may be indicative of a new feel for the entire game that Mario seems slightly more stern in the shots and the renders. Having the characters actually act as if it was a serious fight would cause them to be slightly tougher.

Top Bottom