• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
There are like 16 characters that can't be CGed to death on Mario Circuit. If you aren't willing to pick one of them then you're crippling yourself and you deserve to be chaingrabbed off the side. Also, the cars can come and interrupt the CG, even if you're on the bottom and they're coming on the top. It's a perfectly fine stage.

Not a horrible response at all really, it's just that the CG just kills the point of playing if you're on a walk off stage. It doesn't demonstrate that you deserve to be placed higher than someone else in a tournament. I mean I have characters I can use that don't get CG'd but why do I have to force myself to do that? It should be banned so brawl is less like rock paper scissors.

Atomsk you use X no johns.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Spam is dumb lulz. Hyrule temple is banned why? Because fox can shoot a laser and run. But umm why didnt the smash community say, " you can be fox vs fox on hyrule, and if u dont want to switch to fox, you are crippling yourself and deserve to be camped".

Ic's cgs are not infinites.I wouldn care about ddd's cg if the player could do SOMETHING to get out. The fact that you cant di out of it in anyway is redic, and to assume that punishment for being grabbed should be loss of a stock is bs imo. That is why wobbeling was BANNED in many tournys. Ok dont get grabbed is a good motto, but wtf you can not expect people to never get grabbed, and to die from being grabbed once is bs,

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Spam is dumb lulz. Hyrule temple is banned why? Because fox can shoot a laser and run. But umm why didnt the smash community say, " you can be fox vs fox on hyrule, and if u dont want to switch to fox, you are crippling yourself and deserve to be camped".

Ic's cgs are not infinites.I wouldn care about ddd's cg if the player could do SOMETHING to get out. The fact that you cant di out of it in anyway is redic, and to assume that punishment for being grabbed should be loss of a stock is bs imo. That is why wobbeling was BANNED in many tournys. Ok dont get grabbed is a good motto, but wtf you can not expect people to never get grabbed, and to die from being grabbed once is bs,
Get ***** by Eazy's wisdom and logic lol.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
*Agrees with PRiDE*

Honestly Brawl's stage choices have a higher changing the outcome in matches since many players aren't far better than others. That's why I choose Pictochat. It's like I'm flipping a coin to see who wins. So far I've gotten heads twice "Velocity & DM" and tails twice "Velocity & Blackanese". Basically, Pictochat is really gay and I'm not changing my f-ing character just because of a stage choice unless it's Marth vs Pikachu on Poke-floats "**** you Raptor Hawk!!!!"

Velocity

Smash Lord
*Agrees with PRiDE*

Honestly Brawl's stage choices have a higher changing the outcome in matches since many players aren't far better than others. That's why I choose Pictochat. It's like I'm flipping a coin to see who wins. So far I've gotten heads twice "Velocity & DM" and tails twice "Velocity & Blackanese". Basically, Pictochat is really gay and I'm not changing my f-ing character just because of a stage choice unless it's Marth vs Pikachu on Poke-floats "**** you Raptor Hawk!!!!
20$ mm on pictochat right now

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Except there is more then one character that can play on Mario Circuit. Hyrule Temple is banned because Fox can hit you with a SINGLE laser and no matter what character in the game you are you automatically lose. Dedede is NOWHERE NEAR comparable to that on Mario Circuit. Your argument is tantamount to saying Mute City should be banned because Jiggs and Peach are both amazing there. It's stupid. I'll MM that I can beat any of you using Dedede on Mario Circuit. I'll also MM that I can beat any of you with Fox on Hyrule Temple in Melee.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Wow Kashif that was horrible.
Who cares if there are 10 chars or 1 char who can deal with the problem? Where is the line drawn as to how many chars there need to be who can deal with it? hmm 2 chars then its ok 2 keep the stage?3? 4?5? am I hot or cold? Fox can fight fox on hyrule and noone else, dedede can kill ALOT of chars with one grab on mariocart...point blank. If extreme advantage is to be gained by a character, the way d3 gains an advantage on mario cart, it should be BANNED. And jiggs and peach do not have SURE KILL methods on those stages, so bringing them into the conv is irrelevant. They have s SMALL advantage, and with enough patience it almost goes away. They do not have a stock stealing grab combo that the opponent can do NOTHING about. All of your arguements are completely biased. You never put yourself in the position of the people who are getting cg'd. Every player is not you and will not wait for 8 mins on one side of the stage shooting lasers. To expect them to be perfectly patient and never get grabbed is bs. And no its not fair to say, "well than they deserve it". If that was the case wobbeling would have remained legal and there would never be a debate. Getting grabbed and walked off the stage is bs and unfair, point blank.

Keitaro

I'll MM that I can beat any of you using Dedede on Mario Circuit. I'll also MM that I can beat any of you with Fox on Hyrule Temple in Melee.
No. Why? Cause stages + characters = gahyz

That's why those stages are banned or at least I hope they are.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Who cares if there are 10 chars or 1 char who can deal with the problem? Where is the line drawn as to how many chars there need to be who can deal with it? hmm 2 chars then its ok 2 keep the stage?3? 4?5? am I hot or cold? Fox can fight fox on hyrule and noone else
Wow you scrub, you are comparing a SINGLE laser to getting grabbed four times with a character that can be chaingrabbed. Fox CANNOT fight another Fox is he gets hit by a laser first. That's the thing. Whoever lands the first laser automatically wins the match. That is NOT AT ALL what Mario Kart is like. It ISN'T even comparable. Yes, chaingrabbing off the side is a tactic that results in you dying. That's like saying FD is broken in Melee because Sheik can chaingrab half the characters there to death. Is it? No. One grab and you die. You're crippling yourself by picking a character that can be chaingrabbed and you're wrong if you think otherwise. It was the same in Melee and it remains the same now. If I pick Corneria and you pick Bowser in Melee, you're crippling yourself.

dedede can kill ALOT of chars with one grab on mariocart...point blank. If extreme advantage is to be gained by a character, the way d3 gains an advantage on mario cart, it should be BANNED. And jiggs and peach do not have SURE KILL methods on those stages, so bringing them into the conv is irrelevant. They have s SMALL advantage, and with enough patience it almost goes away. They do not have a stock stealing grab combo that the opponent can do NOTHING about.
No amount of patience is going to do anything about the fact that they easily recover on that stage and most characters don't. Characters that both of them do bad against include Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, and Captain Falcon. All of those characters are massively crippled trying to recover on Mute City. Fox and Falco can be chaingrabbed by Peach there to death. Jiggs can upthrow rest or upthrow pound techchase rest space animals if they have reflexes like lightning and DI the throw.

All of your arguements are completely biased. You never put yourself in the position of the people who are getting cg'd. Every player is not you and will not wait for 8 mins on one side of the stage shooting lasers. To expect them to be perfectly patient and never get grabbed is bs. And no its not fair to say, "well than they deserve it". If that was the case wobbeling would have remained legal and there would never be a debate. Getting grabbed and walked off the stage is bs and unfair, point blank.
Excuse me? My arguments are not completely biased. I love Link in Melee and he's my favorite character to play. But if I'm playing a Sheik player, I am NOT using him because that's a stupid idea. I don't want to get chaingrabbed and I want to win. If I DO use Link I am knowingly crippling myself. I deserve to be chaingrabbed to death on every stock. I should be chaingrabbed to death on every stock. Because I was stupid enough to give my opponent that kind of advantage.

Keitaro

I never heard of this Sheik chaingrab to death thing? Did I miss out on this important Melee information?!?!? Since it's being brought up in this discussion it must be equally comparable to DDD's infinite chaingrab right?!!?

Oh wait!!..... :dizzy:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I never heard of this Sheik chaingrab to death thing? Did I miss out on this important Melee information?!?!? Since it's being brought up in this discussion it must be equally comparable to DDD's infinite chaingrab right?!!?

