• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby Hats Speculation

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Do you mean to get the abilites of the Assist Trophy characters and Pokemon?
I highly doubt that, it would take a lot of time to program and make the items almost useless on Kirby. He would be kind of broken.
True, true... Maybe it's just because I want to see Kirby latch onto people's heads and paralyze them like a Metroid...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
True, true... Maybe it's just because I want to see Kirby latch onto people's heads and paralyze them like a Metroid...
LOL! That would be hilarious.
There actually were Metroids that appeared as enemies in one level of Kirby's Dreamland 3, but sadly couldn't be inhaled for it's ability.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll interrupt again...

Ridley: Basically ridley's upper jaw and head, wings and a tail. Can shoot fireballs. Like ridley, they'd work best in air.

Pac-Man: Gains a hat with Pac-Man's Pac-World eyes and nose. he can open his mouth in a very Pac-Man-like manner and perform Chomp.

Baby Mario & Baby Luigi: This is my creative idea. Since they both have hats like M & L, Kirby splits into 2 Little Kirbys from Mass Attack, each with their own hat. It would be the same moves and same damage, except with more hitboxes and quicker & lighter attacks. They would swing around a Chain Chomp.

Dixie Kong: Beret & ponytail. He spits out bubble gum bubbles.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
People keep saying the wii fit trainer's ponytail is what Kirby'll get or that his skin'll go white but when I look at WFT the first thing I see is that her shading style is totally different. I see no reason why a flat pastel Kirby couldn't represent her without losing his original colours or picking up a bad hairdo.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Why can't we get the best of both worlds for WFT? A blue Wii Fit themed sweatband and her full head of grey hair with ponytail. For Mega Man he would have his helmet and for Villager he would have his hairdo with triangle nose.

Now for some speculative cast members:

Chrom: His hairdo.
King K. Rool: A hat with King K. Rool's eyes and his signature crown on top.
Little Mac: His hair with training helmet and two green, sizeable boxing gloves on his nubs.
Magnus: His hairdo with his dragon tattoo going down the side of his body.
Krystal: Her hair and ears with that gem she wears around her forehead.
Bayonetta: Her hair from Bayonetta 2 and her glasses.
Dillon: A cowboy hat with two armadillo ears pointing out from their sides.
Walhart: His grey hair with red horned crown.
Ghirahim: His fringed hair with red and yellow eyes with shadow and an altered version of his scarf where it goes over his back as a cape.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
People seem to be forgetting about Zelda's hat being Young Zelda's hat from Ocarina of Time. Sweatband for WFT makes perfect sense and is certainly more creative than just her hair.

More speculative members:

Paper Mario: A red paper hat with Mario's 'M' on one of sides.
Bowser Jr.: The monster-mouthed bib he and Nabbit are always seen wearing, along with a little red-head ponytail.
Toon Zelda: Her tiara and two of those little wing-things on each side of Kirby's head.
Tetra: Her tall, swirled hairdo.
Waddle Dee: His halmark blue-bandanna.
Samurai Goroh: The "rising sun" headband on his head with a pair of black glasses partially covering Kirby's eyes.
Masked Man: Either his helmet, or Claus' hairdo to avoid similarities to Mega Man.
Porky: A blonde bowl-cut completely covering both of Kirby's eyes.
Starfy: Three nubs growing out of his head to resemble Starfy's arms and head.
Isaac: The head of a Venus Djinn.
Andy: His black hairdo.
Takamaru: His dark-blue hairdo.
Saki: His long, blonde hair covering one of Kirby's eyes.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think the more ridiculous part of Wii Fit's Kirby Hat would be Kirby attempting to do any move that requires normal human anatomy.
There is a 100% chance Kirby will have her hair and probably something else too, though.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think the more ridiculous part of Wii Fit's Kirby Hat would be Kirby attempting to do any move that requires normal human anatomy.
There is a 100% chance Kirby will have her hair and probably something else too, though.
Her specials appear to be bouncing a volley ball and creating some sort of flash of light, either of which sounds feasible with Kirby's body.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Was it confirmed to be a special? I think it's a taunt...
It wasn't confirmed, but generally you don't see human-power characters like Marth or Wii Fit Trainer create magical balls of energy as a taunt if there's no trace of magical energy already in their moveset. I'd equate that to Pikachu having Rock Throw as a taunt, it's bizarre.

