• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NeW Horizon Tourney (Invitation Only) BRACKET IS UP!

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Update (1/21/09):
Alright, I think we have the full 16 for the bracket. I will post the bracket with these 16 either tonight or tomorrow. This should give you some time to ask questions about the rules if you have any, because I don't think I'll change the rules once the tourney starts except for urgent circumstances.

Also, another note. Once the tourney starts, there will be really loose deadlines, as I'm sure that some people may not be able to access wifi quite yet. Just discuss with your opponent when you both would be able to do your match.

Introduction
Alright ladies and gentlemen, this is a special tournament held for members of NeW Horizon/the Friendly Neighborhood Thread (or FNT). For those who don't know, it started out as the welcome thread of a member named Heartz, and it got so big that the people who hung out there started an online tournament just for them. Eventually it was moved here, to the OTL forum, but it lived on until it was closed.

The people who will be in this tournament are people from that thread or the resulting chat. The FNT was a topic that encouraged friendship (no really) and I believe that it was much more than just a thread to find Brawl matches. This is my attempt to rekindle the flame that the FNT and NeW has brought to myself and many of my friends.

Note: Just like in the FNT thread, I encourage the people involved in this to come and post questions regarding the tournament, asking for friendlies, or about (almost) anything else. Heck, even those not in this tournament can post here if they want to.

The tournament does not even have a set date yet, so please ask any questions about the rules if you should need to. (Note that the rules are heavily based off of those of Cataclysm 4)

Rules:
-Double Elimination
-3 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Best 2/3 (3/5 for finals)
-Items are set to OFF and NONE

Stages:
Neutral-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick-
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise

Confirmed Entrants (as of 1/19/09): 16/16

1)DarkLeviathan89
2)~Kawaii Bunny~
3)Yukiwarashi
4)Toast2152
5)ExplodingMan
6)PhoenixoKaZe
7)Glyph
8)Luso
9)Chaco
10)XFadingNirvanaX
11)Serris
12)Super_Sonic8677
13)Falchion-
14)xX'Mitsurugi'Xx
15)JOBOT
16)Mmac

Have fun. ;)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
(Note that the rules are heavily based off of those of Cataclysm 4)
OMG TEH PLAGARLIZE?

I can't wait for this to start.

Huh. How fitting that I get the first post, since I'm going to get first place as well. :laugh:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lulz, I had a feeling this would happen one day

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Cookies with tomato sauce.

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
I jsut hope no Mod that takes his job too seriously finds all of us in here. We spam posts like theres no tomorrow. Just like that last dude that closed our thread... But yeah, Im gonna do better this time around. By that i mean actually fight and win to get out of the first round.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'ma pound him if he shows up.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I have a feeling this one won't get locked this time :laugh:

But yeah, that's not a blank check to go spam like crazy. Or is it....

No, its not.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Nope. I was about to win though, lol. :]

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
haha, wonder how this will go, even tho, i rly don`t care If I win or lose, i guess, I probably won`t get far lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bunny, no. You were in losers by someone. Last people in winners was like Snop, Heartz, jon, and someone.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Bunny, no. You were in losers by someone. Last people in winners was like Snop, Heartz, jon, and someone.
The second one. Not the first one. It was me, Cat, and Adam in the last 3. I had to fight Adam, then his wifi went out, and the tourney never finished.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
So I'm thinking February at the earliest to start this up. Not all of those invited so far have accepted, so there's still time before we get things started. No need to rush anything though, it's not summer so it's not like everyone has free time nowadays.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Since there's 15 people signed up for this already, if the last one joins in, I can make the bracket and we can start. I'm thinking that like the original FNT, there will be loose deadlines, since everyone's schedules are different after all.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
How am I not the second sign up on this =P

I was the first one to even know about it XD

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, Glyph, but I need an update.

Update (1/21/09):
Alright, I think we have the full 16 for the bracket. I will post the bracket with these 16 either tonight or tomorrow. This should give you some time to ask questions about the rules if you have any, because I don't think I'll change the rules once the tourney starts except for urgent circumstances.

Also, another note. Once the tourney starts, there will be really loose deadlines, as I'm sure that some people may not be able to access wifi quite yet. Just discuss with your opponent when you both would be able to do your match.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
crap....I come back and see a NeW tourney in the works but then....full brackets.....fail.....
Sorry, dude. But I'm glad to see you here though, it's been quite a while since I've seen you on the boards or the chat. :)

And as for the 16 in this tournament, the bracket is up! Get to it, folks!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lmao at my first match of the tourney. xD

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Chaco, I'm afraid I've got to knock you into losers.

Sorry :(

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
im gunna get my post count up by atleast 50 by the end of this tourny.... we need ppl to talk here...

Top Bottom