• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby Hats Speculation

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Oh ok, I thought Smashboards blew up again.

Real talk, D-air is amazing on Kirby. You can use it to lead into a smash attack, spike, and even follow up that spike with a footstool jump :troll:.
Yes I know, I wish it had some stun though because someone can easily get out of it plus the fact that not all of it will hit because of DI. And the start up is slow at first. and it lags at the end or knocks the person away with the final hitbox that prevents you from combing with it. It needs work, I didn't like the brawl version at all. Give it a bit of 64 and it should be good to go.
Not if in a shocking twist, Kirby's standard attacks are altered too. But that might be asking for too much, as that would mean making way more Kirby animations than what a character actually needs.

Maybe Kirby will just copy the special moves instead? It would be nice to see Kirby utilize Link's Boomerang again.
It'll just be the B special. I wish that he could copy more but realistically that's what kirby's gonna get. I wanna see him be OP though, so I'd welcome him copying side specials too :troll:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Not if in a shocking twist, Kirby's standard attacks are altered too. But that might be asking for too much, as that would mean making way more Kirby animations than what a character actually needs.

Maybe Kirby will just copy the special moves instead? It would be nice to see Kirby utilize Link's Boomerang again.
I agree that making all those alterations may be too much more trouble than it's worth (especially considering it's only for one copy ability out of like 35+ others).

Also, not to continuously be a downer, but I don't think the "copying all/multiple special moves" idea would work out too well. There are just some special moves Kirby shouldn't have access to, such as Bowser's/Ganondorf's suicide special. Those examples even consider copying just the B and Side-B specials, as those seem to be Rosalina's main moves (B and Side-B) for controlling the Luma.

Also, in case this were to be brought up, it'd be really awkward if Rosalina was the only character whom Kirby copied numerous specials from (to prevent him from gaining access to moves that could overpower him).

Yes I know, I wish it had some stun though because someone can easily get out of it plus the fact that not all of it will hit because of DI. And the start up is slow at first. and it lags at the end or knocks the person away with the final hitbox that prevents you from combing with it. It needs work, I didn't like the brawl version at all. Give it a bit of 64 and it should be good to go.

It'll just be the B special. I wish that he could copy more but realistically that's what kirby's gonna get. I wanna see him be OP though, so I'd welcome him copying side specials too :troll:
You're just doing it wrong :troll:. "You have much yet to learn"
...jk :awesome:

Kirby with Bowsercide, the inescapable doom!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I agree that making all those alterations may be too much more trouble than it's worth (especially considering it's only for one copy ability out of like 35+ others).

Also, not to continuously be a downer, but I don't think the "copying all/multiple special moves" idea would work out too well. There are just some special moves Kirby shouldn't have access to, such as Bowser's/Ganondorf's suicide special. Those examples even consider copying just the B and Side-B specials, as those seem to be Rosalina's main moves (B and Side-B) for controlling the Luma.

Also, in case this were to be brought up, it'd be really awkward if Rosalina was the only character whom Kirby copied numerous specials from (to prevent him from gaining access to moves that could overpower him).

You're just doing it wrong :troll:. "You have much yet to learn"
...jk :awesome:

Kirby with Bowsercide, the inescapable doom!
Oh you. we seriously should a Paul and Jasmine bit. Your jasmine of course :troll: (nah jk lets not do that)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It would better reference Kirby's ability to copy his opponents though. Especially with the following examples...

*Link's Bomb would reference Bomb Kirby's usage of bombs.
*Fox's Fire Fox would, in a way, reference Fire Kirby's dash attack. This also applies to Falco's Fire Bird.
*Peach's Parasol would reference how Parasol Kirby can slow down his falling speed with the parasol.
*Sheik's Vanish would reference how Ninja Kirby can temporarily disappear whenever he's attacked.

But I guess there would be one big flaw if Kirby copied the Ice Climbers. Unless the Belay move is altered so that it can also be a tether recovery, it would be quite useless for Kirby.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It would better reference Kirby's ability to copy his opponents though. Especially with the following examples...

