• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Content Approaching (September 30th)

A new update has launched for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash Bros! Both versions received two additional stages, and the next wave of Mii Fighter costumes. Below is a list that was originally posted by Nantendo on Source Gaming. Check out the full Smashboards patch note thread here!

Stages:
Super Mario Maker: one version:
$2.49/£2.29; 3DS+Wii U: $3.49/£3.19

Pirate Ship (Wii U exclusive): $1.99/£1.79

Duck Hunt (3DS exclusive): Free with update!

The Super Mario Maker Stage is compatible with 8 Player Smash on both forms.
Pirate Ship is 8 Player Smash on Omega form only.

Mii Fighter Costumes:
Business Suit: one version:
$0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Toad Hat + Toad Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Viridi Wig + Viridi’s Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Hunter’s Helm + Hunter’s Mail: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Rathalos Helm + Rathalos Mail: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Fox Hat + Fox Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69; 3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09
Captain Falcon Helmet + Captain Falcon’s Outfit: one version: $0.75/£0.69;3DS+Wii U: $1.15/£1.09

Bundles:
Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #4: one version:
$5.25/£4.83; 3DS+Wii U: $8.05/£7.63
Collection #4: Wii U: $9.73/£8.91; 3DS:$7.74/£7.12; 3DS+Wii U: $13.53/£12.61

There are reports of additional balance changes made for all characters.

The Super Smash Bros. Ballot is also ending very soon, with only a few days left. Visit the official website to vote.

What is the best part of the update? Leave a comment below!

PushDustIn loves the cat paw in the Super Mario Maker stage. You can send him cat pictures on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

And thus the community waits with agonizing desperation for a character reveal, left hungry after this morsel of new content to prepare for the main dish served by the illustrious Ballot.

Last edited:
Pirate Ship and Super Mario Maker are fun (too bad they're likely to be banned).
I enjoy the number of different layouts that Super Mario Maker can have. But yeah, both aren't going to be viable for the competitive scene. If you are a competitive player, at least the 3DS got Duck Hunt!

Aw, too bad the Pirate Ship is only Wii U, I love that stage! But I'm curious about the character balancing if any of the characters changed.

Surprised by the lack of Pirate Ship hype, it's absence was one of my main problems with the starting stage roster. Glad to see it's back!!!

Pirate Ship is one of my favorite stages in Brawl, especially when you play it with Dragon Roost Island as the background music, one of the best musical pieces in gaming history, so I was extremely ecstatic when they brought this stage back.

D
I am so happy they brought Pirate Ship back, it was one of the absolute best stages in Brawl and it bummed me out this game had no Wind Waker stage especially after WWHD.

pssttt Daddy Sakurai, now bring back Yoshi's Story and Fountain of Dreams and we're good.

Finally! It was weird to have Toon Link return without Pirate Ship. I hope there are some new awesome remixes from The Wind Waker.

SIGH... I was hoping for a surprise DLC character. I think I'm a bit spoiled after the overwhelming surprise of Ryu & Roy when Lucas came out. Other than that though, I LOVE the Duck Hunt stage so I'm thrilled it's coming to 3DS. NOT as thrilled, however, as I am about the Pirate Ship being back on Wii U! WOOOO!!!

Now if only they'd bring back Elektroplankton & Rumble Falls!

And to think the majority here, including me, thought Super Mario Maker was all we were getting. :laugh:

I'm loving this update. Super Mario Maker is great, although a small nitpick is it would've been nice if we could save a couple designs so we could play it again in the future.
I didn't really miss Pirate Ship, but it's a fan favorite and I'm happy for the people who wanted it back. Still bought it. :p
Duck Hunt is a really nice bonus, considering I don't often have the opportunity to play the Wii U version.
And outside the Fox outfit, I don't really like character outfits where it's just a Mii going to a Halloween party, same reason why I don't like the K. Rool, Isabelle and K.K. Slider ones, those outfits are great.

Finally! It was weird to have Toon Link return without Pirate Ship. I hope there are some new awesome remixes from The Wind Waker.
Pirate Ship doesn't have any new songs. It's all music that's already in the game.

Last edited:
A MONSTER HUNTER ARMOR WAS CLEARLY UNEXPECTED.
HOLY COW.

Mario Maker has a new Mario Maker remix as well complete new for Smash.

YES PIRATE SHIP I MISS IT!!! OMEGA IS SWEET TOO But, only I saw the Legend of Zelda tango medley on it.

FINALLY. Duck Hunt have proper 3DS Stage for free. Cool.

It's nice to see Pirate Ship come back. Hopefully one day we'll get Termina: Great Bay back, it was one of favorite banned melee stages next to Mute City and Poke Floats.

Still waiting for Sakurai to make Mii's playable for all of the online modes. He makes all of these DLC costumes for them but you can only online mode you can use them in (not counting playing with friends) is Tourney Mode. And in this mode you use whatever Mii you want with or without customs set.

