• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox vids! (Tournament Matches. :3) Updated with a set vs Forward.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I had a silver controller that worked perfectly for falco.

It got stolen while waiting in line for brawl. =\

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Bump.

K. Got a new controller. Watched through my old videos, and after playing a bunch, the first guy who commented is right, I am SOOOOO bad at shine spiking. I'm also terrible at edge guarding in general. =\

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
and bad at taking advice too :p

good fox ruby and thanks for helping me try to learn him too, any advice for approaches? i did see that coming from above is not so good, but does that apply to drills?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have to disagree and say that coming down from above works well against characters who don't have alot of upward priority.

Also; Don't approach. DD camp.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hah im sure i'll be a campy fox when i first start out no worries, do you know how like fox's nair compares in terms of priority to say marths aerials or utilt? jw

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Approaching Marth = loss of stock. Just dd - grab - uair.

Run - shield is good tho. Especially if they do a laggy grounded move, because you can wd OOS and do w/e.

usmash oos ***** too.

cykofox

Smash Ace
i just figured out the other day that the best approach to marth is to just run in at his ***.

i always used to get ***** for trying to jump in him and **** him.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Bump.
I am SOOOOO bad at shine spiking. I'm also terrible at edge guarding in general. =\
Try to shinespike whit the back part of your shine, it's easier to time it that way since fox shine has more range on the back part, so just turn around full jump and try to time it well (against spacies I mean) or waveshine turn around, grab the edge and do it. It's better if you do it before they get close to the edge, that way they won't be able to DI and edgetech. Practice it a lot against cpu's... eventually you'll get good at it, it's not big deal seriously...

And for edge guarding, try to be gayer than usual, use bairs/full jump bairs, against illusions you could use uptilt or up smash, if you know they're going to sweetspot quickly drop off the stage and do a raising nair or just go for the shinespike if you're feeling pretty confident.

Against marth, don't feel sorry for him and just do the light shield thing...lol just roll-dodge near the edge and wait. Shine out of shield if he gets too close, that can be a bit hard to pull off but it works pretty good.

Hope this helps you out.. somehow =/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i just figured out the other day that the best approach to marth is to just run in at his ***.

i always used to get ***** for trying to jump in him and **** him.
Running in and shielding is soooooo good against Marth, unless they expect it, and grab you.

I've been doing the light shield trick against marth wrong the whole time. Cactuar explained to me what i was doing wrong so i do it alot more now. :3

Also i didn't know that fox's shine has more range on the back. i think i might be able to get the hang of it relatively soon.

unknown522

Some guy
approaching from above is generally bad in every game. In smash, people can just DD away from it then grab in between the landing lag, or beat out your move from above with an anti-air move.

When approaching DD, don't go from directly above, they will just move away from you. Hold your ground and overshoot moves so that they can't move away from it, or grab them.

Running in and shielding is good for the first few times, but when it gets played out, then they will get wise to it. You can also run in and shine, to teach them not to CC so much.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
you should try my controller xander, jackie really likes it maybe you will to, for fox i think is what i mean

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
First match: Not even going to bother giving advice. That Falcon had no clue what he was doing. But you played very well though. Nice SHFFL aerial/shine/waveshine pressure.
at first i thought he could possibly be talking about me

then i realized he was talking about joe/twist/blitz.

in that case, he's very correct HAHAHA SV SUCKS

edit/ nick i want your fox controller! what color is it?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
at first i thought he could possibly be talking about me

then i realized he was talking about joe/twist/blitz.

in that case, he's very correct HAHAHA SV SUCKS

edit/ nick i want your fox controller! what color is it?
Yeah Ruby should link that vid to the Falcon boards.

I'm sure people over there can help him out. ^^;

Top Bottom