• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

Eazy23

Smash Lord
DONT BE STEALIN THE CREDIT INUI, it was OUR idea son!!!! I love hugs! No homo of course..

Inui, I dont think we can call it LOW tier u know? Just kinda like NOT HIGH tier tourny. I talked 2 kashif, he thinks ike is ok for this tourny, I myself am not sure. and lol squirtle is a funny little blue man but i duno if he shud be banned. Actually kirbys combos are more for fast fallers. The only things that DEF combo on not fastfallers chars is fthro uair utilt, and its been escaped. With the spacies being takin out of this one, only falcon is left 2 get ***** lol. But yea everyone throw in the characters you would like to debate so this can be as fair as possible!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
so why wasn't Yoshi included on that list? ..... .... ? lolol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
jiggs should be banned because jiggs + delfino = top tier. olimar kinda ***** too imo. i'm ok with a fawkhightier tourney :) does this change what stages are allowed?

brandon i am clearly much more deserving of your hug.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The only way I see this possible is if we don't do teams at all and do the Fawkhightier thing before singles @ 5.

Keitaro

I can't agree with that because it is extremely sudden notice and people will be coming for normal singles not day-before-planned-fawkhightier bs. Plus this was not planned with Dave, the tourney host, at all so I know he's going by his original saying.

Besides that I have people coming from my town for a normal tourney not a biased low tier one.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Low tier, for Brawl? Why? -_- official tiers aren't out yet.

I mean, you guys mentioned DK, Lucas, PT, Luigi, Peach, etc. but last time I checked the SmashBackRoom, I read many posts saying Luigi, DK, Lucas = high tier, PT and Peach = mid tier, what have you.

I mean, it would be fun and all, but when money is in the mix, it wouldn't really be fair.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Low tier, for Brawl? Why? -_- official tiers aren't out yet.

I mean, you guys mentioned DK, Lucas, PT, Luigi, Peach, etc. but last time I checked the SmashBackRoom, I read many posts saying Luigi, DK, Lucas = high tier, PT and Peach = mid tier, what have you.

I mean, it would be fun and all, but when money is in the mix, it wouldn't really be fair.
Then don't come.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
That seems like a drastic change to make this close to the event... But I don't think I'm gonna do one next week because of finals so what the hell, let's go out in style: No ubers!

And I guess that might change the stage list, since some of them were because of Dedede or campy Meta Knights. Ooh! Let's put every stage into counter-picks! lololol

So, continue debating on who/where should be allowed. I'll update the first post, if not right now then mid-afternoon or later tonight. I'll also print whatever the final lists are for convenience before the event.

Keitaro

So what do you want to do Dave?

Teams and low tier singles?

low tier singles and singles?

Teams and singles?

For my thought on it I care about teams the least and normal singles the most.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
I was kinda figuring on just "low tier." Honestly, I'm burnt out. We could run something after the BS (Brawl**** lolol) tourney depending on mood/turnout, though. I'd probably go for normal singles if anything.

And NJsFinest, don't worry, I won't just blindly ban half the cast. Decisions will be at least mildly backed up. Plus I figure it's less about being "low tier" and more about trying to see characters outside of the small subset we've seen here week after week that we already know are "good."

Keitaro

Alright sounds cool. Now when I think about it, my friends that are going to come play Ganon and Luigi so this is actually better for them.

Stupid Tier singles it is. The Falcon is coming out tomorrow night :)

If there is enough time and depending whether people are up for it or not we can then run normal singles or teams after. We'll see what happens.

Keitaro

And people will soon find out Ganon is one too.

None of my other characters besides my Falco can beat my friend's Ganon. NONE!! So if I face him in this tourney I'm gonna have to rely on Pictochat to win :/

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ARG! lolol. Okay lets do fawkhighteir singles and then normal singles? thats my vote..

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I knew keitaro would be the only one to disagree, somehow, someway, I knew he would find a way.

Njfinest- there are characters who are noticeably better than others who are allowed in this tourny. But just like rot8 said, I wasnt trying to make a tourny where only bad chars are bad. More like a tourny where the really really good chars are NOT played. Luigi is a good character, he is one of my mains. But he does not have the crazy punishing options like mk snake d3 etc, get my point?