Either way, my point was that Kirby doesn't use her regular yoga attacks. Sakurai designs specials so that nothing is completely out of place when copied on Kirby. It's why things like Wario Waft and Rock Smash aren't mapped to being neutral specials.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Kinda off subject, but why people keep calling her "WTF"....shouldn't it be "WFT"?
Because she is the WTF character of this game.

Also, I think Kirby's hats will be like that:

Villager - Gets Villager's hair and nose, and the ability to collect items / projectiles
Megaman - Gets Megaman's hat and the ability to shot with a mega buster.
Wii Fit Trainer - His body turns white, he gets Wii Fit Trainer's hair and a shirt saying "Wii Fit".

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
if anyone can give me a good enough, reasonable hat for ridley, i will like their post so hard that it will only appear to be a regular like

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
if anyone can give me a good enough, reasonable hat for ridley, i will like their post so hard that it will only appear to be a regular like
He gets a regular hat that just reads "2BIG"

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't confirmed, but generally you don't see human-power characters like Marth or Wii Fit Trainer create magical balls of energy as a taunt if there's no trace of magical energy already in their moveset. I'd equate that to Pikachu having Rock Throw as a taunt, it's bizarre.
According to the Smash wiki, that's a yoga pose called Sun Salutation.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet Villager's neutral is the slingshot and WFT's is the thing she does with the volleyball.
But then again, there isn't really a way of knowing.

I'm kind of hoping Villager's neutral B is the Pick-up move so that kirby can use it when he inhales him.
I think villager's B move is the bowling ball

A big question I have in regard to the Kirby hats is how they'll play out in the long run. It seems pretty clear that Mega-Man's blades are his neutral-B move, but from the videos I've seen there isn't exactly any specifications as to WFT's and Villager's neutral-Bs.

A Slingshot? A spade? The ability to snatch projectiles?
Some sort of yoga move? I'm excited to see how the Kirby hats play out for each new character though.

As for cosmetic hat designs I'd like to see the viking-like hat for the Villager. As for WFT there are a few different possibilities for that as well. I'd rather Kirby sport some sort of new exercise garb over developing the monotone mannequin shade color. I feel it'd be very similar to Kirby's black, and white color scheme. That's just me though.

Mega-Man's hat is kind of a given though.
I think villager's is the bowling ball and WFT is the volleyball

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Kirby swallows Rosalina, he'll have her crown, but also her hair to make the cap different from the Peach cap.

Another interesting element with the Rosalina cap would be that Kirby gains almost all of Rosalina's attack abilities, including the ability to use a Luma himself. This does mean, however, that the Hammer, Final Cutter, and Stone moves can't be used until Kirby discards the Rosalina cap.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
If Kirby swallows Rosalina, he'll have her crown, but also her hair to make the cap different from the Peach cap.

Another interesting element with the Rosalina cap would be that Kirby gains almost all of Rosalina's attack abilities, including the ability to use a Luma himself. This does mean, however, that the Hammer, Final Cutter, and Stone moves can't be used until Kirby discards the Rosalina cap.
That would be cool, but since Kirby does not copy unique gimmicks, I think he will just command a Luma to attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That would be cool, but since Kirby does not copy unique gimmicks, I think he will just command a Luma to attack.
That's probably what will give Kirby some problems. Rosalina's standard special apparently summons a Luma, so if Kirby mimics that move, he needs to be able to efficiently utilize the Luma in the same manner as Rosalina.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Either way, my point was that Kirby doesn't use her regular yoga attacks. Sakurai designs specials so that nothing is completely out of place when copied on Kirby. It's why things like Wario Waft and Rock Smash aren't mapped to being neutral specials.
Rock Smash would work fine for Kirby and would be far preferable to just ripping off Bowser Kirby. Likewise, while I do not see Wario Waft as a viable Kirby move, I'd've liked to have seen him get a non-eating based move to replace his standard eating based move, Yoshi's eating based move or, y'know, Dedede's eating based move.
Quit being so unoriginal with your own character Sakurai!

