• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New diddy kong main

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Well when i first bought this game diddy was the first char i used, But a friend told me he was so hard to master that i just dropped it, But now since i played every char in the game,diddy kong is still my fav. So im deciding to main him full-time i really dont care of his tier. its just so fun to throw nana's i read som guides and i see has alot of techs,idk which to Add to my game, i know how to glide toss. and another thing im wondering with the nana's what do i mainly do to rack in dmg, i mean cus what i basically do is glide toss and follow up with dash attack but i know there's go to be more lolz.
But anyway thx for reading my horrible grammar and i just wanna destroy ppl with my nana:laugh:

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
zomg its the new wave of diddy players everyone is talking about lol!

to answer your questions there really isnt a simple answer to what to follow a naner with. A lot depends on your opponents percent/character/what stage etc. So for awhile your just going to have to play around with it until you figure it out.

That being said here is a starting point to naner follow ups.

-Early stock use 1fsmash and 1dsmash, dont use again until its time to KO to keep them fresh
-Mid percents I like to follow up with grabs, which have the added bonus of working even when your opponent shields the naner. Bthrow and fthrow after the grab, pick up the nanner, throw it at them, and repeat
-Dash attack combos with utilt on a lot of characters at a lot of percents, follow it up with an air
-At KO percents (make sure it actually is KO% which can be pretty high for diddy) follow up with dsmash or fsmash (duh!)

As for these /techs/ you have read about don't worry so much about them if your just starting. Just learn the ins and outs of diddys moveset and what follows up with what. The only thing I would really worry about is glidetossing but you say you can do that so.... ya

ADHD

Smash Hero
The road is long and tough. just practice to be as technically accurate as possible, but don't rush into things, just play around with him first. Don't even care about learning ATs until you feel you've got a grasp of the basic diddy.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
says the diddy main as of 1 month ago
I have been playing brawl since it came out and maining diddy since early summer; in other words I have mained him almost AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. I've used him in probably about 6-7 tournaments. I actually had another name on smashboards that was over a year old and had like 800 posts, but I really don't care about frivolous things like that which is why I switched accounts (to have the best nickname ever).

This is why you should never assume things you don't know, you make yourself look like an idiot. The whole judging people by their join date and not their post content is idiocy.

lol funny he he
You also get +2points for wasting a post.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering the same thing but didn't feel like making a separate thread.
The comments here helped so thank you for making the thread.
Goodluck with your Diddy.

Top Bottom