Pride- yoshi is too dam good, but i found it in my heart to not ban him lol
keitaro- alex shudn be able 2 use ganon lol but yea, really i dont see that this change is drastic enough to have any negative effect. The only people who it cud screw over are the top placers who rely on their char, and I dont think anyone wants to be seen as the tierwhoring scrub lol So we have to give them a shot to show they can really smash.....Kashif.... lolol

And why dont we just NOT do reg singles this time around?? I mean its been done over n over n over. And it would suck if people didn enter the fawkhightiers cuz they were waiting for reg singles.

Pride stop hating on teams, open your eyes and heart to more smash!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
My friends and I don't want to drive up to Rutgers for only one event, so if teams/something else isn't 100% guaranteed to happen, we will probably not come. We all tend to prefer teams and driving an hour for just singles sucks.

Ike would be allowed in this tournament? Wtf? I was under the impression that he was good.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
My friends and I don't want to drive up to Rutgers for only one event, so if teams/something else isn't 100% guaranteed to happen, we will probably not come. We all tend to prefer teams and driving an hour for just singles sucks.

Ike would be allowed in this tournament? Wtf? I was under the impression that he was good.
He is good...he shouldnt be allowed.

And yes for teams...RICK ASTLEY??? YES!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Fawk High Tier Teams sounds fun. Ness/Link is gonna take it. :)

ROT8, lemme know ASAP if you're going to run teams FIRST(running teams second probably won't happen because people stop caring after singles). If you're not going to do teams first even though it takes less than half the time of singles, let me know so that me and my friends don't bother driving an hour for only one event.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ness ain't that good. If it's just "no amazing characters" then Ness can be allowed since he's not amazing.

MetaKnight
Snake
Dedede
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Falco
Marth
Diddy Kong
Pit
Wolf
Fox
Ike
ROB
Zelda
Sheik
Squirtle(and thus, Pokemon Trainer)
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers

Those characters should probably be banned in this tournament since they're all amazing. Ice Climbers, Zamus, and Lucas are debatable.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ivy/Char should be fine. If the person dies as chari, the opponent should let them change.

Shiek is fine.

Zamus is fine too.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Zamus is borderline I'd say.

Sheik is fine imo.

lucas is borderline too. only reason i say that is because of is pk fire and his up smash. the latter is extremely punishable though. and i guess his pk fire is just more annoying than good.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Jiggz is gay, good but nowhere near amazing. Her position should be debated. Ike is meh, I kinda didn think he should be allowed so if everyone agrees, im fine with him being banned.Sheik I don't believe should be banned. Seriously I think samus, luigi, mario,peach, sonic etc can all take shiek. She isnt amazing enough to be banned imo. Squirtle is good but, SERIOUSLY, ban him? he has decent aerials and a good approach but I dont see anything bannable. Ivysaur has that gay dmbrandon move where he keeps u stuck in his seeds of homo, so ghey and makes him 2 good lol

Keitaro

I agree with PRiDE. I would love to do normal singles after and low tier stuff first. That's 2 vs 1 "Inui" for now.

Btw, I think it's gay to take 21 entire characters out for low tier but I'm fine with it. If Ike is in I'm choosing that over C Falcon cause my Ike is my 2nd if not 3rd best character.

Teams is dead for this tourney, sorry Inui :/

@Eazy: Screw youououou!! You better come or else son!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
yo keit,
I was thinkin the same thing like DAM thats alot of banned chars. BUt each of them is capable of ruining the FAWK high tier. Thats kinda what the debate is for. I mean if u let pika in, he will camp. pit same ish. Gaw will **** mk will **** snake will ****. Spacies will **** came w/e, get my buzz? If there are chars u dont think have CRAZY punishing abilities or extreme camping then debate and try 2 get them off the list.
Im thinking dk may be 2 strong for this tourny, Ike as well. I still dont see squirtle being to good for this, and sheik shud stay as well. PLEASE PEOPLE DEBATE

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I love this idea for tomorrow's tournament. Now I need to get my Luigi-main friend to come to this. I haven't been able to convince him yet, but maybe now he will.

*looks at main* Something tells me he's gonna be allowed in, lol.

