• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new fox trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
I don't really use fox, but I was fighting my friend with a fox and I did a technique that really made him go "wa??" I apologize in advance if it's already history, but I would do a dash-->Dspecial and I could do that 2-3 times without him being able to do anything. This is a little tricky to do. I did it maybe once a match and i didn't use him much at all. couldn't do it after each one, but it may be pretty useful to fox ppl.

please discuss

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Were you using any additional inputs beyond simply (Tap and hold to run) followed by (Down + Special), followed by another (Tap and hold to run) into (Down + Special)?

-or-

Did you only manage pull this off under a special, consistent set of circumstances? (e.g., your opponent was a certain height off the ground prior to the first Shine in every instance, or you were on a particular stage, or your opponent was in a particular state prior to the first Shine?)

If not, this is old and easily avoidable.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
it's fox's hit lag that kills this from working.
if the shine and hit lag was as long as a shine with out hitting some one, fox would have shine-shine combos.
but isince his lag is so much the opponent get pushed away far enough with out your being able to chase, they get out of the hit stun in time.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
yeah... its too bad... most characters just have to keep tapping A and they will just jab u out of ur Shine to Shine combo... but a lot of people will shield instead so for people who do that... grab them instead of shining... so mix it up... Dash > Shine > Dash > Grab > Dash > Grab > Dash > Shine.. you get the idea... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom