• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ike Ledge Tech

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Okay I've known this for a while, but I never see people do this. Recently I've been watching alot of Ikes (NL, Azen ect.) and they never do this (btw Kirks combo vid inspired me to get back into Brawl, omg it's so beautiful to watch xD).

Ledge hopping with the counter, this has NO LAG. you just kinda appear on the ledge with he counter up. there is no air time at all. Went to a tourney and did it to pros. it caught alot off guard and got me back on the stage safely.

Will post a vid soon (once I get stupid sony vegas to work)

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice

Because Ike's ledgehop is so low it's possible to do almost any of Ike's moves. You can ledgehop onto the stage in a standing position which gets you onto the stage faster than simply tapping towards the stage. But why stop there? Because of that, we can instantly use any move including Ike's infamous jabs, or grab or any other move.

Point is, this is old knowledge that is just overlooked. Not a big find, but serves as a reminder to players that neglect the option.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
(btw Kirks combo vid inspired me to get back into Brawl, omg it's so beautiful to watch xD).
Did you miss all the vids of people playing at higher levels of play where it's nothing but camping and stalling, and more importantly, did you notice the Melee videos that featured real ****ing combos.

It has too much lag to be practical, which is why people dont use it. =/

VEGA21

Smash Rookie
Using counter to get back up on the ledge sounds interesting - some flair I could add in to catch people off guard every once in a while.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Please don't bump 2+ week old topics for a small post. ;-;

Welcome to Smashboards.

EDIT: OH SNAP. MY POST COUNT. I'M TOO 1337.

EDIT2: Well, that didn't last long.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
You have to make them desperate to recover; meaning mindgame like crazy. Only then will they be more likely to fall into this trap.

Top Bottom