As for potential banned characters, where would Olimar fit into this? I think he might be powerful enough to be banned, even with his easily gimpable recovery. Not so sure about Ike though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Meleemellemelee
Okay who hacked dm's account...

i'll debate once i gather my thoughts.

Thoughts Gathered!
So we have the obvious banned ones right? (copied inui's list cuz i'm lazy)

MetaKnight
Snake
Dedede
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Falco
Marth
Diddy Kong
Pit
Wolf
Fox
Ike
ROB
Zelda
Sheik
Squirtle(and thus, Pokemon Trainer)
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers

And now the debatable ones

Pokemon Trainer
As Eazy said, squirtle's not THAT rapeful, ivy's got a gay B, and charizard is just strong. It's definitely not unbeatable though.

Jigglypuff
I think the easiness of killing jiggz makes up for jiggz's aerial dominance

Sheik
Her overall nerfs should allow her to be in a fawkhightier tourney. i truly dont see a reason for her to be banned tbh

Lucas
This one's a toughey. He has really good moves but he's not AMAZING so all in all, i think he can be allowed.

Ice climbers
I think Kashif made a good point about just one ice climber. (Did they do that in low tier tournies for melee?)

Zero Suit Samus
I really have no reason for why she shouldn't be banned but I think this should be debated. I lack knowledge about Zamus so I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

Olimar
Same as Zamus, can someone clear this up for me?

Kirby
lol If I was smart I'd say "BAN THIS MOFO" after playing vs Eazy's kirby. I'll stick with letting him stay though.

DK
Banzorz. Good Range and extremely strong makes him high tier imo.

Well that's my thoughts on it. Time to learn Organic Chemistry WOOT

Eazy: stop ****** with characters that are eligible for FawkHighTier level of play xD

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Okay I am posting this even though I am gonna get a slew of hate responses but o well. Why isn't DDD's chain grab banned? period ? In melee wobbling was banned.. Why isn't this banned yet? Because not everyone can get chain grabbed? SO what? You are doing an automatic 30-40 damage on 18 characters of the game jsut by a simple grab. Don't we want more balanced and fair matches? Isn't that what takes skill to win tournaments? So because DDD can't chain grab 16 chars, we as a community feel that it is perfectly fair and balanced to permit it to the rest of the cast? Don't we want to play a balanced game or do we want to play an unbalanced game. Someone told me that maybe you should learn another char to get around it. All the good players do... Why though, when the problem can be made fair for everyone just by banning an unbalance? We go out of our where to make stages fair.. Why not char imbalances?

Can someone make sense out of this without flamming me. Please =)

YOSHI

Keitaro

The way I see it is that I wouldn't want to play DDD and be forced to not do a move. I don't chaingrab with Falco "anymore at least" but I do chaingrab to spike or might do d-throw to d-throw to f-smash instead of d-throw X6 to spike.

I also think that even if you ban it people are gonna john saying "if I had it you woulda lost, why is it banned in the first place it isn't that gay" and "I'm so used to chaingrabbing it f's up my playing completely" and I don't want any johns so that's why I'm okay with it.

Besides that, EVERYONE LOOK AT MY AWESOME SIGNATURE!!

IT'S KEITARO TIME, LOL!!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Okay I am posting this even though I am gonna get a slew of hate responses but o well. Why isn't DDD's chain grab banned? period ? In melee wobbling was banned.. Why isn't this banned yet? Because not everyone can get chain grabbed? SO what? You are doing an automatic 30-40 damage on 18 characters of the game jsut by a simple grab.
With wobbling, you can close your eyes after you get a grab and do it until your opponent dies. It's 100% guaranteed, inescapable death for every single character in the game and your opponent doesn't even have to look at the screen. Dedede doesn't even necessarily do 30-40 damage depending on where he gets the grab off let alone take his opponent from 0 to death with a single grab and there's always the chance that he'll trip in the middle of it. 30-40 damage isn't that much anyways, it's like a single combo. Kirby has a guaranteed combo vs a lot of chars that is fthrow uair fthrow uair fsmash starting from 0.

Sheik shouldn't be banned, she isn't anywhere near as gay as any of the others. DK shouldn't be banned. Lucas SHOULD be banned cuz his camping is gay.

Top Bottom