That's probably what will give Kirby some problems. Rosalina's standard special apparently summons a Luma, so if Kirby mimics that move, he needs to be able to efficiently utilize the Luma in the same manner as Rosalina.
Rosalina Kirby will summon the Luma for a single attack, just like Olimar Kirby combines the pluck and throw moves from Olimar to avoid keeping the pikmin.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
If that was the case it would probably be similar to Olimar and Pikmin where he uses it as a single attack instead of a moveset/gimmick like the original character did.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If that was the case it would probably be similar to Olimar and Pikmin where he uses it as a single attack instead of a moveset/gimmick like the original character did.
That what troubling me the most, because the Luma could always be used to mimic Kirby's attack commands; something that he can't do with the Pikmin.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
That what troubling me the most, because the Luma could always be used to mimic Kirby's attack commands; something that he can't do with the Pikmin.
While it might be interesting for Kirby to copy a gimmick like that, I really don't see it working out that well. While Rosalina, more than likely, has her attacks adjusted to compensate for the extra Luma damage, Kirby does not. This could easily make Kirby pretty overpowered when copying Rosalina, and could lead to a fairly uneven match (in a 1v1 setting).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Kirby will just B-air the little luma like he does with starfy :troll: B-AIR ALL DAY! :troll:

No seriously though I imagine the luma to be knocked back quite easily. Also, we all know kirby's just gonna chuck luma's/a single luma attack then it goes away.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Kirby will just B-air the little luma like he does with starfy :troll: B-AIR ALL DAY! :troll:

No seriously though I imagine the luma to be knocked back quite easily. Also, we all know kirby's just gonna chuck luma's/a single luma attack then it goes away.
B-AIR? What about that D-AIR, it's time to move on :troll:.

Btw.....What's happening, Smashboards is starting to shift and change. Oh no it's falling apart AHHHHHH!!!! *falls into internet*

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
B-AIR? What about that D-AIR, it's time to move on :troll:.

Btw.....What's happening, Smashboards is starting to shift and change. Oh no it's falling apart AHHHHHH!!!! *falls into internet*
PFFFT DOWN-AIR IS 4 SCURBS, DOWN-B IS WHERE ITS AT! get gud or don't talk at all. :troll: :troll: :troll:

Warchamp is fixing a few things, don't worry about it bro.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
PFFFT DOWN-AIR IS 4 SCURBS, DOWN-B IS WHERE ITS AT! get gud or don't talk at all. :troll: :troll: :troll:

Warchamp is fixing a few things, don't worry about it bro.
Oh ok, I thought Smashboards blew up again.

Real talk, D-air is amazing on Kirby. You can use it to lead into a smash attack, spike, and even follow up that spike with a footstool jump :troll:.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While it might be interesting for Kirby to copy a gimmick like that, I really don't see it working out that well. While Rosalina, more than likely, has her attacks adjusted to compensate for the extra Luma damage, Kirby does not. This could easily make Kirby pretty overpowered when copying Rosalina, and could lead to a fairly uneven match (in a 1v1 setting).
Not if in a shocking twist, Kirby's standard attacks are altered too. But that might be asking for too much, as that would mean making way more Kirby animations than what a character actually needs.

Maybe Kirby will just copy the special moves instead? It would be nice to see Kirby utilize Link's Boomerang again.

Top Bottom