• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ladder?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The old one kind of died a horrible death, but I liked the idea. Someone should make a new Galaxy Ladder thread. What do you guys think?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
IMMA STEALZ YOUS IDEA!!!

But in all honesty, I was actually going to ask this very question when I got back from work. You beat me to it lol.

The ladder, for those of us that actually participated, was a success... that is, until everyone stopped using it. I think if we get a bunch of people who are willing to do it again, we can have a successful ladder.

I can update it and everything as well.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There have been a million ladders over the past 4 years. They all die from inactivity within a month or two.

To whomever starts a ladder I strongly suggest figuring out some ways to keep people active.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd join and stay active if there were a ladder. I could guarantee that. And yeah, you need to have separate ones for NA and Europe.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
i really like allisbrawl's ladder system but i remember reading somebody saying it's really easy to abuse.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
i know but they have a smash 64 singles ladder on their site

i like it, but i think somebody said it's really easy to abuse the ladder and rack up points

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Battlecow

Play to Win
... meh. Seems like it died as well. If we're gonna set up matches through PM's here, we might as well have the ladder here too. It makes sense.

If I 'host' the ladder, anyone can join, no matter how good, bad, nice, trolly, evil, female anyone is.
I'm not sure if I like that. We all know that Smasherx74/Lordsmash/Whatever account he uses the next time he dodges a ban will lie like a rug about wins/desynchs/whatevers. A tournament is one thing, but with a ladder you could end up dealing with him a lot. I'd advise letting everyone except him in.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I remember an automated ladder that gave you a key code before the match, and you could only report the results if you entered the key code of the other player along with yours. Made sense, people couldn't cheat and if they did, you could ban them.

An automated ladder is the only thing that makes sense to me. And I really liked Metroid's ladder back on the Emularena forums. 20 or 25 spots, can challenge either of the two people in the spots above you. If it was automated, it wouldn't die, it would just change along with the smasher landscape.

I don't have the time to make one, but it really shouldn't be too hard for someone to make.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know an incentive that should work...

I'm also planning on hosting tournaments in the near future as well... so the ladder standings can be used for seeding.

I'll make a sign-up for a ladder tomorrow (work then smashfest today... don't have time) and see who's interested in having one.

Pikachu24

Smash Cadet
i didn't really play in a ladder except for once. i played for AIB and i wasnt quite fond of the people there.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know an incentive that should work...

I'm also planning on hosting tournaments in the near future as well... so the ladder standings can be used for seeding.

I'll make a sign-up for a ladder tomorrow (work then smashfest today... don't have time) and see who's interested in having one.
I'm not gonna join any tournaments unless they're Japanese style, but I still joined lol =]

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... I was hoping for more people, but I guess I'll start the North American one (the world one is identical, so no point having two exact same ladders going at once).

Using a java program I created to make the initial ladder rankings (with me at the bottom at the start :p)

Will edit the first post of the other thread once I finish the program and do the program...

Top Bottom