• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Content Approaching (September 30th)

A new update has launched for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash Bros! Both versions received two additional stages, and the next wave of Mii Fighter costumes. Below is a list that was originally posted by Nantendo on Source Gaming. Check out the full Smashboards patch note thread here!

Stages:
Super Mario Maker: one version:
$2.49/£2.29; 3DS+Wii U: $3.49/£3.19

Pirate Ship (Wii U exclusive): $1.99/£1.79

Duck Hunt (3DS exclusive): Free with update!

The Super Mario Maker Stage is compatible with 8 Player Smash on both forms.
Pirate Ship is 8 Player Smash on Omega form only.

Mii Fighter Costumes:
Business Suit: one version:
$0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Toad Hat + Toad Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Viridi Wig + Viridi’s Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Hunter’s Helm + Hunter’s Mail: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Rathalos Helm + Rathalos Mail: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Fox Hat + Fox Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Captain Falcon Helmet + Captain Falcon’s Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69;3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09

Bundles:
Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #4: one version:
$5.25/£4.83; 3DS+Wii U: $8.05/£7.63
Collection #4: Wii U: $9.73/£8.91; 3DS:$7.74/£7.12; 3DS+Wii U: $13.53/£12.61

There are reports of additional balance changes made for all characters.

The Super Smash Bros. Ballot is also ending very soon, with only a few days left. Visit the official website to vote.

What is the best part of the update? Leave a comment below!

PushDustIn loves the cat paw in the Super Mario Maker stage. You can send him cat pictures on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

L E G A L I Z E M A R I O M A K E R

But seriously I was hoping for Pirate Ship when they anunced Mario Maker, and my dreams came true! Now if only I actually had the Wii version... Well at least I can play Duck Hunt now.:dr^_^::happysheep:

Last edited:
I was disappointed there was no new character. But I did buy my first Mii costume; the business suit for my swordfighter!

Looking forward to exploring the Super Mario Maker stage inside and out, even if the Omega version is underwhelming.

Honestly? This update is really lackluster (IMO). At least coming from someone who plays a balance of casual and competitive play. It just doesn't add much for me to really enjoy.

And am I the only one who hates Mii's? I'm sorry but I hope these soulless pieces garbage are removed in the next game. I'd rather see the smash team focus on new stages, modes, and characters rather than aesthetic costumes.

Hooooooly cow what a music playlist for the Mario Maker stage, only one original song though and a style switch theme that plays the 4 original main ground theme songs.

And they took out the original Great Sea song on the Pirate Ship stage? Wow thats lame =/

Last edited:
Anticipating the new DLC character reveals, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

On another note, I'd love to see Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar (it's on the 3DS version) and/or Brinstar Depths, and Zebes 64 make a return. Frigate Orpheon is what I'd love the most, though.

Also, alt costumes for the main cast, please?

Last edited:
Oh indeed I won't. I've been boycotting buying Nintendo products ever since Brawl was released & my favorite game series was changed in a way I really don't like or appreciate.

With the exception of buying the occasional nintendo WII U game for my kids... I don't buy into Nintendo anymore. Which sucks because the SNES / N64 were amazing parts of my childhood.

I wish Nintendo would avoid the whole DLC scam and make their DLC free to separate themselves from the negative trend in the gaming industry of selling gamers half a game and then milking them for money with every new update, stage, costume, etc.

I always admired Nintendo as a kid, but now they're just an evil corporation with plastic money grabbing claws as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention trying to kill Project Melee...
If the DLC was free, they would not be able to afford to do it. A lot of effort goes into the characters and stages, and they're expensive to make. if it was free, we would only get Mewtwo and Miiverse stage. Ryu, Lucas, Roy, Mario Maker stage, Pirate ship, and the 64 stages wouldn't get in because they are too expensive to give a way free. and nintendo is doing better than other companies, they are focusing on characters and stages, with mii costumes being an afterthought, which is the opposite of what other companies do.

Last edited:
If the DLC was free, they would not be able to afford to do it.
They're selling us a piece of plastic for $80.00... sell milions of copies... and you think they can't afford to make a few extra characters or stages?

Man the gaming industry has really brainwashed us well when it comes to forking over our hard earned cash...

They're selling us a piece of plastic for $80.00... sell milions of copies... and you think they can't afford to make a few extra characters or stages?