Oh wait!!..... :dizzy:
The characters Dedede can infinite without using a wall he can infinite on any stage and not just Mario Circuit.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
but...what about parking???? jk pride :p isnt it the same as always? (the parking)

ddd's a fat penguin who should go back to pimping and leave brawl forever

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Brawl would be ten times better if meta knight were band and DDD couldn't chain throw more then twice... =D am I shooting for the stars with this one? am I asking for the moon perhaps?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
you're pretty much asking for people not to play brawl lol. and unless you go to rutgers you don't have to worry about parking tickets.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Spamerer wins

Not a horrible response at all really, it's just that the CG just kills the point of playing if you're on a walk off stage. It doesn't demonstrate that you deserve to be placed higher than someone else in a tournament.
You can ban the stage or use a counter character.... something that has existed in the Melee scene basically since it started...

For example, have you ever heard of space animal users banning Ice Climbers, Peach, Fox, or players on Final D? Ohz noez, 0 to death CGs!!!

Ic's cgs are not infinites.
They have infinites...
That is why wobbeling was BANNED in many tournys. Ok dont get grabbed is a good motto, but wtf you can not expect people to never get grabbed, and to die from being grabbed once is bs,
Wobbling wasn't always banned (FCD).... and wtf @ die from being grabbed once??? Have you played Mew2King? xD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Spamerer wins

You can ban the stage or use a counter character.... something that has existed in the Melee scene basically since it started...

For example, have you ever heard of space animal users banning Ice Climbers, Peach, Fox, or players on Final D? Ohz noez, 0 to death CGs!!!
lol relax buddy i'm arguing for people who don't think it's fair. i dont think it's fair either but i can handle dedede just fine. and melee's different than brawl. a loss of a stock in brawl means you're screwed due to the ease of camping, while a loss of a stock in melee means you gotta work your a$$ off to get back in the game., which is much more possible in melee than it is in brawl. brawl =/= melee.

Keitaro

The characters Dedede can infinite without using a wall he can infinite on any stage and not just Mario Circuit.
My point stands that I'm happy I play Falco. But for anyone who chooses Mario you have to switch mains cause you'll be counterpicked to a gay stage and/or infinetely chaingrabbed by DDD.

This is madness!!

DIS IS....BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLWLLWLWLWLL!!!!

I'll be at the tournament @ 4 then.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol relax buddy i'm arguing for people who don't think it's fair. i dont think it's fair either but i can handle dedede just fine. and melee's different than brawl. a loss of a stock in brawl means you're screwed due to the ease of camping, while a loss of a stock in melee means you gotta work your a$$ off to get back in the game., which is much more possible in melee than it is in brawl. brawl =/= melee.
If you can ban a stage and there are ~16 characters that can't be chaingrabbed then how is the stage broken? It isn't.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
and inui if we don't happen to play each other in tourney wanna mm? nothing special, just your best vs my best.
Yes.

ROT8, allow teams before singles because it finishes in under two hours and we'll still have tons of time for singles. Nobody will do teams at all if we do it last because people stop caring after singles. I'd like to come and bring about 3-4 people with me, but just singles is extremely lame for people that don't just live at Rutgers.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
So after talking to spam and inui we have agreed that a fun change would be NICE at this weekly. Let me know if you guys like the idea.
A Fawkhightier tourny at this weekly to replace the normal singles tourny.
This would be a tourny with eligible characters( all up for debate) being anyone other than
Snake
metaknight
spacies
zelda
jiggs(debating)
ics(debating)
toon link
sheik( still debating)
rob
pit
dedede
marth
pika
diddy kong
game n watch
zss( on the ropes, maybe legal)
Hope i didnt forget anyone, im mad tired.
Brawl had the potential to bea fun game, so lets see how the tourny scene would be without mk and snake poopin on everyones heads lol. Pride??? U better be down with this!!! DmBrANDon! YEHS! Keitaro! All of you!
Seriously, I think this is a great idea, and it could change the atmosphere of the tournaments for the better. What do you guys think?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I thought of making it a low tier tournament. :) I actually want to run a low tier event at our tournament on the 17th, Brandon.

I think Lucas and Ness might be a little too good for a low tier tournament, especially Lucas. You also forgot to mention Ike. PT needs to be banned because Squirtle is amazing. Kirby has too many advantages on a lot of the low tiers to be allowed, like huge combos on DK/Link/Falcon/Ganon/anything with some sort of weight.

I'd run all over you guys with my Link and Ganondorf. ;)

Top Bottom