Last edited:
Pirate Ship has pre-existing music (I think that Hyrule Castle's new medley is even here). That means that stages with their music already added (like Fountain of Dreams) still have a chance! :D

Why is everyone so hyped about the 3rd? I know that the ballot is ending but seriously, why is everyone expecting a character announcement the SAME DAY?

Eh, a Toad Mii outfit is still a step up from Peach's out-of-character barely functional meatshield move that's represented him for three whole Smash games now.

I'll take it.

Why is everyone so hyped about the 3rd? I know that the ballot is ending but seriously, why is everyone expecting a character announcement the SAME DAY?
I think it's just because it's a change... we've known about the ballot for a long time and it's finally coming to an end. In the next couple months we will probably receive information about what occurred in the ballot, and I am reaaally excited to see how people voted. I hope they show the top 20 most voted for by country (or something along those lines). I think that'd be really interesting.

The Omega forms of Super Mario Maker and Pirate Ship are amazing. The platform of Omega Pirate Ship is clever as hell and the dynamic environments (storms and ships of Pirate Ship, changing tileset of Super Mario Maker) of both make them interesting to fight on. I wish more Omega stages were like these... most of them are just boring platforms with no thought put into them, like Pilotwings or Norfair, or just a lifeless and static stage, like Wily Castle and Wrecking Crew. I'm glad the stage designers are realizing a competitively fair stage doesn't have to be devoid of anything interesting.

As for the Mii costumes, it sure is a good day to be a Mii Swordfighter player! Those Rathalos and Viridi costumes look great. Too bad I use Mii Gunner, and we just got a... Fox costume.

I hope from that monster hunter costume is a hint of a monster hunter guy/girl to be in the game (a guy can dream) ;_;

Well, as a principle I pretty much plan to get all Smash 4 DLC. Looking forward to getting the Mario Maker stage, and Pirate Ship stage. Looks like I'm replacing my Mii Swordsman's outfit with the monster hunter costume with the lava sword. Hopefully it goes well with the Dragon Helmet though. If not, it'll be a hard decision between the dragon helmet and the helmet that hides the face because I'm a sucker for helmets like that.
As for everything else, I know people that like everything else in the pack for costumes (except monster hunter, since I'm the only one that likes it and I don't have the game), but the chances of people I know playing Miis is a bit slim as they are a bunch of Mario, Zelda and Metroid fans so they will only play the Miis if they are visiting for a long time.

DANG IT! I WANTED A NEW CHARACTER! At least I get one of my favorite stages from Brawl!:bluejump:

Last edited:
Free 3DS stage hype!:joyful:
I was a little disappointed when the Pirate Ship was only for the Wii U, however having a free stage gives me more joy.

Also the Mario Maker stage is great and in my opinion totally worth the price I paid.

Thank you based Sakurai, my day has been made. :awesome:

Then don't buy it?
Oh indeed I won't. I've been boycotting buying Nintendo products ever since Brawl was released & my favorite game series was changed in a way I really don't like or appreciate.

With the exception of buying the occasional nintendo WII U game for my kids... I don't buy into Nintendo anymore. Which sucks because the SNES / N64 were amazing parts of my childhood.

I wish Nintendo would avoid the whole DLC scam and make their DLC free to separate themselves from the negative trend in the gaming industry of selling gamers half a game and then milking them for money with every new update, stage, costume, etc.

I always admired Nintendo as a kid, but now they're just an evil corporation with plastic money grabbing claws as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention trying to kill Project Melee...

Oh indeed I won't. I've been boycotting buying Nintendo products ever since Brawl was released & my favorite game series was changed in a way I really don't like or appreciate.

With the exception of buying the occasional nintendo WII U game for my kids... I don't buy into Nintendo anymore. Which sucks because the SNES / N64 were amazing parts of my childhood.

I wish Nintendo would avoid the whole DLC scam and make their DLC free to separate themselves from the negative trend in the gaming industry of selling gamers half a game and then milking them for money with every new update, stage, costume, etc.

I always admired Nintendo as a kid, but now they're just an evil corporation with plastic money grabbing claws as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention trying to kill Project Melee...
DLC as a whole is not inherently bad, like every tool it can be used or abused and games such as MK8 and Smash 4 are examples of DLC being put to good use.
And it can't be free in this case because it's post created content which means that more hours of work were invested into it. You would basically be asking the devs to work for free.

Have folks seen the changes thread?

Sakurai is basically saying "Use customs, nubs!!!!!".....

Welp, Nintendo was the last to go into the DLC business and at least they aren't simply locking content on their discs for people to purchase. THAT's crap. A majority of Smash Bros fans agree that if they're going to work additional hours to give us more material, we will support them with our $$$.

Also, I LOVE Project M, but if I ran a company with several characters that were owned by my company and someone was taking my product, altering it and distributing it online... I would try to put an end to it. I really don't think it's right to blame them for this. I know, I know you NEED the Brawl disc to play it, but it still seems like the makers of Project M are probably breaking several copyright laws.

I hope you're joking. I really do.

Top Bottom