• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Game and Watch "Trick" or "Idea"

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i wish it was clearer but i see what u mean lmao:(
The dtilt after dsmash mindgame looks pretty neat, it should work with upsmash too right?

seems like one of those things that'll help u once only but it was worth knowing anyway lol:p

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it works with any smash, but the reason I picked down smash is because game and watch faces the screen, where as the other two smashes you can easily tell which direction he's facing. I just thought it was a "neat" little mind game to add to our repertoire.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what penta said. The reason why I bring this trick up is it's because it's GAME AND WATCH's downtilt. One of his best spacing tools, defensive moves, and (one of) his longest reaching attacks. A lot of characters don't have an answer to dtilt other than backing off...and if it connects it pushes them off. But also agreeing with penta, it may only really only be effective in the match once. I have yet to actually apply it in 2v2's.

Splice

Smash Hero
I've used Dtilt the wrong way to lure an Olimar and then turned it around to hit the Olimar off the stage.

I liked this trick when I first found it too but I've found it hard to implement into tourney play.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Yeah, I Bair to soft turn around to jab/d tilt a lot, which is useful. But the tilt rocking thing I've know about and I've tried doing it like Mike and M2K (After watching them Down Tilt and then buffer a down tilt the other way after they'd get a kill) But I've not got it down as good as you. I don't think its that useful. It just looks pretty cool.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
! mm~! I like this idea, too! When I play doubles and I'm like d-tilting one character off the stage, sometimes the other player attacks me. ):! So yeah!! I'll try doing that. O: It may not be useful that much, but still interesting nonetheless~ Thanks~

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
If anything, you'll dtilt someone away, and then dtilt the oncoming team mate, then bair the first one. I'll be going to MLG this year (Since it's right down the street from meh.) and I'll try it out there lol.

ltemerpoc

Smash Rookie
i main game and watch also guys... hi my name is emerson... i love GandW... but yeah i might try to use this in my moveset... at least try it...

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah! this is too good! people always rush when i tilt the wrong way so i'm gunna try that out! nice!

Bad Lemons

Smash Rookie
Using Bair to Dtilt is actually a trick I use as well. I think the addition of Dsmash is a little risky, but also clever, and it could definitely lead to good results. But I think UTD Zac had a very good demonstration of the tactic, and overall, it's possibly better to skip the Dsmash. Most of the time, anyway.

Gah777

Smash Lord
pffft look at Lemons thinking he knows what he's talking about lmao XD

Bad Lemons

Smash Rookie
Hush. Go pack to your silly pack, Wolf main! YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE. Further interference caused by your flea infested self will not be tolerated, and I shall fetch UTD Zac to "Judgement" you. If you are even worthy of such a punishment that is.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hush. Go pack to your silly sexy pack, Wolf main! YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE. Further interference caused by your flea infested ****ing sexy self will not be tolerated, and I shall fetch UTD Zac to "Judgement" you. If you are even worthy of such a punishment that is.
*fix'd

So you can call one of, if not THE best G&W at will? Doubt it, noob. Are you really even part of the G&W community (3 post count)? Or have you just lurked the forums for the past couple month or so?

And why don't you take me on yourself instead of getting someone else to do your dirty work? Watsamatter, scared?

Top Bottom