Man the gaming industry has really brainwashed us well when it comes to forking over our hard earned cash...
Erm, no. You do realize how much making a stage with a different layout every time costs, right?

Toad as a Mii costume? I'm incredibly booty-bothered right now. Perhaps I shouldn't have taunted King K Rool fans and to a lesser extent, Virtua Fighter fans. I've paid for my sins. Dear lord, please send the BasedGod.

User was warned for this post
**EWNetworks (Etika) Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS BALLOT STRAW POLLS!!** **SPREAD THIS TO EVERY YOUTUBE VIDEO YOU WATCH INVOLVING SUPER SMASH BROS. SPREAD TO CHANNELS SUCH AS GIANCAROLO, SHOFU, PROJARED, AND OTHERS!** **WE ARE TRYING TO SEE HOW ACCURATE THE SMASH BROS BALLOT WILL BE. DEADLINE FOR THE BALLOT IS OCTOBER 3RD. MAKE SURE YOU VOTE AND TWEET THIS HASHTAG #SmashBrosEtikaBallot** *LINK TO VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM5Oco1YaU* A - I: http://strawpoll.me/5619260 K - S: http://strawpoll.me/5619261 S - Z: http://strawpoll.me/5619263

User was warned for this post
Your votes will determine which player makes it into Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS.
I don't think you understand how this works... It's purely to gauge who wants what character, but only the official fighter ballot (on Nintendo's website) will affect the standings.

I voted for Inkling though. #represent

I enjoy the number of different layouts that Super Mario Maker can have. But yeah, both aren't going to be viable for the competitive scene. If you are a competitive player, at least the 3DS got Duck Hunt!
If you were a competitive player, you wouldn't be playing the 3DS version unless you're playing on the go.

With the exception of buying the occasional nintendo WII U game for my kids... I don't buy into Nintendo anymore. Which sucks because the SNES / N64 were amazing parts of my childhood.

I always admired Nintendo as a kid, but now they're just an evil corporation with plastic money grabbing claws as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention trying to kill Project Melee...
You're free boycott and disapprove of whatever you want but I hear this kind of "Nintendo used to be great now they like money" stuff a lot and it just strikes me as uninformed.

Do you know anything about Nintendo as a business back then? They were fiercely capitalistic, wildly protective of copyright and really in general kind of jerks. One of the reason most 3rd parties jumped ship to PlayStation ASAP was because Nintendo were a pain to work with. The reason the playstation itself exists is because Nintendo screwed Sony over.

I find it especially silly when people bring up Nintendo not approving of Project M as an example of their decline. Back in the SNES days they would've immediately filed a full blown legal suit against the project M team.

Nintendo is far from perfect but they've gotten better over time not worse. The real difference is nowadays gaming culture has now adapted a position of very heavy scrutiny of companies whereas it used to be just "who cares" especially if you were a kid back then. The company hasn't so much changed as YOU have changed. Nintendo couldn't even get away with some of the stuff they used to now because of A. How much more critical people are nowadays and B. because they no longer have a vice grip on the industry.

And that doesn't even account for things like changes in the industry like the fact that even adjusting for inflation game development is WAAAY more expensive than it used to be and the price of games isn't too different(remember when you could pay $50 for a new NES game that about 10 people made in a year? Pepperidge farm remembers) and that profit margins for the AAA game industry as a whole have not been doing well despite a much larger consumer base and things like DLC, but I digress.

...Sorry got into a bit of a rant there.

Oh right, let's just forget the free tourney mode, Miiverse, Pirate Ship, Duck Hunt, some mii costumes, and some other miscellaneous contents that the developers were generous enough to offer despite the game itself already having a lot of content to begin with. It's embarrassing how cognizant people like you can be paradoxically ignorant as well as being arrogant and callous.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so hyped about the 3rd? I know that the ballot is ending but seriously, why is everyone expecting a character announcement the SAME DAY?
The only reason I would be hyped would be for Sakurai to have a presentation of some kind talking about an upcoming character, or ballot results, pretty much how he hyped us with mewtwo

Here's a fun tip that you guys might have not known. In training mode on the mario maker stage, if you put reset, the music changes. Don't know if it works on pirate ship since I didn't buy it.

Top Bottom