*Link's Bomb would reference Bomb Kirby's usage of bombs.
*Fox's Fire Fox would, in a way, reference Fire Kirby's dash attack. This also applies to Falco's Fire Bird.
*Peach's Parasol would reference how Parasol Kirby can slow down his falling speed with the parasol.
*Sheik's Vanish would reference how Ninja Kirby can temporarily disappear whenever he's attacked.

But I guess there would be one big flaw if Kirby copied the Ice Climbers. Unless the Belay move is altered so that it can also be a tether recovery, it would be quite useless for Kirby.
That would be a nightmare to program, some wouldn't work well, and some people pick kirby to play as kirby though and shouldn't be penalized for using one of his moves.

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
So there's been several newcomers and rumored characters, so this is a thread to what would happen to show how kirby would look with his copy ability, such as an example Palutena. Kirby_(KRTDL).png

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Someone over at gamefaqs suggested he should get a Wii Fit headband and have a unisex costume when he absorbs WFT, because there is a male and female version.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Someone over at gamefaqs suggested he should get a Wii Fit headband and have a unisex costume when he absorbs WFT, because there is a male and female version.
Makes sense. But having two hats for one character isn't all that unreasonable.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I hope he gets dat bang with Rosalina.
and Headband would be cool for kirby.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
alright.... now we gotta speculate this:
Little mac kirby.
gets his slick hair.

and his power would be that KO punch?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
alright.... now we gotta speculate this:
Little mac kirby.
gets his slick hair.

and his power would be that KO punch?
Yes
Yes
and hell yes :)

It's his B move, so I assume he'll either have a standard b punch, or be able to charge it up as well.

I'm hoping for the latter, because mac+kirby could be an awesome duo!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's pretty easy to determine wether he will have a different hat for alt costumes or not.
It just depends did he do with Wario in Brawl? Did he have different hats for Biker and Plumber?
(I don't know, could someone tell me?)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yes
Yes
and hell yes :)

It's his B move, so I assume he'll either have a standard b punch, or be able to charge it up as well.

I'm hoping for the latter, because mac+kirby could be an awesome duo!
so... does kirby also get the invincibility frames?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Villager Hair with Pocket
Mega Man Helmet with Metal Blades
Wii Fit Headband with Sun Salutation
Rosalina's Crown and Maybe hair with Luma Shot
Little Mac's Hair with Straight Lunge
Greninja's Ears and Tounge with Water Shuriken

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
actually, in the trailer, sakurai said rosalinas neutral b was star bit shot. so kirby would shoot star bits out of his mouth.
luma shot is side special.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
actually, in the trailer, sakurai said rosalinas neutral b was star bit shot. so kirby would shoot star bits out of his mouth.
luma shot is side special.
Star Bits was her Side Special, Luma Shot and I guess summon/call back was her neutral

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
then it will be very interesting to see what kirby does with a luma

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Sakurai did say the cosmos were under her dress.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
probably a simple shot.
otherwise, olimar kirby would have little pikmin following him.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
kirby copies olimars side b.
in the case of rosalina, kirby copies the luma shot which is similar to the pikmin chuck.
i think kirby will just shoot out the luma and the luma will puff into stars in the same way the kirby's pikmin will turn it ghosts after being thrown.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
kirby copies olimars side b.
in the case of rosalina, kirby copies the luma shot which is similar to the pikmin chuck.
i think kirby will just shoot out the luma and the luma will puff into stars in the same way the kirby's pikmin will turn it ghosts after being thrown.
Well with kirby he's copying olimar's neutral B but olimars neutral B doesn't throw so they had to merge the two together, rosalina doesn't have this issue because the same move, neutral B summons the luma and allows you to shoot it out and bring it back aswell. But this might be a little much for a kirby hat so they could do what you're saying

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
If Kirby sucks up Little Mac, his special will then be the lunge.

That begs the question, will Kirby be given a Power Meter just like Mac?

The Kirby Kid

Smash Rookie
This is what he looks like (Female Variant, but I am not sure if he (she? because of Female variant but let's go with he) will change with the Male Variant.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Pacirby is hilariously disgusting.
But what is Mii Kirby? Does it depend on which type of Mii?

DOES IT BECOME A KIRBY MII?

Top Bottom