• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Falcon Tech, Is it possible?

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
Ok, I was watching "I Killed Mufasa" and thought, "Wow, wall jump knees sure are sexy"

Then the Idea came.

On Fountain of Dreams, Grab the ledge as Captain falcon.

Fall and wall jump without using your double jump

Reverse Falcon punch (so Sexy)

Double jump

Wall jump again

Up B, Back

1.) Is it possible?

2.) How sexy would that be?

Vith'dos

Smash Rookie
I just tried testin' it out myself. I've tried in on 1x, 2/3x, 1/2x, and 1/4x speeds. From what I've noticed though, with the way Fountain of Dreams is curving, there is no real possible way that you can wall jump off the stage without using your second jump. Even if you did, at the very edge of the stage if you wall kick, there isn't enough recovery from the Falcon Punch, even if you tilt it upwards for a bit more recovery, that you can truly recover from it. I mean, I'm not the greatest with drop off stage wall kicks without usin' yer second jump, but as I said, I really don't see any possible way of it bein' pulled off with how the stage curves inward from where the ledge actually is.

Although I will say, very sexy idea.

Edit: The only real stage that I see it possible on is Fourside, on either the far right or far left building. Wall kick into a Reverse Falcon Punch, use second jump, wall kick off the building, then up-b to recover.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
I just tried testin' it out myself. I've tried in on 1x, 2/3x, 1/2x, and 1/4x speeds. From what I've noticed though, with the way Fountain of Dreams is curving, there is no real possible way that you can wall jump off the stage without using your second jump. Even if you did, at the very edge of the stage if you wall kick, there isn't enough recovery from the Falcon Punch, even if you tilt it upwards for a bit more recovery, that you can truly recover from it. I mean, I'm not the greatest with drop off stage wall kicks without usin' yer second jump, but as I said, I really don't see any possible way of it bein' pulled off with how the stage curves inward from where the ledge actually is.

Edit: The only real stage that I see it possible on is Fourside, on either the far right or far left building. Wall kick into a Reverse Falcon Punch, use second jump, wall kick off the building, then up-b to recover.
/thread...?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
How close is it? If you're just missing the recovery, you can try the Doraki walljump or whatever.

Metà

Smash Master
I think this is entirely possible provided you have your double jump still, and you have ridiculous timing/precision. Also, MAKE SURE you aim the Falcon punch UP.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If someone had AR or something, we could try this out. LOL, but honestly, it would be tight if this works.

L__

Smash Master
I thought up something lame.

Off the top ledge on FoD, if you run off and reverse SH Falcon Punch, you can hit the very bottom and walljump recover back onto the stage; that is if you didn't waste your second jump.

It works btw.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Ok, I was watching "I Killed Mufasa" and thought, "Wow, wall jump knees sure are sexy"

Then the Idea came.

Double jump

Wall jump again

Up B, Back

1.) Is it possible?

you can dash atk wall jump reverse falcon punch and recover works on all stages if u can time the dash atk wall jump

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration

Try Yoshi's story. Might have more success.

We should notify Scar, he my have scarjumping technology that could apply to this.

Scar

#HarveyDent
From what I've noticed though, with the way Fountain of Dreams is curving, there is no real possible way that you can wall jump off the stage without using your second jump.
yes, unless you
dash atk wall jump
Try Yoshi's story. Might have more success.

We should notify Scar, he my have scarjumping technology that could apply to this.
lol You can scarjump falcon punch and the punch comes out, but then you die. i have however walljump falcon punched onto the cloud before, i have yet to hit anyone with that though. scarjumping is not necessary for it.

i'll verify all that info soon b/c if it could be done i think i have a new way to SD over and over

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0ZA0caN7c

after using that if u time it right u can wall jump right after...then u can falcon punch (or do w.e u want) and recover
and yes it does work

if u hold up while using a falcon punch in the air u have more of a chance of living but u prob already no that

u can also momentum drop to wall jump to nair to knee on fast fallers but the person ur playing has 2 have really really f***** up d.i to work.....(works at around 100% and above)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I don't exactly know how to scarjump. I can walljump, but I jump out too far and then die. How do you do it?

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman

Then the Idea came.

Double jump

Wall jump again

Up B, Back

1.) Is it possible?

Try it on the cornria wing then you'll see how sexy it really is <(^.^<)

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
yes, unless you

lol You can scarjump falcon punch and the punch comes out, but then you die. i have however walljump falcon punched onto the cloud before, i have yet to hit anyone with that though. scarjumping is not necessary for it.

i'll verify all that info soon b/c if it could be done i think i have a new way to SD over and over
It works on the corneria wing

Top Bottom